/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A problem.

The-Deist
02-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.
I hope all of you are good in shaa Allah

I just read and article and im just like:raging: what have we done to ourselves as a country and as Muslims :raging:

http://magharebia.com/en_GB/articles...9/reportage-02 That's the article also read the comments of the people...

We should make marriage so cheap so zina can become expensive why have we done the exact opposite ( I think there is a hadith saying that)

It says the more the marriage costs the more generous you are in this case it would be said generous to shaytan because if it costs that much then it's like saying "face the fitanah bring us something of the dunya then you can care about The Aakhirah" Any advice/comments would be appreciated

I feel that I will not get married in this country im dissapointed

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The-Deist
02-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Another link with advises https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE6N1im1jxE

greenhill
02-09-2015, 12:39 PM
It is going that way, isn't it?

Keeping up with the Jones'. That is being wasteful and definitely won't be blessed by Allah. Many are guilty of this, my wedding was no small affair, and no doubt my children's won't be either....

How do we reverse this?

:peace:

The-Deist
02-09-2015, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Keeping up with the Jones'.
What's keeping up with the Jones'?

How do we reverse this?
What do you want to reverse?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The-Deist
02-09-2015, 01:00 PM
And BTW i got to be realistic with myself if I ever even get married I would not even want a wedding
^o)^o)^o)

The-Deist
02-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Just read this in an article

Algerian people believe that the more money you spend on a wedding the more the family will be proud and lucky. Our weddings are all about joy, emotion and a feeling of pride.
Sarah, Algeria

Well those believes are stupid you shouldn't feel proud... Ther is no such thing as literal luck it's more like blessings from Allah

And Allah knows best

ardianto
02-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

How many times you have failed to get married because you couldn't afford to pay the wedding cost?

The-Deist
02-09-2015, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
How many times you have failed to get married because you couldn't afford to pay the wedding cost?
I have never tried to marry but I am pissed (if you read the previous posts) that we have made Marriage so expensive that zina becomes cheap it should be the opposite

The-Deist
02-09-2015, 01:51 PM
To be honest i have never been to a wedding but i have seen alot of mixing with both genders here in Algeria some might even brag about it imsad

And Allah knows best

greenhill
02-09-2015, 02:02 PM
The article said about "keeping up with the Jones", meaning that people tend to compete with one another and do not want to appear to can't afford what others have.

How do we reverse that? To let those who want to burden themselves do so without us having to follow them down the same route...

:peace:

The-Deist
02-09-2015, 02:10 PM
How do we reverse that? To let those who want to burden themselves do so without us having to follow them down the same route...
tell them Islam is about modesty and we should only compete in good deeds :D:statisfie And we must be humble and not compete with each other in terms of the dunya

ardianto
02-09-2015, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
I have never tried to marry but I am pissed (if you read the previous posts) that we have made Marriage so expensive that zina becomes cheap it should be the opposite
But you already gave up to get married in Algeria?.

Then, where you want to perform wedding?. Indonesia?. The cost is even bigger, bro!.

The-Deist
02-09-2015, 02:51 PM
And BTW i got to be realistic with myself if I ever even get married I would not even want a wedding
But you already gave up to get married in Algeria?.

Then, where you want to perform wedding?. Indonesia?. The cost is even bigger, bro!.
as you see in the quote above and i don't know where I am going to get married because I am not ven goign to marry yet as you see I made this thread concening the afct that we should not make zinah cheap and nikah expensive because that will bring fitnah

And as in myself I don't have any plans of getting married yet ;D ;D ;D :giggling::giggling::giggling:

The-Deist
02-09-2015, 02:55 PM
What is marriage/wedding like there in Indonesia???

ardianto
02-09-2015, 03:44 PM
What is marriage/wedding like there in Indonesia???
Marriage process in Indonesia actually is simple.

First is "lamaran" (proposal) which the groom and his family come to the bride family to propose marriage officially. Then the groom family give gifts (not mahr) to the bride.

Second is "nikah" (nikah). This is the Islamic process of getting married.

The last is wedding party.

But Indonesian people are indeed, extravagant in wedding party. They consider the simple and low cost wedding as something that can lower their prestige. They also always invite many guests.

The-Deist
02-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Is there any culture where you don't have to have a wedding?

ardianto
02-09-2015, 04:23 PM
There is no culture or society that has no wedding tradition. Even remote tribes have wedding tradition too.

Of course, you still can choose to get married without wedding party. But, I don't think your bride, her family, and your family will approve it.

The-Deist
02-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Of course, you still can choose to get married without wedding party. But, I don't think your bride, her family, and your family will approve it.
Mission Impossibmle (Allahu Alam) started find a brid and a family that don't nedd a wedding party.

And it would be more simple to get married back in the days...

And Allah knows best

Edit: thats in The future I am not ready to get married right now and as you might already now I didn't crate this thread for myself for other people :D

Abdullahh
02-10-2015, 01:37 AM
No. If you don't want a wedding, don't get married.

The-Deist
02-10-2015, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by American Muslim
No. If you don't want a wedding, don't get married.
nope as brother Ardianto said you don't have to have a wedding

MuslimInshallah
02-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) A wedding party is sunnah (http://en.islamtoday.net/node/1252),which should be a good enough reason for a Muslim to desire one...

You know, a wedding party is not just about pretty clothes and food-filled fun. It has some important social functions. It is about announcing to the community that a male is taking on the responsibilities of a man (frankly, sex doesn't distinguish a boy from a man; it's the taking on of responsibilities, particularly family responsibilities, that signals this transition). It also signals to the community that the relationship between a man and a woman is halal, and ensures that the children will be recognized as legitimate and due rights from the father.

Furthermore, any man who cares about his future wife will want to be recognized as her husband. He will be proud of the fact that this woman has accepted to marry him, and he will want both his and her status well known. He will feel a desire to have a nice party to honour his bride and her family. If he is a contributing member of society, he will also want to provide a nice time (to the best of his ability) to his community members, out of love and respect for them.

If any man is reluctant to have a marriage party, a woman should beware and not marry him; it is very unlikely that he will shoulder his responsibilities and look after her and her children.

That said, it is true that people can be ridiculously boastful and spend stunning amounts on weddings; this, in my opinion, is not part of the Middle Path that is Islam.

As for the idea of making weddings cheap so as to make zina less attractive... this is a race to the bottom. What in fact you are arguing, is that we should debase marriage to make extra-marital relations less likely. But you see, if we debase marriage, then we make zina more likely, not less. After all, if there is nothing special about marriage, why bother? As too many people in my home province say: well hey, it's just a formality, right? Just a piece of paper... And so zina is much more prevalent.

Wedding ceremonies occur in every culture around the world. There is a deep and ancient wisdom to them. It is only in our modern corporate-industrial world that this ancient wisdom is being challenged. And it is only in modern “pop” Islam that I see this argument towards turning the mehr into a purely symbolic amount, and trying to eliminate the traditional decencies of the wedding party.

Islam is about moderation, not extremes. Ridiculously lavish weddings are one extreme. But the elimination (or quasi-elimination) of weddings is another.

May Allah, the One Who is Free from all Wants, Enrich us sufficiently to marry, but Restrain us from excesses.

The-Deist
02-10-2015, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
If any man is reluctant to have a marriage party, a woman should beware and not marry him;
You have to be beware of me ;D any sources(The Book, is the hadith daeef or hasan sahih or something else??

As for the idea of making weddings cheap so as to make zina less attractive
No the whole process of marrying cheaper and esier and more simple. :D

The-Deist
02-10-2015, 08:13 PM
this is a race to the bottom. What in fact you are arguing, is that we should debase marriage to make extra-marital relations less likely. But you see, if we debase marriage, then we make zina more likely, not less. After all, if there is nothing special about marriage, why bother? As too many people in my home province say: well hey, it's just a formality, right? Just a piece of paper... And so zina is much more prevalent.
Didn't understand this par could you explain sister?

ardianto
02-10-2015, 09:27 PM
nope as brother Ardianto said you don't have to have a wedding
You misunderstand what I mean. You don't get married alone, bro!. You can choose to not have wedding. But how about your bride?. I am not sure she will approve it.

For a woman, wedding is the most beautiful day in her life. Every woman want to have this day. This is what you must understand.

You have to be beware of me any sources(The Book, is the hadith daeef or hasan sahih or something else??
Sis MuslimInshallah statement is based on reality. If a man dos not want to have wedding party, it's mean he is a man who is not willing to understand his life-partner feeling. This is not the right man to be married by a woman.

The-Deist
02-10-2015, 09:43 PM
For a woman, wedding is the most beautiful day in her life. Every woman want to have this day. This is what you must understand.
Any experiences/insights?

I don't know why but day by day I feel like my life is becoming worse...

Can someone close the thread I feel that it's just becoming an arrgument.

BeTheChange
02-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Brother Strivingfordeen am sorry you feel as though your life is getting worse with each day.

I think you should count your blessings and look at what you have rather than looking at what you don't.

Life is what we make of it - our perspectives and the way we deal with problems ultimately shapes our future. Either we can feel sorry for ourselves and feel pity and go in a downwards spiral or we can take control of our lives and change it for the positive in sha Allah.

Whatever problem your faced with in Islam there is always always a cure and guidance on how to deal with the issue. Because we fail to look within our own religion for answers this is why sometimes we feel as though life is getting worse. If you see this life as a test in sha Allah, you will think i am suffering because of one of the following

a) my sins - Allah swa is cleaning my soul for jannah
b) When your always in a happy state of mind you sometimes forget to show gratitude to Allah swa and maybe perhaps fail on your compulsory duties
c) Allah swa is strengthening my character and mind for something greater
d) Knowledge is with Allah swa

etc

Look at Allah swa and concentrate on improving your relationship with Allah swa and am confident your troubles will feel very light.

Muhaba
02-10-2015, 10:33 PM
I agree that weddings should be simplified. But there needs to be a wedding, just as sis MuslimInshallah explained. It signifies the start of an important stage in life. It's no small occasion. But it doesn't need to be extravagant.
If you're worried about wedding costs and unnecessary luxuries, then it might be a good idea to let all potentials know that you plan on having a simple wedding. This will weed out those who are luxurious and unislamic.

May Allah make it easy for you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!