PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for this site.



Patrick
02-13-2015, 01:50 PM
I would like to thank everyone here for my time thus far. I enjoy the company of you guys. And this place is a lot more interesting to me than things like facebook. I feel like you can avoid many of the things that are unwanted by me when I'm on there. It shows me no matter where people who believe reside even if it's on the Internet they will be kind and intriguing.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-13-2015, 01:56 PM
That is good to know. . .

Wishing you a 'greater stay' then.


:peace:
Reply

Patrick
02-13-2015, 01:57 PM
I would also add I believe the same I allways have. The more places in this world you can find those who are for what Allah intended for us the better those places in the world will become. I see things like facebook and it's about connecting right? It sure looks like it can not connect the proper way things should be connected. See if it was more like a place like this you'd see the true way people were meant to connect. And that is not in whatever manner they decide. But in the manner we were told to obey. All things introduced to this connection become better things. And if you look how things that stray from this connection end up. We'll it doest usually end up to well.
Reply

ardianto
02-13-2015, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Patrick
And this place is a lot more interesting to me than things like facebook.
Question from few people.

"Ardianto, what is your facebook account?"
"I have no facebook account".
"Don't you use internet?"
"I use internet, and I also active in internet forum"
"Forum? what is forum?"

:hmm:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Patrick
02-13-2015, 02:53 PM
To greenhill. Yes to me this is like a place I can go to get out of the world people believe is. And come to a place where I am happy to understand the type of intellectual discussions that are absent from the world. I havnt been to a mosque in a while. But you guys make me remember why being part of a group who have the same non egotistical love for Allah will allways make you feel at home.
Reply

ardianto
02-13-2015, 03:09 PM
I have been a member since late of 2008 and i have written more than 6,000 posts. Yes, I feel at home in this forum and I love its intellectual discussions.

:)
Reply

greenhill
02-13-2015, 03:17 PM
What makes it intriguing is that you have put 'other' in your belief. A little more clue given, lost faith? I'm not much good at guessing games and even worse with memory games.

It seems like you know, but why or more precisely, what is stopping you?

:statisfie


:peace:
Reply

Patrick
02-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Wow 6000! I'm just trying to get enough to get into the brothers section. I want to see what going on there.:shade:
Reply

Patrick
02-13-2015, 04:02 PM
Well the story is a little deep. I was given my first Koran by my friend in high schools mother. That was let's say 15 years ago. I was allways around the Muslim family life due to friends whether palistinian or Indian but I was raised Catholic. My grandparents were deep into there church and had high positions there. For me it was allways a conflict. I've studied Islam Christianity Buddhism even rastafari. I love islam for the fact of the lessons I have learned and the time I've lived trying to live by the code of jihad for him. Not physically but you know the meaning. I only put other because I don't want to disrespect Allah and say I'm 100 percent muslim when I havnt been to the mosque in almost 5 years and the last time 3 years ago I tried fasting I failed and I do not pray 5 times a day. There for I do not feel knowing these things that passing myself off as a true muslim would be pleasing to Allah when he knows these things about me. Am I a Muslim as far as what I want out of this life and that I want to live for Allah I believe so but I don't feel it correct to say something I can not be sure would be ok with Allah. So I must earn that right with him. That's why the other is there. I will allways help a Muslim brother and sister in need in whatever they feel Allah wills for them. Especially in these times when I feel so much attack on people I know are right. So no matter what they know I'll fight for them if they know me as for my faith it is islam but my practices do not reflect it enough for me to claim it to everyone right now.
Reply

sister herb
02-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Salam alaykum

Nice if you like your stay in here. :statisfie I wish you many interesting discussions with brothers and sisters in this forum.
Reply

The-Deist
02-13-2015, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Patrick
Well the story is a little deep. I was given my first Koran by my friend in high schools mother. That was let's say 15 years ago. I was allways around the Muslim family life due to friends whether palistinian or Indian but I was raised Catholic. My grandparents were deep into there church and had high positions there. For me it was allways a conflict. I've studied Islam Christianity Buddhism even rastafari. I love islam for the fact of the lessons I have learned and the time I've lived trying to live by the code of jihad for him. Not physically but you know the meaning. I only put other because I don't want to disrespect Allah and say I'm 100 percent muslim when I havnt been to the mosque in almost 5 years and the last time 3 years ago I tried fasting I failed and I do not pray 5 times a day. There for I do not feel knowing these things that passing myself off as a true muslim would be pleasing to Allah when he knows these things about me. Am I a Muslim as far as what I want out of this life and that I want to live for Allah I believe so but I don't feel it correct to say something I can not be sure would be ok with Allah. So I must earn that right with him. That's why the other is there. I will allways help a Muslim brother and sister in need in whatever they feel Allah wills for them. Especially in these times when I feel so much attack on people I know are right. So no matter what they know I'll fight for them if they know me as for my faith it is islam but my practices do not reflect it enough for me to claim it to everyone right now.
So you're a muslim?
Reply

Patrick
02-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Basically yes. That's what I was getting to. It's just with me I'd share ideas but it's confusing to me. I know there's 100 percent muslims with the beards and robe. So I don't know how to categorize exactly what I am. If I'm not in the mosque or practicing prayer like I said it's hard for me to say that I am on my Deen enough to claim muslim as far do I believe in the book and muhammad was the last messenger of coarse. What other prophets came after him? It's pretty obvious with that one. But I have a hard time saying I'm muslim so I say other because I don't want to disrespect allah.
Reply

Scimitar
02-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Patrick
Well the story is a little deep. I was given my first Koran by my friend in high schools mother. That was let's say 15 years ago. I was allways around the Muslim family life due to friends whether palistinian or Indian but I was raised Catholic. My grandparents were deep into there church and had high positions there. For me it was allways a conflict. I've studied Islam Christianity Buddhism even rastafari. I love islam for the fact of the lessons I have learned and the time I've lived trying to live by the code of jihad for him. Not physically but you know the meaning.
Yes, we do :) the struggles we face in day to day life are tests which help us to define our character. They build or break character dependant on whether we are passing or failing the tests. It's an up n down process, and that's the beauty of it, we reach grreat heights, but are often humbled on the way up - thus we remain grateful to Allah alone for HIS mercy upon us.

Originally Posted by Patrick
I only put other because I don't want to disrespect Allah and say I'm 100 percent muslim when I havnt been to the mosque in almost 5 years and the last time 3 years ago I tried fasting I failed and I do not pray 5 times a day. There for I do not feel knowing these things that passing myself off as a true muslim would be pleasing to Allah when he knows these things about me. Am I a Muslim as far as what I want out of this life and that I want to live for Allah I believe so but I don't feel it correct to say something I can not be sure would be ok with Allah. So I must earn that right with him. That's why the other is there. I will allways help a Muslim brother and sister in need in whatever they feel Allah wills for them. Especially in these times when I feel so much attack on people I know are right. So no matter what they know I'll fight for them if they know me as for my faith it is islam but my practices do not reflect it enough for me to claim it to everyone right now.
Brother Patrick, I have great GREAT GREAT news for you.

This hadeeth is from Sahih Muslim collection:

Aa’isha (Radiallaho anha) narrates that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) once said, "One who is well versed in the Qur'an will be in the company of those angels who are scribes, noble and righteous; and one who falters in reading the Qur'an, and has to exert hard for learning, gets double the reward." (Muslim)

So every effort you make, is doubly rewarded because 1) you're not an Arab so even just learning the basics of the alphabet would herald a victory for you. You don't know how blessed a position you really are in.

2) you're efforts are even harder for you because you have to "exert hard"

3) you falter, yet, you strive after the faltering to get up and walk towards the deen, even if you are at the half way house (this forum) - that struggle is rewarded like you wouldn't believe. A path is still a path, and an invitation is still an invitation :)

And there are more reasons, but these are plenty for you to reconsider the way you view your relationship with God.

Don't delay brother, you have our support every step of the way - and further more - the ultimate support of Allah guiding your soul.

Just let us know what we can do for you, how you would like to be helped in learning - what challenges you are facing, anticipate facing etc. We'll do what we can to alleviate some of those concerns in sha Allah

Scimi
Reply

BeTheChange
02-13-2015, 08:59 PM
I second, third, fourth this comment - Alhamdulilah i feel very relaxed here and am always eager to log back in - i feel by visiting the forum it helps me in life because we have been told to refresh & re-check our emaan on a daily basis - not only does this forum help me do this but being around practising Muslims helps me want to practise Islam more & more.

So jazahka Allah to the admin, the mods, the regular members for allowing me to benefit from this forum. May Allah swa help you in this life and more importantly, in the next Ameen.

P.S - Patrick brother (humble request) when you post please can you use paragraphs as it's hard for me to read :embarrass

Jazahka Allah
Reply

Patrick
02-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Thank you both for the words. Schmitar that is very good for me to hear. And protected I'm sorry I've allways struggled with proper paragraph and structure. I've written in a different form of writing so long that I don't use the same structure as correct english.

It's funny that I'm American and all of you are of better structure at English than I am.
Reply

BeTheChange
02-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Patrick
Thank you both for the words. Schmitar that is very good for me to hear. And protected I'm sorry I've allways struggled with proper paragraph and structure. I've written in a different form of writing so long that I don't use the same structure as correct english.

It's funny that I'm American and all of you are of better structure at English than I am.
Please don't apologise - that's perfect. :statisfie

Just try and press the enter tab if your going to write a bit so it's easier for us to read. Jazahka Allah very much!

May Allah swa guide you in the path that pleases Him alone Ameen.
Reply

Patrick
02-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Thank you.
My style of written word for 16 years was this

I would say something/
Then I would say the next point/
Then I would say something/
Then I would say the next point/

This would continue on for 16 phrases or possibly longer if needed be.
When you write 16 years like that it is very hard to adjust.
Reply

Zafran
02-14-2015, 03:30 AM
salaam

Glad you enjoy it, hope your stay gets better.

peace.
Reply

Patrick
02-14-2015, 04:05 AM
Thank you. Zafran.
Reply

Abdullahh
02-14-2015, 04:31 AM
Nice thread. I'd also like to thank the creators of the forum for creating it and maintaining it all by themselves (most forums ask for donations). :)
Reply

Patrick
02-14-2015, 04:49 AM
I'd also like to thank the creator of the creator's of this form while we're at it. All praise due.:D
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!