/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Witr in isha prayer

usamatahir158
03-31-2015, 04:22 PM
Whether I can pray one raka in witr nimaz?according to sahih Ahadees??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
فصيح الياسين
03-31-2015, 05:06 PM
Which imam do you follow? Maliki?

MuslimInshallah
03-31-2015, 08:27 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I found the following. Perhaps it might be useful to you.

May Allah, the Magnificent, Bless you for your efforts to please Him.

The Witr Prayer: A Prayer with Many Forms

• Sheikh Rashîd al-Hasan, professor at King Khâlid University
    Sun, 06/19/2011

It is authenticated in the Sunnah that the Prophet (peace be upon him) offered the Witr prayer in various ways. On occasion, he offered it as a single unit of prayer. At other times, he prayed three, five, seven, or nine units.

There were two different ways that he would offer the three-unit Witr prayer. At times, he would offer all three units of prayer together and then sit for one tashahhud at the end. At other times, he would offer two units of prayer, then sit for tashahud. After that he would complete the two unit prayer with a taslîm. Then he would stand and pray one more unit on its own with another tashahhud and taslîm.

He did not offer the Witr prayer in the same manner that the Maghrib prayer is to be prayed – a single three-unit prayer with two sittings for tashahhud and a single taslîm at the end. In fact, he forbade offering the Witr prayer in this manner, saying: “Do not pray Witr in three units in the same manner as Maghrib.” [Mustadrak al-Hâkim (1/304) and Sunan al-Bayhaqî (3/31)]

Ibn Hajr al-`Asqalânî says about this hadîth: “Its line of transmission meets the conditions of authenticity imposed by al-Bukhârî and Muslim.” [Fath al-Bârî (4/301)]

There is flexibility as to the number of units that can be offered for the Witr prayer, though it must be an odd number. Whoever prays one, three, five, seven or nine units of prayer will be following the Sunnah.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Witr prayer is essential for every Muslim. Whoever wants to offer it in five may do so, whoever wants to offer it in three may do so, and whoever wants to offer it in one may do so.” [Sunan Abî Dâwûd (1422), Sunan al-Nasâ’î (1710) and Sunan Ibn Mâjah (1190)]

There is no objection in this issue. This is a flexible matter and no limitation has been imposed.

For the whole article: http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-384-4105.htm

greenhill
04-01-2015, 12:19 AM
After doing the witr prayer, I am told that no other prayer comes after that. Meaning your next prayer will be the dawn prayer.

How does that affect the Tahajjud prayer?

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
04-01-2015, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by usamatahir158
Whether I can pray one raka in witr nimaz?according to sahih Ahadees??
Assalamualaikum.

There is khilafiyah (difference of opinion) in fiqh regarding to perform witr only in one raka. Shafi'i madhab and some Hanbali allow witr with only one raka, while Hanafi and some Hanbali forbid it. I don't know position of Maliki and non-Madhab in this matter.

But brother, since there is khilafiyah in witr with only one raka, I suggest you to ask your Islamic teacher or your local imam, because members in this forum maybe follow different madhab than yours.

MuslimInshallah
04-01-2015, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
After doing the witr prayer, I am told that no other prayer comes after that. Meaning your next prayer will be the dawn prayer.

How does that affect the Tahajjud prayer?

:peace:

Assalaamu alaikum greenhill,

(smile) I hope the following may answer your question.

May Allah, the Generous, Bless you for your pertinent and useful questions that help us in our efforts to Please Allah.

Question

I know that the Witr prayer is ideally supposed to be the last prayer of the night. However, is that just a preference, or is it forbidden to offer prayers after Witr? I want to offer Witr before I go to sleep to make sure that I do not miss it. Does this mean that I cannot wake up and pray Tahajjud at night?

Answered by

the Fatwa Department Research Committee - chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî

It is preferable to offer the Witr prayer as the last prayer in the night. It is preferably offered after performing Tahajjud. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The night prayer is two units then two units then if the one of you expects the coming of the morning prayer, he can pray one unit to make odd the number that he had prayed”.

Aishah said: “The Prophet (peace be upon him) never prayed more than eleven units, whether in Ramadan or in other times. He used to pray four – do not ask how perfect and long were they – then he would pray four, do not ask how perfect and long were they – then he would pray three.” [Sahih al-Bukhârî (1147) and Sahîh Muslim (738)]

If you have completed your witr prayer after performing the `Isha’ prayer, it does not make other prayers unlawful or undesirable. You may still pray Qiyâm al-Layl (Tahajjud) later on. In fact, these prayers are still encouraged.

This is in accordance with the saying of Abû Bakr al-Siddîq. He used to offer the Witr prayer early in the night and say: “I have done my share, and I look forward to offering more voluntary prayers.”

However, in this case you should perform all of your night prayers as sets of two units and not perform another Witr prayer at the end. You may not pray more than one Witr prayer in a single night.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “There should not be two Witr prayers in one night.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (470)]

And Allah knows best.

Source: http://en.islamtoday.net/node/1879

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!