/* */

PDA

View Full Version : attaining righteousness

Fainoz
03-09-2015, 03:39 AM
Now we know in the Quran Allah says we won't attain righteousness until we spend from what we love. So that gives us a hint as to how we can get there. So what do we love?

Money
Men/women
Sleep
Time
Food/drinks
Comfort over all
Expensive things
Life

This is why fasting leads to taqwa because by nature we love eating, lowering the gaze purifies the heart, because we love looking at beautiful/handsome women/men zakat as well because we LOVE moneaaaay. tahajjud is difficult because we love our sleep, jihad (qital) is difficult because life is a cherished thing and no one wants to risk it. Dawah is difficult because it takes us out of that comfort zone of live and let live, to enjoining good forbiding evil and calling others to Allah, a task which always leads to mockery or rejection, but what spending from these things for the sake of Allah?

So this week inshallah try to give up one thing that you love for Allah, whether it's fasting for 3days, waking up for tahajjud every night, buying a less expensive item than the one you wanted and give the rest to charity, give dawah to family members and friends or even non Muslims.

may Allah help us all become righteous Muslims.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
03-09-2015, 05:02 AM
I read somewhere (in the Quran or was it a hadeeth?) where it is said that none is a true believer until he wishes for his neighbors what he wishes for himself. How selfless we have to be... a very hard 'state of being' to arrive at... Why is it that we feel the need to have better things than anyone else???? :hmm:

:peace:

Beyondalina
03-09-2015, 08:33 AM
What does the Quran have to say about the qualities of a believer?

Fainoz
03-09-2015, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I read somewhere (in the Quran or was it a hadeeth?) where it is said that none is a true believer until he wishes for his neighbors what he wishes for himself. How selfless we have to be... a very hard 'state of being' to arrive at... Why is it that we feel the need to have better things than anyone else???? :hmm:

:peace:
yeah a hadith, and very true its easier to just worry about yourself.

format_quote Originally Posted by Beyondalina
What does the Quran have to say about the qualities of a believer?
well many places in the quran address this. I'll just post a couple more concise ones for example:

surah muminun 1-9

1. Successful indeed are the believers.
2. Those who offer their Salat (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness.
3. And those who turn away from Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk, falsehood, and all that Allah has forbidden).
4. And those who pay the Zakat .
5. And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)
6. Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;
7. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors;
8. Those who are faithfully true to their Amanat (all the duties which Allah has ordained, honesty, moral responsibility and trusts etc.) and to their covenants;
9. And those who strictly guard their (five compulsory congregational) Salawat (prayers) (at their fixed stated hours).

surah furqan 63-74

63. And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.
64. And those who spend the night before their Lord, prostrate and standing.
65. And those who say: "Our Lord! Avert from us the torment of Hell. Verily! Its torment is ever an inseparable, permanent punishment."
66. Evil indeed it (Hell) is as an abode and as a place to dwell.
67. And those, who, when they spend, are neither extravagant nor niggardly, but hold a medium (way) between those (extremes).
68. And those who invoke not any other ilah (god) along with Allah, nor kill such life as Allah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.
69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;
70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
71. And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds, then verily, he repents towards Allah with true repentance.
72. And those who do not witness falsehood, and if they pass by some evil play or evil talk, they pass by it with dignity.
73. And those who, when they are reminded of the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord, fall not deaf and blind thereat.
74. And those who say: "Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the Muttaqun"(pious - see V.2:2 and the footnote of V.3:164)."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
03-17-2015, 09:30 PM
I can't wait for ramadan in sha Allah - 3 more months to go Alhamdulilah. On the weekend, i even brought dry and normal dates in eagerness!

I agree i think we should all do something different and something to challenge ourselves to bring us closer to Allah SWA.

I started fasting Mondays and Thursdays but couldn't continue as i go gym these days - but, what i will do in sha Allah is rather than going gym and doing an intensive work out i'll go for a long walk and that way i can continue with my fasts in sha Allah.

It does make you feel proud, not in an arrogant way - but to know you have accomplished something that no one knows apart from you and Allah swa. It's something we should all cherish and reach out for - building our relationship with Allah swa in secret. I think this has many hidden blessings. in sha Allah.

May Allah swa help us all worship Him Ameen.

Fainoz
03-18-2015, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
I can't wait for ramadan in sha Allah - 3 more months to go Alhamdulilah. On the weekend, i even brought dry and normal dates in eagerness!

I agree i think we should all do something different and something to challenge ourselves to bring us closer to Allah SWA.

I started fasting Mondays and Thursdays but couldn't continue as i go gym these days - but, what i will do in sha Allah is rather than going gym and doing an intensive work out i'll go for a long walk and that way i can continue with my fasts in sha Allah.

It does make you feel proud, not in an arrogant way - but to know you have accomplished something that no one knows apart from you and Allah swa. It's something we should all cherish and reach out for - building our relationship with Allah swa in secret. I think this has many hidden blessings. in sha Allah.

May Allah swa help us all worship Him Ameen.
im hoping to be spiritually ready this year as opposed to last year :hmm:

Beyondalina
03-20-2015, 03:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ā«FainozĀ»
63. And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.
This seems to be a pretty hard thing to do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!