/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

KhalilGr
03-04-2015, 09:33 AM
Good day, I'm Khalil, a 16 years old back-end programmer and an Atheist. I reside in a north African kingdom, called Morocco. Most of my free time is filled by reading technology related news; programming; religious and historical research and writing.

To those who read this thread and wonder whether I was brought up as an Atheist or not, I was not brought up an Atheist, I was both brought up and raised a Muslim, and I later left Islam to become an Atheist. Why? Well, to say the least, while growing up, I never had much friends, so I spent much of my time indoors reading, watching documentaries and cultivating myself. I read the Quran more times than I can remember, and later researched it more to comprehend it, I read different religious books including the Bible and the only few translated parts of the Torah that I could get my hands on in our national libraries, so it is safe to say that I studied all three Abrahamic religions. I do not only take interest in those three religions, but also in several other religions and belief systems. So, after researching and understanding the religion I was brought up to, I began to despise it (I'm not sure if that's the correct term to describe my feelings towards Islam, but I believe it's most close).

Even though I became an Atheist at the age of 14, I never told anybody, as publicly claiming my Atheism would not only get my parents to disown me, but in this country, it could also get me some time in jail, if not a lifetime prison sentence without a chance of giving me time to apply for a political asylum in a foreign country to run for my life. So, I kept it a secret to date.

I hope this community doesn't freak out at me for being an Atheist, as I am eager to make new friends, no matter their beliefs. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
03-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Greeting to you

Welcome to forum. Hopely it doesn´t freak you out that the most people in here are to understand Islam better. ;D

Lavitz
03-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the boards Khalil. Truly, keeping it a secret would be your best bet. ;)

Don't keep us in the dark though, do share your reasons for despising Islam.

KhalilGr
03-04-2015, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Greeting to you

Welcome to forum. Hopely it doesn´t freak you out that the most people in here are to understand Islam better. ;D
Thanks for the welcome. Even though I don't see the reason why such thing would freak me out, but, I do hope so.

format_quote Originally Posted by Lavitz
Welcome to the boards Khalil. Truly, keeping it a secret would be your best bet. ;)

Don't keep us in the dark though, do share your reasons for despising Islam.
Thanks for the welcome, and for sure it would be my best bet, look at what happened to Kacem El Ghazzali when he publicly claimed his Atheism here. I certainly do not want what happened to him happening to me.

I didn't say I despised it, I said the term 'despise' would be closer to the actual term that describes how I feel towards Islam. However, if you feel the need to know my reasons, I'll be more than glad to tell, should I open a new thread in a certain section? As I believe discussing this subject in an introduction thread wouldn't be right.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lavitz
03-04-2015, 10:45 AM
However, if you feel the need to know my reasons, I'll be more than glad to tell, should I open a new thread in a certain section? As I believe discussing this subject in an introduction thread wouldn't be right.
Sounds good. See you there then.

greenhill
03-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Interesting... you don't like islam and yet join an Islamic forum.. do I detect uncertainty? if I were to leave islam, I would definitely stay away from the community...

I do hope that the reason is due to the disillusionment of islam as a result of the actions of people who call themselves Muslims...

Quite a lot of youths are this way in this day and age. They confuse people and religion. Islam is perfect, people are not.

Wishing you an enlightening stay.

:peace:

Muhammad
03-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by KhalilGr
I didn't say I despised it, I said the term 'despise' would be closer to the actual term that describes how I feel towards Islam. However, if you feel the need to know my reasons, I'll be more than glad to tell, should I open a new thread in a certain section? As I believe discussing this subject in an introduction thread wouldn't be right.
I am sorry to hear you have fallen from light into darkness. Please be advised that opening up a thread to make a list of perceived problems with Islam is not a good idea. If you are here to discuss issues with us and need some help, we will be happy to assist. Otherwise, there are enough anti-Islamic allegations floating around on the internet, and the responses to them can just as easily be found.

May Allaah :swt: guide you to the truth, Aameen.

KhalilGr
03-07-2015, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Welcome to the forum.

Interesting... you don't like islam and yet join an Islamic forum.. do I detect uncertainty? if I were to leave islam, I would definitely stay away from the community...

I do hope that the reason is due to the disillusionment of islam as a result of the actions of people who call themselves Muslims...

Quite a lot of youths are this way in this day and age. They confuse people and religion. Islam is perfect, people are not.

Wishing you an enlightening stay.

I was waiting for such a reply, worry not, I did not join an Islamic forum because I'm uncertain of my decision, I joined these boards in hopes of debating Islamic views and teachings, unfortunately for me, I found none, what I found however was oppression of non-Muslim folks by the staff team of this forum, even though we Atheists (or I in this case) have said nothing wrong nor have I insulted Islam in any way. Anyways, thanks for the welcome (however if this oppression continues I don't believe I'll stick around any longer, I've had that for quite some time in my life by my parents, and I'm sick of it to say the least).

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Greetings,

I am sorry to hear you have fallen from light into darkness. Please be advised that opening up a thread to make a list of perceived problems with Islam is not a good idea. If you are here to discuss issues with us and need some help, we will be happy to assist. Otherwise, there are enough anti-Islamic allegations floating around on the internet, and the responses to them can just as easily be found.

May Allaah :swt: guide you to the truth, Aameen.
I didn't fall from light to darkness, you have your opinion and you're free to express it, however please, don't direct such opinions/statements towards me. If anything, I rose from darkness to light. Also, I never said I'll open such thread, I asked a question 'should I open a thread?' not 'I shall open a thread'.

Hah, when you say 'allegations' you make it sound as if they're false claims or false accusations.

Muhammad
03-08-2015, 12:33 AM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by KhalilGr
I didn't fall from light to darkness, you have your opinion and you're free to express it, however please, don't direct such opinions/statements towards me.
It was you who chose to join an Islamic discussion board. We will continue to express our views as openly and clearly as we wish. If you're not happy with that, we're not forcing you to stay.

If anything, I rose from darkness to light.
It seems this delusion is why you're here; you think that somehow you can prove Islam wrong. So before you complain about oppression, please consider your own intentions for being here.

Hah, when you say 'allegations' you make it sound as if they're false claims or false accusations.
Because that's exactly what they are.

greenhill
03-08-2015, 02:07 AM
Hi KhalilGr,

People will believe what they want. Two instances in the past (there's a lot more) like the She-camel story of prophet Salleh, where the people requested for a miracle as proof (they got it) but what did they do eventually? They killed it.

Jesus was asked to bring down food from the heavens as proof, did they submit? No.

These examples show that the truth can hit you in the face but the choice to submit is entirely in your hands. There is no compulsion in religion.

All I see is the great consistency in islam. It is rooted in the eventual fairness in judgment if we can have faith and bear it with patience.

It is a beautiful deen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!