/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Names/Titles/nicknames of Allah's Messenger Salla Allahu Alayhi wa Sallam

Fainoz
02-24-2015, 06:52 PM
How many can you name? :shade:

Each person think of 1 name or title and lets see how long we can keep this going it can be in any language as well. so if one persons says Rasulullah, some one else can say the Messenger of Allah , get it?

ok lets roll. Allahumma salli wa sallim wa barik alayhi.

Muhammad- :saws:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The-Deist
02-24-2015, 07:17 PM
Al Sadiq (The Truthful)

Fainoz
02-24-2015, 09:50 PM
Al-Amin

strivingobserver98
02-24-2015, 09:58 PM
al-Mutawakkil (The one who relies on Allah)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fainoz
02-25-2015, 04:53 PM
Rasulullah

Insaanah
02-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Rahmatul-lil-aalameen = A mercy for the worlds

And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds. (21:07)

Khaatamun-Nabiyyeen = The Seal of the Prophets or the Last of the Prophets

Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing. (33:40)

Muhammad
02-25-2015, 11:56 PM
Abul-Qasim:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Abu-l-Qasim (The Prophet :saws:) said, "Name yourselves by my name, but do not call yourselves by my Kuniya." (Sahih al-Bukhari Book 78, Hadith 212)

Fainoz
02-26-2015, 01:57 AM
Ahmad-

....and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad...... [surah saff]

Fainoz
02-26-2015, 07:08 PM
Mahmud

which more people would contribute imsad

strivingobserver98
02-26-2015, 07:50 PM
Nabi (the Prophet) :saws:

Muhammad
02-27-2015, 12:32 AM
Rasool :saws:

O Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم)! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord. And if you do not, then you have not conveyed His Message. Allah will protect you from mankind. Verily, Allah guides not the people who disbelieve. [Al-Ma'idah: 67]

Fainoz
02-27-2015, 06:47 PM
khatimul-anbiyaa (salla Allahu alyahi wa sallam)

Muhammad
02-27-2015, 11:11 PM
'Abd:

Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al- Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing. [Al-Israa: 1]

Insaanah
02-28-2015, 05:03 PM
Ra'oof and Raheem

There has certainly come to you a Messenger from among yourselves. Grievous to him is what you suffer; [he is] concerned over you and to the believers is kind and merciful. (9:128)

Muhammad
03-01-2015, 11:42 AM
An-Nabiyyul-Ummiyy (The Unlettered Prophet) :saws:

Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful. [Al-A'raf:157]

Fainoz
03-02-2015, 02:16 AM
Imam al murasalin

Insaanah
03-02-2015, 09:51 PM
al-Muzzammil and al-Muddaththir

O you who wraps himself [in clothing] (73:1)

O you who covers himself [with a garment] (74:1)

Muhammad
03-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Not sure if this counts as such, but I thought I'd add it for interest:

Sahibukum ('Your companion'):

By the star when it descends, Your companion has not strayed, nor has he erred, Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination. [An-Najm: 1-3]

Fainoz
03-02-2015, 11:49 PM
Mustafa- the chosen/purified one

Insaanah
03-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Five here as contained in two consecutive ayaat:

Shaahid - Witness
Mubashshir - Bringer of good tidings
Nadheer -Warner
Daa'3ee ilallaah - One who invites to Allah
Siraaj Muneer - A lamp spreading light or illuminating lamp

O Prophet, indeed We have sent you as a witness and a bringer of good tidings and a warner.

And one who invites to Allah, by His permission, and an illuminating lamp.

Surat al Ahzaab (Surah 33), ayaat 45-46

Muhammad
03-04-2015, 11:37 PM
Narrated Jubair bin Mut`im:

I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) saying, 'I have several names: I am Muhammad and I am Ahmad, and I am Al- Mahi with whom Allah obliterates Kufr (disbelief), and I am Al-Hashir (gatherer) at whose feet (i.e. behind whom) the people will be gathered (on the Day of Resurrection), and I am Al-Aqib (i.e. who succeeds the other prophets in bringing about good).

[Al-Bukhari: Book 65, Hadith 4896]

Muhammad
03-04-2015, 11:40 PM
وَحَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الْحَنْظَلِيُّ، أَخْبَرَنَا جَرِيرٌ، عَنِ الأَعْمَشِ، عَنْ عَمْرِو، بْنِ مُرَّةَ عَنْ أَبِي عُبَيْدَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي مُوسَى الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يُسَمِّي لَنَا نَفْسَهُ أَسْمَاءً فَقَالَ ‏ "‏ أَنَا مُحَمَّدٌ وَأَحْمَدُ وَالْمُقَفِّي وَالْحَاشِرُ وَنَبِيُّ التَّوْبَةِ وَنَبِيُّ الرَّحْمَةِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Abu Musa Ash'ari reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) mentioned many names of his and said:

I am Muhammad, Ahmad. Muqaffi (the last in succession), Hashir, the Prophet of repentance, and the Prophet of Mercy.

[Sahih Muslim: Book 30, Hadith 5813]

strivingobserver98
03-07-2015, 12:02 AM
Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said: "Whoever is named after me with the hope of being blessed, he will be blessed and will be in peace till the day of Qiyaamat."

He also said: "To whomever is born a boy and he names him Muhammad solely for the love of me and for the blessings of my name, then both he (the father) and his son will enter Jannah."

Muhammad
03-07-2015, 12:31 AM
As-Sadiq, Al-Masduq (the most truthful, the most trusted)

عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ مَسْعُودٍ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: حَدَّثَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه و سلم -وَهُوَ الصَّادِقُ الْمَصْدُوقُ-: "إنَّ أَحَدَكُمْ يُجْمَعُ خَلْقُهُ فِي بَطْنِ أُمِّهِ أَرْبَعِينَ يَوْمًا نُطْفَةً، ثُمَّ يَكُونُ عَلَقَةً مِثْلَ ذَلِكَ، ثُمَّ يَكُونُ مُضْغَةً مِثْلَ ذَلِكَ، ثُمَّ يُرْسَلُ إلَيْهِ الْمَلَكُ فَيَنْفُخُ فِيهِ الرُّوحَ، وَيُؤْمَرُ بِأَرْبَعِ كَلِمَاتٍ: بِكَتْبِ رِزْقِهِ، وَأَجَلِهِ، وَعَمَلِهِ، وَشَقِيٍّ أَمْ سَعِيدٍ؛ فَوَاَللَّهِ الَّذِي لَا إلَهَ غَيْرُهُ إنَّ أَحَدَكُمْ لَيَعْمَلُ بِعَمَلِ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ حَتَّى مَا يَكُونُ بَيْنَهُ وَبَيْنَهَا إلَّا ذِرَاعٌ فَيَسْبِقُ عَلَيْهِ الْكِتَابُ فَيَعْمَلُ بِعَمَلِ أَهْلِ النَّارِ فَيَدْخُلُهَا. وَإِنَّ أَحَدَكُمْ لَيَعْمَلُ بِعَمَلِ أَهْلِ النَّارِ حَتَّى مَا يَكُونُ بَيْنَهُ وَبَيْنَهَا إلَّا ذِرَاعٌ فَيَسْبِقُ عَلَيْهِ الْكِتَابُ فَيَعْمَلُ بِعَمَلِ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ فَيَدْخُلُهَا".
[رَوَاهُ الْبُخَارِيُّ]
، [وَمُسْلِمٌ]

Abu 'Abd al-Rahman 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported: The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, the most truthful, the most trusted, told us:

"Verily the creation of any one of you takes place when he is assembled in his mother's womb; for forty days he is as a drop of fluid, then it becomes a clot for a similar period. Thereafter, it is a lump looking like it has been chewed for a similar period. Then an angel is sent to him, who breathes the ruh (spirit) into him. This Angel is commanded to write Four decrees: that he writes down his provision (rizq), his life span, his deeds, and whether he will be among the wretched or the blessed.

I swear by Allah - there is no God but He - one of you may perform the deeds of the people of Paradise till there is naught but an arm's length between him and it, when that which has been written will outstrip him so that he performs the deeds of the people of the Hell Fire; one of you may perform the deeds of the people of the Hell Fire, till there is naught but an arm's length between him and it, when that which has been written will overtake him so that he performs the deeds of the people of Paradise and enters therein."
[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

InToTheRain
03-07-2015, 12:39 AM
:salam:

Miftahul Jannah (Keys to Paradise)

No one can enter Jannah before Mohammad(SAW) enters it.
Sahih Muslims narrates that the Prophet (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) will come to the gates of paradise and ask for it to be opened.
The gatekeeper will ask, "Who are you?"
The Prophet (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) will say, "Muhammad".
The gatekeeper will say, "I was ordered not to open the gate for anyone else before you"".

I love this thread :)

Insaanah
03-08-2015, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said: "Whoever is named after me with the hope of being blessed, he will be blessed and will be in peace till the day of Qiyaamat."

He also said: "To whomever is born a boy and he names him Muhammad solely for the love of me and for the blessings of my name, then both he (the father) and his son will enter Jannah."
Please could you give the hadeeth reference for these? :jz:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!