/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interested in being the founding members of a Charity?

syed1
03-23-2015, 11:18 PM
I am looking to establish a team of young and passionate individuals who are interested in being part of a not for profit charity.

The charity is still in conception so this is your chance to get in while things are starting up.

The charity will help children/students in 3rd world countries by giving them the means to education. Education in third world countries is a well known problem, whether it be due to poverty, lack of resources or harsh school environments, we will aim to solves those issues at a personal level for children and families.

We are collaborating with a fully developed organization in Paksitan who currently operates over 134 schools around the country and has approx 13300 students enrolled.

There are many things that I could use your help on:
- Developing funraising schemes
- Creating branding/logos/Creative Charity Names
- Establishing a webpresence
- Building awareness early through social media
- conducting research on educational issues etc

There is a lot that needs to be done and I could sure use your help!

Admittedly, things will be slow at first but I am looking for committed people who will be in this for the long haul. ie. someone that sees them self as serving on the board of directors and actively involved throughout the charity.

If this is something you are interested in, kindly send me an email at :

charitynfp@gmail.com

Please provide:

1) Name
2) how you want to help
3) why are you interested in this specific cause (ie. education)
4 optional* attach you resume.

Thanks,
Arbab

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
03-24-2015, 03:50 AM
So many charities nowadays... and so many scammer charities who buy weapons instead of food.

Where to start?

Scimi

sister herb
03-24-2015, 12:51 PM
Salam alaykum

Sounds nice idea. I will looking for people whose might be interesting. May Allah reward you. :statisfie

BeTheChange
03-24-2015, 05:45 PM
It's true.

I don't mind contributing to a legitimate worthy cause but how can we know this is a legit and honest cause?

Jazahka Allah - May Allah swa help us to identify the fraudsters Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
03-24-2015, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
So many charities nowadays... and so many scammer charities who buy weapons instead of food.

Where to start?

Scimi
Some years ago I created a charity operation called "The operation of tebby bears". I was lucky because none didn´t think I was a scammer.

:D

Creating charity org is a big and hard work. :exhausted Not sure if I will do it the second time. My full support if someone likes to try. May Allah helps with this kind of work.

Scimitar
03-25-2015, 12:58 AM
Operation Teddy Bear was a charity founded to give teddy bears to army servicemen's children while their fathers were on duty in Iraq and other middle eastern countries if I am correct?

kinda like looking after the enemy on this one isn't it?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Opera...02193186486048 and https://fundly.com/wimmer4charity

Or was your charity different?

Scimi

syed1
03-25-2015, 02:44 AM
I definitely understand the concern, but I guess that would only change after you meet me or get to know me. But in any case I know the money will go to the right place because I trust my aunt who physically runs these schools in Pakistan.

syed1
03-25-2015, 02:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
It's true.

I don't mind contributing to a legitimate worthy cause but how can we know this is a legit and honest cause?

Jazahka Allah - May Allah swa help us to identify the fraudsters Ameen
Well...I am not asking for any donations right now. I am just looking to build a team to get things started. How will you know this is legit? Well you would be part of the Not-For-Profit charity model, you would not how it works, you would be the one helping me build it..

syed1
03-25-2015, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Some years ago I created a charity operation called "The operation of tebby bears". I was lucky because none didn´t think I was a scammer.

:D

Creating charity org is a big and hard work. :exhausted Not sure if I will do it the second time. My full support if someone likes to try. May Allah helps with this kind of work.
Thank you sister.. I know it will not be easy but we have to start somewhere. I am starting at a very small scale, beginning with data on approximately 10-20 children from an orphan school in Pakistan. Would love your help or someone who is willing to commit and is very serious.

sister herb
03-25-2015, 09:22 AM
Operation Teddy Bear was a charity founded to give teddy bears to army servicemen's children while their fathers were on duty in Iraq and other middle eastern countries if I am correct?

kinda like looking after the enemy on this one isn't it?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Opera...02193186486048 and https://fundly.com/wimmer4charity

Or was your charity different?

Scimi
My teddy bears went to the children in Gaza whose had lost their homes (and all toys) during the attack of zionists at 2008 - 2009 war.

Unfortunately part of teddies traveled with Mavi Marmara ship - the same where the Zionists attacked. imsad

Scimitar
03-25-2015, 11:34 AM
Pakistan? forget it.

Scimi

ardianto
03-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Pakistan? forget it.

Scimi

They don't even have building, but they still have spirit of study. No, bro, we should not forget them.

:)

Scimitar
03-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Bro, do a quick search on the net for scammer charities and the ploys they play to take your money.

The after that - I want you to consider the OP - why has he asked anonymous members of an internet forum to form a charity? does he not know any Muslims himself? I find that hard to believe. it is bait tactics like this which entrap people with good intentions...

...Pakistan is a trump card they play a lot.

if you really want to be charitable - start in your local community.

Plenty of Muslim families in London fall below the poverty line and have to rely on govt handouts which are hardly adequate.

Scimi

ardianto
03-25-2015, 06:23 PM
Bro, do a quick search on the net for scammer charities and the ploys they play to take your money.

The after that - I want you to consider the OP - why has he asked anonymous members of an internet forum to form a charity? does he not know any Muslims himself? I find that hard to believe. it is bait tactics like this which entrap people with good intentions...
Someone told me that an orphanage need donation. So I searched information about the orphanage that he mean. I found that orphanage really exist, and I met the orphanage caregivers. yes, it's true, that orphanage need donation. So I gave donation.

Brother Syed1 does not ask donation, at least for this time. And he give us chance to check, does he lie or not. If then we find he does not lie and indeed there are children who need help, why don't we help them although just a little help?.

:)

Scimitar
03-25-2015, 06:48 PM
My question is - Why does he feel the need to ask complete strangers on an internet forum to form a charity? that sound really dodgy to me bro. I'm on many forums all over the web.

One other point - how do we know he is really a Muslim? this is the internet bro.

What are his real intentions? and why did he come to a forum ?

doesn't he know any Muslims in real life? why doesn't he approach the Muslims he does know?

I'm a Muslim who asks questions because I happen to know that the appearance and reality are diametrically in opposition to each other in this day and age...

Scimi

syed1
03-25-2015, 11:34 PM
My question is - Why does he feel the need to ask complete strangers on an internet forum to form a charity? that sound really dodgy to me bro. I'm on many forums all over the web.

One other point - how do we know he is really a Muslim? this is the internet bro.

What are his real intentions? and why did he come to a forum ?

doesn't he know any Muslims in real life? why doesn't he approach the Muslims he does know?

I'm a Muslim who asks questions because I happen to know that the appearance and reality are diametrically in opposition to each other in this day and age...

Scimi
Hello Scimitar, I understand your concern..

But understand that I am not looking for donations but looking to build a team to start a charity, people who will be with me through every step of the process..

It is a bit strange that I am asking strangers on a forum for help.. but what am I too do. I have Muslim friends who are not about this stuff, and sometimes are engaged in the wrong stuff even.

Also, to say I am not getting help from Muslims locally is incorrect because I do have 1 other Muslim member from my area who is very knowledgeable in charities and funding.

Scimitar
03-26-2015, 01:45 AM
Could you not make get the masjid committee to make an announcement? or leave a poster or flyer around in local masjids?

There are options for you if you are sincere - but this forum route you've taken for this purpose is something I cannot side with, I am sorry.

Scimi

sister herb
03-26-2015, 07:09 AM
I see some good things which might follow when looking for contacts from outside of the local community; new contacts might have much more knowledge and experience of kind of charity works than what is suitable (or easy) to find from someones own friends. And of course, what is important, to spread information about situation to wider, to more people around the world, is always good idea. I for example don´t know much about problems of education in the 3rd world countries.

But I am interesting to know more.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!