/* */

PDA

View Full Version : People asking to be part of haraam (music

legendaryman
04-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Few months before I don't know anything about haram, halal..this is because my surroundings (people) are like that, they even don't pray salah ,but now by the god grace I have sufficient knowledge ..
The problem is, know I have sufficient knowledge but people of my surroundings (all including my brothers, cousin's, etc) ?have not changed yet,...
Now some times my brother and my neighbors say to fill some music in his phone. How to handle. ..??and sometimes my another brother says get me tobacco, which is haraam...
And another thing is I have filled memory card with lots of songs and given to one of my sister, at that I was not aware of that haraam...but now she listen it ..I said her many times music is haraam ..but no luck ...do I also equal in this sin..
I live in non Muslim country ..how do handle such situations as all people love me and take care me[emoji27]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
04-04-2015, 03:55 PM
There is no easy answer for you, I'm afraid. imsad . . . But the good thing is that you have realised. Let's start there.

There will always be family dynamics and it will be impossible to give advice on how to deal with them.

Mine will be an approach where I do it for myself and learn for myself first. I would 'share what I learnt and leave it at that. I would not try convince them but just try to improve myself. They will see a change and in syaa Allah will not get turned off by the constant talk of haram and punishment and hell etc.

Be the example. They'll grow to know what's right and wrong just by your examples.

Then they might start to ask...

Don't freak them out by suddenly becoming Ayatollah of the house..;D

:peace:

Muhaba
04-05-2015, 04:19 AM
You can do dawah and give them an alternative to listen to, like Quran recitation. Nasheed also are a good alternative.

Regarding your sister, just do dawah to her. Since you've informed her that music is haram, in sha Allah you won't get sin because of her listening to music. If possible, take the memory card back and delete the music and replace with other stuff.

islamfriend
04-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Tell them about your religion:statisfie. Tell them what is haram and halal and maybe they will understand!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Moshy
04-09-2015, 10:54 AM
If you are unable to get this sister to delete the music, then ask for Allah's forgiveness, inshallah Allah will forgive you. If your friends tell you to have something haram, say no and tell them why you wont take it. They may probably understand. :)

Scimitar
04-09-2015, 02:20 PM
best way to avoid haram and the temptation of it is to change the company you keep - keep with good company who reflect your own choices and aspirations and you will enjoy more, learn more and feel more secure.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!