/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Face off staff brainstorming thread

strivingobserver98
03-02-2015, 10:34 PM
This will be the thinking station for the staff for the Face off! May the best team win :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...4325150-2.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Afifa
03-04-2015, 09:13 PM
A good fun idea! Let the games begin?! :phew

strivingobserver98
03-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Ok staff we have been passed the baton :)

format_quote Originally Posted by «Fainoz»
OK. The baton has been passed. Admins:

Category: Messengers and Prophets

Level:easy

Among the people of Thamud, there were some men from the city who plotted something against Nabi Salih alayhisalam, what was the plot, how many men, and bring the ayah
Hmm.. All I remember is something to do with camels, that was a part of it. Anyone know indepth details regarding plot?

AabiruSabeel
03-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Surah An-Naml: 48-53

And there were in the city nine family heads causing corruption in the land and not amending [its affairs].
They said, "Take a mutual oath by Allah that we will kill him by night, he and his family. Then we will say to his executor, 'We did not witness the destruction of his family, and indeed, we are truthful.' "
And they planned a plan, and We planned a plan, while they perceived not.
Then look how was the outcome of their plan - that We destroyed them and their people, all.
So those are their houses, desolate because of the wrong they had done. Indeed in that is a sign for people who know.
And We saved those who believed and used to fear Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Afifa
03-09-2015, 10:30 PM
The plot of the camel was that they demanded a miracle from Prophet Salih (a.s) and said tell Allah to create a she-camel who is 10 months with child from a rock on the mountain. So Prophet Salih (a.s) said if Allah does you will believe the message I have brought. Allah created the camel and some believed and some still didn't. Those that didn't, let the camel graze for a while and then went ahead and killed it.

I think it was 2 men that killed the camel, not entirely sure on that though.

strivingobserver98
03-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Ok we have the plot and the ayah alhamdulilah. Now if anyone else knows we need verification on how many men, then we can submit our answer.

AabiruSabeel
03-10-2015, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by «Fainoz»
Among the people of Thamud, there were some men from the city who plotted something against Nabi Salih alayhisalam, what was the plot, how many men, and bring the ayah
The question is related to the plot against Salih :as:. Its not about the camel.

As mentioned in the quoted Ayaat above, there were 9 people who took an oath to kill Salih :as: along with his family and to lie about it to hide their crime.

strivingobserver98
03-11-2015, 02:06 AM
The plot and how many men:
format_quote Originally Posted by ibṉĀdam
As mentioned in the quoted Ayaat above, there were 9 people who took an oath to kill Salih :as: along with his family and to lie about it to hide their crime.
format_quote Originally Posted by Afifa
The plot of the camel was that they demanded a miracle from Prophet Salih (a.s) and said tell Allah to create a she-camel who is 10 months with child from a rock on the mountain. So Prophet Salih (a.s) said if Allah does you will believe the message I have brought. Allah created the camel and some believed and some still didn't. Those that didn't, let the camel graze for a while and then went ahead and killed it.
The Ayah:
format_quote Originally Posted by ibṉĀdam
Surah An-Naml: 48-53

And there were in the city nine family heads causing corruption in the land and not amending [its affairs].
They said, "Take a mutual oath by Allah that we will kill him by night, he and his family. Then we will say to his executor, 'We did not witness the destruction of his family, and indeed, we are truthful.' "
And they planned a plan, and We planned a plan, while they perceived not.
Then look how was the outcome of their plan - that We destroyed them and their people, all.
So those are their houses, desolate because of the wrong they had done. Indeed in that is a sign for people who know.
And We saved those who believed and used to fear Allah.
Are we ready to submit :)? Or changes needed above.

strivingobserver98
03-25-2015, 08:08 PM
Next question

Ok next question

Catergory: The sahaba

Level: Medium

What was the name of the Sahabi who proclaimed his Islam to the Quraysh after the Prophet (sallallahucaleyiwasallam) advised him tobe discreet. and what were his words when the Prophet asked him about why he did that?

Afifa
03-26-2015, 10:43 PM
:sl:

I think the sahaba was Hadhrat Abu Dharr Al-Ghifari :ra:

strivingobserver98
03-27-2015, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Prophet (sallallahucaleyiwasallam) advised him tobe discreet. and what were his words when the Prophet asked him about why he did that?
:jz: Afifa, anyone know this part above?

Muhammad
03-28-2015, 04:57 PM
:wasalamex

I found this:

Abu Dharr (radi Allahu anhu) says, “I went back to the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) and when he saw my condition, he said, ‘Didn’t I tell you not to announce your acceptance of Islam?’ ‘O Messenger of Allah,’ I said, ‘It was a need I felt in my soul and I fulfilled it.’
I cannot verify the source for this though. In one place, it quotes the book "Companions of The Prophet", Vol. 1, By: Abdul Wahid Hamid. And Allaah :swt: knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!