/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ireland

Praise Yeshua
03-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Hello there, I'm a sixteen year old from Ireland. As you can imagine, I was raised Catholic...but not really to a large extent. I only went to the mass at Easter and Christmas, we never discussed God or anything at home, I only really learned really basic things in school like certain parts of the Gospel, simplified stories of Exodus etc. Anyway, in the last half year or so my interests have been increased dramatically in Religion. I began to believe in a God of some form. I read about Buddhism, Esotericism and so on. Eventually, I came back to Catholicism. So far I've read the New Testament and have started Deutronomy. I've also started reading the Catechism.

Due to all this, I of course have heard about Islam. I'm starting to wonder about it. I read the first thirty Surahs or so (chronological) but not in great detail. For me, Catholicism and Islam both offer very good arguments and it's definitely hard to decide. I've considered the issue of the trinity and so on, I'm just a bit lost now. So I came here to at least get to see it from both sides. I'll be looking around here to learn about Islam. If anyone has any particular videos or books to recommend, I'll be sure to give them a look.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
03-08-2015, 10:27 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I would recommend (to start) look at Jeffrey Lang' the purpose of life' on YouTube.

Wishing you a great stay

:peace:

strivingobserver98
03-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Welcome :)

I recommend you check out "Purpose of Life" by Khalid Yasin. Really thought provoking video! Khalid Yasin was also a christian previously and reverted to Islam in 1965.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zor1et-rT8c

Muslim Woman
03-09-2015, 04:00 AM
Hello

Welcome here . Pl . browse the forum . U will find many useful topics . Feel free to ask about Islam in related threads.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CalmPassenger
03-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Welcome...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!