/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What a woman did after her employer asked her to remove hijab

Muslim Woman
03-16-2015, 07:26 AM
:sl:

By Siti Nur Aini (Singapore)

Once, a boss asked me if I would remove my Hijab while working. In a calm tone (not wanting to sound arrogant), I told him that I believe that there are many job vacancies out there. But there is only one true religion.

In shaaAllah (God willing), I’m able to find new job but I can’t find another religion that is pure and genuine. If I leave my Hijab for you, means, I am leaving my religion because of you. It also means that I fear you more than my Lord. Alhamdulillah (praise be to Allah), with that as my answer, Allah has guided me to many beautiful and wonderful things. Alhamdulillah my current job is WAY better.

I’m writing this because I know many sisters are facing the same challengers. Some are scared to leave their job. But ironically shouldn’t we fear Allah alone? Don’t we know that this world belongs to HIM and that rizq (provisions) comes from HIM? I hope this story gives some motivation to others especially sisters in my country, Singapore.

Fear Allah, don’t fear that you are jobless. Being religious doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy this world. In fact, Allah ordered us to enjoy His blessings but without disobeying HIM.

http://worldhijabday.com/what-a-woman-did-after-her-employer-asked-her-to-remove-hijab/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
03-16-2015, 11:42 AM
sorry to hear that,

did you ask why?

....lifes a test apparently.. but you gave a superb answer.

stood up against all sorts of discrimination.

but it does cost to cross the boss.. iv been there before.

i fail to see what legitimate claim the employer had to ask you that..

unfortunately im managed people who have lost head covering over time.. works both ways i suppose.

good luck and may allah swt grant you ease.

Scimitar
03-16-2015, 02:07 PM
i dont htink he was asking her bro MIA - she only quoted from someone else (siti nur aini) - who doesn't know what you are writing :D

Scimi

M.I.A.
03-16-2015, 02:23 PM
Doh..

Well OK then very inspiring.

Can't figure out if I should protest or submit to the hand that feeds me.

...but I guess ya never know what happens before ya get there and after you leave.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdullahh
03-17-2015, 02:00 AM
That sister did a very good thing. May Allah bless her.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!