PDA

View Full Version : Good things about the forum



Umm Abed
03-19-2015, 12:10 PM
What is the nicest thing about this forum, Islamic Board? How have you benefited?

Any responses welcome:statisfie
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
03-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Its members. :wub:
Reply

abz2000123
03-19-2015, 05:09 PM
Yup, most of the members, even some of the old atheists seem to have a little etiquette!

Even though it's my most frequented, it's still nowhere near what it was in 2011
Reply

Snow
03-19-2015, 07:15 PM
I am not too active, probably because the forum is not too lively, sadly.
But I do enjoy the many thoughtful posters.
Some interesting topics/questions tend to pop up.

This and one other forum are the only ones that I signed up to as a member.
I have to say that sometimes I come here when the other one is just way too silly.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
BeTheChange
03-19-2015, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by sister herb
Its members. :wub:
I agree - Alhamdulilah the unique characters and personalities that we come across makes this forum!

How have i benefited? Alhamdulilah, it's done me great wonders. I do come on a regular basis Alhamdulilah because not only does the threads and reminders motivate me to do good but it keeps me in check.

It's a wonderful feeling knowing they are many brothers and sisters all over the world who have the same goal & the same purpose to please Allah swa. Also, talking about Islam and reading about Islam gives me a lot of inner peace Alhamdulilah. I don't find wordily topics as stimulating if am honest.

I genuinely do love this forum as it has put me back on the right track - Alhamdulilah!
Reply

Fainoz
03-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by sister herb
Its members. :wub:
*blushes*
Reply

Umm Abed
03-19-2015, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Snow
I am not too active, probably because the forum is not too lively, sadly.
But I do enjoy the many thoughtful posters.
Some interesting topics/questions tend to pop up.

This and one other forum are the only ones that I signed up to as a member.
I have to say that sometimes I come here when the other one is just way too silly.
I agree that the forum is a bit on the quiet side; would be nice to get members more active in discussions.

However I do like the forum and its wide range of topics, something for everyone, well done to the mods, masha'allah.
Reply

Umm Abed
03-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by «Fainoz»
*blushes*
Its obvious that members form part of the forum:D
Reply

Fainoz
03-19-2015, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Snow
I am not too active, probably because the forum is not too lively, sadly.
But I do enjoy the many thoughtful posters.
Some interesting topics/questions tend to pop up.

This and one other forum are the only ones that I signed up to as a member.
I have to say that sometimes I come here when the other one is just way too silly.
is that other one Ummah forum perchance?
Reply

Snow
03-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by «Fainoz»
is that other one Ummah forum perchance?
The other one I am with just has to do with totally different things than this forum.
That is why this can be so refreshing.
Reply

farhan
03-20-2015, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
I agree that the forum is a bit on the quiet side; would be nice to get members more active in discussions.

However I do like the forum and its wide range of topics, something for everyone, well done to the mods, masha'allah.
After some forum updates and minor things here and there are done, then we will start the marketing process :ia:. When we get influx of new members it would be good if they had a user friendly experience on the website technically + visually. Then that would help them connect with the lovely community :alhamd: :).
Reply

Umm Abed
03-20-2015, 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by فرحان
After some forum updates and minor things here and there are done, then we will start the marketing process :ia:. When we get influx of new members it would be good if they had a user friendly experience on the website technically + visually. Then that would help them connect with the lovely community :alhamd: :).
Im glad to hear that you are making it more user friendly. The look is important as well, I like a wide spacious look it helps me keep connected:statisfieIve also noticed a lot more features on Islamic Board compared to others, alhamdulillah, and may you achieve what you strive for.:jz:
Reply

Umm Abed
03-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Any more input from more members?

Id like to hear from you:)

Btw, got my first rep point today:D
Reply

ardianto
03-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Assalamualaikum.

Someone in another forum said that IB is not the real Islamic forum, but just a chit chat site. But actually this is what makes me enjoy my time in IB. I've ever joined in that forum which is really Islamic. But I felt like in madrasah class with a grumpy teachers that always ready to scold me if I didn't understand what they say. (In forum the teachers are called "moderators"). Different than IB which make me feel like on masjid yard where I could meet other Muslims and share stories in relax atmosphere.

My purpose to join in Muslim forum is not to learn Islam because I live in Muslim majority country where I have access to Islamic knowledge and Islamic teachers. My purpose is to build silaturahim with other Muslims. Alhamdulillah, in IB I can meet Muslims from other places.

:)
Reply

Umm Abed
03-20-2015, 03:22 PM
:wa:

Thats good to hear alhamdulillah. I would say its more of a learning site than a chit chat forum, honestly, with so many beneficial threads made, there is lot to learn.

You'r fortunate indeed if you live where you can get access to deeni knowledge on a personal level.

Im sure you can form a strong unity of brotherhood here with Muslims from all around the world:)
:ma:
Reply

Scimitar
03-20-2015, 03:32 PM
i've not come across a forum as well moderated and run as this one on the web - and I have joined plenty of forums in the past. I stuck with IB because it feels like a blessed effort in the online dimension.

Scimi
Reply

greenhill
03-20-2015, 06:12 PM
This is my first forum. . .and to date it is my only forum.

There are many things I have learnt just by browsing or lucky enough to be part of the on going topics which otherwise would not have been part of the checklist.

Topics that was thought irrelevant suddenly offers delightful insight into the miracles of stuff..

I don't feel the need to seek other forums. I like it that it is moderated. I like it that it is to promote and encourage (almost like an online support group) the practice and understanding of the deen.

Yes, the forum has been quiet of late. That is entirely dependent on the input from members. And the input is dependent on the topics offered. It also has to do with many senior members taking a break..

The noticeable change for me happened after the server migration about a year ago.. I'm sure the older members will see other earlier changes in members dynamics.

:peace:
Reply

Umm Abed
03-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by greenhill
This is my first forum. . .and to date it is my only forum.

There are many things I have learnt just by browsing or lucky enough to be part of the on going topics which otherwise would not have been part of the checklist.

Topics that was thought irrelevant suddenly offers delightful insight into the miracles of stuff..

I don't feel the need to seek other forums. I like it that it is moderated. I like it that it is to promote and encourage (almost like an online support group) the practice and understanding of the deen.

Yes, the forum has been quiet of late. That is entirely dependent on the input from members. And the input is dependent on the topics offered. It also has to do with many senior members taking a break..

The noticeable change for me happened after the server migration about a year ago.. I'm sure the older members will see other earlier changes in members dynamics.

:peace:
So you'r really satisfied with this forum and as you say it has so much to offer and what you have learnt from it, that speaks for itself.

Good moderation is essential to keep everything clean and in line.

The forum being dependent on the input from members - its a fact - thats what makes a forum really, good lively discussions is what lights up a forum Im sure you will agree.

What Ive noticed is there can be over 100 views to a thread with anywhere like 3 to 4 replies or around there. Seems like we've got more readers than posters;D
Reply

Umm Abed
03-21-2015, 10:22 AM
Btw, just want to say Im happy to be a full member now, where I can edit.

Not being able to edit made me feel a bit jittery lol, I hate typos:p
Reply

greenhill
03-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Now you can go back and edit every post you made :D

The reason for more readers than posters is because only members can post. Non members may browse but can't post. Generally, I notice members are about 2% of users.

:peace:
Reply

Umm Abed
03-21-2015, 03:11 PM
Im sure I dont have typos in them I think so, lol.

I scrolled down where they show how many members are online there does seem to be many.

Does non members' viewing also count as being viewed? That I wonder.
Reply

sister herb
03-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Well, this isn´t my only forum but one of them I like to visit regularly. I am in some "special" forums where we talk only one or few matters like gardening or cooking. If I wouldn´t be kind of places where I can talk about my some special interests, I might make you all more mad with my endless sweet recipes.

:D
Reply

ardianto
03-21-2015, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by sister herb
Well, this isn´t my only forum but one of them I like to visit regularly. I am in some "special" forums where we talk only one or few matters like gardening or cooking. If I wouldn´t be kind of places where I can talk about my some special interests, I might make you all more mad with my endless sweet recipes.

:D
I know, I saw you in those forums. Even your activity in one forum ever made me think that you are an English teacher. :)

By the way, in 2009 I've ever joined in a US based Muslim forum which had just few members (in that time). Just few, but they were high in 'quality'. But I felt inferior to discuss with them because they talked in "American intellectual English" with many words which only common among academicians. Different than IB members which their English commonly based on daily British English.
Reply

Umm Abed
03-24-2015, 11:34 AM
True - we need to chat English in simpler forms to accommodate for the wide range of people on here alhamdulillah, easy to read and something for everyone:)
Reply

saif-uddin
03-25-2015, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
What is the nicest thing about this forum, Islamic Board? How have you benefited?

Any responses welcome:statisfie
This is amongst the Best Islamic Forum, has strict rules against Intermingling and it's members are generally more intelligent than other larger forums,

:jz:
Reply

Umm Abed
03-28-2015, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by saif-uddin
This is amongst the Best Islamic Forum, has strict rules against Intermingling and it's members are generally more intelligent than other larger forums,

:jz:
Nice input there, short, sharp and to the point.

Well done Islamic Board team! Jazakallah khair.:)
Reply

Signor
03-28-2015, 08:50 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Originally Posted by Umm Abed
What is the nicest thing about this forum, Islamic Board? How have you benefited?

Any responses welcome
Its moderating team and.....The Administrator.:)

Originally Posted by sister herb
Its members.
I've a love-hate relationship with the members,based on my past experiences with other Muslim forums.Once I expressed my views on another thread:

I sense it very early and I tried to prove it wrong many times on my own but "pardon me" for these words,the warmth of brotherhood(like any place there are exceptions) found here is between a few oldies which keep on moving in circles.Considering,its IslamicBoard,this attitude surprises me in the beginning but now I am habitual to it
.

Its get very disturbing when ill informed new member(and I am talking about Muslim members for the most part) came here and you see people double teaming against him/her(to win the argument) just because they know each other.

Now I consider myself to be a resident ghost of IB:D...Was I able to bring the good is left to members discretion.
Reply

greenhill
03-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Signor
Its get very disturbing when ill informed new member(and I am talking about Muslim members for the most part) came here and you see people double teaming against him/her(to win the argument) just because they know each other.
Hope I don't fall into this category.... Now that you've mentioned it :nervous:




Originally Posted by Signor
Now I consider myself to be a resident ghost of IB.
I have noticed it.

Unghost yourself.

I can understand why though, I think. :hmm:


Peace to you Signor


:peace:
Reply

ardianto
03-29-2015, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Signor
I've a love-hate relationship with the members,based on my past experiences with other Muslim forums.Once I expressed my views on another thread:
Sometime I feel annoyed by other members post, sometime I feel sad when a member 'attack' me. But I never hate anyone. So, my relationship with other members is always love-love relationship.

:)
Reply

Signor
03-30-2015, 09:26 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Originally Posted by greenhill
I have noticed it.

Unghost yourself.

I can understand why though, I think.
Nah Man,I prefer lurking in the dark.Unghosting myself will result in leaving this forum for good.

Originally Posted by ardianto
Sometime I feel annoyed by other members post, sometime I feel sad when a member 'attack' me. But I never hate anyone. So, my relationship with other members is always love-love relationship.
My bad,I choose wrong words which creates misunderstanding,I should have used dislike(or despise members attitude) instead of "hate". After all,no matter you hate or or you love a person,you have to made some emotional investment in it and it would be utter foolishness to contribute in any relation which bring harms in return.

Personally,I don't get annoyed by personal attacks;have so many other issues to take care of.Like I said,its mostly because of the behavior of some members here to newbies.


Peace to everyone.
Reply

Scimitar
03-30-2015, 06:24 PM
This forum is the best, the members are what make it shine, and we've been here, together for years, posting and learning, contributing and sharing -


Scimi
Reply

greenhill
03-31-2015, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by ardianto
My purpose to join in Muslim forum is not to learn Islam because I live in Muslim majority country where I have access to Islamic knowledge and Islamic teachers. My purpose is to build silaturahim with other Muslims. Alhamdulillah, in IB I can meet Muslims from other places.

....and improve your written English....

(sometimes I can see the 'thinking in Indonesian' and translate into English...) :D

But your points are clear!


:peace:
Reply

Signor
04-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Originally Posted by greenhill
(sometimes I can see the 'thinking in Indonesian' and translate into English...)
I've no doubt even if he start to speak in tongues,We will understand him only because....

Originally Posted by greenhill
But your points are clear!
....he speaks from the heart.

Originally Posted by greenhill
Hope I don't fall into this category.... Now that you've mentioned it
Btw,Br greenhill I started to feel ashamed of the statement after reading above,Wish have a heart like Yours:).My intention was never to criticize the members here but let everyone realize how huge the responsibility on our shoulders is.I admit,I am not really good when it comes to words.

May Allah guide us to serve Him and help His creations.
Reply

Ridwaan Ravat
04-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Assalamualykum

Respected members,

I'd like to thank you all for your valuable input, I've really learnt a lot in my short stay, your enthusiasm has really inspired me.

May Allah continue increasing our imaan and keep us steadfast. Aameen
Reply

Pygoscelis
04-04-2015, 04:02 AM
I have met a lot of great people here over the years, and found a lot of inter-faith and inter-no-faith understanding.
Reply

Muhaba
04-04-2015, 12:36 PM
One thing I like about this forum is the ease of getting around. I don't know why, but I haven't found the same in other forums.This forum can be likened to a house where you know all the rooms.

and yeah the Islamic discussions. I have learned much over the years and I think through engaging discussions, grown in deen.
Reply

sister herb
04-04-2015, 01:00 PM
One more thing what makes this forum a good one (or great one), is that here isn´t spammers/trolls (at least not right now). They can make any forum feels like :exhausted and drive its members and mods mad and murderous... :raging:
Reply

RSTR
04-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Assalam walaikum all the Islamic board member
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!