/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does technology make us lazy?

Muhaba
03-28-2015, 11:18 AM
I was looking through a catalog and was surprised to see how many new things have been made to make life easier. What caught my eye was something that looked like a deep fryer gadget. I guess that means you don't have to stand and watch the food getting fried. You can just set the timer, close the lid, and let the gadget do the job. I think that's how it works. This saves a lot of time and effort. But what do we do with that time? Have we become lazier?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
03-28-2015, 11:50 AM
It depends on how you look at it, I suppose.

Many things have made life easier for us. Electricity for one, communications another, and advances in technology like this means that we can multitask better....if we want to....

Perhaps, we could do our solat whilst we wait for dinner to cook?

:D

:peace:

ardianto
03-29-2015, 12:04 AM
One day when I would wash my clothes I found my washing machine was not working. Then? ..... I washed my clothes by my hands. Yes, it did not make me lazy to wash my clothes.

Technology does not make people lazy, but technology spoil the lazy people.

sister herb
03-29-2015, 01:00 AM
While the era of technology here is still some matters we have done by same way like have done centuries. Like knitting. It takes time to knit wool socks and no technology makes it any faster when make it by hands.

:statisfie

It is good exercise to people whose wish that everything will be made by seconds.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummshareef
03-29-2015, 01:26 PM
:sl:

Technology frees up time and effort to do other more valuable things, like learning Islam.

I also have found technology invaluable on my journey to find out about Islam and have learned much, much faster than I would have without the internet.

Muhaba
03-29-2015, 02:30 PM
It's true that technology helps you do things faster and saves time which can then be used to do other beneficial things. But if that time is wasted on useless things or doing nothing then it makes us lazy.

So how can we ensure that we use that time wisely?

Muhaba
03-29-2015, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
While the era of technology here is still some matters we have done by same way like have done centuries. Like knitting. It takes time to knit wool socks and no technology makes it any faster when make it by hands.

:statisfie

It is good exercise to people whose wish that everything will be made by seconds.
Sister, lol there are machines for knitting. Don't know if you can use them to make socks though.

ardianto
03-29-2015, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhaba
It's true that technology helps you do things faster and saves time which can then be used to do other beneficial things. But if that time is wasted on useless things or doing nothing then it makes us lazy.

So how can we ensure that we use that time wisely?
Sis, if you are a diligent person, then you will use your time to do other beneficial thing. But if you are a lazy person, indeed you will be spoiled by this technology and choose to just relax.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!