/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to become masculine?

The-Deist
02-16-2015, 03:47 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

I hope all of you are well in shaa Allah :D

How can a person become masculine and what are the traits and signs of someone masculinity.

JazakaAllahu khair, any answers appreciated :D

If you want to add any more advice/extra points do so in shaa Allah

Edit: This is about character you can add physical if you want.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
فصيح الياسين
02-16-2015, 04:41 PM
????? I not get how to be masculine. Even u are masculine

The-Deist
02-16-2015, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
Even u are masculine
Not sure about that.
format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
I not get how to be masculine.
Maybe being serious and not being childish? Bringing justice?

BeTheChange
02-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Walaikumasalaam

Masculine in character? or masculine as in body wise?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The-Deist
02-16-2015, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Protected Soul
Masculine in character? or masculine as in body wise?
Both :D Anwers would be appreciated I thin though that I am more interested in character but you can always tell the body too in shaa Allah :D .

BeTheChange
02-16-2015, 06:25 PM
If you visit your local gym you can ask the gym instructor which exercise is the best - you have to do a lot of weight training - start with the low weights and then build it up - After your body gets used to the training you should also change the training and weights. Usually what the brothers do at work is eat loads of protein, loads of weight training, less cardio and they have supplement drinks or protein based drinks.

I don’t think it’s healthy tbh & it also depends on whether you’re looking for a short-term look or long term. If it’s long term I would definitely not recommend protein shakes or supplement drinks – I think if you want a masculine body you have to be committed in maintaining this look for the rest of your life i.e. visiting the gym for the rest of your life, unless you can do the training in your daily activities or home.

If you type how to get muscles on youtube - you'll find a few videos for beginners..

In terms of character - i have no idea what you view as masculine - some people would identify masculinity with raising a family, some would identify masculinity as voicing an opinion against the majority, some would define masculinity as belonging to a 'gang' etc.

I think it depends on the situation and what it is your trying to achieve. I don't think you should worry too much about your image as long as you look after your body - eat the right food & stay active.

If you’re looking for an Islamic role model I would advise you to look at the life of Umar Ibn Al-Khattab who was very strong, courageous and had no fear. Am sure I read a hadith (Allah swa knows best) that even the shaytaan crossed the road for Umar PBUH due to the status that Umar PBUH had.

Have a look at this link to read more http://www.kalamullah.com/umar-ibn-alkhattab.html

Jazahka Allah

naba
02-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Walecum As Salaam,the characteristic of masculinity is to control your anger, because people who are most violent actually are neither male or female, they want to project themselves as strong, they want to seek attention, they want you to believe that they are powerful but aactually they are tiny even then an atom,so when you control anger people initially recognise u as timid but after some time they will respect you,in movie rocky 6, there is a dialouge-take the hit and move forward,that's how winning is done.Allah in ch 41 v 34 of Quran says no doubt bad deed can't equal good deed, always repel bad deedwith good deed and then you will see your enemy had become your best friend.

BeTheChange
02-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Also following from your comments brother, there is a powerful quote that i read at work;

Shouting is a weak man's (woman's) imitation of strength
:thumbs_up

The-Deist
02-16-2015, 08:37 PM
May Allah (swt) reward all of you immensely brothers and sisters and give all of us Jannatul Firdaus
Aameen

Abdullahh
02-20-2015, 04:00 AM
The brutal truth is that you cannot teach someone (most times) how to be masculine. It's a trait that some men possess while others don't. I've never met a feminine Muslim man, so maybe you just assume you aren't masculine, yet you really are? And if you're talking about being big and strong then you'll need to eat healthy (your diet is 70% of it) and 30% is working out. Good luck to you. :peace:

introspective
02-20-2015, 04:26 AM
:wa:

Facial hair, rock climbing, sky diving, or dune buggying.

These generalizations come to mind when I associate "masculinity".

How do you envision/picture "masculinity"?

greenhill
02-20-2015, 07:09 AM
To be at peace with himself. By this he is fairly knowledgeable hence can be firm in his decision. His decision must be fair. Must therefore have the guts to stand up for the rights and not let fear get in the way.

Being masculine dies not mean the person is devoid of emotions. He is allowed to cry but is able to 'act' and not become too affected and totally useless. So he should be able to reassure people and become like a pillar of support.

Usually, the masculinity shines through the persona of the 'quiet confidence' guy who is self assured (different from arrogance).

Not going to mention physical aspects as everyone is different here. But emotionally, we can develop.

Still I find my remarks very general.

:peace:

Muhaba
02-20-2015, 01:53 PM
By getting married. It will help control hormones. People normally don't have a problem with thier masculinity so you shouldn't be worried about this otherwise you'll be preoccupied with it and that will not be good for your mental health. If there a particular aspect that is bothering you, then you can ask about that. What is masculinity? Define it. Where are you lacking? That is, which qualities of masculinity do you think you don't have?

The-Deist
02-20-2015, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by American Muslim
And if you're talking about being big and strong then you'll need to eat healthy (your diet is 70% of it) and 30% is working out. Good luck to you.
Nope here I asked about character. BarakaAllahu Feek though

The-Deist
02-20-2015, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by introspective
How do you envision/picture "masculinity"?
Someone who has a strong personality good character and justice.

The-Deist
02-20-2015, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Not going to mention physical aspects as everyone is different here. But emotionally, we can develop.
And I didn't ask about physicality :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhaba
By getting married. It will help control hormones
Too young to do that.

Muhaba
02-20-2015, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
And I didn't ask about physicality :D

Too young to do that.
Then why are you worried about this? What makes you think you aren't masculine or won't develop all right. This is a natural process.

The-Deist
02-20-2015, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhaba
Then why are you worried about this? What makes you think you aren't masculine or won't develop all right. This is a natural process.
I think you misunderstood me. this thread was made asking about masculine characters.

And I said that i'm too young to get married (even though I want to get married...)

What do you guys think is then a masculine physique?

strivingobserver98
02-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Do you mean "Being a man"? Taking responsibility, leading the family, showing good example and working to provide for family.

sister herb
02-20-2015, 09:04 PM
I think its a matter of age as become more masculine. Maybe some other word would be better to describe this state of mind? This word "masculine" leads many of us thinking some physical appearance only.

ardianto
02-21-2015, 02:02 AM
Real man never think "I should become masculine", but always sure that "As a man I should behave like this, not like that".

:)

M.I.A.
02-21-2015, 02:05 PM
I don't really get the question,

You are who you are.

Ideas and concepts of masculinity don't really fit.. Its the observer that ultimately decides.

What they define as masculinity or any other character trait.

So no point really. Curls for the gurls.. functional strength.. Self esteem whatever.

Its not really a question until you tell us your intent.

Clark Kent, not quick enough, not strong enough, not smart enough...

But the question still stands.

ardianto
02-21-2015, 02:52 PM
Every woman crave a man who will make her feel secure with him, feel happy with him. If you are a man like this, then you are masculine.

Masculine is different than macho. You may become a macho man who is muscular, ride Harley Davidson, love to fight with other men. But if you cannot make a woman feel secure and happy with you, then you are not masculine.

So, how to become masculine?. Treat the women respectfully. :)

The-Deist
02-21-2015, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Curls for the gurls
Somebody been wathcing Chris Jones???

M.I.A.
02-21-2015, 03:30 PM
Lol no not really,

Too serious.

More like brosciencelife.

The-Deist
02-21-2015, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Every woman crave a man who will make her feel secure with him, feel happy with him. If you are a man like this, then you are masculine.

Masculine is different than macho. You may become a macho man who is muscular, ride Harley Davidson, love to fight with other men. But if you cannot make a woman feel secure and happy with you, then you are not masculine.

So, how to become masculine?. Treat the women respectfully. :)
I'm not married how do I know if I respect women?

ardianto
02-21-2015, 04:45 PM
You can know it from attitude of women toward you. If they are kind, friendly, and seem to respect you, it's means they see you as a man who have respect toward women.

M.I.A.
02-21-2015, 04:58 PM
Sometimes there is a lot of good in things that one finds hard to bare.. Although I can't remember exactly.

May Allah swt make it easy for you.

...do you even lift bro? ;D :p

The-Deist
02-21-2015, 05:01 PM
You can know it from attitude of women toward you. If they are kind, friendly, and seem to respect you, it's means they see you as a man who have respect toward women.
I don't stay with women... (not as in an offensive way I don't literally saty with anyone)

hisnameiszzz
02-21-2015, 07:32 PM
Surely you have a Mother. If you are still in contact with her, do you respect her?

Appearance of a man: grow a beard. I know you said you are young, but that is a manly attribute.

Characteristics of a man: patient, fair, responsible, honest, genuine.

You could always try and follow in the footsteps of Prophet Mohammed SAW.

M.I.A.
02-21-2015, 08:10 PM
Those character traits are very benicial to the other half for sure.

The truth is some things can only be done while asleep.

The rest is a learning experience.

MuslimInshallah
02-21-2015, 10:09 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Striving,

I am curious… how old are you?

JazakAllah khairan.

The-Deist
02-22-2015, 02:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
how old are you?
Almost everyone wants to know... Why though?

The-Deist
02-23-2015, 02:54 PM
Still waiting...

MuslimInshallah
02-23-2015, 03:27 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Striving,

I ask because you "sound" very young. (smile) I try to offer comments that are useful and appropriate for the person I am "speaking" with. Frankly, I would answer your question about what is means to be a man differently depending on whether you were 13 or 23 or 43 or 53….

So, my dear… how old are you (don't be shy)? (smile) My now-13 year-old son was posting comments on a political forum when he was 11. And I think this is a very positive thing. We need voices of all types and ages, don't you think?

May Allah Bless you, my dear.

فصيح الياسين
02-23-2015, 03:53 PM
To be masculine. Never agree with ur nafs. Its entrance gate for shaitan. Once he captured the gate. U will loose...
up to u how control ur nafs.. ur this exaM tine finish at death. And afterwards be the results for u dear

ardianto
02-23-2015, 11:37 PM
I don't stay with women... (not as in an offensive way I don't literally saty with anyone)
Since my wife passed away I don't live with woman, but I interact with women everyday. My neighbors, my customers, female food vendors, etc. Like with a beautiful girl who comes to my office almost everyday to send package. She always smile and greet me politely when we meet. And she never hesitate to ask me when she has question. Yes, she feel secure with me because she knows that I am a man who always polite toward women.

Okay, how to become masculine?. Basically every man has masculine character in himself. And this character developed through his life experience in society. So, bro, your masculine character will not developed if you just stay in your room.

Muhaba
02-24-2015, 01:21 AM
I was talking about character and not physique. Not something one should worry about as character develops naturally. Women develop feminine attributes and men develop masculine ones.

so what are masculine attributes as opposed to feminine ones? You might want to Google them and list them.

The-Deist
02-24-2015, 02:20 AM
So, bro, your masculine character will not developed if you just stay in your room.
Who do I stay with outside...:laugh: You got any advise?

The-Deist
02-24-2015, 02:48 AM
Is being serious one?

Alpha Dude
02-24-2015, 11:12 PM
Grow a tache.

The-Deist
02-24-2015, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Grow a tache.
Already have one...

Futuwwa
02-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Develop an assertive character. Learn to resist social pressure. Learn to dare speak your mind. Learn to ignore the social fear, the worry about how people might react to you. These things can only be learned by doing, so get on with it.

The-Deist
02-25-2015, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Develop an assertive character. Learn to resist social pressure. Learn to dare speak your mind. Learn to ignore the social fear, the worry about how people might react to you. These things can only be learned by doing, so get on with it.
Already done it. Pretty much.

M.I.A.
02-25-2015, 04:38 PM
it would seem you dont need to learn to be masculine, only realise the things make make you feel you are not.

people.

situations.

social context.

...and if your meant to act any differently in the first place, islamically.

and apple a day... keeps the trigger factors away.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!