/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Here they invite, at there they reject

ardianto
04-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Although Indonesia is the country with largest number of Muslims, there are Muslims who just "Muslim by name". They do not perform salah, do not fast in Ramadan, and of course, never go to masjid. And among the practicing Muslims, there are those who are lazy to go to masjid and prefer to perform salah at home.

So, the challenge for brothers and sisters in Indonesia is invite Muslims to come to masjid. They have done many things such as doing "go to masjid campaign", make the masjid more comfortable, until controversial way like giving car as prize for the winner of "salah in masjid" contest (it's true!).

Meanwhile, I hear in the West there are Muslims who feel rejected from masjid by attitude of other Muslims who scold them due to have no beard, or because their dressing style do not matched with what the Iman want, or because some other reasons.

Frankly, I see it as irony. In my place brothers and sisters must struggle hard to convince people to come to masjid, while in another place they reject people who already come to masjid.

What the ......... ^o)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
04-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Its always the same..

Its like the analogy of the racist.. Who rejects people of other colour and wishes to see them away from his land.

And if they finally had it there way...

They would pick on the ginger kids.

Or people with different accents.

...its a strange world.

Signor
04-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Frankly, I see it as irony. In my place brothers and sisters must struggle hard to convince people to come to masjid, while in another place they reject people who already come to masjid.

What the .........
Do you and your real brother are the same(in each and every way)?

Do both of you share the same level of eeman?

Off course not...then there so many factors to consider like preferences(why you help when you can get paid for that hour by doing a job),compromises(Not today but tomorrow),perceptions(stereotypes),personal ambitions,Ignorance to the basics of our deen(its a Major one),a few which are on top of my head right now.

I hope it helps my bro.:)

ardianto
04-02-2015, 05:36 PM
I know personally with few people who had bad behavior in the past but then they got feeling want to go to masjid. In masjid they felt peace that made them close to Allah, and finally they leave their wrong behavior and turn into good Muslims.

Imagine if they were rejected from masjid just because other people knew them as bad people. Probably they would still in the wrong behavior and would never turn into good Muslims.

Masjid is not only for the good Muslims, but also for those who want to be good Muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
04-02-2015, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
Assalamu Alaikum

Do you and your real brother are the same(in each and every way)?

Do both of you share the same level of eeman?

Off course not...then there so many factors to consider like preferences(why you help when you can get paid for that hour by doing a job),compromises(Not today but tomorrow),perceptions(stereotypes),personal ambitions,Ignorance to the basics of our deen(its a Major one),a few which are on top of my head right now.

I hope it helps my bro.:)
Wa'alaikumsalam.

I think the difference is in mindset.

In my place if someone with tattoo and had 'thug appearance' came to masjid and perform salah, people would see him with positive view, as someone who try to be a good Muslim. So, why doesn't he welcomed well and given a chance to become good Muslim?.

But in another place if a man like this came to masjid and perform salah, maybe the Iman worry that other jamaah would think it's okay to have tattoo and become thug.

BeTheChange
04-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Asalamualykum

I think you will find that everywhere.

Some individuals grow up with the most 'strictest' religious parents and lose interest in religion because it has been forced upon them and others have non religious parents who are so devoted to Islam .Alhamdulilah.

It is an amazing sacrifice to spend your day encouraged other Muslims to continue striving in the path of Islam.

However, i also think we should practice what we preach and as human beings we learn best by the unconscious behaviours and practices that we pick up. So for example, at work people have a bad habit of speaking about others behind their backs. Every time someone attempts to talk about someone i either stay quite or i kindly remind them that it is not good practice to do this. When people see me they now either talk about themselves or me and that's how i like the conversation to flow. Anyways, the main reason why am sharing this example is because this one Muslim girl approached me and thanked me and said to me she has become a better practising muslim & is more aware of her actions because of my behavior and what we used to talk about during breaks & lunches.

This is just one small example. Even though it's a small short interaction you still have an opportunity to change another human being's mindset and change the way you deliver the dawah according to the person. :statisfie

I read a hadith once and it stated the further the generation from the Prophet SAW the further they will be from Islam imsad.

On a positive note, we should focus on ourselves, our family and then reach out to the community. Am still working on myself and family...

May Allah swa help us all reach our personal goals Ameen

MuslimInshallah
04-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) I thought the following ahadith might be useful for contemplation of this question.

May Allah, the Repeatedly Forgiving, Help us to behave in a wise and kind manner towards the descendants of Adam (AS) who seek Guidance.

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Make things easy and do not make them difficult, cheer the people up by conveying glad tidings to them and do not repulse (them)."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

وعن أنس رضي الله عنه عن النبى صلى الله عليه وسلم قال‏:‏ “يسروا ولا تعسروا وبشروا ولا تنفروا ‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏
Narrated Abu Huraira:

A bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ordered them to leave him and pour a bucket or a tumbler (full) of water over the place where he has passed urine. The Prophet then said, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them."

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الْيَمَانِ، أَخْبَرَنَا شُعَيْبٌ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، ح وَقَالَ اللَّيْثُ حَدَّثَنِي يُونُسُ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُتْبَةَ، أَنَّ أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ، أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ أَعْرَابِيًّا بَالَ فِي الْمَسْجِدِ، فَثَارَ إِلَيْهِ النَّاسُ لِيَقَعُوا بِهِ فَقَالَ لَهُمْ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ دَعُوهُ، وَأَهْرِيقُوا عَلَى بَوْلِهِ ذَنُوبًا مِنْ مَاءٍ ـ أَوْ سَجْلاً مِنْ مَاءٍ ـ فَإِنَّمَا بُعِثْتُمْ مُيَسِّرِينَ، وَلَمْ تُبْعَثُوا مُعَسِّرِينَ ‏"‏‏.‏
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 6128
In-book reference : Book 78, Hadith 155
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 8, Book 73, Hadith 149
(deprecated numbering scheme)

Arabic/English book reference : Book 1, Hadith 637

Source: http://sunnah.com/search/?q=make+thi...+not+difficult (there are more ahadith in this vein that might be of interest for those wishing to investigate this point further)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!