/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The truth about Sugar

BeTheChange
03-25-2015, 09:11 PM
Asalamualykum

I think this is an important documentary to share in sha Allah.

Forget how much sugar we add in our food, the documentary illustrates how much sugar is hidden in the foods that we buy, ultimately making us fat, unhealthy and possibly depressed.

Watch the documentary in sha Allah it's definitely worth your time!

I guarantee you won't look at sugar in the same way. Lets all look after the body that is given to us as a trust Ameen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-about-1-sugar

The Truth About...-1. Sugar

Journalist Fiona Phillips is on a mission to find out the truth behind the recent headlines on sugar.

She discovers why some of us have more of a sweet tooth than others, which sugars you can enjoy guilt-free, why there is so much sugar hidden in food you would think was purely savoury and what effect sugary drinks have on the appetite.

Fiona also helps four Brits, whose sugar-heavy diets could be putting their health at risk, to change their ways. From coming up with low-sugar recipes to finding ways to beat the sweet cravings, they will see whether cutting back to the levels suggested by health authorities is really achievable and what the benefits actually are.

As the dieters progress on their journey, it soon becomes clear that the transformations will be dramatic.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
03-25-2015, 10:46 PM
:jz: for the share.

Also the other day I was watching "Hungry for change". Really alarming documentary on the food we eat and nutrition.

M.I.A.
03-25-2015, 11:42 PM
80s kid here.. Grew up on crisps and sweets and computer games..

And I know I'm not the only one.

I think the problem is something other than sugar.

Iv literally only just started putting on weight and that's because iv been locked in a room for 10 months!!

Everything looks like weights now. O_o

BeTheChange
03-27-2015, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
:jz: for the share.

Also the other day I was watching "Hungry for change". Really alarming documentary on the food we eat and nutrition.

Your welcome :-)

Hmm...your video doesn't work, am getting an error message stating "the uploader has not made this video available in your country".

Does it work for you?

We also have episode 2 available now:- The Truth about...Calories!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...out-2-calories

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
03-27-2015, 11:04 PM
We humans have something same like dogs - I have looked my dachshund. She would eats herself dead if she can.

I have seen some documents about this matter. More than we eat sugar and fat, more we want.

:exhausted

strivingobserver98
03-28-2015, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Your welcome :-)

Hmm...your video doesn't work, am getting an error message stating "the uploader has not made this video available in your country".

Does it work for you?

We also have episode 2 available now:- The Truth about...Calories!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...out-2-calories
Video not working? That's strange. Mine was on Netflix.

introspective
03-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Too much sugar can cause non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD): http://www.alternet.org/personal-hea...ing-your-liver

BeTheChange
04-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Episode three is now out

The Truth about FAT!

Fat has a reputation as public health enemy number one. But is it really the devil we think? Recent headlines suggest that we may have got it all wrong, and that fat may not be as bad as we've long believed.

Dr Saleyha Ahsan cuts through the confusion and reveals the surprising science of fat.

She discovers that eating fat isn't the only culprit behind the nation's ever-expanding waistline and investigates some startling new research that suggests some saturated fats might even be good for our health.

A group of nine volunteers take Salehya's Big Fat Challenge to investigate the strange things that happen to our body and mind if we stop eating fat entirely.
And Saleyha discovers the fat hidden in sea water that could make the food of the future a lot healthier.

This programme shows how we can be smarter about fat if we know which ones we should really be eating and how much is good for us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...group=p02mp8jl

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!