/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tasbeeh Glitch

hisnameiszzz
02-27-2015, 07:46 PM
Salaams all,

Please could the moderators put this into the correct section, as I could not find anything to do with tasbeehs.

I've noticed that the Masjid gets very full on Friday for Asar. I've also noticed a lot of the congregation sit and pray a certain tasbeeh without moving from their seat. The tasbeeh is "allahumma sallay ala mohammadeninnabiyeel ummiye wa ala alehee wasallim tasleema". I've been praying this for a long time now.

There is a board on the wall which states that whoever prays this 80 times without moving from their place after Asar prayers on Friday will get 80 years of sins wiped away and get 80 years of rewards as an exchange.

What is your understanding of this? Does it mean that you could be a complete moose and do everything Islam forbids but then go to the Masjid once a month on a Friday for Asar and then pray the above tasbeeh? Would that mean all your sins would get wiped and replaced with rewards or am I not understanding it correctly?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
02-27-2015, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
What is your understanding of this? Does it mean that you could be a complete moose and do everything Islam forbids but then go to the Masjid once a month on a Friday for Asar and then pray the above tasbeeh? Would that mean all your sins would get wiped and replaced with rewards or am I not understanding it correctly?
Assalamualaikum, brother.

Rasulullah (saw) ever said that there are people who perform fasting, but get nothing except hungry and thirsty. Yes, bro, not every ibadah, not every good deed, automatically produce reward, because get reward or get no reward is depend on Allah, and also depend on niah (intention) in doing this. In example, if someone gives shadaqah but with intention only to show off, will he get reward for this?. No.

Then if someone think "It's okay if I make many sins now because then I can do taubah and my sins will be erased", will his taubah accepted?.

:)

greenhill
02-28-2015, 06:45 AM
A similar kind of thing lead me to seek deeper understanding. It started with a question posed to rasulullah about 'guaranteeing' a place in heaven. And it is included in the hadiths too. It is the 5 pillars of islam.

Then comes the 'human' problem, the simple way out, to do only that. Worst, now that we assume based on 'facts' that we ignore the other prerequisites that also matter.

So we have to be aware of our duties on earth as well as our worship of Allah.

We need to be charitable, truthful, kind, humble, patient etc while maintaining focus on the 5 pillars. You'd place yourself in a much better position...and if the icing on the cake, so to speak, could be the tasbeeh after asar.

Should not fall into the trap like the Christian belief of forgiveness if we confess... to gain forgiveness we must truly repent. have we truly repented if we keep repeating the sin week after week?

What do you want to believe about the tasbeeh? I believe it is the icing on the cake, to take advantage of in conjunction with others do's and don'ts.

:peace:

Lavitz
02-28-2015, 07:17 AM
First step is to make sure if this narration is authentic in the first place. Then you can look into the possibility of finding glitches. =p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
03-13-2015, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
What do you want to believe about the tasbeeh? I believe it is the icing on the cake, to take advantage of in conjunction with others do's and don'ts.
Like you, I believe it's an icing on the cake. However, I am sure there are people who would think "I will go and pray" and then I can do whatever I want for the rest of the week.

If it was that simple, then I guess folk could just go to Friday Asar namaaz once a month and pray and then do whatever they wanted for the rest of the month. It's not that easy though. Think of all the namaaz they have not prayed and will have to go qaza for, and all the people they harmed, they would have to go and ask for forgiveness off them and various other things.

Anyway, it's Friday today. No doubt the Masjid will be packed for Asar! :p

Insaanah
03-13-2015, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
I've noticed that the Masjid gets very full on Friday for Asar. I've also noticed a lot of the congregation sit and pray a certain tasbeeh without moving from their seat. The tasbeeh is "allahumma sallay ala mohammadeninnabiyeel ummiye wa ala alehee wasallim tasleema". I've been praying this for a long time now.

There is a board on the wall which states that whoever prays this 80 times without moving from their place after Asar prayers on Friday will get 80 years of sins wiped away and get 80 years of rewards as an exchange.

What is your understanding of this? ...
:wasalam:

:jz: for asking the question and checking.

The hadeeth is either a fabrication or extremely weak.

See this post: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1546557

And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!