/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is this reason is correct skip my fajar prayer and make it khaza

legendaryman
02-05-2015, 06:02 PM
I was thinking to skip my fajar prayer ..the logic Is .....from my minimal understanding of Islam at the day of judgment we will go in hell if our bad deeds are more than our good deeds ,similar we go in janah if our good deeds are more than our bad deeds....what I was thinking is if I live my fajar prayer ..what happens maximum just I will be charged for skipping one fajar prayer on the other hand iam prayering for four times in day and not doing some other sins ..I think this could lead me to paradise

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The-Deist
02-05-2015, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by legendaryman
I was thinking to skip my fajar prayer
It was narrated that Buraydah ibn al-Husayb (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘The covenant that distinguishes between us and them is the prayer, and whoever neglects it has disbelieved (become a kaafir).’” (It was narrated by Ahmad, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah). What is meant here by kufr or disbelief is the kind of kufr which puts a person beyond the pale of Islam, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made prayer the dividing line between the believers and the disbelievers. It is known that the community of kufr is not the same as the community of Islam, so whoever does not fulfil this covenant must be one of the kaafireen (disbelievers).
Got this from
http://islamqa.info/en/5208
format_quote Originally Posted by legendaryman
we go in janah if our good deeds are more than our bad deeds
Read this http://www.onislam.net/english/shari...his-deeds.html
Narrated Abu Huraira (RadhiAllahu 'anhu):

Allah's Messenger ﷺ said: "The deeds of anyone of you will not save you (from the (Hell) Fire)."

They said: "Even you (will not be saved by your deeds), O Allah's Apostle ﷺ?"

He (Allah's Messenger ﷺ) said: "No, even I (will not be saved) unless and until Allah bestows His mercy on me. Therefore, do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately, and worship Allah in the forenoon and in the afternoon and during a part of the night, and always adopt a middle, moderate, regular course whereby you will reach your target (paradise)."

[Sahih Bukhari - Book 76, Hadith 470]

BeTheChange
02-05-2015, 09:45 PM
I don't think we should be categorising which (COMPULSORY) deeds we should and should not do. By praying your 4 salaah's out of 5 sounds extremely good but we shouldn't think this is going to lead me to jannah as i have only missed 1 salaah out of 5.

Each good deed is judged on it's intention and only Allah swa can be the only true & just judge regarding our actions and our final destination - either hell or heaven.

I don't know if you have heard of this story but it is a very widespread and important hadith. A prostitute (someone who is considered the worst of human beings) was granted jannah for providing water to a thirsty dog. Now imagine this, not a human but a dog - in Islam having a dog as a pet is not allowed - we can only have a dog for protection/safety. It is seen as an unclean animal and a pure black dog has also been associated with the shaytaan – One would assume a dog has no status but look at how Allah swa elevated the status of a dog to show us we do not know and even if we think we know – we still don’t know.

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "A prostitute was forgiven by Allah, because, passing by a panting dog near a well and seeing that the dog was about to die of thirst, she took off her shoe, and tying it with her head-cover she drew out some water for it. So, Allah forgave her because of that." (Book #54, Hadith #538)

In the above Hadith a prostitute was forgiven by Allah because of kind heartedness she showed towards a living being.
There is also another narration where a very pious woman read 5 times salaah but used to backbite - the hadiths state she has been advised she will go hell (can't find the hadith sorry). I guess what am trying to say is your not safe. You can read 5 times a day but this is not enough to stand on.
What about the other areas which are so significant in Islam? Any inch or spot of imperfection can take you to hell.

For example;

The treatment of parents (highly stressed in islam), the QUALITY of your salaah, the keeping of fasts, Hajj, Character, back-biting, pride, jealousy, controlling one's emotions & desires, contribution to ummah, have you got a halaal income, the treatment of people, the way you do your business etc - the list goes on.
I don't think we can ever ASSUME and say yes we're in the clear. If our life was scrutinised by Allah swa (the prophet saw mentioned this) every single act, every single good act it may well not be PERFECT in ALLAH swa eyes and this is what counts. Not our opinions so we must worry and we must do extra deeds in case we fail in the obligatory and compulsory acts.

Rather than thinking i have a good chance to succeed - change your mind set and think i have no chance and i need to do more deeds to cover my imperfections.

Have fear & hope – have a balance in your way of thinking – hope my advice helps and wake up for your fajar it’s the most blessed time to pray!! Allah swa comes and descends to the sky and observes to see if any of his slaves are calling out to him. The night time is seen as an important opportunity to connect to Allah swa so utilise and make the most of it! Don’t let shaytaan deceive you in thinking anything else! Wake up and show to Allah swa you’re serious and committed to Islam. Anyone can utter the words I am a Muslim but practising Islam is a different matter altogether.

Wishing you the best.

The-Deist
02-05-2015, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Protected Soul
I don't know if you have heard of this story but it is a very widespread and important hadith. A prostitute (someone who is considered the worst of human beings) was granted jannah for providing water to a thirsty dog. Now imagine this, not a human but a dog - in Islam having a dog as a pet is not allowed - we can only have a dog for protection/safety. It is seen as an unclean animal and a pure black dog has also been associated with the shaytaan – One would assume a dog has no status but look at how Allah swa elevated the status of a dog to show us we do not know and even if we think we know – we still don’t know.

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "A prostitute was forgiven by Allah, because, passing by a panting dog near a well and seeing that the dog was about to die of thirst, she took off her shoe, and tying it with her head-cover she drew out some water for it. So, Allah forgave her because of that." (Book #54, Hadith #538)
Narrated Ibn 'Umar (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "A woman entered the
(Hell) Fire because of a cat which she had tied, neither giving it food nor
setting it free to eat from the vermin of the earth."

Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 535
Showing also that because of a oppresive/bad action an simple cat can get you to go to Jahannam
May Allah (swt) forgive all of our sins the ones we made intensionally unitensionally, the ones in ignorance the ones in arrogance the one in the public the ones in secret the past present and future. May he (swt) make us of the pious and the ones with good deeds of rightsiousness and may he make us of the steadfast and patient upon his deen and of the ones that our regular in our good ded and of the ones that stay away form the bad deeds. May he (swt) make us of the ones who control our desires and passions. May Allah (swt) saves all from Jahannam and any form of adhaab (punishment) and may he grant us Jannatul Firdaus
Ameen Thumma Ameen!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!