/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need advice regarding using spare room

Fkhan0190
03-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Asalamualaikum

i wanted to ask what is the islamic way of using a room that havent been used for around 18 years in my house. It belonged to my brother in law who passed away at a very young age. Since then we havent used the room at all and open it only for cleaning.

Now, my son is of marrigible age and we wish to renovate that room so the new couple could use it.

Do I have to follow any procedures like reading any surah or ayats before bringing that room to use?

please help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ridwaan Ravat
03-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Wa alaikum salaam

Recite surah baqarah in the room as nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم has said "verily the devil runs away from a home in which surah baqarah is recited"

Also give azaan in all 4 corners.

May Allah bless you and your family

hisnameiszzz
03-25-2015, 10:12 PM
Personally, I don't think there is any special procedure you have to follow. Allah knows best thought.

However, if you have an Imam in your immediate area and they have time, you could always get them to come and make a dua in that room.

Whenever someone from my family has moved to a new house, there is a small event where we invite an Imam/Aalim, they pray salaah (I think there is a special name for the 2 rakaats he prays, but I can't for the live of me remember it), and then they make a 15 minute dua.

All the best to you and your family.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!