/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Definition of charismatic person?.

ardianto
04-04-2015, 05:24 PM
:sl:

Today when I visited a grocery store someone greeted me. I didn't know him, but he gave me a 'clue' that made me remember something, an electrical shop near my friend's office. I remember, few times I visited that electrical shop and talked with the owner although only for one or few moments and without formally be acquainted. He is the owner of that electrical shop. But to be honest, I have forgotten his face because that's happened 16 years ago!.

Then we started to talk like two old friends which he dominated the conversation. But in one occasion I told him, "I am not good in remember someone. Often happen, someone greet me and he say he remember me, but I didn't remember him. Yeah, people say I am a person who easily remembered" . He smile, then he told me "People always remember the charismatic person, and you are charismatic person, you are calm person".

Am I a charismatic person?. I never feel like this. Even my personality actually contrast with the definition of charismatic person that I know. Then, am I a calm person?. I think yes, because people always describe me like this.

I often hear about charismatic figures which always described as someone who has 'power' to make people follow him, good in speaking which people always listen to him. The charismatic person always become center of attention, has great sense of leadership, and always take initiative to lead other people. While I am just a calm person who is not good in speaking and always take position as listener in every conversation. I am also not a person who like to become center of attention, and not the type of leader.

But there is something that always make me grateful. I am easy to get new acquaintance, and even new friend. Even often enough happen, in public place someone talked to me and then we get acquainted, which initiative to start conversation was always not from me.

Frankly, what that electrical shop owner has said about me makes me begin to think that there is another definition of charismatic person that different that definition that I know. Probably calmness is a charisma too.

Okay, brothers, sisters, what is your definition of charismatic person?. And do you think that calmness is a charisma?.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
04-05-2015, 10:55 AM
From the Web. Charisma is defined as "compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others".

Compelling attractiveness .. means it could be anything that makes a person stand out which influences and attracts people at the same time.

I've never been very charismatic...maybe asthmatic at times, haha but my younger has no problems in being the charismatic one. In my opinion, this is something you either have, or don't have. Not easy to put on.

So, br. Ardianto, it must be that you have natural charisma. :D

:peace:

ardianto
04-05-2015, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
From the Web. Charisma is defined as "compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others".

Compelling attractiveness .. means it could be anything that makes a person stand out which influences and attracts people at the same time.

I've never been very charismatic...maybe asthmatic at times, haha but my younger has no problems in being the charismatic one. In my opinion, this is something you either have, or don't have. Not easy to put on.

So, br. Ardianto, it must be that you have natural charisma. :D

:peace:
I never regard myself as charismatic person, especially because criteria of charismatic person is totally different that my character and personality. I am not type of leader, I am not person who obeyed or followed by the other, also not a person who become center of attention.

But indeed, since long time ago I have realized that there is something in me that makes people give special attention and always remember me, in personal level. I mean, although I am not being the center of attention in public level, someone who interact with me usually give special attention to me.

I have ever asked about it to my late wife few times, but she never gave me clear answer, only laugh and told me that is because I easily remembered. However, after the man who met me in shop told me that I am charismatic person, I am calm person, I began to thinking that my calm personality is something that make the others easy to remember me.

Okay bro, I want to know your view. Does someone with calm personality look different than mostly people?.

Scimitar
04-05-2015, 07:50 PM
subjective argument,

what one may find charismatic, another may find annoying.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
04-05-2015, 08:23 PM
I remember a saying like "People will forget what you say, they forget what you do but they will never forget how you make them to feel." Maybe a charismatic person is the one who by his/hers behaving makes other people feel good and pleased and because of this good feeling, they remember kind of person and call him/her as charismatic one.

Be happy if you are kind of person - its blessing from Allah to make others feel well. :statisfie

ardianto
04-05-2015, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I remember a saying like "People will forget what you say, they forget what you do but they will never forget how you make them to feel." Maybe a charismatic person is the one who by his/hers behaving makes other people feel good and pleased and because of this good feeling, they remember kind of person and call him/her as charismatic one.

Be happy if you are kind of person - its blessing from Allah to make others feel well. :statisfie
My calmness is built based on attitude which I believe that humans are equal. That's why I never feel inferior toward those who are 'higher' than me, and never feel superior toward those who are 'lower' than me.

If we didn't have attitude which we believe that humans are equal, indeed, we would not have calmness in interaction with other people. But we would be dazzled when we interact someone who is 'higher' than us, and would look down when we interact with someone who is 'lower' than us.

I always regard the attitude that I have is just something usual until I met and talk with that electrical shop owner. I tried to remember the people that I have seen and I began to realize that the attitude like I have actually is something rare among people.

Alhamdulillah, I am happy because I have attitude like this, and In Shaa Allah, I will always maintain it. I hope other people can have attitude like this too.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!