/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam/Allah fair.

Maxi365
03-22-2015, 11:09 PM
Salam I am a Muslim and I have been trying to pass my driving test for ages. I have always wanted to drive ever since I was little and I still love cars and can't wait to drive. So far I have taken test 4 times and failed. I always do dua before my test but I always end up failing. I keep thinking it's because I am a bad Muslim but then my other friends da who go out partying and drink have recently passed their test and it's not fair. There are Christians who party and drink and are really bad and they end up passing their driving test where I keep failing. Allah knows how much I want to drive and how badly I want a car. Any opinions or advice would be nice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
03-23-2015, 08:32 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Wow!

Wanting something from a young age and getting that something are 2 separate things.

Ever considered why you failed?

It is a basic set of skills. Not a 'right' to have. Lives are at stake.

Personally for me, I find driving licences are far too easy to get.

Wishing you a fruitful stay. Happy browsing.

:peace:

Muslim Woman
03-23-2015, 11:20 AM
:sl:

always make dua like this : O Allah. grants
what is best for my this world and hereafter.

Remember Allah knows what is best for us and when is the right time to get it. Also don't forget Allah loves those who have patience.

ardianto
03-23-2015, 03:16 PM
:sl:

I was motorcycle racer when I was young, I also have ever drove in auto rally. I always made dua before start and I could feel benefit of dua like got better concentration or could see a chance when my competitor made mistake. However, if I could not use this easiness, then this easiness would be useless. That's why when I made bad result I always evaluate the mistake that I have made and did not ask why my dua was not accepted.

Young bro, have you ever evaluate the mistake that you have done in driving test?.

Dua can help us, but without skill and ability to avoid mistake then we will not able to take advantage that happen because our dua. So, do not depend only on dua. But you must improve your driving skill and ability to avoid mistake. You say you want to drive car. But what you have done to reach what you want?.

Driving car was a dream when I was little. So, I start to learn since I was little. Started from theory. I read about driving technique from car magazines, watch TV program about driving lesson. Then when I went to other city with my family I always sat beside my dad, so I could notice how he turn, how he brake, how he accelerate, etc.

I have mastered theory before I started practice. That's why I didn't feel difficulty to practice driving techniques when I entered driving school. I got good score and finally I got driving license.

My advice for you is learn to drive again from the basic, theory. You need to mastering the theory because it will make you know what you should do in practice properly, without feel doubt. Doubt in driving can cause accident, and in test it can cause low score.

Need patience in learning again, of course. But this is better than you have driving test again without improvising your skill and get failed again.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
03-23-2015, 03:27 PM
Imagine if there were no cars and we were still riding horses? Imagine failing your horse driving test becuase your horse threw you off and you broke your collar bone?

Imagine yourself lucky that we have cars, where the failure of its test which left your body unharmed and intact?

Imagine Allah's mercy?

Thank you

Scimi

ardianto
03-23-2015, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Imagine if there were no cars and we were still riding horses? Imagine failing your horse driving test becuase your horse threw you off and you broke your collar bone?

Imagine yourself lucky that we have cars, where the failure of its test which left your body unharmed and intact?

Imagine Allah's mercy?

Thank you

Scimi
My brother,

the thread starter wants to have driving license but he always failed in test. So, do you have advice to make him can pass driving test and get driving license?.

:)

Scimitar
03-23-2015, 04:06 PM
Yes,

my advice is to contemplate his reasonings for wanting to drive. Is it because:

1) he wants to be a racer
2) he wants to impress his friends
3) he wants to impress girls
4) he wants to use the car as a means to an end - ie: to help his family and to get from A to B?

the truth is, anyone will realise that option 4 is by far the noblest option - but I'm asking the brother to reflect HONESTLY why he wants to learn how to drive.

Also - I want him to understand that Allah doesn't grant to someone until it is beneficial for them to have it. God forbid, but imagine if he passed the test and then got a car and a few weeks later got involved in a fatal car accident? Could it be that Allah has saved him and his family from that grief? I tend to try and look at the wisdom behind the decisions which are out of our hands. This is the only I find that I can accept that which is other wise hard to accept.

The example of the horse which I gave above was an example of a contemplative procedure which I find most humans today neglect. It's rapidly becoming a lost human trait/skill.

I just hope that some here were able to recognise the intention behind the post.

Scimi

ardianto
03-23-2015, 05:08 PM
An example of driving theory lesson that you can learn from it.

M.I.A.
03-23-2015, 07:58 PM
I know how you feel, passed ony fifth attempt and even then the instructor said I was rubbish.. Passed by the skin of my teeth apparently.

My dad used to say I was a bad driver, didn't like it at all.

Nowadays both hands on the wheel and get angry at people when they don't indicate lol.

I consider gokarting one of the biggest freedoms I have felt..

But I never thought of unfairness for a long time. Not even when I failed.

Patience and perserverence and hopefully your feelings will change over time.

MuslimInshallah
03-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Maxi,

(smile) We all have tests in this life. It seems to me, that whatever we really want… we tend not to get. It could be that we crave peace and quiet… and get the neighbours from hell. We may wish for money… and have a terrible time finding a job. We may ardently desire children… and not be able to have any.

(meditatively) It seems to me that we all have our weak points. And that Allah, if He is Merciful, withholds what we desperately want, as a way for us to learn to get closer to Him. We cry, we suffer, we pray… and we grow spiritually, in spite of ourselves.

It also seems to me that we all have elements of shirk within us, whether it be a person that we might love too much, or a dream we might sacrifice too much for, or material goods we might value too much… and Allah tests our devotion to him by putting us in situations where we must chose what is pleasing to him vs what we desire. (smile) perhaps you could bribe or cheat your way to a driver's license… but that would not be Pleasing to Allah, right? You may be tempted to take shortcuts… but the efforts you make to do the right thing may help you worship Allah… and earn jannah, perhaps?

In your case, what could it be? A protection, as Scimi suggested? Or an opportunity to learn, as Ardianto suggested? A chance to make choices Pleasing to Allah? An opportunity to struggle to get closer to Allah?

(smile) I don't know. (smile) But have trust in God. He Cares and He Knows, even if we don't. There is surely some benefit for you in this difficulty in getting a license. By all means, work to get your license. But then relax into Allah's Love. Praise Him, no matter what happens. (smile) And look for the good in your life. There is surely something. Perhaps driving is not something for you right now. But perhaps you're really good at being a big brother. Or making good food. Or (twinkle) finding an amazing wife.

(smile) You know, I got my license when I was 16, on my second try, even though I wasn't very good. And then I had a minor accident. I was so stressed by this that I couldn't get my license again for many, many years. But, alhamdullillah, when I was, mmm, 43 or 44, I finally aced my driver's test, and I now enjoy driving. (smile) And getting over this fear helped me get out of an abusive relationship. (smile) So it was a good thing for me. Alhamdullillah!

I pray you may get this license soon, if it is good for you in this life and the Next. But if it is not good for you, I pray that you are able to accept not getting what you desire, (smile) and that you'll be able to praise Allah for the Wisdom in His Decisions, though you may not understand the wisdom right now.

May Allah, the Generous, Bless you in ways that are most beneficial to you.

Karl
03-23-2015, 09:27 PM
Get a driving teacher or go to driving school. Driving is very dangerous, one mistake and your dead. If you have the option of public transport, you don't need to drive and it will save you money. I wish I had public transport as cars are a hole in the pocket. It also takes years to become one with the machine, so be careful and drive slow until you feel the car is an extension of your body. For some people it doesn't happen so they never learn to drive. The same could be said for horse riding, becoming at one with the beast instead of a machine.

ardianto
03-23-2015, 11:45 PM
I've ever raced in auto rally although mostly I raced in motorcycle racing. I also drive car and ride motorcycle on the street, but I never use racing technique on the street. Race on race track and drive/ride on street are two different matter, and have different techniques. if you want to drive on street you must learn technique of driving on street which focus on safety, not speed. Do not influenced by action of racers that you have ever seen.

In racing you can focus on yourself, but in street driving you must give attention to other people too. In driving on street, when you turn you must notice other cars too and do not turn in the ways that disturb other drivers. When you brake you must also notice the car behind you. Notice other vehicles, this is one important factor of safety in driving on street.

One common cause that make someone failed in driving test is, he doesn't give attention to other vehicles. It could cause accident for the others, and of course will make him does not pass driving test.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!