/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is your vision?

syed1
03-06-2015, 02:48 AM
Have you ever reflected over yourself? Have you ever sat down and thought, "what is it that I really want do to?". What is it that I want to achieve or become?

Recently, I have been going through some internal conflicts with myself as I am unsure (and I am sure I am not alone) about where I want to go in life, what I want to devote my time to.

A little background on me. I'm 23, completed undergrad in business, working directly in my field. Although I don't mind the work, I keep thinking that there is a bigger purpose for me, that I need to embark on something far greater, I need to think bigger and widen my imagination.

I've been reading lots of self help books, for example, "tapping the iceberg" by Tim Cork is quite good and I must say the books do offer some real ways to help you get to where you want to go..

One of the things it mentions is to have a vision, where you see your self, what is the ideal state or circumstance. I try an think about my vision but I always feel it is clouded or influenced by things and that it is not actually my real vision.

I guess I'm just here to hear from you guys, what are you visions, how do you know that this is really what you want to do or achieve. Where do you find the passion or how do you know what you are passionate about?

I honestly feel like I have no passions..I want to be involved in charity in one form or another, I'm passionate about helping?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Johnathan
03-06-2015, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
I honestly feel like I have no passions..I want to be involved in charity in one form or another, I'm passionate about helping?
Maybe you could find and get involved with some Islamic charities, that are Islamic counterparts of charities like Mercy Ships, that help and heal some of the least able and most broken among us:
youtube.com/watch?v=TfjYeQzCwzU

Abdullahh
03-06-2015, 04:30 PM
My vision is to get married and have kids, and to have enough money to support my family forever and a modest home with enough left over to help the less fortunate people. When I was a kid I wanted to be famous, a movie star or a rock star, but that's not important in life. What is important is religion, morals, family, and happiness (in my opinion).

greenhill
03-06-2015, 05:18 PM
As a kid, I've always wanted to be the 'provider'. To be able to help people. As I grew older I realised that we needed money. Then it shifted to business. But the charitable aspect of being the 'provider' never really extinguished only fine tuned into the concept of not giving the fish, but teaching them to fish. I also realise that I have limits, so it depends on the the person if he wants to learn.

I had several visions. Could not really develop a single, all round "mantra".

As a student, I wanted a Degree. That was my end vision. Along the journey, I wanted to be part of teams. If possible, win some medals. To be a kick ass martial arts exponent..(didn't get anywhere near).. musician especially the guitar. Although cooking was something I know to be very useful, heck we eat everyday, but food was not my interest.

As my university years came to an end, I set about next sets of visions, to have a job, to own a car, a place of my own, and a recreational club membership. Then look towards getting married. All that had to happen by the time I'm 30 at latest.

Luckily for me, that panned out. Nothing has panned out since. All my plans and vision get derailed. I guess that's what is called married life and family. It was a lot easier when single.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
03-06-2015, 07:11 PM
I reflect and think about my past, present and future all the time. I think about the mistakes that i have made. I like to think i have learnt from my mistakes. I like to think i am improving my character and focusing on strengthening my relationship with Allah swa & people in general.

My long term vision is to obviously please Allah swa and gain entry to jannah.

I do also think about investing my time and money in society and the ummah in general.

I can definitely relate to the feeling of being born to do something greater than my current status in life. I always feel there's something more in me that i haven't discovered. I also wish i had a guardian angel making all the important decisions for me in life because this is something i do struggle with. I try and think about the problem and then think about the solutions and then really think which option will please Allah swa and go with the option which i SHOULD be doing...

I think the questions who am i, what am i here for and what do i want to do is very normal and i think it is very hard to answer these questions. The answers lies in Islam i believe. We were born to worship Allah swa.

I have noticed that the older i get the more i accept me, the more i admit my mistakes and accept the truth. Also, another important change in me is before i never used to address issues when people used to inflict harm on either myself or others around me and now i do...

فصيح الياسين
03-06-2015, 07:11 PM
My vision is to get allah only. So i get every single thing. Pray for me

sister herb
03-06-2015, 09:43 PM
I have had many visions during my life and I have to say that those ones I have made a lot of work have came true.

Now I have new one - to become a nurse for elderly care. Last years I have made work to make it true like working and training in the social service and for elderly caring centers.

Please pray that I will finally can start studing for it soon. If it is the will of Allah, I will be a kind nurse. :statisfie

syed1
03-07-2015, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Johnathan
Maybe you could find and get involved with some Islamic charities, that are Islamic counterparts of charities like Mercy Ships, that help and heal some of the least able and most broken among us:
youtube.com/watch?v=TfjYeQzCwzU
I definitely want to get involved. I'm thinking of getting involved in making education accessible for the less fortuanate in third world countries, starting with my home country, Pakistan.. what do you think?

Also the video does not work for me here in Canada... what's it about?

syed1
03-07-2015, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by American Muslim
My vision is to get married and have kids, and to have enough money to support my family forever and a modest home with enough left over to help the less fortunate people. When I was a kid I wanted to be famous, a movie star or a rock star, but that's not important in life. What is important is religion, morals, family, and happiness (in my opinion).
i believe you have mistaken your vision for your goals. Vision is your endstate, the ultimate goal (in this world) where do you want to be, what you want to have achieved.. what you described are mere goals that will help you to get to your vision but what is the vision.

syed1
03-07-2015, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
As a kid, I've always wanted to be the 'provider'. To be able to help people. As I grew older I realised that we needed money. Then it shifted to business. But the charitable aspect of being the 'provider' never really extinguished only fine tuned into the concept of not giving the fish, but teaching them to fish. I also realise that I have limits, so it depends on the the person if he wants to learn.

I had several visions. Could not really develop a single, all round "mantra".

As a student, I wanted a Degree. That was my end vision. Along the journey, I wanted to be part of teams. If possible, win some medals. To be a kick ass martial arts exponent..(didn't get anywhere near).. musician especially the guitar. Although cooking was something I know to be very useful, heck we eat everyday, but food was not my interest.

As my university years came to an end, I set about next sets of visions, to have a job, to own a car, a place of my own, and a recreational club membership. Then look towards getting married. All that had to happen by the time I'm 30 at latest.

Luckily for me, that panned out. Nothing has panned out since. All my plans and vision get derailed. I guess that's what is called married life and family. It was a lot easier when single.

\
I feel for you and I fear the same for my self for I am getting older and close to the age of marriage..I need to figure out my vision soon so before I get caught up with life I can at least begin to pave the path to fulfilling my vision.

syed1
03-07-2015, 01:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I have had many visions during my life and I have to say that those ones I have made a lot of work have came true.

Now I have new one - to become a nurse for elderly care. Last years I have made work to make it true like working and training in the social service and for elderly caring centers.

Please pray that I will finally can start studing for it soon. If it is the will of Allah, I will be a kind nurse. :statisfie
That is a great goal Sister, and InshAllah you achieve it but your vision is something greater..

syed1
03-07-2015, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Protected Soul
I reflect and think about my past, present and future all the time. I think about the mistakes that i have made. I like to think i have learnt from my mistakes. I like to think i am improving my character and focusing on strengthening my relationship with Allah swa & people in general.

My long term vision is to obviously please Allah swa and gain entry to jannah.

I do also think about investing my time and money in society and the ummah in general.

I can definitely relate to the feeling of being born to do something greater than my current status in life. I always feel there's something more in me that i haven't discovered. I also wish i had a guardian angel making all the important decisions for me in life because this is something i do struggle with. I try and think about the problem and then think about the solutions and then really think which option will please Allah swa and go with the option which i SHOULD be doing...

I think the questions who am i, what am i here for and what do i want to do is very normal and i think it is very hard to answer these questions. The answers lies in Islam i believe. We were born to worship Allah swa.

I have noticed that the older i get the more i accept me, the more i admit my mistakes and accept the truth. Also, another important change in me is before i never used to address issues when people used to inflict harm on either myself or others around me and now i do...

Looks like we are in the same boat, I agree that the ultimate reason we are here is to worship God etc. but I also feel we have a purpose on this earth to make a difference and that thing could also be in some way a form of worship...

Johnathan
03-07-2015, 10:59 AM
I definitely want to get involved. I'm thinking of getting involved in making education accessible for the less fortuanate in third world countries, starting with my home country, Pakistan.. what do you think?

It is a hospital ship that normally travels the coast of Africa (other places when there are national emergencies and such), repairing cleft palates in children, performing thousands of cataract eye operations in elderly, removing giant growths and tumors, and fixing all other manner of maladies and deformities in people who do not otherwise have access to heath care. Copy and paste the link to their website for more:
mercyships.org/surgeries-care/lasting-impact/

For helping with education in third world countries, maybe there is an Islamic counterpart to something more like Compassion International that you could get involved in:
http://www.compassion.com/ldp.htm

Johnathan
03-07-2015, 11:03 AM

This is a better web page for explaining what the folks on Mercy Ships do:
http://www.mercyships.org/surgeries-care/the-solution/

ardianto
03-07-2015, 06:17 PM
My vision?. Hmm ..... I already in mission to realize my vision which I had when I was young, become a person who can give benefit to the others, help other people to have better life. Alhamdulillah, although currently just few, I can give job to job seekers who now work in my small business. I hope I can have bigger company and employ more people. In Shaa Allah, I will give regular help to orphans who need study fund. This is one of few mission to realize my vision.

AmericanMuslim
03-07-2015, 08:30 PM
I have a couple of visions. But my major one is to help Muslim Converts. I know of a lot of converts who feel unwelcome within their Muslim community, or they don't know who to turn to for help, so I want to help as much as I can, Inshallah. There are multiple roads I can go down for this, but my idea for now is to open up a Masjid. And I am interested in maybe becoming a female Imam. I am playing around with ideas and such for now. May Allah help everyone achieve their visions, and be happy. Ameen.

strivingobserver98
03-08-2015, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmericanMuslim
I have a couple of visions. But my major one is to help Muslim Converts. I know of a lot of converts who feel unwelcome within their Muslim community, or they don't know who to turn to for help, so I want to help as much as I can, Inshallah. There are multiple roads I can go down for this, but my idea for now is to open up a Masjid. And I am interested in maybe becoming a female Imam. I am playing around with ideas and such for now. May Allah help everyone achieve their visions, and be happy. Ameen.
That's a very thoughtful vision. Everyone mostly has visions to do with helping people which I find really nice :ma:. Maybe you can do something like iEra which brother Abdur Raheem Green founded. He embraced Islam 20 years ago. iEra has dawah stations all over the globe, and it's doing really well in educating people about Islam :alhamd:.

Abz2000
11-06-2015, 06:26 PM
To see a world where everyone realizes the need to run the planet according to the guidance of it's Creator and Sustainer, where racism, nationalism and division based on tribal allegiance and man made laws at variance with the laws themselves are discarded and we all unite upon the truth, and live in harmony with our Creator which is fitrah and ultimate peace, where we all turn to the book of Allah when we have a dispute and continue to progress materially, physically and spiritually until we meet our Creator, then most of us are saved from hell and granted paradise.
The win win situation.

greenhill
11-07-2015, 10:53 AM
\
I feel for you and I fear the same for my self for I am getting older and close to the age of marriage..I need to figure out my vision soon so before I get caught up with life I can at least begin to pave the path to fulfilling my vision.
If I could change anything, it would be nothing except making those silly mistakes with heavy consequences.

As a result, my kids are growing up and I still have some youth remaining in me.. they would be working before I retire.

So what if my vision is not realised. It's not my definitive thing. It just a thought out ideas process so as to not waste precious time. Before you know it, you're already passed the sell date and still have nothing to show for it.

Scimitar
11-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Brother Syed1 I think you are mistaking having a vision for having a calling.

"let yourself be sliently drawn by the pull of that which you really love" - Jalauddin Rumi.

My advice - nurture that calling.

Scimi

AhmedGassama
11-07-2015, 03:14 PM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!