/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day

strivingobserver98
02-14-2015, 02:51 PM
:sl:

Someone forwarded me this poem :)

PONDER THIS:

Roses are red violets are blue, valentines day is what the kuffaar do. Shaytaan is the third present between the secluded two. So remember O Muslim, it is Haraam for you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
02-14-2015, 02:54 PM
:wa:

Anniversary Day , Valentine's Day , New Year Day , Birthday , Rainy day

Have we ever thought about the MOST Important Day ?

THE JUDGMENT DAY ?

?ui2&ampikb89b4525a7&ampviewfimg&ampth14b874112bffd585&ampattid01&ampdispinline&ampsafe1&ampattbidANGjdJ8eww7ZIQq4WldX9 PqX6fp0ApsAT0jUvpmp2j67sWxlulecB aV0BccaY1CGxYcF9uN9Nu TLZn9d5kuNhSrKLOROJLnv4F1HNz4MqPpieII9wkFmHNwAjQVs&ampats1423925544407&amprm14b874112bffd585&ampzw&ampszw1338 h534 -

Muhaba
02-14-2015, 07:30 PM
That is so true. In fact, just as someone said, "every day is mother's day," likewise married couples should show love and affection every day and occasionally take the time out to do something special to enhance their love for each other and keep it from dying. Having one day in a year for romance is stupid and in fact encourages more haram activities than halal.

strivingobserver98
02-15-2017, 02:28 AM
:bump:

PS: If you are married, valentines day is everyday in Islam

:D. So lucky you.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “We do not think that there is anything better for those who love one another than marriage.” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1847)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas (Radiallahuanhu) Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “You have seen nothing like marriage for increasing the love of two people.’ (Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 921)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
02-15-2017, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jewel
:bump:

PS: If you are married, valentines day is everyday in Islam

:D. So lucky you.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “We do not think that there is anything better for those who love one another than marriage.” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1847)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas (Radiallahuanhu) Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “You have seen nothing like marriage for increasing the love of two people.’ (Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 921)
I don't know about other places. But in my place married people do not celebrate Valentine's Day. Only unmarried youth who celebrate it.

YahyaAE
02-15-2017, 05:57 AM
Its apparently a pagan practice and so totally haram.

However I may think differently about it next year if I am no longer single ;D

sister herb
02-15-2017, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I don't know about other places. But in my place married people do not celebrate Valentine's Day. Only unmarried youth who celebrate it.
I supposed it meant that married couples can show love and friendship to each others every day and that´s their "valentine´s day". As like we should spend "mother´s day" every day and show our love and respect to our mother every day, not only at one special day of the year.

Sadat110
02-15-2017, 09:32 AM
:sl:

this day in Islam Have problem and telling congratulation to each other too.
Because It's western's culture and show not good story , and It's not good pattern for a muslim.

The best days for love Can Be:

1.Marriage 's jubilee of Prophet Muhammad SAWA and Hazrat Khadija S.a
2.Marriage 's jubilee of Imam Ali a.s and Hazrat Fatima S.a

:jz:

ardianto
02-15-2017, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I supposed it meant that married couples can show love and friendship to each others every day and that´s their "valentine´s day". As like we should spend "mother´s day" every day and show our love and respect to our mother every day, not only at one special day of the year.
Not because that, actually.

History of Valentine's Day in Indonesia began in mid of 80's (the time when I was teenager) when the teens tried to start a new trend in pop culture. And they took Valentine's Day which knew from magazine as the new trend. In this trend they send love letter and buy chocolate for people who they like. Later the industry world began to see this trend as marketing opportunity. They sell many stuffs with label Valentine's Day and targeting the youths. Until now Valentine's Day in Indonesia is known as the youth's trend. That's why married people who are older do not celebrate it, except very few who still regard themselves as youths.

About Mother's Day. Mother's Day in Indonesia is different. Different in date, different in meaning and background. Unlike Mother's Day in the West, Mother's Day in Indonesia is anniversary of The Women Congress that held by the mothers in early time of independence. Indonesian people do not celebrate Mother's Day like in the West because the youths are not interested to take it as trend.

Al Sultan
02-15-2017, 05:14 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters.

I can't believe that, people are celebrating this, I mean, you suddenly bring gifts and remember your wife in one specific day? that's really stupid.. why not everyday? why only today? it's such a joke to be honest with you.

Born_Believer
02-15-2017, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan
:sl: brothers and sisters.

I can't believe that, people are celebrating this, I mean, you suddenly bring gifts and remember your wife in one specific day? that's really stupid.. why not everyday? why only today? it's such a joke to be honest with you.
To be fair, most people would remember their loved ones beyond Valentine's day or mother's day etc but the problem with Valentines day is that it is a celebration of a Christian saint, who used to officiate the weddings of lovers in Constantinople and these lovers at at ime when marriage had been banned (the emperor gelt married men made bad soldiers).

Eventually this saint was killed by the Romans, on the same day as one of their pagan festivals which would fall on aorund Feb 14th.

So this theological and historical reason is why Valentines day is haram for us.

Ineed Umar
02-16-2017, 08:49 PM
Wow you guys have such different views on Valentine's unlike in Pakistan, in Pakistan Vale tones day is banned cus it was not cultural and loving each other is bad and there should be a 'Haya Day'

Nothing about what I read above, great opinions

Born_Believer
02-16-2017, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ineed Umar
Wow you guys have such different views on Valentine's unlike in Pakistan, in Pakistan Vale tones day is banned cus it was not cultural and loving each other is bad and there should be a 'Haya Day'

Nothing about what I read above, great opinions
My parents are Pakistania, I assure you they love each other.

Plus, it's not banned in Pakistan but most people do't celebrate it because it's not a part of Pkaistani culture and it's a pagan/Christian celebration that is not compatible with Islam.

Scimitar
02-16-2017, 09:33 PM
In mumbai, everyday car becom dirty, so every is

valet time.

Scimi

Al Sultan
02-27-2017, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Born_Believer
most people would remember their loved ones beyond Valentine's day or mother's day etc but the problem with Valentines day is that it is a celebration of a Christian saint, who used to officiate the weddings of lovers in Constantinople and these lovers at at ime when marriage had been banned (the emperor gelt married men made bad soldiers).

Eventually this saint was killed by the Romans, on the same day as one of their pagan festivals which would fall on aorund Feb 14th.

So this theological and historical reason is why Valentines day is haram for us.
Assalamo alikum brother.

Isn't there a marriage anniversary? shouldn't it be that day we give our wives gifts and so on?..

Ahh, I see, another pagan festival...

Al Sultan
02-27-2017, 08:26 PM
:giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling: It's not hard to clean it though haha

"Al nathafa min a eeman" :shade:

Born_Believer
03-11-2017, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan
Assalamo alikum brother.

Isn't there a marriage anniversary? shouldn't it be that day we give our wives gifts and so on?..

Ahh, I see, another pagan festival...
A marriage anniversary? What are you talking about?

Al Sultan
05-28-2017, 02:44 AM
Assalamo alikum brother Born_Believer.

Sorry brother, I mistyped it, I meant "wedding anniversary"
A wedding anniversary, is basically the anniversary of the date that a marriage took place.

Wa assalamo alikum wa rahmitullahi wa barakato.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!