/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I take this trip?

anonymous
03-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Hello everyone I have a question for you all: I am of mixed heritage (German, English, and Armenian). I have been wanting to visit Armenia because I have already visited Germany and England, but Armenia is a very Christian country and I think if they were to find out I am a Muslim they would hate me or something, maybe I would even be in danger because I may be seen as a traitor. I feel Armenia is my homeland in one way or another, since I have a decent amount of my ancestry coming from there and I've always liked Armenia and Armenians. Do you think I should take the trip, or should I instead travel elsewhere?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimInshallah
03-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I'm a Muslim woman who wears a headscarf. I travelled to Armenia in 2008 to the capital Yerevan with my six children. We were there two weeks and had no problems whatsoever. The locals were rather nice, actually. (Smile) some women told me I could take off my scarf, as my husband wasn't there. They believed I was being forced to wear it. I just gently explained it was my choice. And everyone was fine. They see people from Iran there sometimes, so it's not so weird, apparently.

(Smile) there are no guarantees in life, but I think you'll be ok. If you have family there, it's even better. Just be polite, and respect the local culture.

May Allah, the Protector, make this journey one that benefits you in this life and the Next.

anonymous
03-06-2015, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum,

I'm a Muslim woman who wears a headscarf. I travelled to Armenia in 2008 to the capital Yerevan with my six children. We were there two weeks and had no problems whatsoever. The locals were rather nice, actually. (Smile) some women told me I could take off my scarf, as my husband wasn't there. They believed I was being forced to wear it. I just gently explained it was my choice. And everyone was fine. They see people from Iran there sometimes, so it's not so weird, apparently.

(Smile) there are no guarantees in life, but I think you'll be ok. If you have family there, it's even better. Just be polite, and respect the local culture.

May Allah, the Protector, make this journey one that benefits you in this life and the Next.
Thank you for your advice, you've been helpful. :)

Muslim Woman
03-06-2015, 07:32 AM
:sl:

many Muslims live in US . Many US Muslim women wear veil . In'sha Allah u will be safe there . So , have a trip and rely on Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!