/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want to learn

The Accuser
02-14-2015, 10:12 PM
I am not Muslim, or anything for that matter. I'm waiting and watching and thinking, and perhaps one day I will choose a direction. Regardless, I have a fascination with religion. I make it my goal to learn everything, from wicked cults, to obscure religious ethnic groups, and up to the big names. I recently realized I know almost nothing about Islam. I suppose I don't really live in the best place to learn about Islam. The nearest mosque is about 30 miles away and I swear some people here don't know the difference between Allah and à la carte. So, in order to correct my ignorance, I come here.

I will warn you, I have a tendency to play devil's advocate. Not out of malice, I'm just curious, but sometimes I come off as criticizing. I sincerely have no desire to criticize Islam or offend anybody, but I won't shy from asking questions if I believe they are worth asking. This trait is actually how I chose my username. It's from the story of Job. It's a translation of the name of a character. Ha-saytan. Hence a good name for the devil's advocate.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
02-14-2015, 11:15 PM
Peace with you

Welcome to forum. I hope you will learn something important from here. No problems if you are critical as far than you remember to respect others and their ways to think.

Abdullahh
02-14-2015, 11:26 PM
:sl: Welcome aboard. You will learn a lot here.

MuslimInshallah
02-15-2015, 02:13 AM
Greetings Accuser,

(smile) Welome to this Forum. It's good that you are seeking, I believe, but remember we are just human beings, and what we say could be flawed or misleading. This Forum is also moderated, so that there are limits in what we can discuss and say. However, within these frames, I think that you can find some interesting discussions if you browse through the old threads. But really, the best starting point to learn about Islam is by reading the Qur'an. (smile) Personally, I would recommend Yahiya Emerick's extended study version translation. It has copious and fascinating notes. You can get it on Amazon, if you are interested.

I understand playing devil's advocate. It can be a useful way to discover something, if done respectfully with decent intentions, I believe. (smile) But just talking with people on this Forum in a friendly way can also be a learning experience. We also play games sometimes. (smile) It's community building. If you want to join in, please don't be shy.

Anyway, God Bless you for your questing mind. May He Guide you to the best in this life and the Next.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
02-15-2015, 03:43 AM
Welcome to the forum.

From your intro I would have thought the 'enquirer' would've been a better name, lol :D

Wishing you a great stay. May you learn more about Islam and its true message... going through old threads is a good point to start.

:peace:

Muslim Woman
02-16-2015, 05:43 AM
Hello

Welcome here . Pl. browse the forum and ask in related threads or start new thread in general / misc. section.

Patrick
02-16-2015, 05:19 PM
Well welcome aboard. It is never a bad thing to learn information that will not harm you. You are welcome to be as you like as you are to believe as you like. Just understand it is harder to sway someone's belief than your own while trying to do so. What I mean is when someone challenges a believer they ussualy find themselves challenging themselves harder than those they seek to challenge. It's like the shaitan himself (devil) I am sure his intentions are to hurt believers but how much he must hurt himself to do so. Feel free to browse learn and have fun I am glad you choose to be open minded when it comes to knowledge as you will find many in here know a lot that is valuable. Thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!