/* */

PDA

View Full Version : revert sisters in UK - bham/west mids/dudley

revertgirl
02-11-2015, 10:30 PM
As Salamu Alaykum.

I was wondering if there are any revert sisters who live nearby. I would like to talk to someone about educational classes for reverts in my area and just someone who is going through or has gone through the same things.

Look forward to hearing from you.

JazakAllah Khair
X

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
02-11-2015, 10:39 PM
Walaikumasalaam

Welcome to Islam Alhamdulilah am very happy for you – in sha Allah, Allah swa will make your journey easy. Also, welcome to the forum am sure you will have a very interesting stay here in sha Allah and the knowledge on this forum benefits you in a positive good way Ameen.

To start off with i can share this website with you where you can download e-books, read articles or listen to videos – whichever is easy for you in sha Allah http://www.kalamullah.com/new-muslims.html

Birmingham has a HUGE population of Muslims Alhamdulilah and am sure there’s many revert Muslims as well. I don’t have any contacts in Birmingham anymore but in sha Allah if you visit a local masjid there will point you to the correct support groups that they have?

Many Masjids offer different classes so just visit several to see what’s out there – in sha Allah this will bring you closer to Islam.

I wish you all the best!

If you have any questions that we can assist you with please feel free to ask – we’ll be more than happy to help in sha Allah.

revertgirl
02-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Thank you very much for the information.
Where I live is around 20 mins drive away from Birmingham and have been told that the local mosques here unfortunately do not have any facility for women.

I will insha Allah go to some of the masjids in birmimgham.

Aisha
02-12-2015, 01:27 AM
Wa alaykum Assalam and welcome to the forum : )

Alhamdulillah we have a few classes for revert sisters in Birmingham, I can recommend As-Suffa Institute. They have part time Islamic Studies courses, Tajweed classes and a class for revert sisters.
There's more info on the link.

I hope that helps inshaAllah : )

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslim1989
07-17-2015, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by revertgirl
As Salamu Alaykum.

I was wondering if there are any revert sisters who live nearby. I would like to talk to someone about educational classes for reverts in my area and just someone who is going through or has gone through the same things.

Look forward to hearing from you.

JazakAllah Khair
X
Hi,

I am a muslim revert living in birmingham. I would also like to meet other reverts in my area...it seems like i am all alone in this religion! Send me a pm if interested :)

Zakariyya01
08-22-2015, 05:51 AM
I'm a brother but I am from Birmingham. I would just like to congratulate you sisters. As a resource I would personally recommend Green Lane Masjid near Coventry Road.

Lady A
08-22-2015, 07:34 AM
:wa:

Congratulations on your conversion! May Allah ease your journey, Ameen.

And secondly, welcome to the forum! I hope you're able to find resources and friendship with members here throughout your journey!

You mentioned you're looking for some classes for new reverts, I found something online last night, an online course for new reverts. It's completely free of charge and you can read, watch and listen to the documents, videos and audios posted in the comfort of your pajamas! I know you're looking to link up with others in your area, but please let me know if you're interested! :sunny:

Abz2000
08-22-2015, 07:38 AM
assalamu'alaikum sister,
there is a very well established mosque that i used to study at in birmingham as a child, it had lots of dawah centers around it too, it's between small heath park and muntz street, 521-527 coventry road b10 0LL.
i would assume they have facilities women, since they had a girls school at the time i was there.

maybe google it, give it a call?
peace,
your brother Abz

Lady A
08-22-2015, 07:41 AM
I didn't pay attention, but this thread is from February! Not sure if OP is still around...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!