/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can i pray with my smartphone in my pocket.

Moshy
03-25-2015, 10:15 AM
I have a protective sheet on my smartphones screen, the guy who pasted the sheet cleaned the screen first with a liquid which contained alcohol ( amount of alcohol is unknown ). So my question is, can i pray with my smartphone in my pocket?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ridwaan Ravat
03-25-2015, 08:40 PM
As a precaution wipe it with a screen cleaner, if not salaah will be accepted as alcohol is diluted and minimal

saif-uddin
03-25-2015, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moshy
I have a protective sheet on my smartphones screen, the guy who pasted the sheet cleaned the screen first with a liquid which contained alcohol ( amount of alcohol is unknown ). So my question is, can i pray with my smartphone in my pocket?
throw the screen protector away, (they are cheap anyway) and wipe the screen properly with a Non-Alcoholic wipe and your problem is solved.

:jz:

MuslimInshallah
03-26-2015, 07:55 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Mmm, I am curious: Isn't the prohibition of alcohol about consuming it? (sigh) Though I think I can see that this might be an area of interpretation, and therefore controversy. (twinkle) Perhaps there is a thread somewhere here that discusses this?

Also there are different kinds of alcohols (in the chemical sense). We use such alcohols for disinfecting all sorts of things. I doubt that ethanol (the kind of alcohol that humans generally are attracted to consume) would be used to wipe a smartphone.

May Allah, the Compassionate, Help us to understand His Will.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
saif-uddin
03-26-2015, 08:04 PM
Yes I'm aware of all of the above,

Best to avoid it, remove doubt, especially as there are non alcoholic alternatives,

:jz:

Abdullahh
03-26-2015, 10:48 PM
Call me crazy or extreme, but I'd get a new phone.

sister herb
03-27-2015, 10:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by American Muslim
Call me crazy or extreme, but I'd get a new phone.
And I would just take it away from my pocket while praying if that is the main problem.

Moshy
03-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Jazakallah for your answers

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!