/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question on selling xbox 360.

Moshy
03-27-2015, 02:10 PM
Most of my xbox games have hyper realistic human animation, such as your xbox avatar. Nabee pbuh said that all image makers will be in hell so i dont play the xbox these days. So my question is, can i sell it? will the money be halal?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
03-27-2015, 04:39 PM
What's difference between your xbox and your computer?. Both display picture when you turn on them, and do not display picture when you turn off them. Then if you can sell your computer, why can't you sell your xbox?.

Sell your xbox, and buy a bicycle. Have more activities in the real world.

http://www.islamicboard.com/family-a...eneration.html

hisnameiszzz
03-27-2015, 08:00 PM
You could always sell it and donate the money to charity. That is if you have enough money and won't end up in debt or not have enough money to go about your daily life.

strivingobserver98
03-27-2015, 08:55 PM
This is what Mufti Ebrahim Moosa said about it.

As-salaamu Alaykum

Adding to the conditions stipulated in the link given by brother Haroon, Video games are slightly different to board games in the sense that they include music and at times immoral images.

If the lack of such vices are assured either due to the game not having them or due to unyeilding staunchness in not allowing them then it is difficult to give a Haram fatwa on time-wasting alone.

Undoubtedly, it would be inconceivably better to not indulge in them especially if they are useless or promote immorality.

Games like grand theft auto, doom, Unreal tornament etc are extremely detested and border close to Haram as their most lenient ruling, whereas games such as football, racing etc acquire a more lenient ruling of Makrooh (provided no music),
Other games (like in the first answer by Mufti Muhammad Kadwa) which are educational can sometimes help children learn and are thus helpful (sadly these are not really found on the ps2, xbox, cube etc).

It would be better for you not to waste time on them, and if possible sell them to a person upon whom the laws of Islam do not apply, (i.e. non-Muslims). (The money earned if sold to them is not Haram).

Allah knows best.

Was-salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
03-27-2015, 09:08 PM
This concerns me:

"It would be better for you not to waste time on them, and if possible sell them to a person upon whom the laws of Islam do not apply, (i.e. non-Muslims). (The money earned if sold to them is not Haram)."

Aren´t all people under the laws of Islam? Have there some different rules at the Day of Judgement? Can we muslims sell something what is haram to us to non-muslims and think that they will do sins anyways, let (or even encourage) them to make more sin? They are our sisters and brothers whose might not yet found islam.

:phew

Ridwaan Ravat
03-28-2015, 02:54 AM
Assalamualykum

All games contain many elements which are against sharia:

1. Animations
2. Music
3. Detrimental to ones health
4. Influences towards violence

In the light of the above, scholars have ruled it as impermissible to sell or hire or open a store which facilitates gaming at a fee.

Allah knows best

Moshy
03-28-2015, 05:10 AM
So i see. Jazakallah for your answers all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!