/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I seriously need your advice. May Allah guide us all to Janna in sha Allah

Muslimahx
02-24-2015, 08:23 AM
Asalamualaikum,

ive been thinking about my situation a lot lately and now I seriously can't sleep. When I was in junior high school, I've borrowed money from my teacher and a couple of friends. I know for sure that it didn't exceed 50$. But idk how to repay them back because I have no contact in any of them and it's been more than 10 years now. How will I be able to repay my stupid mistakes. Idk where to find them, idk if they are even still alive lol but please help me out with this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
02-24-2015, 08:34 AM
:wa:

it's easy to find out old friends through facebook . twitter etc . If u don't have account there , ask your friends . Also , u may contact your school - they still could have old register books where u may find addresses .

After searching if fail to find them , u may give the money to poor people on behalf of them and ask Allah to forgive u .

Abdullahh
02-24-2015, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimahx

it's been more than 10 years now.
:wa: Wow! That's a long time. Well, for only $50 it's nothing to be losing sleep over. They'd probably find it very strange to be repaying them such a small amount of money so many years later. But, its your choice. If you want to do it, just track them down via social networking sites such as Facebook or you could try the whitepages. Or just donate the same amount or a little more to someone or a charity. Also, the individuals who gave you the money might have considered it a gift, and maybe they don't want the money back. Don't stress yourself out over this, just do something good to make yourself feel better. :peace:

OmAbdullah
02-24-2015, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by American Muslim
:wa: Wow! That's a long time. Well, for only $50 it's nothing to be losing sleep over. They'd probably find it very strange to be repaying them such a small amount of money so many years later. But, its your choice. If you want to do it, just track them down via social networking sites such as Facebook or you could try the whitepages. Or just donate the same amount or a little more to someone or a charity. Also, the individuals who gave you the money might have considered it a gift, and maybe they don't want the money back. Don't stress yourself out over this, just do something good to make yourself feel better. :peace:

Salaam,

Loosing sleep and becoming upset for that loan is good because as such one may find a solution which will protect him/her from the torment of the Hereafter, because there a debtor will have to give his good deeds or take the bad deeds of the creditor; and that will be a great loss in the Hereafter. So it is a must to pay back the loans/ rights here. We shouldn't leave the things to the Hereafter and sleep well in this world. I think the solution given in #2 is good. She can also make istikharah salaat to know if this solution ( given in #2) is correct. Then she must do as guided.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
02-24-2015, 10:24 PM
:sl:

I'm sure you can find the teacher again. Normally schools keep archive records, contact the school maybe they can help out :ia:.

Muslimahx
02-25-2015, 12:22 AM
It's not like she was a teacher teacher. She was more like those advisory teachers that follow a disabled student and she was rarely in our class and I don't even know her name. And my friend was this ghetto guy which was more like an acquaintance. I was foolish and I was a kid and made dumb mistakes. But I can give double that amount to charity right ? Hopefully Allah forgives me

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!