/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Growing a beard

The-Deist
02-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. Brothers and Sisters I hope all of you are well in shaa Allah.
I have a question. How do you accelerate the growth of a beard and when you actually grow it (and in the process of growing it) how do you keep it neat?
Any advice would be appreciated JazakaAllahu khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The-Deist
02-05-2015, 09:46 PM
And you can add anything else if you want (meaning any other tips) that might have been left out in the Questions :D

BeTheChange
02-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Walaikumasalaam

I was browsing the health section past threads and came across this thread for beards

Have a read in sha Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-a...-grooming.html

The-Deist
02-05-2015, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Protected Soul
Have a read in sha Allah

Beard Grooming
JazakaAllahu khair, also sister do you have anything to actually get the beard to grow?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdullahh
02-06-2015, 06:23 AM
Growing a beard takes patience. Use patience, get some beard oil or something similar and use it when it gets long enough, and always just keep it looking neat. Believe me, it's not rocket science. I have one, and I use common sense to maintain it.

The-Deist
02-06-2015, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by American Muslim
I have one,
MashaAllah TabarakaAllah

greenhill
02-06-2015, 03:22 PM
If you're asking about wanting a beard to grow by some potion or stuff, I don't think there is anything for it. It depends on the genes. Some have thick beards, some have thin beards. Some that covers all the jaw line and up the cheeks, some only on the chin. There are those who have only a few strands.

You get what you are given... or you don't get what you are not given^o)

I don't grow full beard. I keep it short by using electric trimmers. Decide on a suitable length and bzzzzzzzzz away.

:peace:

The-Deist
02-06-2015, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
You get what you are given... or you don't get what you are not given
Alhamdulillah

فصيح الياسين
02-06-2015, 08:38 PM
4 month it gonna take use beard oil . I daily use use it. ...

The-Deist
02-06-2015, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
beard oil .
What/which beard oil?

Patrick
02-07-2015, 12:43 AM
Different subject sort of. So I used to grow my hair it was very long. I was told that in Islam you can either a have long hair or beard. B. Short hair and beard. Or a mix of either of completely shaved or not. I've also heard certain people say you are not allowed to cut hair untill haj? Or if you have illness. Any clarification on these matters?

The-Deist
02-07-2015, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Patrick
So I used to grow my hair it was very long.
How long?

I was told that in Islam you can either a have long hair or beard. B. Short hair and beard. Or a mix of either of completely shaved or not. I've also heard certain people say you are not allowed to cut hair untill haj? Or if you have illness. Any clarification on these matters?
I would say you have to have a beard. The hair is your choice except something I remember reading that you have all sides equal. Meaning no mohawk or anything like it. You can cut/trim your hair anytime you want. But you have to cut it very short when going to Hajj.

And Allah knows best.

Patrick
02-07-2015, 01:51 PM
My hair was at my shoulders. I grew it for 2 years. I only cut it because the weather ended up too hot for it. I was allways used to having really short hair so it was difficult to manage. I keep it shaved now. Thanks for the info. As for the beard I really don't grow one.

The-Deist
02-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the info.
Your welcome :D

I was allways used to having really short hair so it was difficult to manage.
What do you mean difficult to manage

Patrick
02-07-2015, 02:12 PM
When you are used to having a shaved head the majority of your life. Not shaved like completely bald but I had it faded short but allways very short. I tried growing my hair twice once at 26 and again at 28. Both times when you wait that long and your used to very very short hair your whole life you find it to be uncomfortable. Hard to wash and especially in heat. If I would have had somewhat long hair maybe at 12 or just younger somehow I might have been more used to the process that comes with it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!