/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Norway's Muslims form protective human ring around synagogue

sister herb
02-22-2015, 05:15 PM
OSLO (Reuters) - More than 1000 Muslims formed a human shield around Oslo's synagogue on Saturday, offering symbolic protection for the city's Jewish community and condemning an attack on a synagogue in neighboring Denmark last weekend.

Chanting "No to anti-Semitism, no to Islamophobia," Norway's Muslims formed what they called a ring of peace a week after Omar Abdel Hamid El-Hussein, a Danish-born son of Palestinian immigrants, killed two people at a synagogue and an event promoting free speech in Copenhagen last weekend.

"Humanity is one and we are here to demonstrate that," Zeeshan Abdullah, one of the protest's organizers told a crowd of Muslim immigrants and ethnic Norwegians who filled the small street around Oslo's only functioning synagogue.

"There are many more peace mongers than warmongers," Abdullah said as organizers and Jewish community leaders stood side by side. "There’s still hope for humanity, for peace and love, across religious differences and backgrounds."

Norway's Jewish community is one of Europe's smallest, numbering around 1000, and the Muslim population, which has been growing steadily through immigration, is 150,000 to 200,000. Norway has a population of about 5.2 million.

The debate over immigration in the country came to the forefront in 2011 when Anders Behring Breivik killed 77 people and accused the government and the then-ruling Labour party of facilitating Muslim immigration and adulterating pure Norwegian blood.

Support for immigration has been rising steadily since those attacks, however, and an opinion poll late last year found that 77 percent of people thought immigrants made an important contribution to Norwegian society.

(Reporting by Balazs Koranyi; Editing by Pravin Char and Stephen Powell)

source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/norwegian...102527616.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
02-24-2015, 09:09 PM
This is exactly what will help. Need more of this sort of thing.

Karl
02-24-2015, 09:15 PM
Zionist Muslims...that's a new one.

sister herb
02-24-2015, 09:33 PM
:hiding:

format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Don´t mix two different things together - not all Jews are Zionists neither other people, including muslims, whose respect and are ready to protect humanity, peace and human rights.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
02-25-2015, 09:13 AM
We should remember that we all are in the same boat. Our duty, who ever we are or to what group we belong, is protect those whose need protection and speak or act against any kind of hate and racism.

Pygoscelis
02-25-2015, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
We should remember that we all are in the same boat. Our duty, who ever we are or to what group we belong, is protect those whose need protection and speak or act against any kind of hate and racism.
Well said sister!

ardianto
02-26-2015, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Although only in very small amount I've ever gave donation a health clinic in Israel that give free health service for people. Okay Karl, you can call me Zionist Muslim for this. But I did that because I always believe that Jews are human too, like me.

I am ready to help Jews again when they do good deeds, and I hope Jews will help Muslims too in doing good deeds. Helping each other in good deeds, this is what Muslims and Jews must do. In Shaa Allah, then the world will be more peaceful.

:)

Karl
02-26-2015, 07:58 AM
Well the Jews and Muslims are seen as invaders to the northern peoples, unless the Muslim is Norse that is. Lets say the Norse people started immigrating to Somalia, would that be tolerated by the locals? Lefty liberals may invite other races into a their country but the silent majority just sit and wait for the wind to change. My advise is to go where you are many and strong because it is a lot safer. If there is a nationalist uprising and a minority race fights against it, that is like throwing fuel on the fire. A chain reaction where the Jews, Muslims, Gypsies or whatever will be crushed.

ardianto
03-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Hundreds Of Norwegians Circle Oslo Mosque In 'Peace Ring,' Showing Everyone What It Truly Means To Love Your Neighbor

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...ushpmg00000067

Abdullahh
03-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Strange. But, very noble on their part.

sister herb
03-01-2015, 10:41 PM
It is a good start for the understanding of each others. I wish to see more like these actions.

sister herb
03-06-2015, 10:54 PM
We too did it:

Muslims, Jews and Christians walked for peace and mutual understanding at friday in Helsinki, Finland

http://www.palsharing.com/i/00036/0zkgr1w56xzy.jpg

The center of Helsinki was held in the morning of friendship within the Muslim, Christian and Jewish States. These three religious representatives went hand in hand with three shrine in joining the route.

Finnish Islamic Association Mosque, the Old Lutheran Church and the Jewish Synagogue located in the center of Helsinki, within walking distance of each other.

Three sanctuary joining the route of the walk is a sign of friendship and the desire to promote peace and security in Finland, Europe and the world.

http://www.mtv.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/ar...elylla/4842952

ardianto
03-06-2015, 11:13 PM
News from Pakistan

"Pakistani Students Form Human Shield For Hindus To Celebrate Holi In Karachi"

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/03...n_6814588.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!