and I would like some help about Salat.

1. I'm praying according like this:

Fajr = 2 rakah Sunnah and 2 rakah Fard
Dhur = 4 rakah Sunnah, 4 rakah Fard and 2 rakah Sunnah
Asr = 4 rakah Sunnah and 4 rakah
Maghrib = 3 rakah Fard and 2 rakah Sunnah
Isha = 4 rakah Sunnah, 4 rakah Fard, 2 rakah Sunnah and 3 rakah Witr

Am I doing Salat correct?

2. I have started reading the Holy Quran for the first time and I find in some Sura that it said: those who prays at night optional
(that means after the Isha, it can be very late at night or so, if I understod it right) this optional prayer will put them in a higher rank
infront of Allah. So I am wondering if I wanna pray an optional prayer, how do I say befor I start praying? Do I say:
I intend to pray 4 rakah (or more) optional for Allah facing Kabah?

3. Often you see muslims pray fast prayers when they are standing or sitting (without bowing position, prostration or jalsah) when the only put theyr hands up in the high of the head and then starting praying and they are facing any kind of direction. What are these
prayers called? how do you start such a prayer? do have to make wudu befor such a prayer? do you have to face Kabah on such a prayer?

thank you in advance

Ma Selam :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
03-28-2015, 07:56 AM
:wa:

bro , We have many threads on Salat , prayers . Pl. browse those . Insha' Allah u will find all answers there .

greenhill
03-28-2015, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaladinAbdullah
then starting praying and they are facing any kind of direction. What are these
prayers called?
I have never heard or seen this.

I cannot answer but it does not seem right to me. Perhaps someone else can answer. I'd like to know, too.

Welcome to the forum. I wish you a good stay. Yes, do browse through the threads and post your questions there..

:peace:

SaladinAbdullah
03-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Nr 1 its true like u are saying (there some threads about this) but there were many diffrents answers about that and I was looking for an surent answer. Nr 2 and 3 I have searched in the forum and I have not fond anything about this.

I am sorry if I wasted your time and thanks anyway

Ma Selam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
03-28-2015, 01:31 PM
2. I have started reading the Holy Quran for the first time and I find in some Sura that it said: those who prays at night optional
(that means after the Isha, it can be very late at night or so, if I understod it right) this optional prayer will put them in a higher rank
infront of Allah.
Mostly people would refer to this prayer as TAHAJJUD. This is the prayer that if we were to awaken from sleep in the middle of the night and we offer prayers.

:peace:

Signor
03-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

1. I'm praying according like this:

Fajr = 2 rakah Sunnah and 2 rakah Fard
Dhur = 4 rakah Sunnah, 4 rakah Fard and 2 rakah Sunnah
Asr = 4 rakah Sunnah and 4 rakah
Maghrib = 3 rakah Fard and 2 rakah Sunnah
Isha = 4 rakah Sunnah, 4 rakah Fard, 2 rakah Sunnah and 3 rakah Witr

Am I doing Salat correct?
This will help Insha Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/1...ml#post1603164

infront of Allah. So I am wondering if I wanna pray an optional prayer, how do I say befor I start praying? Do I say:
I intend to pray 4 rakah (or more) optional for Allah facing Kabah?
The tahajjud is just like a normal nafil [optional] prayer,so you make niyyah of 2 rakah nafil salah of tahajjud,similar to any other prayer.Rest of information could be found in the link below:

Right Way to Perform Tahajjud

3. Often you see muslims pray fast prayers when they are standing or sitting (without bowing position, prostration or jalsah) when the only put theyr hands up in the high of the head and then starting praying and they are facing any kind of direction. What are these
prayers called? how do you start such a prayer? do have to make wudu befor such a prayer? do you have to face Kabah on such a prayer?
Never heard of it.

AabiruSabeel
03-28-2015, 03:35 PM
:salam:

Welcome to Islamicboard.

I think what you are describing is known as Du'a.

Dua is just a supplication. It is done by raising the hands in front of one's face, facing the palms up towards the sky. Similar to the picture below:

I think these threads will help you in understanding the etiquette of Du'a:

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...adaab-dua.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...allah-dua.html

Ummshareef
03-29-2015, 01:20 PM
:wa: brother,

It is great to read that you have come to prayer and are asking these questions in order to improve.

I would just like to encourage you to continue on this path. Prayer is our daily connection with Allah swt and you must remember that Allah awaits and listens attentively to all our prayers, on an individual basis.

He will ALWAYS respond to them, though not necessarily in the way that you might expect or even recognise, but in the way that will be BEST for YOU.

Remember that our salah is the first thing we will be asked about on the Day of Judgement and is the main thing that separates us from the disbelievers, whose destiny is the Hellfire.

Try to develop kushoo in your prayer, which is about full concentration and sincerity, casting aside your worldly affairs and not rushing. Thinking of every prayer as if it were your last one - which it might well be - can be a helpful way of developing this attribute.

So given the above, try to ensure that prayer is at the very centre of your daily life - plan your day around them and let nothing get in the way or distract you.

Hope this helps. I wish we had more threads like this.

Abu Ametullah
03-29-2015, 02:02 PM
You doing great masallah
You are praying according to the rules of the Mazhab from abu Hanifa rahmetullay .
And 3raaka witr wat you pray after the Is a that's the 3raaka wat you can pray in the end of the night.
That's the way of the razuhl saws .

SaladinAbdullah
04-02-2015, 01:07 PM
بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful

I'm sorry for my late respond. I'm have received all the answers to my questions that I was seeking for.
Thank you brothers and sisters and may Allah bless u more and give u higher payment in the life hereafter,
for I'm TRULY GRATEFUL for u'r help.
And thank u for welcoming me here, I plan to stay here for a long time and as soon as I have read the whole
Holy Quran I'm goin to start some of the most interesting threads here, InshaAllah

May Allah bless and guide us all, ma selam :)

Moshy
04-08-2015, 03:01 PM
"Allaah will build a house in Heaven for whoever is diligent in observing 12 Sunnah Rak'aat (as follows): 4 Rak'aat before and 2 after the Dhuhr (Midday) Prayer, 2 after the Maghrib (Sunset Prayer), 2 after the ‘Ishaa’ (Evening) Prayer and 2 before the Fajr (Dawn) Prayer." Hadith sahih narrated by at-Tirmidhi No. 379 and by others. Hadith No. 6183 in Sahih al-Jaami’.

It is mustahab (preferable and recommended) to pray 4 sunah before asr prayer

"May Allaah have mercy on one who prays 4 raka’aat before the ‘Asr Prayer." Narrated by at-Tirmidhi no. 395 and he declared it a hassan and ghareeb Hadith.

Signor
04-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummshareef
Hope this helps. I wish we had more threads like this.
Your wish reminds me of Brother crimsontide06 who always jumps into thread about salaat and ask his own innocent questions Subhan Allah.I never ceased to amazed by his concerned behavior about his prayers.Here is an old thread started by him:

http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/1...salat-dua.html

If you have further questions,don't hesitate to ask Insha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!