/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The status of muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam in the Holy Qur"aan

OmAbdullah
04-04-2015, 09:46 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

The status of Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam in the Holy Qur”aan

Hadhrat Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam is the Final of the Prophets and Final of the Messengers.
Allah Almighty said in surah Al Ahzaab verse 40:
Muhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and Final of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing.

Hadeeth Shareef

The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) said: “Laa nabiyya ba’di”

Translation: “There is no prophet after me”.

Allah Almighty and angels send salaat on him.

Allah Almighty said in Surah Al Ahzaab verse 56:

Lo! Allah and His angels shower blessings on the Prophet. O ye who believe! Ask blessings on him and salute him with a worthy salutation.

In this verse Allah also ordered the believers to send blessings and salutation on him. Therefore it is obligation on us (Muslims) that whenever we hear this verse 56 of the surah Al Ahzaab, we must ask for the blessings of Allah and salutation on him salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam.

According to a hadeeth shareef, whenever we hear the name of Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam, we must ask Allah to send blessings and salutation on him otherwise on the Day of Judgment we will not be able to see him although his face will be shining…… (I forgot the rest of the hadeeth).
May Allah make us from those who are very close to him and see his shining face on the Day of Judgment, aameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Link
04-04-2015, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nbegam

The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) said: “Laa nabiyya ba’di”
Can I get the source of this hadith. Thanks.
In this verse Allah also ordered the believers to send blessings and salutation on him. Therefore it is obligation on us (Muslims) that whenever we hear this verse 56 of the surah Al Ahzaab, we must ask for the blessings of Allah and salutation on him salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam.

God bless Mohammad and the family of Mohammad just as you blessed Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim indeed you are Praiseworthy Majestic.

I think he taught us to include his family too, so we must bless him and his family, whenever we bless him.

Signor
04-05-2015, 06:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Link
Can I get the source of this hadith. Thanks.
Here is the complete Arabic version:

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2r4hflu.jpg

And the translation is

Thawban said, "The Prophet said, 'There will be 30 liars among my Ummah.Each one will claim that he is a prophet; but I am the last of the Prophets (Seal of the Prophets), and there will be no Prophet after me.'" (Ahmad.)

Sis nbegum,Whenever you post Hadith or Quranic verses,post them with reference.

OmAbdullah
04-05-2015, 07:16 PM
The character of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was at the highest level of excellence! Allah Almighty said in the verses 3 and 4 of surah Al-Qalam:

3. And verily, for you (O Muhammad SAW) will be an endless reward.

4. And verily, you (O Muhammad SAW) are on an exalted standard of character.

The other translation of verse 4 is:
4. And most surely you conform (yourself) to sublime morality.

The verse 3 confirms for Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم an endless reward from Allah Almighty.

To prove that we love Allah سبحانه و تعالىwe must obey Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم . Read the translation of verses 31 and 32 of surah Aali- Imran:

31. Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind): "If you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Quran and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

32. Say: "Obey Allah and His Messenger": But if they turn back, Allah loveth not those who reject Faith.

The verse 31 tells us that to prove our love for Allah, we must follow Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم .

The verse 32 further emphasizes that we have to follow Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم along with obedience to Allah. Anyone who fails to do that will be kafir.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
OmAbdullah
04-07-2015, 07:19 PM
The obedience of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is the obedience of Allah. Allah Almighty said in the surah Al-Nisaa verse 80:

80. He, who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), has indeed obeyed Allah, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) as a watcher over them.

Anyone who does not accept the decision of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم in his worldly disputes, is not a believer. Allah Almighty said in surah Al-Nisaa verse 65:

But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad SAW) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.

Also we must note in this aayah that we Muslims must accept his صلى الله عليه وسلم judgment with full submission without any resistance against it in our hearts/minds.

OmAbdullah
04-09-2015, 10:52 PM
The Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is given Maqaam Mahmood i.e. a laudable position both here and in the Hereafter.
Allah Almighty said in the surah Bani Israa’eel ( (بني إسرآئيل verse 79:

79. And in some parts of the night (also) offer the Salat (prayer) with it (i.e. recite the Quran in the prayer), as an additional prayer (Tahajjud optional prayer Nawafil) for you (O Muhammad SAW). It may be that your Lord will raise you to Maqaman Mahmuda (a station of praise and glory, i.e. the highest degree in Paradise!).

The other name of this surah is Al-Is’ra.

In the Hereafter, on the Day of Resurrection, the exaltation of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم to the high position of intercession is also a part of that laudable position.

See The Meaning of The Qur’an volume 2, S.ABUL A’LA MAUDUDI
Surah بنى إسرآئيل verse 79, exp. Note 98.

The Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم shall be witness on us on the Day of Accounting.

Allah Almighty said in surah Al-Nisaa verse 41:

41. How (will it be) then, when We bring from each nation a witness and We bring you (O Muhammad SAW) as a witness against these people?

In the commentary of this verse it was mentioned that a companion was reciting this surah to Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم , when he reached this verse, the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) wept and advised him to stop recitation.

Thus we can imagine the HARDNESS OF THE DAY OF JUDGMENT, AND WE MUST WEEP A LOT AND TAKE HEED.

Muslim75
04-13-2015, 02:09 PM
The first time Jibril (peace on him) came to Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), he told Muhammad: "read". He told him that 3 times. Muhammad does not know how to read.

Surah 9 starts without the Name of Allah. It starts without Bismillah Rahman Rahim. It ends with two verses in praise of Muhammad.

The status of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) in the Qur'an is clear and obvious.

OmAbdullah
04-13-2015, 10:07 PM
The Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم will be a witness on us as Allah سبحانه وتعالى said in the verse 143 of surah Al-Baqarah:

143. Thus We have appointed you a middle nation, that ye may be witnesses against mankind, and that the messenger may be a witness against you. And We appointed the qiblah which ye formerly observed only that We might know him who followeth the messenger, from him who turneth on his heels. In truth it was a hard (test) save for those whom Allah guided. But it was not Allah's purpose that your faith should be in vain, for Allah is Full of Pity, Merciful toward mankind.

According to this verse we (Muslims ) are the Ummati wasat. The word wasat has wast meaning. Here from the verse it is clear that we are a middle nation between the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) and the nations/people around us. The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) conveyed the message of Allah to us in the form of the Holy Quraan and his Sunnah. So he will be a witness to Allah on the Day of Judgment that he had conveyed the message to us. Then it became our duty to convey the same message to all people. If we do the duty then we will be witnesses on the people to whom we conveyed the message. In case our Muslims fail to do the duty ( because of their deep involvement in the worldly enjoyment) then they will be questioned and justice will be done against them.

Please remember that people will be taken to Hell due to Allah’s Justice, while God- fearing Muslims will be entered Paradise due to Allah’s Mercy.

We are ordered to convey the message even if we know a single ayah of the Holy Quraan. May Allah protect us from disgrace on that very hard Day. Aameen. May Allah enable us all to understand the Holy Quraan and Sunnah, to practice it and to convey it to all people as much as we can, to the best of our efforts, aameen.

OmAbdullah
04-13-2015, 10:09 PM
The Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم will be a witness on us as Allah سبحانه وتعالى said in the verse 41of surah Al-Nisaa:

41. So how [will it be] when We bring from every nation a witness and we bring you, [O Muhammad] against these [people] as a witness?

In the commentary of this verse BY S. ABUL A'LA MAUDUDI it was mentioned that a companion was reciting this surah to Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم , when he reached this verse, the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) wept and advised him to stop recitation.
Thus we can imagine the HARDNESS OF THE DAY OF JUDGMENT, AND WE MUST WEEP A LOT AND TAKE HEED.
Also we can imagine the love of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم
for his Ummah.

Please remember that people will be taken to Hell due to Allah’s Justice, while God- fearing Muslims will be entered Paradise due to Allah’s Mercy.

OmAbdullah
04-13-2015, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim75
The first time Jibril (peace on him) came to Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), he told Muhammad: "read". He told him that 3 times. Muhammad does not know how to read.

Surah 9 starts without the Name of Allah. It starts without Bismillah Rahman Rahim. It ends with two verses in praise of Muhammad.

The status of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) in the Qur'an is clear and obvious.
Salaam,

1. Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was illiterate in the beginning and couldn't read but then Allah gave him tremendous knowledge and it was he who taught all of the companions.

2. The 9th surah ( التوبة) doesn't have Bismillahi-r- Rahmani-r- Rahim because Allah didn't reveal it in the beginning of surah Al-Tawbah. The reason for that was because Allah started this surah with the announcement of breaking the treaty of peace with those idolaters who were not acting upon the treaty. So Allah informed them that the peace treaty from Allah and Allah's Messenger also ended. As بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم has the names of Allah which show Allah's mercy, therefore it was not mentioned in the beginning of this surah (Al-Tawbah)

3. What is the praise of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم in the last 2 verses. In the first verse of these Allah informed us about Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم 's love for his Ummah. In the last verse Allah told him a du'aa in case the people turn away from him. Here is the translation of the last 2 verses of surah Al- Tawbah:

Certainly, a Messenger has come to you from among you. He grieves at your (spiritual) loss, he is exceedingly anxious for your (true) success, he is gentle and compassionate for the believers; now if they turn away from you, say to them (O Prophet) "Allah is sufficient for me, there is no God but HE, in HIM have I put my trust, HE is The Lord of The Great Thrown."

surah Al-Tawbah verses 128, 129.

Muslim75
04-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Salaam,

1. Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was illiterate in the beginning and couldn't read but then Allah gave him tremendous knowledge and it was he who taught all of the companions.

2. The 9th surah ( التوبة) doesn't have Bismillahi-r- Rahmani-r- Rahim because Allah didn't reveal it in the beginning of surah Al-Tawbah. The reason for that was because Allah started this surah with the announcement of breaking the treaty of peace with those idolaters who were not acting upon the treaty. So Allah informed them that the peace treaty from Allah and Allah's Messenger also ended. As بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم has the names of Allah which show Allah's mercy, therefore it was not mentioned in the beginning of this surah (Al-Tawbah)

3. What is the praise of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم in the last 2 verses. In the first verse of these Allah informed us about Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم 's love for his Ummah. In the last verse Allah told him a du'aa in case the people turn away from him. Here is the translation of the last 2 verses of surah Al- Tawbah:

Certainly, a Messenger has come to you from among you. He grieves at your (spiritual) loss, he is exceedingly anxious for your (true) success, he is gentle and compassionate for the believers; now if they turn away from you, say to them (O Prophet) "Allah is sufficient for me, there is no God but HE, in HIM have I put my trust, HE is The Lord of The Great Thrown."

surah Al-Tawbah verses 128, 129.

Do you not find in the Qur'an:

"Said one who had knowledge of the Book: I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!"

This is not even about the Qur'an, but the Zabur.

Do find in the Qur'an:

"When the Hypocrites come to thee, they say, "We bear witness that thou art indeed the Messenger of Allah." Yea, Allah knoweth that thou art indeed His Messenger, and Allah beareth witness that the Hypocrites are indeed liars."

Insaanah
04-14-2015, 06:50 PM
:salam:

Do you not find in the Qur'an:

"Said one who had knowledge of the Book: I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!"

This is not even about the Qur'an, but the Zabur.

Do find in the Qur'an:

"When the Hypocrites come to thee, they say, "We bear witness that thou art indeed the Messenger of Allah." Yea, Allah knoweth that thou art indeed His Messenger, and Allah beareth witness that the Hypocrites are indeed liars."
The sister has created this thread about the status of the Prophet :saws:. Pardon my ignorance, but how do the above verses relate to the topic?

OmAbdullah
04-14-2015, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
:salam:

The sister has created this thread about the status of the Prophet :saws:. Pardon my ignorance, but how do the above verses relate to the topic?

جزاك الله خيرا كثيرا كثيرا

greenhill
04-15-2015, 10:07 AM
I'd like to relate a story told to me by a member of a tabliq group who happened to be in a mosque that had a guest speaker. He is of the tribe that turn their backs when at a time of need, rasulullah went to them for the assistance they had promised. Instead they chased him out. Some threw stones. And it drew blood.

Jibrail rushed to his side and told the prophet something like 'if you just say the word, I'll destroy these people ' and the prophet replied 'but I'm sent as a mercy,....'

And then the speaker went on to say- had the prophet then said 'yes, destroy them!' that he (the speaker) would not be there, in that mosque that night. And that the next generation (that turned their backs) became Muslims.. AllahuAkhbar

What a big man..

:peace:

OmAbdullah
04-15-2015, 09:15 PM
The Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم shall be witness on our Muslim Ummah as Allah Almighty said in the surah Al- Muzzammil verses 15 to 17:

Verily, We have sent to you (O men) a Messenger (Muhammad SAW) to be a witness over you, as We did send a Messenger [Musa (Moses)] to Fir'aun (Pharaoh).

But Fir'aun (Pharaoh) disobeyed the Messenger [Musa (Moses)], so We seized him with a severe punishment.

Then how can you fear, if you disbelieve, a Day that will make the children white- haired?

Another translation of the verse 17 is:

How, then, will you guard yourselves, if you disbelieve, on the day which shall make children grey-headed?

In this verse Allah Almighty addressed the people ( us all ) and gave us a very strict warning by reminding us the case of Pharaoh. Allah Almighty had sent to him the Prophet Musa (Moses ) عليه السلام and he (Pharaoh) denied and rejected the Prophet Musa عليه السلام, the result was that Allah Almighty drowned him and his army in the river/ocean in front of Musa عليه السلام and the children of Isra’eel.

Pharaoh was a king who was very cruel to the Muslims of that time. Allah preserved his body as well as the bodies of his chiefs and his army to be a source of lesson to mankind in future.

So in these verses is a very special lesson for the Pharaoh-like chiefs. Although all man-kind ( including males and females ) are warned but especially men because in Islam man is the ruler of his family in general, and he is the ruler of a country in particular.

Muslim75
04-17-2015, 07:40 PM

I will add that:

The Qur'an said about Musa (peace on him): "By no means canst thou see me" (Surah 7, V 143)

But the Qur'an says about Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family):

"And was at a distance of but two bow-lengths or (even) nearer" (Surah 53, V 9) and

"(His) sight never swerved, nor did it go wrong" (Surah 53, V 17)

So seeing Allah Azza Wa Jall is possible for Muhammad (peace be upon him and family). He has a most special holy status before Allah.

Insaanah
04-17-2015, 08:19 PM
I will add that:

The Qur'an said about Musa (peace on him): "By no means canst thou see me" (Surah 7, V 143)

But the Qur'an says about Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family):

"And was at a distance of but two bow-lengths or (even) nearer" (Surah 53, V 9) and

"(His) sight never swerved, nor did it go wrong" (Surah 53, V 17)

So seeing Allah Azza Wa Jall is possible for Muhammad (peace be upon him and family). He has a most special holy status before Allah.
Did Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) See Allah?

Some Muslims have felt that an exception was made in the case of the last of the Prophets, Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) whom Allah caused to travel up through the heavens and go even beyond the point where angels were allowed to go. But when his wife, 'Aisha [radhiallahu anha (RA)], was asked by Masrouq, if Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) had seen his Lord, she replied, "My hair is standing on end because of what you have asked! Whoever tells you that Muhammad saw his Lord has lied!" (Sahih Muslim 337 and 339)

And when Abu Dharr asked the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) if he saw his Lord, the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) replied, "There was only light, how could I see Him." (Sahih Muslim 341) The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) on another occasion explained the significance of the light and that it was not Allah himself, saying,

"Verily Allah does not sleep nor is it befitting Him to sleep. He is the One Who lowers the scales and raises them. The deeds of the night go up to Him before the deeds of the day and those of the day before those of the night, and His veil is light." (Sahih Muslim 343)

Thus, it can be said with certainty that the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) like the prophets before him, did not see Allah, Most Great and Gracious, in this life.

The meaning of Surah an-Najm

Some people use the following verses in Surah an-Najm to support the claim that Prophet Muhammad :saws: saw Allah:

"When he was on the uppermost horizon. Then he came close and descended. Until he was two bows lengths away or closer. And He revealed to His slave that which He revealed. The he art did not lie about what it saw. Will you argue with him about what he saw? And verily he saw him yet another time. By the lote-tree of the uppermost boundary." (Qur'an 53: 7-14)

They assert that these verses are in reference to the Prophet Muhammad :saws: seeing Allah. However, when Masruq asked the Prophet's wife 'A'ishah (radiyallu anha), about these verses she replied, "I was the first person from this Ummah (Muslim nation) to ask the Messenger of Allah :saws: about that and he replied:

'Verily it was Jibreel (Gabriel), may Allah's peace be on him. I never saw him in the form in which he was created except these two times; I saw him descending from the heavens and the greatness of his size filled all that was between the sky and the earth.'" 'A'ishah radiyallahu anha then said, "Haven't you heard that Allah, the Most High, said,

"Eyes cannot catch Him but He catches all eyes. He is the Subtle, the Aware?" (6:103)

And haven't you heard that Allah said, "Allah will not speak to any man except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by sending a messenger [Angel]?" (42:51)
(Sahih Muslim)

Accordingly, the verses from Surah an-Najm, when considered in the light of the Prophet's own explanation, do not in any way support the mistaken belief that Prophet Muhammad :saws: saw Allah.

Source: The Fundamentals of Tawheed by Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips

See also here: http://islamqa.info/en/12423 which discusses the narration attributed to ibn Abbaas radiayallahu anhu

OmAbdullah
04-17-2015, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Did Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) See Allah?

Some Muslims have felt that an exception was made in the case of the last of the Prophets, Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) whom Allah caused to travel up through the heavens and go even beyond the point where angels were allowed to go. But when his wife, 'Aisha [radhiallahu anha (RA)], was asked by Masrouq, if Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) had seen his Lord, she replied, "My hair is standing on end because of what you have asked! Whoever tells you that Muhammad saw his Lord has lied!" (Sahih Muslim 337 and 339)

And when Abu Dharr asked the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) if he saw his Lord, the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) replied, "There was only light, how could I see Him." (Sahih Muslim 341) The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) on another occasion explained the significance of the light and that it was not Allah himself, saying,

"Verily Allah does not sleep nor is it befitting Him to sleep. He is the One Who lowers the scales and raises them. The deeds of the night go up to Him before the deeds of the day and those of the day before those of the night, and His veil is light." (Sahih Muslim 343)

Thus, it can be said with certainty that the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) like the prophets before him, did not see Allah, Most Great and Gracious, in this life.

The meaning of Surah an-Najm

Some people use the following verses in Surah an-Najm to support the claim that Prophet Muhammad :saws: saw Allah:

"When he was on the uppermost horizon. Then he came close and descended. Until he was two bows lengths away or closer. And He revealed to His slave that which He revealed. The he art did not lie about what it saw. Will you argue with him about what he saw? And verily he saw him yet another time. By the lote-tree of the uppermost boundary." (Qur'an 53: 7-14)

They assert that these verses are in reference to the Prophet Muhammad :saws: seeing Allah. However, when Masruq asked the Prophet's wife 'A'ishah (radiyallu anha), about these verses she replied, "I was the first person from this Ummah (Muslim nation) to ask the Messenger of Allah :saws: about that and he replied:

'Verily it was Jibreel (Gabriel), may Allah's peace be on him. I never saw him in the form in which he was created except these two times; I saw him descending from the heavens and the greatness of his size filled all that was between the sky and the earth.'" 'A'ishah radiyallahu anha then said, "Haven't you heard that Allah, the Most High, said,

"Eyes cannot catch Him but He catches all eyes. He is the Subtle, the Aware?" (6:103)

And haven't you heard that Allah said, "Allah will not speak to any man except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by sending a messenger [Angel]?" (42:51)
(Sahih Muslim)

Accordingly, the verses from Surah an-Najm, when considered in the light of the Prophet's own explanation, do not in any way support the mistaken belief that Prophet Muhammad :saws: saw Allah.

Source: The Fundamentals of Tawheed by Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips

See also here: http://islamqa.info/en/12423 which discusses the narration attributed to ibn Abbaas radiayallahu anhu

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah

jazaaki- Allaho khaira for this very true statement. None of the Prophets, including Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم , saw Allah سبحانه و تعالى in this life. As mentioned in surah Al-Najam, the prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم saw Jibreel عليه السلام twice in his real shape, once at the time of second revelation (it was the verses of surah Al-Muddathir), when Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was in great fear as he saw a huge thing with many wings sitting on a chair between the heaven and the earth. He صلى الله عليه وسلم went home and asked Khadijah رضي الله عنها to cover him in a blanket. 2nd time was at the occasion of Mairaaj shareef when he صلى الله عليه وسلم saw Jibreel عليه السلام near sidratul muntaha. That was the last place for Jibreel عليه السلام, he couldn't ascend beyond that point. And Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم went up to Allah's Thrown alone. There between Allah Almighty and the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was some type of screen. So he couldn't see Allah.

OmAbdullah
04-17-2015, 09:36 PM
The Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was sufficiently a Giver of glad tidings and a Warner to all mankind till the end of this world.

Allah Almighty said in surah Sabaa verse 28 of the Holy Quraan:

28. And We have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most of men know not.

Once a scholar was discussing with me ( on telephone) about Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم, he said that in the whole Quraan Allah didn’t say that Quraan is sufficient for mankind, but Allah said about Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم that he is sufficiently Basheer and Nazheer for mankind.

Then I also became attentive towards this quality and status of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and did tadabbar (pondering). What I found in the light of the Holy Quraan and Sunnah was that we got 2 THINGS through Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم :

One is the Holy Quraan which is the direct statement of Allah Almighty and second is the explanation and application of the Holy Quraan, this is called his Sunnah.

Although the Holy Quraan is a perfect Divine Book for the guidance of all mankind but without Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم it is not sufficient in the sense that it has such CODES and verses which cannot be understood without the oral and practical explanation given by Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم .

The explanation that was given by him was also from Allah Almighty. All of the ahaadeeth were sent down by Allah to him صلى الله عليه وسلم

OmAbdullah
04-20-2015, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I'd like to relate a story told to me by a member of a tabliq group who happened to be in a mosque that had a guest speaker. He is of the tribe that turn their backs when at a time of need, rasulullah went to them for the assistance they had promised. Instead they chased him out. Some threw stones. And it drew blood.

Jibrail rushed to his side and told the prophet something like 'if you just say the word, I'll destroy these people ' and the prophet replied 'but I'm sent as a mercy,....'

And then the speaker went on to say- had the prophet then said 'yes, destroy them!' that he (the speaker) would not be there, in that mosque that night. And that the next generation (that turned their backs) became Muslims.. AllahuAkhbar

What a big man..

Salaam,

Please give reference for this story.

Who is the big man?

Signor
04-20-2015, 05:03 PM
This is the story br greenhill referred:

Journey to Ta’if
The death of Abu Talib signaled the beginning of a difficult period for the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). None of the Qurayshites dared touch the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) during the lifetime of Abu Talib, but now the restraint was gone. In one instance, dust was thrown over his head. And to make matters far worse, the Quraysh, moved by the desire to impose themselves upon the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), insulted and mocked at him and made caustic remarks on Islam. When the pagans persisted with their mockery and sarcasm as well as resolute behaviour, the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) thought of going to Ta’if to seek the help of Thaqif.(17) The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) intended to invite them to Islam for he believed that they would receive his message with sympathy. His expectation was apparently well grounded as he had spent his childhood with Bani S’ad who were settled near Ta’if.

Ta’if was a delightful city, only next to Mecca in its population and prosperity, holding an important position in the Peninsula as alluded to in this verse of the Qur’an.

“And they say: If only this Qur’an had been revealed to some great man of the two towns (Mecca and Ta’if)?” [Qur’an 43:31]

Taif was also a religious center since pilgrims from every part of the country visit its so-called “Temple of al-Lat” and thus, it competed with Mecca in such respect for the latter housed Hubal, the chief deity of Arabia. Ta’if was, as it still is today, the summer resort of the Meccan aristocracy. An Umayyad poet, ‘Umar Ibn Rabi’a said about his beloved:

“Winter in Mecca, living in clover, In Ta’if she spends the summer.”

The inhabitants of Ta’if, endowed with diversified large farms and vineyards, were wealthy and prosperous. They had become conceited and boastful embodying the following description of the Qur’anic verse:
“And we sent not unto any township a Warner, but it’s pampered ones declared: Lo! we are disbeliever’s in that which ye bring unto us. And they say: We are more (than you) in wealth and children. We are not the punished!” [Qur’an 35:34-35]

In Ta’if, the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) first met the chiefs and leaders of Thaqif whom he invited to accept Islam. They were, however, rude and discourteous in their treatment of the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). Not being content with their insolent reply, they even stirred up some gangs of the town to harass him. These riff-raffs followed the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), abusing and crying and throwing stones on him, until he was compelled to take refuge in an orchard. The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) consequently had to endure even more obstacles in Ta’if than he had to face in Mecca. These jerks based on either side of the path threw stones at him until his feet were injured and smeared with blood. These oppressions grievously dejected the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), whereby being in such a state of depression, a prayer citing his helplessness and pitiable condition and seeking the aid of God spontaneously came thru his lips:

“O Allah”, said the Prophet, “To Thee I complain of my weakness, resourcelessness and humiliation before the people. Thou art the Most Merciful, the Lord of the weak and my Master. To whom wilt thou confide me? To one estranged, bearing ill will, or, an enemy given power over me? If Thou art not worth on me, I care not, for Thy favor is abundant upon me. I seek refuge in the light of Thy countenance by which all darkness is dispelled and every affair of this world and the next is set right, lest Thy anger should descend upon me or Thy displeasure light upon me. I need only thy pleasure and satisfaction for only Thou enablest me to do good and evade the evil. There is no power and no might save in thee.”

The Lord then sent the angel of mountains who sought the Prophet’s (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) permission to join together the two hills between which Ta’if was located but the Messenger of God (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) replied, “No, I hope God will bring forth from their loins people who will worship God alone, associating nothing with Him.” (Muslim, Kitab-ul-Jihad)

Moved to compassion by the grief of the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), ‘Utbah and Shayba Ibn Rabi’a sent for ‘Addas, one of their young Christian slaves, and told him to take a bunch of grapes on a platter for the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) to which the bondman obeyed. While in the Prophet’s presence, Addas observed his kind demeanor that compelled him to talk to him and instantly professed his faith in Allah and His Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).(18)

The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) then returned to Mecca where the Quraysh were as bitterly opposed to him as ever, deriding, annoying and assailing him day after day.

Footnotes
[17] Authorities hold the view that the Prophet Undertook the journey to Taif towards the end of Shawwal in the tenth year of Apostleship (Khatim-un-Nabiyin by Sheikh Muhammad Abu Zuhra, Vol. I. p. 580).
[18] Ibn Hisham, Vol. I, pp. 419-22, Ibn Kathir, Vol. II, pp. 149-53 Zad ul-Ma’ad, Vol. I, p. 302.

OmAbdullah
04-20-2015, 07:25 PM
Allah سبحانه و تعالى said in verse 7 of surah Al Hashr:

7. What Allah has bestowed on His Messenger (and taken away) from the people of the townships,- belongs to Allah,- to His Messenger and to kindred and orphans, the needy and the wayfarer; In order that it may not (merely) make a circuit between the wealthy among you. So take what the Messenger assigns to you, and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you. And fear Allah; for Allah is strict in Punishment.

Another translation of verse 7 of the same surah is:

7. That which Allah giveth as spoil unto His messenger from the people of the townships, it is for Allah and His messenger and for the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer, that it become not a commodity between the rich among you. And whatsoever the messenger giveth you, take it. And whatsoever he forbiddeth, abstain (from it). And keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is stern in reprisal.

This is Allah's Command for us all that we must take what the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم gives us ( or what he allowed or ordered us to take ) and we must abstain from whatever he prohibited us. We must remember and believe that all the Commands that he صلى الله عليه سلم gave us are from Allah. Therefore anyone who doesn't obey his Command, actually denies Allah's Commands. So Allah is very strict in punishment, we must fear Allah and obey Allah's Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلمز.

greenhill
04-21-2015, 12:49 AM
Salaam,

Please give reference for this story.

Who is the big man?
As I have said right at the beginning of my post,
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I'd like to relate a story told to me by a member of a tabliq group who happened to be in a mosque that had a guest speaker. He is of the tribe that turn their backs when at a time of need, rasulullah went to them.....
of course I would not have a reference as I am only relating to it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
This is the story br greenhill referred:

Journey to Ta’if
Thank you Signor.

OmAbdullah
04-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Allah سبحانه و تعالى said in verse 63 of Surah Al-Noor:

Make not the calling of the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) among you as your calling of one another. Allah knows those of you who slip away under shelter (of some excuse without taking the permission to leave, from the Messenger SAW). And let those who oppose the Messenger's (Muhammad SAW) commandment (i.e. his Sunnah legal ways, orders, acts of worship, statements, etc.) (among the sects) beware, lest some Fitnah (disbelief, trials, afflictions, earthquakes, killing, overpowered by a tyrant, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.

Another translation of the above aayah is:

Do not make [your] calling of the Messenger among yourselves as the call of one of you to another. Already Allah knows those of you who slip away, concealed by others. So let those beware who dissent from the Prophet's order, lest fitnah strike them or a painful punishment.

Explanation of the above verse according to the commentary by S.ABUL A’LA MAUDUDI volume 3, surah Al-Noor exp. Note 102, 103 and 104 is:

The word du’aa (دعاء) is used which has 3 meanings; ‘to summon’, ‘to pray’, and ‘to call’. Du’aa-ar- Rasool therefore may mean summoning or praying by the Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم or calling the Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم.

1. The Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم ‘s summon should not be treated as a common man’s summon for it is of extraordinary importance and if a Muslim fails or hesitates to respond to it, he will do it at the very risk of his faith.

b. Do not consider the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him)’s prayer/du’aa as a common man’s du’aa for you. If He is pleased with you and prays for you, there can be no greater good fortune for you. But if he is displeased with you and curses you, there can be no greater misfortune for you.

c. Calling the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) should not be like you call each other.
That means you should not call or address the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) like you address and call other people aloud by their names. You should have full respect for him because the slightest disrespect in this regard will call for Allah’s reckoning in the Hereafter.

Though all of the above three meanings fit in with the context, the first meaning (summoning) is more in keeping with the theme which follows.

Here in this verse another quality of the munaafiqeen (hypocrites ) is mentioned. When they were summoned for a meeting with the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him), they did respond to the call because they wanted to be counted among the Muslims, but they tried to leave the gathering from behind the people, (somehow stealing away)as soon as they found an opportunity. So such Muslims/hypocrites are warned with the affliction of fitnah or painful wrath.

According to Imam Jafar Sadiq رضى الله عنه fitnah means rule of the unjust/tyrant.

That is: If the Muslims will disobey the Commands of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم they will be put under tyrants. Besides this there can be many forms of afflictions, for instance, sectarian differences, civil war, moral degradation, disruption of community life, internal chaos, disintegration of political and material power, subjugation by others etc.

Now we see that all of such afflictions (fitnah) has come upon our Ummah. It is divided into sects which are fighting with each other and also it is subjugated by others etc.

Only this one verse leads us to the cause of all of the present troubles of the Ummah. The cause is disobedience of the Muslims to the Prophet Muhammad
صلى الله عليه وسلم , the treatment is to come back to the Quraan and Sunnah, understand them, practice them and convey them to others.

OmAbdullah
04-24-2015, 10:35 PM
Allah Almighty said in surah Al-Hujuraat verses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5:

1. O you who believe! Do not put (yourselves) forward before Allah and His Messenger (SAW), and fear Allah. Verily! Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.

2. O you who believe! Raise not your voices above the voice of the Prophet (SAW), nor speak aloud to him in talk as you speak aloud to one another, lest your deeds may be rendered fruitless while you perceive not.

3. Indeed, those who lower their voices before the Messenger of Allah - they are the ones whose hearts Allah has tested for righteousness. For them is forgiveness and great reward.

4. Verily! Those who call you from behind the dwellings, most of them have no sense.

5. And if they had patience till you could come out to them, it would have been better for them. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

The command in the first verse is the foremost and basic demand of faith which is to be applied at individual level as well as at the level of the Muslim society. No Muslim man/woman or a Muslim judge or a court, parliment etc. should have the attitude to give his own opinion and view precedence over the decision of Allah and Allah’s Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم , or should adopt independent opinion in the matters, and pass his own judgment.
Also Allah warned the Muslims that if ever he/she adopted an attitude of independence as against Allah and Allah’s Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم then they must know that they have to deal with that God ( Allah) Who is All-hearing, All-Knowing, So you must fear Allah’s punishment.

In the verse 2 Allah taught etiquette to all those Muslims who used to sit in the company of Muhammadصلى الله عليه وسلم . The intention was that the believers should treat the Holy Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) with the highest respect and reverence when visiting Him and talking to Him. The Muslims of the later ages are also ordered to observe the same respect and reverence on the occasion when the name of the Holy Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) is mentioned, or His Command or saying is stated or explained.
Then Allah Almighty warned us that if a Muslim does not keep his/her voice low for the Holy Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him), all his/her deeds will be destroyed. This punishment is equal to the punishment of unbelief. This proves the very high status of the Holy Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him).

Allah also ordered the ignorant people coming from far away and calling the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) from outside His house without waiting for him, that they must wait quietly until the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him)came out Himself.

For more details please see the tafseer, “ The Meaning of Qur’aan by S. ABUL A”LA MAUDUDI, volume 5 surah Al-Hujuraat.

OmAbdullah
04-27-2015, 06:36 PM
Allah said in Surah Al-Mujaadilah verse 12 and 13:

12. O you who believe! When you (want to) consult the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) in private, spend something in charity before your private consultation. That will be better and purer for you. But if you find not (the means for it), then verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

13. Do you fear that you will not (be able to) give in charity before your consultation? So when you do not do it and Allah has turned to you (mercifully), then keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and obey Allah and His Messenger; and Allah is Aware of what you do.

The Command in the 12th verse was sent down when the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) used to be very busy in the affairs of Islam and Muslims, and many people wanted to do private consultation with Him. He صلى الله عليه وسلم always accepted people’s request, but it caused stress on him which only Allah knew. Even some people wanted frequent private consultation only to show their superiority over others. So Allah Almighty revealed these verses. Then people got scared of whispering to the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) because by the Command of Allah they had to spend something in charity before that. Then Allah revealed the verse 13 in which they were forgiven for their past mistakes of demanding private consultation, and they became careful in future. Thus Allah proved the very high status of Allah’s Final Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) in the verses of the Holy Quraan.

Please remember that with all that high status, Heصلى الله عليه وسلم was a human being and had all qualities of human being. Allah سبحانه و تعالى mentioned this point many times in the Holy Quraan. I will bring only one example.

Allah Almighty said in surah Al-Kahf verse 110

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "I am only a man like you. It has been inspired to me that your Ilah (God) is One Ilah (God i.e. Allah). So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord."

OmAbdullah
04-30-2015, 07:53 PM
In the early stage of Prophethood, revelation stopped for some duration which was, according to different traditions, 12 to 15 days or about a month. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم became very upset. The opponents also got a chance to say things like, “His Lord became angry with him and has forsaken him”.
As a result of this the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم became very upset and grieved. He صلى الله عليه وسلم thought that he had made some mistake due to which Allah became angry with him, so he was extremely grieved. Then Allah Almighty revealed the surah Al-Duhaa to console him. The English translation of surah Al Duhaa is as follows:

1. I swear by the early hours of the day,
  2. And by the Night when it is still,-
  3. Your Lord (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) has neither forsaken you nor hated you.
  4. And surely what comes after is better for you than that which has gone before.
  5. And verily, your Lord will give you (all i.e. good) so that you shall be well-pleased.
  6. Did He not find you an orphan and give you shelter (and care)?
  7. And He found you unaware (of the Quran, its legal laws, and Prophethood, etc.) and guided you?
  8. And He found you poor, and made you rich (self sufficient with self contentment, etc.)?
  9. Therefore, treat not the orphan with harshness,
  10. And repulse not the beggar;
  11. But the bounty of your Lord - rehearse and proclaim!

Allah swore by the bright light of the day and by the calmness and darkness of night. The commentator explains that Allah swore by the brightness of the day to tell him that the coming down of revelation is like bright day. If a day is kept continuous, people will become very tired. So after every bright day the darkness and stillness of night is necessary for people to take rest and comfort. Darkness of a night doesn’t mean that Allah is angry with the people. So likewise, the gaps and breaks in the course of revelations was to give him صلى الله عليه وسلم rest and comfort, otherwise, with repeated revelations without gaps, he would become very tired.

All of this surah was sent down to Him صلى الله عليه وسلم to console Him. At the same time Allah gave Him the happy news that the after time would be better for Him. Also Allah promised him in verse 5 that Allah Almighty will give him as much good that he would be pleased with it. Allah fulfilled this promise and only in 23 years Islam and the Islamic kingdom spread in the greatest part of the world. The words of the verse 4 and 5 are very comprehensive giving Him صلى الله عليه وسلم glad tidings about this world as well about the unique pleasure for Him in the Hereafter.

For more details please read the tafseer ( commentary ) by S. ABUL A’LA MAUDUDI.

saif-uddin
05-02-2015, 07:40 AM
Allah Azzawajal says about Muhammad :saws:

Surah Qalam : Ayah 4
---------------------------
"And verily, you (O Muhammad :saws: ) are on an exalted standard of character."

note that he doesn't praise any Prophet or Messenger (peace be upon them all) with such high praise.

Subhanallah

:jz:

saif-uddin
05-02-2015, 07:45 AM
this is an excellent site that details Various Proofs to show that Muhammad :saws: is the Best of Creation

http://islamqa.info/en/97384

:jz:

saif-uddin
05-02-2015, 02:25 PM
:jz: ukthi Insaanah,

I should have read the whole site to notice that massive blunder!

attributing Omnipresence it utter nonsense

OmAbdullah
05-04-2015, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saif-uddin
Allah Azzawajal says about Muhammad

Surah Qalam : Ayah 4
---------------------------
"And verily, you (O Muhammad ) are on an exalted standard of character."

note that he doesn't praise any Prophet or Messenger (peace be upon them all) with such high praise.

Subhanallah
Assalaamo alaikum wa rahmatullah

I request all respected brothers and sisters to avoid any difference between the Prophets عليهم السلام. We all must try to come at the level about which Allah Almighty says in surah Al-Baqarah verse 285:

285. The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, and [so have] the believers. All of them have believed in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, [saying], "We make no distinction between any of His messengers." And they say, "We hear and we obey. [We seek] Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the [final] destination."

When we read The Holy Quraan we observe that The Great Beneficent Lord has blessed every Prophet and Messenger عليهم السلام with very unique type of blessings. For example think about Ibraheem Khaleel-ullah عليه السلام, we all are at his way, his ummah. Think about Musa عليه السلام (Muses): How many signs were given to him! Just read the translation of the verse 144 from surah Al-Aa’raaf:

144. (Allah) said: "O Musa (Moses) I have chosen you above men by My Messages, and by My speaking (to you). So hold that which I have given you and be of the grateful."

Surah Al-Aa’raaf, verse 144

Similarly, if we read about the blessings given to Dawood (David) and Sulaiman عليهما السلام, we will see that unique type of miracles and blessings were given to each of them. Then also think about the unique miracles given to Eisa عليه السلام, but we must remember that in spite of all that high status and the blessings given to them, they were all perfect human beings. Although Allah Almighty had favored some Prophets above the others as Allah said in verse 253 of surah Al-Baqarah (its translation is given below), but we don’t know as to who is preferred above whom. We are no one to say what we know not. We must say that which is ordered for us i.e. we make no distinction among the Prophets of Allah.

The translation of a part of the verse 253 of surah Al-Baqarah is:

253.Those messengers We endowed with gifts, some above others: To one of them Allah spoke; others He raised to degrees (of honour); to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (Signs), and strengthened him with the holy spirit---

Please don’t forget that Satan is our open enemy. Christians got astray as they raised Prophet Eisa (Jesus ) عليه السلام to the level of God, alas! He was a perfect human being. He will come down, complete his life and will die like all human beings. But Christians are deceived by Satan, alas!!! We, the Muslims must be very careful and must keep every belief within its limits.

OmAbdullah
05-06-2015, 11:29 PM
Another surah which was revealed in Makkah to console and encourage Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was Alam-Nashrah.

This was revealed at the early stage of Prophet hood, when those people who had so much love and respect for Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم that they called him saadiq (truthful) and ameen (trustworthy) and had put their costly things as trust with him, became his enemies. And this change of their behavior happened only because Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم invited them to worship Allah, the only One God and to stop worshipping idols. So they started to give hard time to the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) and his followers. The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) had to face hostility at every step from his relatives, friends and neighbors. All those troubles were very discouraging for him. So Allah Almighty sent down surah Al-Duhaa first and then surah Alam-Nashrah to console him and encourage him.

Here is the translation and full explanation of the surah Alam-Nashrah from The Meaning of the Qur’aan, S. ABUL A’LA MAUDUDI, volume 6:

(94:1) (O Prophet), Did We not lay open your breast 1
‏ 
(94:2) and relieve you of the burden
‏ 
(94:3) that had well-nigh broken your back? 2
‏ 
(94:4) And did We not exalt your fame? 3
‏ 
(94:5) Indeed, there is ease with hardship.
‏ 
(94:6) Most certainly, there is ease with hardship. 4
‏ 
(94:7) So, whenever you are free, strive in devotion,
‏ 
(94:8) and turn to your Lord with longing. 5
‏ 

The numbers 1 to 5 are for the explanatory notes of the corresponding verses, and these are in the following;

1. To begin the discourse with this question, and then the subsequent theme, shows that the Messenger (peace be upon him) at that time was very disturbed and distressed at the great hardships that he was passing through in the initial stage of his mission of calling the people to Islam. Under those conditions Allah addressed him and consoling him, said: O Prophet, have We not blessed you with such and such favor. Then, why do you feel so disturbed and distressed at these initial difficulties.

A little consideration of the context wherever the word sharh-sadr (opening up of the breast) has occurred in the Quran, shows that it has two meanings:

(a). In (Surah Al-Anaam, Ayat 125), it was said: So whomever Allah wills to guide aright, He makes his breast wide open to Islam (yashrah sadrahu lil-lslam); and in ( Surah Az- Zumar, Ayat 22): Can the person whose breast Allah has opened for Islam (sharahullahu sadrahu lil-Islam) and he is walking in the light shown by his Lord. At both these places sharh-sadr implies to free oneself from every kind of distraction and vacillation and to be satisfied with Islam as the only right way of life, and to regard the beliefs, principles of morality and civilization, religious instructions and injunctions, which Islam has given to man, as right and true.

(b). In (Surah Ash-Shuara, Ayats 12-13), it has been mentioned that when Allah appointed the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) to the great office of Prophethood and commanded him to go and confront the Pharaoh and his mighty empire, he submitted: My Lord, I fear that they will treat me as a liar, and my breast straitens. And in ( Surah Ta Ha, Ayats 25-26), it has been stated that on this very occasion the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) implored Allah, saying: Lord, open up my breast for me (Rabbishrahli sadri) and make my task easy for me. Here, straitening of the breast implies a person’s finding it too hard for himself to shoulder the onerous responsibilities of Prophethood and going out to clash with a mighty and tyrannical power of disbelief all by himself, and sharh-sadr implies that his morale be boosted so that he is ready to undertake any campaign and any task however difficult and hard, without any hesitation, and he develops the nerve and courage to shoulder the great responsibilities of Prophethood.

A little consideration will show that in this verse, “opening up of the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) breast”, contains both these meanings. According to the first meaning, it implied that before the Prophethood the Prophet (peace be upon him) looked upon the religion of the polytheistic Arabs, Christians, Jews and fire worshippers as false, and was not even satisfied with the hanifiyyat prevalent among some of the Arab monotheists, for it was an ambiguous creed which contained no detail of the right way. (This we have explained in E.Ns of Surah As-Sajdah). But since he himself did not know what the right way was, he was mentally confused and distracted. With the blessing of Prophethood, Allah removed his mental agitation and opened up before him the way of right guidance, which brought him full peace of mind. According to the second meaning, it implies that along with the blessing of Prophethood Allah also blessed him with the courage, spirit of resolution and broad mindedness which were needed for shouldering the onerous responsibilities of the great office. He became bearer of the vast knowledge, which no other human mind could encompass and contain. He was blessed with the wisdom which could rectify any evil however grave and wide spread. He developed the capability to stand up without any equipment and the apparent help and support of a worldly power as the standard-bearer of Islam in a society sunk in ignorance and barbarism, to brave any storm of hostility without the least hesitation, to endure patiently all the difficulties and hardships of the way so that no power might cause him to abandon his position and standpoint. Thus, The verse means to impress the point: When Allah has blessed you, O Prophet, with this invaluable wealth of sharh-sadr, why do you feel distressed and depressed at the hardships you are experiencing in the initial stage of your mission.

Some commentators have taken sharh-sadr to mean shaqq- Sadr (splitting up of the breast) and have declared this verse to be a proof of the miracle of sharh-sadr as related in the traditions of the Hadith. But the fact is that the proof of that miracle is dependent only on the traditions of the Hadith, it is not correct to prove it from the Quran. According to the Arabic language, sharh-sadr can in no way be taken to mean shaqq-sadr. Allama Alusi in the Ruh al- Maani says: In the sight of the research scholars it is a weak thing to regard sharh-sadr as shaqq-sadr.

2. Some of the commentators have interpreted this to mean that before Prophethood, in the days of ignorance, the Prophet (peace be upon him) had happened to commit certain errors because of which he was feeling disturbed, and Allah by sending down this verse consoled and satisfied him, saying that He had forgiven him those errors. But in our opinion it is a grave mistake to interpret this verse thus. In the first place, the word vizr does not necessarily mean a sin, but it is also used for a heavy burden. Therefore, there is no reason why it should in every case be taken in the bad sense. Secondly, the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) life before Prophethood was also so clean and pure that it had been presented in the Quran as a challenge before the opponents. So much so that the Prophet (peace be upon him) was made to point out to the disbelievers: I have already lived a lifetime among you before the revelation of this Quran. (Surah Younus, Ayat 16). And he was also not the type of a person who would commit a sin secretly. God forbid, had he been such a man, Allah would not have been unaware of it, and would not have made him proclaim the thing before the people openly, which He made him proclaim in the above-mentioned verse of Surah Younus, if his person carried the blot of a sin committed secretly. Thus, in fact, in this verse vizr means a heavy burden and it implies the burden of distress, anguish and anxiety that was difficult on his sensitive nature when he saw his nation deeply sunk in ignorance and barbarism. Idols were being worshipped, the community was engrossed in idolatry and polytheistic customs and practices, filth of immorality and indecency prevailed all around, wickedness and corrupt practices were rampant in society, the powerful were suppressing the powerless, girls were being buried alive, tribes were subjecting one another to surprise attacks, and sometimes the wars of vengeance continued for a hundred years at a stretch. No one’s life, property and honor was safe unless he had a strong band at his back. This grieved the Prophet (peace be upon him) but he could find no way to cure the malady. This same anxiety was weighing down his back. Allah by showing him the way to guidance removed its burden from him. Then as soon as he was appointed to the office of Prophethood, he came to know that belief in the doctrine of Tauhid, the Hereafter and Prophethood was the master-key by which each corruption in human life could be eradicated and the way to reform opened in every aspect of life. This guidance from Allah relieved him of his burden and he felt re-assured that by means of it he would not only be able to cure the maladies of Arabia but also of all mankind outside Arabia as well.

3. This was said at a time when no one could even conceive how the renown of the one unique individual, who had only a few followers confined only to the city of Makkah, would be exalted throughout the world and what high fame he would achieve. But Allah Almighty gave His Messenger (peace be upon him) this good news under those very conditions and then fulfilled it in a strange way. In the first place, he took from his enemies themselves the task of exalting his renown. One of the methods that the disbelievers of Makkah adopted to defeat his mission was that in the Hajj season when the pilgrims from every corner of Arabia were attracted to their city, they would visit them at their halting places and would warn them to beware of a dangerous man called Muhammad (peace be upon him), who they alleged, worked such magic on the people that father was separated from son, brother from brother, and husband from wife; therefore, they should keep away from him. The same thing they said to all other people, who visited Makkah on other than Hajj days in connection with pilgrimage or on other business. In this way although they were trying to defame the Prophet (peace be upon him), yet the result was that his name reached every nook and corner of Arabia and the enemies themselves took him out of his seclusion in Makkah and introduced him among all the tribes of the country. After this, it was but natural that the people should become curious to know as to who this man was, what he preached, what was his character like and who were the people influenced by his magic and what sort of effect his magic had on them. As the propaganda of the Makkan disbelievers spread, the people’s curiosity also grew. Then, when as a result of this curiosity the people came to know of the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) morals, his character and conduct, when they heard the Quran and found what teachings it presented and when the people saw how different the lives of those who had been influenced by what was being described as magic had become from the lives of the common Arabs, the bad name started being changed into good name. So much so that by the time the Hijrah took place, there was perhaps no tribe left anywhere in Arabia from which one or another person, one or another clan had not accepted Islam and in which at least some people had not developed sympathy and interest in the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his message. This was the first stage of the exaltation of his renown. Then from the Hijrah started the second stage in which, on the one hand, the hypocrites, the Jews and the prominent polytheists of Arabia were actively engaged in defaming him, and, on the other, the Islamic State of Al-Madinah was presenting such a practical model of God-worship, God consciousness, piety and devotion, purity of morals and community life, justice and equity, equality of man and man, generosity of the rich, care of the poor, fulfillment of pledges and promises and righteousness in dealings, which was conquering the hearts. The enemies tried by resort to war to impede the growing influence of the Prophet (peace be upon him), but the party of the believers, trained and developed under his own leadership, proved its superiority by their discipline, their bravery, their fearlessness of death, and their adherence to restrictions of morality even in the state of war, so convincingly that entire Arabia had to recognize it as a power to be reckoned with. Within ten years the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) renown become so exalted that the same land in which the opponents had exerted their utmost to defame him, reverberated with the slogan of Ash hadu anna Muhammad ar-Rasul Allah from one end to the other. Then the third stage commenced with the establishment of the righteous Caliphate when his holy name started being mentioned and praised everywhere in the world. This process continues till today, and will continue till Resurrection if Allah so wills. Wherever in the world there exists a settlement of the Muslims, the apostleship of Muhammad (peace be upon him) is being proclaimed aloud in the call to the Prayer five times a day, blessings of Allah are being invoked on him in the Prayers, and his sacred remembrance is being made in the Friday Sermons. There is no moment in the 12 months of the year and in the 24 hours of the day when at one or another place in the world, the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) name is not being mentioned. This is a clear proof of the truth of the Quran that when in the initial stage of the Prophethood Allah proclaimed wa rafana laka dhikrak, no one could estimate and imagine with what esteem and to what great extent the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) renown would be exalted. In a Hadith, Abu Saeed Khudri has reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Gabriel came to me and said: My Lord and your Lord asks, in what ways have I exalted your renown. I submitted: Allah alone has the best knowledge. He said, Allah says: Whenever mention is made of Me, you too will be mentioned along with Me. (Ibn Jarir, lbn Abi Hatim, Musnad Abu Yala, Ibn al-Mundhir, Ibn Hibban, Ibn Marduyah, Abu Nuaim). The whole later history stands witness that this prediction has proved literally true.

4. This has been repeated twice so as to reassure the Prophet (peace be upon him) that the bad times he was passing through at that time would not last for ever, but were going to be replaced by good times in the near future. On the surface this appears to be a contradiction that hardship should be accompanied by ease, for these two things do not co-exist. But the words hardship with ease instead of ease after hardship have been used in the sense that the period of ease is so close to it as if it were a concomitant of it.

5. So when you have finished (your duties): When you are free from other occupations, whether occupations in connection with the preaching of divine message, or teaching and training of the new converts, or domestic occupations of mundane nature. The commandment means: When you are no more occupied, you should spend your time in the labor and toil of Allah’s worship and turn all your attention exclusively to your Lord.

Scimitar
05-07-2015, 02:40 AM
edited

OmAbdullah
05-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Allah Almighty has proved in the words of the Holy Quran that the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) had extreme love for his Ummah. He wanted our welfare in this world and in the Hereafter. He صلى الله عليه وسلم used to be very anxious about his Ummah to protect us all from the Hell Fire. There are many verses proving his anxiety for the Ummah. I will write only 2 of those verses.

Surah Al-Tawbah verse 128:

Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger (Muhammad SAW) from amongst yourselves (i.e. whom you know well). It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty. He (Muhammad SAW) is anxious over you (to be rightly guided, to repent to Allah, and beg Him to pardon and forgive your sins, in order that you may enter Paradise and be saved from the punishment of the Hell-fire), for the believers (he SAW is) full of pity, kind, and merciful.

Surah Al-Kahf verse 6:

Perhaps, you, would kill yourself (O Muhammad SAW) in grief, over their footsteps (for their turning away from you), because they believe not in this narration (the Quran).

There may be some Muslims who don’t follow or follow just a little of the Holy Quraan and Sunnah, but they are sure to go to paradise by the Shafa’aa of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم. Therefore I must make it clear that Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was a Messenger of Allah Almighty. So He will definitely follow Allah’s Commands concerning the Muslims. His Shafa’aa (interceding) will be within the limits ordained by Allah. We must know the principle of Allah regarding interceding. Allah Almighty said in surah Taha, verses 109-110:

109. On that Day shall no intercession avail except for those for whom permission has been granted by (Allah) Most Gracious and whose word is acceptable to Him.

110. He knows what is before them and what is behind them, while they do not comprehend it in knowledge.

The tafseer says that an intercessor can do intercession for a person for whom Allah gives him permission to intercede and also up to the extent that Allah Almighty accepts.
In verse 110 (given above) Allah سبحانه و تعالى told us that it is only Allah Who knows faith and actions, and in and out of every person. None else knows about one’s actions. Therefore, Shafa’aa will be done only by the permission of Allah.

Also remember that Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم, being at the position of Prophet hood, will complain to Allah on the Day of Judgment as is revealed in the verse 30 of the surah Al-Furqaan:

And the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) will say: "O my Lord! Verily, my people deserted this Quran (neither listened to it, nor acted on its laws and orders).

Therefore, we all must follow The Holy Quraan and Sunnah to protect ourselves from the horrible punishment of the Hereafter.

OmAbdullah
05-15-2015, 10:51 PM
The Prophet Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wasallam was a bashar (human being). Mistakes were possible from him, but his mistakes were not left to exist, rather his mistakes were corrected. And the corrections were preserved in the Holy Quraan for ever.
The example is in surah Al-Tahreem verse 1 and 2.

1.O Prophet! Why do you ban (for yourself) that which Allah has made lawful to you, seeking to please your wives? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

2. Allah has already ordained for you [Muslims] the dissolution of your oaths. And Allah is your protector, and He is the Knowing, the Wise.

In verse 1 the mistake is mentioned along with its cause and verse 2 is pointing towards the expiation of the oath. That means that the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam is advised to make the expiation for oath.

The tafseer of S. ABUL A’AL MAUDUDI says that there are many traditions regarding the lawful thing that the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam had made unlawful for himself. There are two stories, one is that of his wife Maria rAa and the 2nd is that he salla Allaho alaihi wasallam had sworn not to eat honey or had forbidden for himself the eating of honey. This second story has been related in Bukhari, Muslim and several other books of Hadeeth from Aa’isha rAa and this is regarded correct cause of the revelation of this surah by many great scholars. Therefore I will relate only this story.

The Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam usually paid a daily visit to all his wives after the Asr prayer. Once it so happened that he began to stay in the house of Zainab (rAa) bint-Jahsh longer than usual, for she had some honey and the Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam liked sweet things. Therefore he would have a drink of honey at her house. Aa’ishah rAa states that she felt envious of this and spoke to Hafsah, Saudah and Safiyyah radhiya Allaho anhunna about it and together they decided that whoever of them was visited by the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam, she should say to him, “your mouth smells of maghafir. Maghafir is a kind of flower which gives out an offensive smell and if the bee obtains honey from it, it is also tainted by the same odour. They all knew that the Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam was a man of very fine taste and he abhorred that he should emit any kind of unpleasant smell. Therefore this method was used to stop him from staying longer in the house of Zainab rAa, and it worked. When several of his wives told him about the smell of maghafir coming from him, he promised not to use the honey any longer. In one tradition his words are, “Now, I will never have a drink from it, I have sworn an oath. In the other tradition he only said, “I will never have a drink from it”, and there is no mention of the oath.

The story of prohibition of honey has been narrated in Bukhari and Muslim from Hadrat Aa’ishah rAa who was herself a party to it; therefore it is much more reliable.

The tafseer of S. ABUL A’AL MAUDUDI says:

Here the word “lima” which means “why” is not for the sake of question, rather it is an expression of disapproval. The object is not to ask the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam why he had done so, but to warn him that his act of making unlawful for himself what Allah had made lawful, is not approved by Allah. This by itself gives the meaning that nobody has the power to make unlawful what Allah has made lawful; so much so that the Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam also didn’t possess any such power. Although the Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam didn’t regard it as unlawful nor legally but only forbade himself its use, yet since he was not an ordinary man but Allah’s Messenger and his forbidding himself something could have the effect that his followers too would have regarded it as forbidden or at least reprehensible, or the people of his community might have thought that there was no harm in forbidding oneself something that Allah has made lawful. Allah pointed it out to him to refrain from such prohibition and to make kafaarah ( expiation).

Here Allah سبحانه وتعالى also mentioned the cause of making forbidden for himself a lawful thing, it was to please his wives. That means, he didn’t do it for his personal desire but because his wives wanted him to do so. Here a question arises that why did Allah mention the cause of his making a lawful thing forbidden for himself? This is because Allah not only wanted to check the Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam for the mistake but also to warn the holy wives to the effect that in their capacity as the Prophet’s wives, they had not understood their delicate responsibilities and had made the Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam do a thing which could lead to making a lawful thing unlawful.

Important points to understand from this ayah are given as:
(Briefly);

1. Making something haraam or halaal is absolutely in the hand of Allah. No one except Allah has the right to do so.

2. The position of a Prophet used to be very delicate. A minor incident experienced by an ordinary man may not be of any consequence, but it assumes the status of law when experienced by a Prophet. That is why the lives of the Prophets had been kept under close supervision by Allah so that none of their acts, not even a most trivial one, could deviate from Divine Will. Whenever such an act emanated from a Prophet it was rectified immediately so that the Islamic Law and its principles should reach the people in their absolute purity not only through the Divine Book but also through the excellent example of the Prophet and they should not include anything which may be in disagreement with the Divine will.

3. And this automatically follows from the above mentioned points that when the Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam was checked on a minor thing which was not only corrected but also recorded and preserved,, it gives us complete satisfaction that whatever actions, commands and instructions we now find in the pure life of the Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam which are not criticized or corrected by Allah, they are wholly based on truth, are in conformity with the Divine will and we can draw guidance from them with full confidence and peace of mind.

4. Again we learn from this discourse that due to the errors that the Holy Prophet’s wives made (which caused the Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam to make a lawful thing prohibited for himself), Allah severely reproved them ( The verses of warning to the holy wives of the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam will be given in the next post insha Allah), although they were the wives of the Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam whom Allah Almighty HIMSELF declared as mothers of the mo’mineen and worthy of the highest esteem and honor by them. We observe that such checking and criticism was made again and again on the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam himself as well as on his wives and his companions. For example you can see this surah Al-Tahreem and also other surahs like Abasa, Al-Anfaal, Al-Ahzaab and Aali-Imraan for such checking, warnings and correction of the Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam as well as his wives and companions. Then those criticisms were recorded in the Holy Quraan forever. Obviously, neither the intention of making mention of it in the Book of Allah was nor it could be to degrade them, but to acquaint the believers with the correct manner of reverence for their great personalities. The Prophet is a Prophet not God that he may commit no error. Respect of the Prophet has not been enjoined because he is infallible, but because he is a perfect representative of Divine Will, and Allah has not permitted any of his errors to pass by unnoticed. This gives us the satisfaction that the noble pattern of life left by the Holy Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam wholly and fully represents the Will of Allah. Likewise the companions or the holy wives of the Prophet were humans not angels. They could commit mistakes. Whatever ranks they achieved became possible only because the guidance given by Allah and the training imparted by Allah’s Messenger had molded them into the finest models. Whatever esteem and reverence they deserve is on this very basis and not on the presumption that they were infallible. Therefore, whenever they committed an error due to human weakness, they were checked and corrected. In this is a lesson for the Muslims that they should not form any exaggerated notion of the respect and reverence of their elders and great men, such exaggeration which might raise them from humanity to the position of gods and goddesses.

OmAbdullah
05-21-2015, 12:42 AM
Proof from the Holy Quraan that The Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم used to receive a hidden wahi (inspration) in addition to the manifest wahi by which the verses of the Holy Quraan were sent down to him.

By the hidden wahi he received all of the ahaadeeth. Allah said in the surah Al-Tahreem verse 3:

1. And (remember) when the Prophet (SAW) disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his wives (Hafsah), so when she told it (to another i.e. 'Aishah), and Allah made it known to him, he informed part thereof and left a part. Then when he told her (Hafsah) thereof, she said: "Who told you this?" He said: "The All-Knower, the All-Aware (Allah) has told me".

From this aayah (verse ) we came to know that the secret of the Holy Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was disclosed by one of his wives to another one and then Allah سبحانه و تعالى informed him about this action of his wife. We don’t find any verse in the Holy Quraan which says, “ O Prophet, your wife disclosed your secret to the other wife". The commentator S. ABUL A’LA MAUDUDI also said that they (He and other scholars) didn’t find such a verse in the Holy Quraan which tells the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم about the disclosing of his secret by his wife. But Allah سبحانه و تعالى HIMSELF mentioned in the Holy Quraan the words of HIS Prophet (" He said: "The All-Knower, the All-Aware (Allah) has told me".).

This is a proof that Allah also did wahi to him which was other than the wahi of the Holy Quraan. So all of the ahaadeeth came down to Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم through wahi. Allah said in surah Al-Najam verse 3 and 4:

Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire.

It is only an Inspiration that is inspired.

Certainly the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم didn’t say anything from his desire. Everything that he conveyed to us in the Quraan and Sunnah, was from Allah. In hadeeth the meaning was from Allah and the words were that of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم. But hadeeth-qudsee is a kind of hadeeth in which both of the words and meaning are from Allah almighty.

We saw in the verses of surah Al-Tahreem (as explained in last post as well as in this post), that the Holy wives of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم made errors. So Allah سبحانه و تعالى revealed warning for them in the following verses of the same surah Al-Tahreem:

4. If you two [wives] repent to Allah , [it is best], for your hearts have deviated. But if you cooperate against him - then indeed Allah is his protector, and Jibreel and the righteous of the believers and the angels, moreover, are [his] assistants.

5. It may be that, in case he divorces you, his Lord will give him, in exchange, spouses more charitable (i.e., better) than you, Muslim (i.e., who have surrendered to Allah) women, believing, devout, repentant, worshiping Allah), (and) wandering (in His way), who were married before and virgins (too).

The word sa’ihaat means those who travel around for the cause of Allah and the word ثيبات means those women who are married then they become widows or divorced. So Allah, the Beneficent Lord, gives equal honor to virgin and thayyibaat. The very first wife of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلمwas a widow. This is also an indication that one verse of the Holy Quraan teaches many points of good character. ( Lesson for today’s Muslim man who always prefers virgin).

It is such verses of the Holy Quraan which trained the holy wives of the great Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلمand the companions to reach such high character. Allah Almighty watched them all and guided them directly in the Holy Quraan or Through the Holy Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم. Whenever they made an error, they were rectified.

If we Muslims follow the Holy Quraan and the Sunnah, we will also be guided, insha Allah, to reach high level of the character and those whose characters are good, will be near Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم on the Day of Judgment.

OmAbdullah
06-05-2015, 01:05 AM
We must love Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم more than our own selves. Proof from the Holy Quraan in the next post insha-Allah.

OmAbdullah
06-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Allah said in the surah Al-Ahzaab verse 6:

[6]. Indeed, the Prophet is preferable for the believers to their own selves,12 and the Prophet's wives are their mothers.13 But, according to the Book of Allah, the blood relations have a greater right on one another than the other believers and the migrants. However, you may do any good (you wish) to your friends.14 This is written in the Divine Book.

I am posting a copy of the explanatory note 12 and some of the 13 for the understanding of the readers. I found this tafseer of Abul A’la Maududi on tafheem.net. There, the commentary has introduction with detailed history of the Battle of Trench. In my opinion, it is very good for understanding the Holy Quraan.

Explanatory notes of the colored portion of verse 6:

12. That is, "The relationship of the Holy Prophet with the Muslims and of the Muslims with the Holy Prophet is of a superior nature, over and above all human relationships. No other relationship is in any way comparable with the relationship that exists between the Holy Prophet and the believers. The Holy Prophet (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) is more compassionate and affectionate and a greater well-wisher of the Muslims than their own parents, even their own selves. Their parents and their wives and children can harm them, can treat them in a selfish manner and mislead them, can make them commit errors and mistakes, can push them into Hell, but the Holy Prophet's case is different: he will do for them only that which results in and leads to their eternal well-being and enduring happiness. They can commit follies resulting in their own ruin and disaster, but the Holy Prophet will wish for them only that which is beneficial and useful for them. And when it is so, the Holy Prophet also has a right on the Muslims that they should regard him dearer than their own parents, their own children, even their own selves. They should love him more than anything and anybody else in the world; should prefer his judgment and opinion to their own and should submit to every command that he gives.

The same thing has been said by the Holy Prophet in a Hadith, which Bukhari and Muslim and others have related with a little difference in wording: "No one of you can be a believer until I become dearer to him than his own father and his own children and all mankind. "

13. On the basis of the special relationship mentioned above, another characteristic of the Holy Prophet is that his wives are forbidden to the Muslims just like their own real mothers although their adopted mothers are in no sense their real mothers. This thing is peculiar only to the person of the Holy Prophet and of no other man in the world.

In this connection, one should also know that the wives of the Holy Prophet are mothers of the believers only in the sense that the Muslims are under obligation to have reverence and respect for them, and no Muslim could marry them. As for other matters they are not like the mothers. For example, apart from their real relatives, all other Muslims were non-mahram for them from whom they had to observe Purdah (hijab); their daughters were not like real sisters for the Muslims, so that no Muslim could marry them; their brothers and sisters were not like the maternal uncles and aunts for the Muslims; they could not be inherited by a Muslim, unless a close relative, as a mother is inherited by her son.

I, nbegam, must mention that there are some mistakes in the words of this commentary on the website. Here I corrected them by comparing them with the book (volume 4). I will, insha-Allah, try to inform the responsible ones about the mistakes.

OmAbdullah
06-21-2015, 11:03 PM
Assalaamo alaikum’ Ramadhaan mubarak to all brothers and sisters.

All Muslims are expected to be very busy in Ramadhaan to earn as much for the Al-Aakhirah as possible. May Allah make us all successful in the Al-Aakhirah, aameen.

Now coming back to the topic:

Some verses of the Holy Quraan mention shortly the occasion of Mi’raaj.

Allah Almighty took Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam, on a Buraak (heavenly horse) in company and guidance of the Archangel Jibreel alaihi salaam (Gabriel in the Christian language) from the Masjid Al-Haraam in Makkah to the Masjid Al-Aqsa in Jerusalem, and from there above to 7 heavens, then to the Thrown of Allah above all the heavens. He saw many wonders and met many Prophets alaihim salaam in different heavens and finally ascended to reach near Allah’s Thrown. Allah سبحانه و تعالىspoke to Him from behind a screen and gave Him the gift of 5-times a day salaath for His Ummah. Then He salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam came back to Masjid Al-Aqsa and thence back to the Masjid Al-Haraam in Makkah. All of this long journey was completed only in one night! Allaho Akbar!!!

This journey surpassed the high speed of all journeys in the air planes and space ships etc. of the Ummah.

His journey from the Masjid-Al- Haraam to Masjid- Al-Aqsa is shortly mentioned in the first verse of surah Bani-Isra’eel. And the verses 13—18 of surah Al-Najam mention some part of the Mi’raaj above the 7 heavens.

Allah said in the 1st verse of surah Bani Isra’eel:

1. Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al- Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

Surah Bani-isra’eel is also called surah Al-Isra
T
he event of Mi’raaj happened one year before hijrah i.e. the migration of the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam and his sahaabah to Madinah.

I am posting the explanation of the 1st verse of the surah Al-Isra from the commentary of S.ABUL A’LA MAUDUDI (volume 2).

1. The event referred to in this verse is known "Mi`raj" and "Isra"'. According to authentic traditions, this took place a year before Hijrah. In the traditional and biographical literature, its details have been related by a large number (25) of the Companions. Anas bin Malik, Malik bin Sa`asa`ah, Abuzar Ghifari, and Abu Hurairah (Allah be pleased with them all) have related details of the event. Besides them, `Umar, `Ali, `Abdullah bin Mas`ud...........(Allah be pleased with them) have also related some parts of this event.
In this verse, the Qur'an mentions only a part of the Journey, i.e., from Masjid-i-Haram to the Masjid- al-Aqsa at Jerusalem. The object of this journey as stated here was that Allah willed to show His servant some of His signs. The Qur'an does not give any details other than this but we find further details in the traditions, which are to this effect:
One night the Angel Jibril transported the Holy Prophet on al-Buraq from Masjid-i-Haram to Masjid-i-Aqsa (the Temple Mount). There the Holy Prophet offered his prayers along with the other Prophets. Then he took him towards the higher spheres, where he met some of the great Prophets in different spheres. At last he reached the Highest Place in the Heavens, and was received in audience by AIlah. It was there that besides other important instructions five daily Prayers were prescribed. Then he returned to the Temple and from there came back to Masjid-iHaram. During this Journey, according to many traditions, Paradise and Hell were shown to him. We also learn from authentic traditions that on the following day when he mentioned this event, the disbelievers of Makkah scoffed at him.

The above additional details based on the traditions cannot be said to be against the Qur'an, for these are additions to the details given in the Qur'an.
There are different versions of this Journey. Some say that this happened in a dream, while others are of the opinion that the Holy Prophet was fully awake and went on the Journey with his own physical body; some others say that it was merely a mystic vision which was shown to him. The opening words of this verse: "Glory be to Him, who transported His Servant. . . . .... " however, clearly show that it was a super-natural event which was brought about by the unlimited power of Allah. It is quite obvious that if the event had been merely a mystic vision, it would not have been introduced by the words which imply that the Being Who brought about this event is free from each and every kind of weakness and defect. Again the words "transported His servant one night" also show that this was not a dream or a vision but a physical journey in which Allah arranged that the Holy Prophet should make observation of His Signs with his physical eyes. Therefore, one is bound to admit that this was not a mere spiritual experience but a physical journey and visual observation which AIIah arranged for His Prophet.

It is strange that some people are of the opinion that this extraordinary journey could not be possible, but now when man with his limited-very limited power has been able to reach the moon, it is absurd to deny that Allah with His limitless powers could enable His Messenger to make this journey in the extraordinary short time it took.
Above all, the question whether a thing is possible or not, can arise only in the `case of human beings whose powers are after all limited, but such questions cannot be raised where the AlI-Powerful Allah is concerned. Only such a person who does not believe that Allah is able to do everything can raise objections against this wonderful Journey about which AIIah Himself says that He transported His Servant one night from Masjid-i-Haram to Masjid-i-Aqsa. Likewise all the objections raised against the various details which are given in the traditions are frivolous, except two, which are plausible:
First, if we accept these details, then we shall have to admit that AIIah is confined to a certain place: otherwise there was no need that His Servant should be transported for this purpose to a certain place. Secondly, according to traditions, the Holy Prophet was enabled to observe Paradise and Hell where he saw some people suffering from torment. The objection is: why should some people be awarded punishments or rewards before the Final Judgement after Resurrection?
As regards the first objection, it is true that Allah is Infinite by Himself, but in dealing with His creation, He employs those means which suit His imperfect creation not because of any limitation of His, but because of the limitations of His creation. For instance, when He speaks to any of His creature, He adopts the same limited mode of conversation as the addressee can understand, though He has limitless modes of speech. Likewise, when He desires to show some of the wonderful Signs of His Kingdom to a servant. He transports him to the place where the' Signs are to be shown. It is obvious that the servant cannot see at one and the same time the whole of the universe as Allah does, for AIlah has no need to go to any place at all for this purpose but the servant has. The same applies to the appearance of the servant before the Creator. Though AIIah is not confined to any locality, it is necessary for the servant to go to the place where His manifestations have been concentrated for his observation because it is not possible for the servant with his limited powers to go in His Presence in His Infinite Capacity.
As regards the second objection, it is based on the lack of understanding the thing: many of the Signs which were shown to the Holy Prophet were symbolical. For instance, a small hole from which a fat ox came out but could not go back into it, represented mischief personified. In the same way the adulterers were shown as if they had fresh meat before them but instead of that they were eating rotten flesh. Similarly punishments for evil deeds shown to him were only symbolic observations of the punishments in the Hereafter so that he might see in advance the things which would take place in the Hereafter.

In regard to the Mi `raj it should be kept in view that all the Prophets were enabled by AIlah to see His Signs in the heavens and the earth according to their ranks. And for this purpose all the material curtains were lifted so that they could see with their naked eyes the unseen realities, to which they were required to invite the people.
This was done so that the Prophets could say with full conviction what they had seen with their own eyes. For this experience would distinguish them from a philosopher who bases all his theories on guess-work and cannot say that he bears witness to what he claims. In contrast to philosophers, Prophets could say that they bore witness to the things which they presented because they had seen them with their own eyes.

Moreover, salat was prescribed in order to reform and purify their souls, as if to say, "This is the thing' which will produce in you those high qualities of character which are essential for everyone who intends to struggle in the righteous way Incidentally, we learn from Traditions that Mi'raj was the first occasion on which the five daily Prayers were prescribed to be offered at fixed times.
Insha Allah in my next post I will give the explanation of the verses 13—18 of surah Al-Najam.

OmAbdullah
06-26-2015, 11:12 PM
The English translation of the verses 13---18 is here with its explanatory notes from the Commentary of S. ABULA’LAMAUDUDI, these verses are also related with the occasion of Mi’raaj:

(53:13) Indeed he saw him a second time,

(53:14) by the lote-tree at the farthest boundary,

(53:15) near which is the Garden of Abode.

*11 This is about the Holy Prophet's second meeting with Gabriel (upon whom be peace) in which he appeared before him in his real shape and nature. The place where this meeting took place has been described as Sidrat-al-muntaha, along with which it has been said that nearby it is located Jannat al ma'va (Garden of Repose).
Sidrah in Arabic means the lote-tree and muntaha the extreme edge or limit. Thus, literally, sidrat al-muntaha means "the lote-tree that is situated on the extreme edge or limit". 'Allama Alusi in his Ruh al-Ma'ani has explained it thus: "At this the knowledge of every learned man comes to an end; whatever is beyond it is known to none but Allah. " Almost the same explanation of it has been given by Ibn Jarir in his commentary, and by Ibn kathir in An-Nihayah fi Gharib alHadith wal-Athar. It is difficult for us to know what kind of a lote-tree it is that is situated at the farthest end of this physical world and what is its nature and state. These are the mysteries of the Divine Universe which are incomprehensible for us. In any case, it is some such thing for which there was no more appropriate word than "sidrah " in human language, in the sight of AIIah.

" Jannat al-ma'va' literally means "the Jannat (Garden) that is to be an abode. " Hadrat Hasan Basri says that this is the same Jannat which the believers and righteous will be given in the Hereafter, and from this same verse he has argued that that Jannat is in the heavens. Qatadah says that this is the Jannat in which the souls of the martyrs are kept; it does not imply the Jannat that is to be given in the Hereafter. Ibn 'Abbas also says the same but adds that the Jannat to be granted to the believers in the Hereafter is not in the heavens but here on the earth.

(53:16) (This was) when the lote-tree was covered with that which covered it. *12

*12 That is, "its Splendor and Glory exceeds aII description. The Divine Glory and effulgence was such as can neither be conceived by man nor can any haman language depict it adequately.

(53:17) His eye did not waver, nor did it stray, *13

*13 That is, "On the one hand, the Holy Messenger of Allah was so firm and steadfast that even in the Presence of the great Divine Splendor and Glory his sight was not dazzled and he went on gazing at it with great composure. On the other, he was in such complete control of himself and so exclusively attentive that he kept his mind and his sight focused upon the object for which he had been summoned, and he did not let his sight wander to any side like a spectator's to have a glimpse of the wonderful objects present there. This can be understood by the example of a person who gets an opportunity to be present in the court of a mighty and powerful king, where he comes across such glory and splendor that had never even been conceived by him before. Now, if he be a shallow person, he would be struck with amazement, and if he be un-initiated in the court etiquette, he would become heedless of the royal presence and would turn his gaze to every side to look at the embellishments of the court. But a noble, reverent and dutiful person will neither be stupefied and confounded, nor will become lost in witnessing the court, but will present himself with full dignity and will keep his mind concentrated on the object for which he had been summoned in the royal court. This very virtue and quality of the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) has been esteemed in this verse.

(53:18) and he certainly saw some of the greatest Signs of His Lord. *14

*14 This verse clearly states that the Holy Prophet had not seen AIIah but His wonderful Sings. Even according to the context, this second meeting also took place with the same being with whom the first meeting had taken place. Therefore, one will have to admit that neither the one whom he had first seen on the uppermost horizon was Allah nor he whom he saw afterwards by the farthest lote-tree was AIIah. Had he seen Allah Almighty on either occasion it would have been a great thing and must certainly have been mentioned here explicitly. About the Prophet Moses it has been said in the Qur'an that he had besought to see AIIah And the reply given was: Lan tarani "You cannot sec Me." (Al-A'raf 143). Now, obviously if this honour that was not granted to the Prophet Moses, had been granted to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (upon whom be Allah's peace and blessings), it would by itself have been such an important thing which must have been stated in clear words. But we see that nowhere in the Qur'an has it been said that the Holy Prophet had seen his Sustainer and Lord. But in Surah Bani Isra'il also, where mention has been made of the event of Mi`raj (Ascension), it has been said that "We had transported Our servant...so that We may show him some of Our Signs" (li-nuriya -hu min ayat-i na), and here in connection with his visit at Sidrat al-muntaha also it has been said: "He saw of the greatest Signs of His Lord" (laqad ra a min ayat-i Rabb-i-hil kubra).
In view of these reasons apparently there was no ground for the dispute whether the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) on both these occasions had seen Allah Almighty or the Angel Gabriel (on whom be peace). But, the reason that has given rise to this dispute is that the traditions of Hadith differ on this question. Below we reproduce in their sequence the Ahadith that have been reported from the different Companions in this regard:

(1) Traditions of Hadrat `A'ishah:

Hadrat Masruq has stated in Kitab at-Tafsir of Bukhari asked Hadrat 'A'ishah: O mother of the faithful! Had Muhammad (upon whom be Allah's peace) seen his Lord and Sustainer? She replied: Your question has terrified me. Why do you forget that if a person lays claim to three of the things, he would lay a false claim ? (The first of these things that Hadrat `A'ishah mentioned was): Whoever among you says that Muhammad (upon whom be Allah's peace) had seen his Lord and Sustainer, tells a lie. Then Hadrat `A'ishah recited these verses: La tudriku-hul-absar "Eyes cannot comprehend Him; " and: Ma kana li-bashar-in anyyukallima-hullah-u illa wahy-an au min-wara-i-hijab- in au yursila rasul an fayu-hia bi-idhni hi ma yasha-u: "It is not given to any mortal that Allah should speak to him, face to face; He, speaks either through Revelation (secret instruction), or from behind a curtain, or He sends a messenger (an angel), who by Allah's Command, reveals whatever He wills." (Ash-Shura: 51). Then she said: °The Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) in fact had seen Gabriel (on whom be peace) in his real shape twice."

A part of this Hadith is also found in Bukhari (chapter 4 of Kitab atTauhid) And in the tradition that Bukhari has cited from Masruq in Kitab Bida 'aI-Khalq, he states: "Hearing this thing from Hadrat `A'ishah, I asked: What would then Allah's words, Thumma dana fa-tadalla, fa-Kana qaba qausain-i au adna. mean ? She replied: This refers to Gabriel; he always appeared before the Holy Prophet in human shape, but on this occasion he had appeared before him in his real shape and nature and the whole horizon was filled with him. "
In Muslim (Kitab al-Iman, Babu fi Dhikr Sidrat al-muntaha) this conversation between Hadrat `A'ishah and Masruq has been related in greater detail, its most important part being this: "Hadrat `A'ishah said: The one who claims that Muhammad (upon whom be Allah's peace and blessings) had seen his Lord and Sustainer imputes a lie to Allah. Masruq says: I was leaning back. Hearing this I sat up and said: Mother of the faithful, do not make haste: Has not Allah said: wa laqad ra'a-hu bil-ufuq-il mubin? and laqad ra'a-hu nazlat-an ukhra '' Hadrat 'A'ishah replied: I was the first one in this Ummah who inquired of the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) about this. He had replied: "It was Gabriel (on whom be peace). I have never seen him in his real shape and form in which Allah has created him except on these two occasions. On these two occasions I saw him descending from the heavens and his great presence was covering the whole space between the earth and the heavens."
Ibn Marduyah has related this tradition of Masruq, thus: "Hadrat `A'ishah said: I was indeed the first person who asked the Holy Prophet: Did you ever see your Lord and Sustainer? He replied: No, I had only seen Gabriel descending from the heavens."

(2) Traditions of Hadrat `Abdullah bin Mas`ud:

Bukhari (Kitab at-Tafsir), Muslim (Kitab al Iman) and Tirmidhi (Abwab' at-Tafsir) contain a tradition on the authority of Zin bin Hubaish, saying that Hadrat `Abdullah bin Mas`ud gave this commentary of fa-kana qaba qausain-i au adna: "The Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) saw Gabriel (on whom be peace) in the shape that he had six hundred wings."
In the other traditions of Muslim, Zirr bin Hubaish has reported this very commentary of Ma kadhab al-fu adu ma ra'a and laqad ra a min ayat-i Rabbi-hil kubra from Hadrat `Abdullah bin Mas`ud. In Musnad Ahmad this commentary of Ibn Mas`ud has been reported by 'Abdur Rahman bin Yazid and Abu Wail also besides Zirr bin Hubaish. Furthermore, in Musnad Ahmad two more traditions of Zirr bin Hubaish have been related in which Hadrat `Abdullah bin Mas`ud commenting upon wa laqad ra a-hu nazlat-an ukhra, 'inda-sidrat-il muntaha stated: "The Holy Messenger of AIIah said that he saw Gabriel by the lote-tree he had six hundred wings. "Imam Ahmad has cited a tradition on the same subject, on the authority of Shaqiq bin Salamah also, in which he states that he heard Hadrat `Abdullah bin Mas'ud saying that the Holy Prophet himself had said that he had seen Gabriel (on whom be peace) in that shape at sidrat al-muntaha.

(3) When 'Ata' bin Abi Rabah asked Hadrat Abu Hurairah the meaning of the verse laqad ra a-hu nazlat-an ukhra, he replied: "The Holy Prophet had seen Gabriel (on whom be peace).": (Muslim: Kitab al lman).

(4) Imam Muslim has related in kitab al-Iman two traditions of `Abdullah bin Shaqiq on the authority of Hadrat Abu Dharr Ghifari, in one of which he says that he asked the Holy Prophet: "Did you ever see your Lord?" The Holy Prophet replied: Nur-un anna ara-hu; and in the other he says that the Holy Prophet gave this answer to his question: Ra 'aitu nur-an. Of the first answer of the Holy Prophet Ibn al-Qayyim has given this meaning in his Zad al-Ma ad: "Between me and the sight of my Lord there was Light," and of the second this: "I did not see my Lord but only a Light."

(5 ) Imam Muslim in his Kitab al-Iman has related this tradition from Hadrat Abu Musa al-Ash`ari: "The Holy Prophet said: The sight of no one from among His creatures has reached Allah Almighty."

. " As for the other traditions that we have cited above, the weightiest among them are those that have been related from Hadrat `Abdullah bin Mas'ud and Hadrat `A'ishah, for both of them have unanimously reported this saying of the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) himself that on neither occasion he had seen AIIah but Gabriel (peace be on him), and these traditions fully conform to the explanations and allusions of the Qur'an. Furthermore, they are also confirmed by the sayings of the Holy Prophet which Hadrat Abu Dharr and Hadrat Abu Musa al-Ash'ari have reported from him. On the contrary the traditions that have been cited from Hadrat 'Abdullah bin `Abbas in the books of Hadith are self-eontradictory. In some he regards both the experiences as a vision with the eyes, in some both as a vision with the heart, in some one with the eyes and the other with the heart, and in some he wholly negates the vision with the eyes. In none of these traditions he has cited any saying of the Holy Prophet himself and where he has cited such a saying, it contains no mention of either of the two experiences stated in the Qur'an; besides, the explanation of one of his traditions givcn by the other indicates that the Holy Prophet at some time bad seen Allah Almighty not in the waking condition but in a vision during sleep. Therefore, in fact, for the commentary of these verses the traditions ascribed to Hadrat 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas cannot be held as reliable. Likewise, although the traditions of Muhammad bin Ka'b al-Qurzi cite a saying of the Holy Prophet, they do not mention the names of the Companions who might have heard this thing from the Holy Prophet himself. Moreover, in one of them it has been said that the Holy Prophet had clearly denied having seen Allah with the eyes.

OmAbdullah
07-25-2015, 03:40 PM
Some of the details about Mi’raaj

Details are given of the event of Mi’raaj in the books of hadeeth like Saheeh- al-Bukhaari and seerah books like Seerat-un-Nabawiyyah by Ibn Hishaam and that by Abul Ala Maududi. A reader can find these details under the topic Mi’raaj.
I am posting some of them here:

1. On the way from Al-Masjid-al-Haraam to Al-Masjid-al-Aqsa the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) met a few travelling tribes. Later on when the kaafirs wanted proof, the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) told them about those travelling tribes and the kaafirs confirmed the truth of the great news by asking those tribes.

1. In the Masjid-al-Aqsa the Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) led all of the previous Prophets alaihim salaam in 2 rakaat (cycles ) congregational prayer before his journey to heavens.

Next day the guardian of Masjid-al-Aqsa told his people that he had found signs of some great activity that had happened in the Masjid al Aqsa the previous night.

1. From the Masjid al Aqsa the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him), on the Burak and in company with Jibreel alaihi salaam, went up to the first heaven. They knocked the door. The question came from inside, “who is it?” The answer was, “Jibreel”. Again question, “Who is with him?” Answer, “Muhammad”. Question, “Is he invited?” Answer, “yes”. The door was opened and the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) was welcomed with the words of great honor. The same thing happened at the door of each of the 7 heavens.

1. In the first heaven the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) saw a man with a big crowd of people on his right and another big crowd on his left side. He smiled when he looked to the right side and wept when he looked on his left side. Jibreel alaihi salaam told Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) that the man was Adam alaihi salaam, the right-sided crowd was those descendants of Adam alaihi salaam who were the dwellers of Paradise while on his left were from his descendants that became the dwellers of the Hell-Fire!!!

Adam alaihi salaam welcomed Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) with love.

The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) saw an angel who seemed to be very harsh and didn’t smile at all while the other angels were very kind in behavior. The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) asked Jibreel alaihi salaam about the harsh angel, he was told that the angel was malik. That is the angel appointed on Hell! He never smiles or laughs!!!

The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) saw different types of punishments like some people with very big bellies were standing in the midst of a river of blood. They were struggling hard to come to the river-bank, when they reached near it they were stoned until they reached back to the middle of the river. Again they tried and the same stoning was repeated. Jibreel alaihi salaam told Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) that they were the criminals who used to eat interest/usury.

There were some people who had fresh flesh to eat but they chose rotten flesh for their food. The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) was told that they were adulterers and fornicators who, in this world, used to leave lawful spouses and enjoyed unlawful sex relations.

A big fat ox came out of a small hole and then tried to enter the hole again but in vain. The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) was told that this was the example of the words of fitnah which come out and become a cause of a terrible mischief which, then, cannot be controlled.

Also some other punishments were shown to him.

1. Then Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him), on Burak with Jibreel alaihi salaam, went to the second heaven. The door was knocked and opened in the same way. The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) met Eisa (Jesus) alaihi salaam. After that Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) went to the rest of the heavens one by one and met many prophets alaihim salaam in different heavens. He saw Haaroun, Idrees, Musa and Ibraheem alaihim salaam.

1. Ibraheem alaihi salaam was reclining against the wall of the Bait-ul-Mamoor, a Masjid which is a Ka’bah in that heaven like our Ka’bah in Makkah. In that Masjid 70,000 angels pray/prostrate at one time and then they cannot get their turn until the Day of Judgement!!!

1. From the 7th heaven he went up to the Sidratul-Muntaha with Jibreel alaihi salaam. That was the last limit for Jibreel alaihi salaam who couldn’t ascend beyond that point!

1. From Sidratul-Muntaha, Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) was taken up to the Great Thrown by the Grace of Allah. There Allah Almighty spoke to him from behind a screen and gave him the last verses of surah Al- Baqrah as well as 50 prayers/day obligation for his Ummah.

1. Then the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) descended and when he reached the level of Musa (Moses) alaihi salaam, he (Musa alaihi salaam) asked him about what was given to his Ummah? Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) told him about 50 daily obligatory prayers. Musa alaihi salaam advised him to go back to Allah (near Allah’s Thrown) and request Allah to decrease this obligatory duty because he had the experience with his Ummah (of Bani Isra’eel), meaning that the Ummati Muslimah will fail to fulfill this duty. Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) went up and requested Allah to decrease the daily prayers. Allah Almighty decreased only 5 prayers and Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) came back with 45 daily prayers for his Ummah. Again Musa alaihi salaam advised him to go back and request for decrease, so he went up again and requested Allah upon which 5 prayers were decreased and 40 were left. He was advised by Musa alaihi salaam and sent back to the Thrown of Allah again and again until the prayers were decreased to 5/day and Allah Almighty told him that Allah’s words don’t change, these are 5 prayers but their reward is equal to 50 prayers/day. Musa alaihi salaam was advising Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) again and again to decrease the prayers because he had a very bad experience with the people of his Ummah.

1. Then Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) came back to the Masjid-al-Aqsa, on Buraak with Jibreel alaihi salaam and from there to the Masjid-al-Haraam.

1. The next day the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) told his people about the wonderful journey of the previous night. The kaafirs wanted proof and they then asked the tribes that had met Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) during his journey to Masjid al Aqsa. They said “yes” they had seen him travelling. Also the kaafirs asked him about the shape of Masjid al Aqsa which was explained by Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) by the Grace of Allah.

1. Abu Bakar Siddeeq radhi Allaho anhu was far away, unaware of this news. Some of the kaafirs told him about this story of Mi’raaj. He said that if such a news was really given by Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) then he believed in it and that he could believe in a news more surprising than this news, and he believed that angels used to come to him every morning and evening. On this strong belief of Abu Bakar, Allah gave him the title of Siddeeq.

OmAbdullah
08-04-2015, 09:51 PM
The Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) was Prophet for both mankind and Jinn.

This is proved from the verses of surah Al-Ahqaaf and surah Al-Jinn. The tafseer (commentary ) of S. ABUL A’LA MAUDUDI explains that when Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) was returning from Ta’if in disappointed and grieved state, he stayed in Nakhlah for a few days. One night he was reciting the Holy Quraan in his prayer when a group of Jinn passed by that way. They stopped and heard the Quraan and then they went to their nation and informed their people about the revelation of the Holy Quraan.

The verses 29—32 of the surah Al-Ahqaaf have the story. The English translation of these verses is:

(46:29) And call to mind when We sent to you a party of the jinn that they may listen to the Qur'an.
33 When they reached the place (where you were reciting the Qur'an), they said to one another: “Be silent (and listen).” And when the recitation ended, they went back to their people as warners.

33. The traditions that have been related from Abdullah bin Masud, Zubair, Abdullah bin Abbas, Hasan Basri, Saeed bin Jubair, Zarr bin Hubaish, Mujahid, Ikrimah and others in connection with the commentary of this verse concur that this incident of the first visit of the jinns, which has been mentioned in this verse, had occurred in the valley of Nakhlah. And according to Ibn Ishaq, Abu Nuaim Isfahaini and Waqidi, this incident occurred during the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) return journey from Taif to Makkah. On the way, when he halted at Nakhlah, and was reciting the Quran in the Isha or the Fajr or the Tahajjud Prayer, a group of the jinns happened to pass by and stopped to listen to him. In this connection, all the traditions agree that on this occasion the jinns did not appear before the Prophet (peace be upon him), nor did he feel their presence, but Allah informed him afterwards by revelation that they had come and listened to the Quranic recitation.

The place where this incident took place was either Az- Zaimah or AsSayl-ul-Kabir, for both these places are situated in the valley of Nakhlah and at both water is available and are green; if the travelers from Taif have to halt in this valley, they can halt at either of the places.

(46:30) They said: “Our people, We have heard a Scripture revealed after Moses, verifying the Scriptures revealed before it; it guides to the Truth and to the Straight Way.

34. This shows that these jinns had already had faith in the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) and in the divine Books. After hearing the Quran they felt that it gave the same teachings as the former Prophets had been preaching. Therefore, they believed in this Book forthwith and also in the Prophet (peace be upon him) who had brought it.

(46:31) Our people, respond to the call of him who calls you to Allah and believe in him. Allah will forgive your sins and will protect you from a grievous chastisement.”

35. Authentic traditions show that after this several deputations of the jinns visited the Prophet (peace be upon him), one after the other, and met him face to face. When all the traditions related in the collections of Hadith on this subject are read together, it appears that at least six deputations had visited him in Makkah before the Hijrah.

About one of these deputations, Abdullah bin Masud relates: One day the Prophet (peace be upon him) remained missing from Makkah for the whole night. We could not know his whereabouts and feared he might have been attacked by somebody. Early in the morning we saw him coming from the direction of Hira. On inquiring he said that a jinn had come to invite him and he had accompanied him and recited the Quran to a gathering of them there. (Muslim, Musnad Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Abu Daud).

Abdullah bin Masud has related another tradition, saying: Once the Prophet (peace be upon him) asked his companions in Makkah as to which of them would accompany him that night to meet the jinns. I became ready to go with him. At a place in the upper quarters of Makkah the Prophet (peace be upon him) drew a line and told me not to cross it. Then he went forward and stood and began to recite the Quran. I saw that a number of the people had gathered around him and they stood between me and him. (Ibn Jarir, Baihaqi: Dalail an-Nubuwwat, Abu Nuaim Isfahani: Dalail an-Nubuwuat).

On another occasion also during the night Abdullah bin Masud was with the Prophet (peace be upon him) when he decided a case of the jinns at Hajun in Makkah. Many years later Ibn Masud saw a group of the villagers at Kufa and said that the group of the jinns he had seen at Hajun closely resembled those people. (Ibn Jarir).

(46:32) And
36 he who does not respond to the one who calls to Allah will not be able to frustrate Him on earth, nor will they have anyone to protect them from Allah. Such people are in manifest error.

36. This sentence might also be a part of the saying of the jinns, or it might be an addition by Allah to their saying. In view of the context the second view seems to be more reasonable.

OmAbdullah
08-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Evidence from surah Al-Jinn

The translation and explanation of the verses 1---16 of surah Al-Jinn is as follows, (it is taken from the commentary of S. ABUL A’LA MAUDUDI; tafheem.net, then go to “Towards understanding Quraan”):

(72:1) Say, (O Prophet), it was revealed to me that a band of jinn attentively listened
1 to (the recitation of the Qur'an) and then (went back to their people) and said:

1. This shows that the jinn at that time were not visible to the Prophet (peace be upon him), nor he knew that they were hearing the Quran being recited, but Allah informed him of the incident afterwards by revelation. Abdullah bin Abbas has also, in connection with this incident, stated: The Messenger (peace be upon him) of Allah had not recited the Quran before the jinn, nor did he see them. (Muslim, Tirmidhi, Musnad Ahmad, Ibn Jarir).

(72:2) “We have indeed heard a wonderful Qur'an2 which guides to the Right Way; so we have come to believe in it, and we will not associate aught with Our Lord in His Divinity”;3

2. The words in the original are: Quran-un-ajaba, which means “something which is read again and again”, and the jinn probably used this word in this very meaning, for they were introduced to this divine revelation for the first time, and they did not perhaps know then that what they were hearing, was the Quran itself. Ajab is a superlative, which is used in Arabic for a wonderful thing. So, what the jinn said means: We have heard such a wonderful recital which is unique both in its language and in its subject-matter.
This also shows that the jinn not only hear what human beings say but also understand their language, although it is not necessary that all the jinn might know all the human languages. It is possible that those of them who live in a particular region of the earth might know the language of the people of that region. But in any case this statement of the Quran clearly shows that the jinn who listened to the Quran at that time were so conversant with the Arabic language that they not only appreciated the matchless eloquence of the divine word but also understood its sublime subject-matter.

3. This throws light on several things:

(1) That the jinn do not deny Allah’s existence and His being Lord and Sustainer.

(2) That among them there are polytheists also, who like polytheistic human beings ascribe divinity to others than Allah: thus, the community of the jinn whose members heard the Quran was polytheistic.

(3) That the Prophethood and revelation of divine scriptures does not exist among the jinn, but whoever of them believe, they believe in the Prophets raised among human beings and in the Books brought by them. This same thing is confirmed by( Surah Al-Ahqaf, Ayats 29-30), where it has been stated that the jinn who had then heard the Quran, were from among the followers of the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him), and they after having heard the Quran, had invited their people to believe in the revelation that had been sent down by God confirming the previous scriptures. Surah Ar-Rahman also points to the same, for its whole subject-matter shows that the audience of the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) invitation are both the men and the jinn.

(72:3) and that “He – exalted be His Majesty – has not taken to Himself either a wife or a son”;

4. From this we know two things:

(1) That these jinn were either from among the Christian jinn, or they were followers of a different religion in which Allah was regarded as having children and families.

(2) That at that time the Prophet (peace be upon him) was reciting some such part of the Quran hearing which they realized the error of their creed and knew that it was sheer ignorance and impudence to ascribe wife and children to the High and Exalted Being of Allah.

(72:4) and that “the foolish among us
5 have been wont to say outrageous things about Allah”;

5. The word safihuna as used in the text can be spoken for an individual as well as for a group. If it is taken for a foolish individual, it would imply Iblis and if for a group, it would imply a group of foolish jinn who said such things.

(72:5) and that “we had thought that men and jinn would never speak a lie about Allah”,

6. That is, we were misled by those falsehoods because we could never think that the men or the jinn could ever dare forge a lie about Allah, but having heard this Quran we now know that they were, in fact, liars.

(72:6) and that “some from among the humans used to seek protection of some among the jinn, and thus they increased the arrogance
7 of the jinn”;

7. Ibn Abbas says that in the pre-Islamic days of ignorance when the Arabs had to spend a night in some uninhabited, desolate valley, they would shout out: We seek refuge of the jinn, who is owner of this valley. In other traditions of the pre-Islamic ignorance also the same thing has been reported frequently. For example, if in a place they ran short of water and fodder, the wandering Bedouins would send one of their men to some other place to see if water and fodder were available; and when they reached the new site under his direction, they would shout out before they halted to pitch the camp: We seek refuge of the sustainer of this valley so that we may live here in peace from every calamity. They believed that every un-inhabited place was under the control of one or another jinn and if someone stayed there without seeking his refuge, the jinn would either himself trouble the settlers, or would let others trouble them. These believing jinn are referring to this very thing. They meant that when man, the vicegerent of the earth, started fearing them without any reason, and started seeking their refuge instead of God’s, it caused their people to become even more arrogant, haughty and wicked, and they became even more fearless and bold in adopting error and disbelief.

(72:7) and that “they thought, even as you thought, that Allah would never raise anyone (as a Messenger)”;

8. Another meaning of this sentence can be: Allah will not resurrect anyone after death. As the words are comprehensive, they can be taken to mean that, as among human beings, so among the jinn were those who denied both the Prophethood and the Hereafter. However, in view of the theme that follows, the meaning that we have given in the text above is preferable, for according to it these believing jinn tell the people of their community: Your view is proved wrong that Allah will not appoint anyone as a Messenger. In fact, the gates of heavens have been closed on us only because Allah has already appointed a Messenger.

(72:8) and that “we tried to pry (the secrets of) the heaven, but we found it full of terrible guards and shooting meteors”;

(72:9) and that “we would take up stations in the heaven to try to hear but anyone who now attempts to listen finds a shooting meteor in wait for him”;

9. This is the reason why these jinn were now out searching as to what particularly had happened or was going to happen on the earth, which had necessitated strict security measures against eavesdropping so that they were driven away from wherever they tried to eavesdrop in any way.

(72:10) and that “we do not know whether evil is intended for those on the earth, or whether their Lord intends to direct them to the Right Way”;

10. This shows that such extraordinary measures were adopted in the heavens only on two kinds of occasions. First, when Allah might decide to inflict the dwellers of the earth with a torment, and the divine will might be that before it was actually inflicted the jinn might not know and convey its news to warn their friendly human beings of the impending disaster. Second, that Allah might appoint a Messenger on the earth, and strict security measures might be adopted so that neither the messages being conveyed to him be interfered with by the satans nor should they be able to know beforehand what instructions were being given to the Messenger. Thus, the saying of the jinn means: When we noticed that strict security measures had been adopted in the heavens for the safeguard of the news, and the meteorites were being showered profusely, we wanted to know which of the two things had happened: Whether Allah had caused a torment to descend suddenly on some people of the earth, or a Messenger had been raised somewhere on the earth. We were on the lookout for the same when we heard the wonderful revelation, which guides to the right path, and we came to know that Allah had not sent down a torment but had raised a Messenger to show the right way to the people. For further explanation, see( E.Ns 8 to 12 of Surah Al-Hijr); (E.N. 7 of Surah As- Saaffat ) and (E.N. 11 of Surah Al-Mulk).

(72:11) and that “some of us are upright and some of us are otherwise for we follow widely divergent paths”;

11. That is, morally there are also good and bad jinn among us, and from the viewpoint of creed as well, all do not follow one and the same religion, but we are divided into different groups. With these words the believing jinn want to convince the other jinn of their community that they certainly stood in need of finding out the right way and could not dispense with this need.

(72:12) and that “we thought that we will neither be able to frustrate Allah on earth, nor frustrate Him by flight”;

12. That is, we were led by this very idea to the way of success. As we were not fearless of Allah and we believed that we would not be able to avoid His punishment if we disobeyed Him. So when we heard the divine revelation that had been sent to show the right way, we could not have the courage and boldness to persist in the beliefs that our foolish people had spread among us after we have known the truth.

(72:13) and that “when we heard the teaching of the Right Way we came to believe in it; he who believes in His Lord shall have no fear of suffering loss or being subjected to any injustice”;

13. Fear of deprivation: Fear of being given a lesser reward than what one actually deserves for one’s good deeds. Injustice: That one may be deprived of the reward for the good deeds done but duly punished for the errors committed or punished innocent; no believer has any fear of such an injustice from Allah.

(72:14) and that “among us some are Muslims (Those who have submitted to Allah), and some of us are deviant. So those who became Muslims found the Right Course;

(72:15) but those who deviated from the Truth, will be the fuel for Hell.”

14. Here, one may ask: When, according to the Quran, the jinn have been created from the fire, what harm can the fire of Hell do them? The answer is: Even according to the Quran, man has been created out of the earth; why does then man feel hurt when a clod of earth is thrown at him? The truth is that although the whole body of man has been made from the earthly substances, when a living man of flesh and blood is molded from them he becomes an entirely different thing from those substances; then other things made from the same substances become a means of causing harm to him. Likewise, although the jinn have also been created from the fire, when a living and sentient creation has been made from it, the same fire becomes a means of causing harm and hurt for it. (For further explanation, see (E.N. 15 of Surah Ar-Rahman).

(72:16) If
15 people were to keep firmly to the Right Way, We would have vouchsafed them abundant rain16

15. The conversation of the jinn having come to an end, with this begins the speech of Allah.

(I am also posting the introduction of this surah to get some more details about Jinn.)

Surah Al-Jinn 72:1-28

Chapter Introduction

JINN

Name

“Al-Jinn” is the name of this Surah as well as the title of its subject matter, for in it the event of the Jinn's hearing the Qur'an and returning to their people to preach Islam to them, has been related in detail.
Al-Jinn

Period of Revelation

According to a tradition related in Bukhari and Muslim, on the authority of Hadrat Abdullah bin Abbas, once the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) was going to Visit the Fair of Ukaz with some of his Companions, On the way he led the Fajr Prayer at Nakhlah. At that time a company of the jinn happened to pass that way. When they heard the Quran being recited, they tarried and listened to it attentively. This very event has been described in this Surah.

Most of the commentators, on the basis of this tradition, believe that this relates to the Holy Prophet's well known journey to Taif, which had taken place three years before the Hijrah in the 10th year of the Prophethood. But this is not correct for several reasons. The jinn's hearing the Qur'an during the journey to Taif has been related in Al-Ahqaf 29-32. A cursory reading of those verses shows that the jinn who had believed after hearing the Qur'an on that occasion were already believers in the Prophet Moses and the previous scriptures. On the contrary, vv. 2- 7 of this surah clearly show that the jinn who heard the Qur'an on this occasion were polytheists and deniers of the Hereafter and Prophethood. Then, it is confirmed historically that in his journey to Taif none accompanied the Holy Prophet except Hadrat Zaid bin Harithah. On the contrary, concerning this journey Ibn Abbas says that the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) was accompanied by some of his Companions. Furthermore, the traditions also agree that in that journey the jinn heard the Qur'an when the Holy Prophet had stopped at Nakhlah on his return journey from Taif to Makkah, and in this journey, according to the traditions of Ibn Abbas, the event of the jinn's hearing the Qur'an occurred when the Holy Prophet was going to Ukaz from Makkah. Therefore, in view of these reasons what seems to be correct is that in Surah Al-Ahqaf and Surah Al Jinn, one and the same event has not been narrated, but these were two separate events, which took place during two separate journeys.

As far as Surah Al-Ahqaf is concerned, it is agreed that the event mentioned in it occurred on the return journey from Taif in the 10th year of Prophethood. As for the question, when this second event took place, its answer is not given by the tradition of Ibn Abbas, nor any other historical tradition shows as to when the Holy Prophet had gone to the Fair of Ukaz along with some of his Companions. However, a little consideration of vv 8-10 of this surah shows that this could only be an event of the earliest stage of Prophethood. In these verses it has been stated that before the appointment of the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) to Divine Mission the jinn used to have one or another opportunity to eavesdrop in the heavens in order to hear news of the unseen, but after it they suddenly found that angels had been set as guards and meteorites were being shot on every side so that they could find no place of safety from where they could hear the secret news. Thereupon they had set about searching for the unusual thing that had occurred on the earth, or was going to occur, because of which the security measures had been tightened up. Probably since then many companies of the jinn must have been moving about in search of the unusual occurrence and one of them after having heard the Qur'an from the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) must have formed the opinion that that was the very thing for the sake of which all the gates of the heavens had been shut against the jinn.

Reality of Jinn

Before one starts the study of this Surah one must clearly know what is the reality of the jinn so as to avoid any possible mental confusion. Many people of the modern times are involved in the misunderstanding that the jinn are not real, but only a figment of the ancient superstition and myths. They have not formed this opinion on the basis that they have known all the realities and truths about the universe and have thus discovered that the jinn do not exist. They cannot claim to possess any such knowledge either. But they have assumed without reason and proof that nothing exists in the universe except what they can see, whereas the sphere of human perceptions as against the vastness of this great universe is not even comparable to a drop of water as against the ocean. Here, the person who thinks that what he does not perceive, does not exist, and what exists must necessarily be perceived, in fact, provides a proof of the narrowness of his own mind. With this mode of thought, not to speak of the jinn, man cannot even accept and acknowledge any reality, which he cannot directly experience and observe, and he cannot even admit the existence of God, to say nothing of admitting any other unseen reality.

Those of the Muslims who have been influenced by modernism, but cannot deny the Qur'an either, have given strange interpretations of the clear statements of the Qur'an about the jinn, Iblis and Satan. They say that this does not refer to any hidden creation, which may have its own independent existence, but it sometimes implies man's own animal forces, which have been called Satan, and sometimes it implies savage and wild mountain tribes, and sometimes the people who used to listen to the Qur'an secretly. But the statements of the Qur'an in this regard are so clear and explicit that these interpretations bear no relevance to them whatever.

The Qur'an frequently mentions the jinn and the men in a manner as to indicate that they are two separate creations. For this, see Al Araf: 38, Ha Mim As-Sajdah: 25,29, Ahqaf: 18, Adh Dhariyat: 56, and the entire surah Ar-Rahman, which bears such clear evidence as to leave no room to regard the jinn as a human species.

In Surah Al-Araf: 12, Al Hijr : 26-27 and Ar-Rahman : 14-19, it has been expressly stated that man was created out of clay and jinn out of fire.
In Surah Al Hijr: 27, it has been said that the jinn had been created before man. The same thing is testified by the story of Adam and Iblis, which has been told at seven different places in the Qur'an, and at every place it confirms that Iblis was already there at the creation of man. Moreover, in surah Al-Kahf: 50, it has been stated that Iblis belonged to the jinn.

In surah Al-Araf: 27, it has been stated in clear words that the jinn see the human beings but the human beings do not see them.

In surah Al-Hijr: 16-l8, surah As- Saaffat: 6-10 and surah Al-Mulk: 5, it has been said that although the jinn can ascend to the heavens, they cannot exceed a certain limit; if they try to ascend beyond that limit and try to hear what goes on in the heavens, they are not allowed to do so, and if they try to eavesdrop they are driven away by meteorites. By this the belief of the polytheistic Arabs that the jinn possess the knowledge of the unseen, or have access to Divine secrets, has been refuted. The same error has a]so been refuted in Saba: 14.

Al-Baqarah: 30-34 and Al- Kahf: 50 show that Allah has entrusted man with the vicegerency of the earth and the men are superior to the jinn. Although the jinn also have been given certain extraordinary powers and abilities an example of which is found in An-Naml 39, yet the animals likewise have been given some powers greater than man, but these are no argument that the animals are superior to man.

The Qur'an also explains that the jinn, like men, are a creation possessed of power and authority, and they, just like them, can choose between obedience and disobedience, faith and disbelief. This is confirmed by the story of Satan and the event of the jinn affirming the faith as found in Surahs Al-Ahqaf and Al-Jinn.

At scores of places in the Qur'an, it has also been stated that Iblis at the very creation of Adam had resolved to misguide mankind, and since then the Satanic jinn have been persistently trying to mislead man, but they do not have the power to overwhelm him and make him do something forcibly. However, they inspire him with evil suggestions, beguile him and make evil seem good to him. For this, see An-Nisa 117- 120, Al-Araf: 11-17, Ibrahim: 22, Al-Hijr: 30-42, An-Nahl 98-100, Bani Israil 61-65.

The Qur'an also tells us that in the pre Islamic ignorance the polytheistic Arabs regarded the jinn as associates of God, worshiped them and thought they were descended from God. For this, see A1-An'am: 100, Saba : 40-41, As Saffat: 158.

From these details, it becomes abundantly clear that the jinn have their own objective existence and are a concealed creation of an entirely different species from man. Because of their mysterious qualities, ignorant people have formed exaggerated notions and concepts about them and their powers, and have even worshiped them, but the Qur'an has explained the whole truth about them, which shows what they are and what they are not.

Theme and Topics

In this Surah in vv. 1-15, it has been told what was the impact of the Qur'an on the company of the jinn when they heard it and what they said to their fellow jinn when they returned to them. Allah, in this connection, has not cited their whole conversation but only those particular things which were worthy of mention. That is why the style is not that of a continuous speech but sentences have been cited so as to indicate that they said this and this. If one studies these sentences spoken by the jinn carefully, one can easily understand the real object of the narration of this event of their affirming the faith and or mentioning this conversation of theirs with their people in the Qur'an. The explanations that we have given of their statements in our Notes will be of further help in understanding this object.

After this, in vv 16-l8, the people have been admonished to the effect:"If you refrain from polytheism and follow the way of righteousness firmly, you will be blessed; otherwise if you turn away from the admonition sent down by Allah, you will meet with a severe punishment." Then, in vv. 19-23, the disbelievers of Makkah have been reproached, as if to say: When the Messenger of Allah calls you towards Allah, you surround and mob him from every side, whereas the only duty of the Messenger is to convey the messages of Allah. He does not claim to have any power to bring any gain or cause any harm to the people." Then, in vv. 24-25 the disbelievers have been warned to the effect: "Today you are trying to overpower and suppress the Messenger seeing that he is helpless and friendless, but a time will come when you will know who in actual fact is helpless and friendless. Whether that time is yet far off, or near at hand, the Messenger has no knowledge thereof, but it will come to pass in any case." In conclusion, the people have been told: The Knower of the unseen is Allah alone. The Messenger receives only that knowledge which Allah is pleased to give him. This knowledge pertains to matters connected with the performance of the duties of Prophethood and it is delivered to him in such security which does not admit of any external interference whatever.

OmAbdullah
08-24-2015, 07:32 PM
The coming of the Final Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) was from the signs of the Day of Resurrection. Allah Almighty said in the verse 18 of surah Muhammad, (its English translation is):

Do they then await The (Resurrection) Hour, that it should come upon them suddenly? But some of its portents (indications and signs) have already come, and when it does overtake them, what chance will be there for them to accept admonition?

According to the commentary of the above verse by S. ABUL A’LA MAUDUDI, one of the signs of The Resurrection Day is the coming of Allah’s Final Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) after whom no other prophet will come till Resurrection. Traditions have been related in Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi and Musnad Ahmad saying that the Holy Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) raised his index finger and the middle finger and said, “My advent and Resurrection are like these two fingers.” That is, “just as there is no other finger between these two fingers, so no other prophet will be raised between me and Resurrection; after me only Resurrection now will occur”.

OmAbdullah
09-03-2015, 11:21 PM
The Final Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) was and is Mercy for all worlds/nations to come.

Allah almighty said in the verse 107 of surah Al-Anbiya (its English translation is):

107. And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) not but as a mercy for the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

The meaning of this verse, as explained in commentary, is that the appointment of the Holy Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) is indeed a blessing and mercy of Allah to the whole world. This is because he aroused the neglectful world from its heedlessness and gave it the knowledge of the criterion between truth and falsehood and showed them very clearly the 2 ways, the way of salvation and that of ruin.

The Arab people along with all other nations were in terrible darkness. The Arabs used to bury their new born daughters alive, their tribes used to attack each other killing their men and kidnapping their women. The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) gave them the knowledge about the Hereafter, their accountability, and punishment in Hell as well as the reward in Paradise for the obedient believers. He gave us all a model of high moral character and a government with full law to give peace, safety and free justice to all. In short, he, by the Command and guidance of Allah Almighty, showed us the straight path which, if followed, will result in prosperity in both worlds. Therefore, those who reject his way are the ones who deprive themselves of mercy.

OmAbdullah
09-17-2015, 12:57 PM
The Education of The Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) was from Allah through Wahi (Revelation and Inspiration).

The Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) was illiterate. A hadeeth from Aa’ishah rAa is related in Imam Ahmad, Bukhari and Muslim in which Aa’ishah rAa states that revelations to the Holy Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) began in the form of true (according to other traditions, good) visions. Whichever vision he saw it seemed as though he saw it in broad daylight, (It used to come out very true). Afterwards solitude became dear to him and he would go to the cave of Hiraa’ to do worship of Allah for many days and nights. Aa’ishah rAa used the word tahannuth, a kind of worship that he did because until then the method of prayer was not revealed to him. One day when he was in the cave of Hiraa’, revelation came down to him unexpectedly and the angel said to him: “Read”. After that Aa’ishah rAa reports the words of the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) himself, to the effect: “I said; I cannot read! Thereupon the Angel took me and gave me a firm hug until I could bear it no more. Then he left me and said: read, I again said: I cannot read! He hugged me firmly a second time until I could bear it no more, then he left me and said: read, I again said I cannot read! He hugged me for the 3rd time until I could bear it no more. Then he left me and said: Iqra’ bismi Rabbi kalladhi khalaqa (Read in the name of your Lord Who created) till he reached maa lam ya’lam (what he did not know)”.

The translation of the 5 first verses of surah Al-Alaq which were revealed in the cave Hira during the very first revelation is:

1. Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists),

2. Created man from a clinging substance.
3. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous, 4.

4. Who taught by the pen -

5. Taught man that which he knew not.

I will leave the rest of the story of the first Revelation. Until here, the story proves that the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) couldn’t read. The explanatory note 1 of surah Al-alaq in the 6th volume of the commentary by S. ABUL A’LA MAUDUDI says that the saying of the Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) “I cannot read” indicates that the Angel had presented these verses before him in written form and had asked him to read them.

Thus the revelations started coming to the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him). In the beginning, when the revelation came, the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) used to recite it along with the Revelation in fear that he should not forget it as he knew that he had to convey the Message to the people. So he used to move his tongue quickly to memorize the surah/verses revealed. But moving the tongue in an attempt to memorize the Revelation might cause disturbance in hearing it. So the Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) was instructed 3 times to listen to the revelation of the Holy Quraan without trying to memorize it. He was given satisfaction that it was on Allah almighty to assemble and memorize the Revelation to him and then to recite it to the people. Also that it was on Allah to make him explain it to people. The three places in the Holy Quraan where he was given such instructions are:

Surah Taha verse 114; surah Al-Qiyamah verses 16, 17, 18, 19; surah Al-A’la verses 6, 7, 8.

The English translation of all these verses is:

Surah Taha;

Then High above all is Allah, the True King. And be not in haste (O Muhammad SAW) with the Quran before its revelation is completed to you, and say: "My Lord! Increase me in knowledge."

Surah Al-Qiyamah;

Move not your tongue concerning (the Quran, O Muhammad SAW) to make haste therewith.

It is for Us to collect it and to give you (O Muhammad SAW) the ability to recite it (the Quran),

So when We have recited it [through Gabriel], then follow its recitation.

19. Then lo! upon Us is the explanation thereof.

Al-A’la;

1. We will make you recite, [O Muhammad], and you will not forget,

2. Except what Allah, may will, He knows what is apparent and what is hidden.

3. And We will make it easy for you (to follow) the simple (Path).

After that the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) got used to receive the Revelation and it was memorized to him such that once he started 2 cycles of nafal prayer. A companion also stood to follow him in the prayer. The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) read surah Al-Baqarah, surah Ali-Imraan and surah Al-Nisaa in the first standing (cycle). The companion could not stand so long, therefore, he (the companion) completed his nafal (not obligatory) prayer alone. Moreover, the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) used to teach and explain the Holy Qur’aan to his companions. Abdullah Bin Mas’ood said that the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) used to teach them 10 verses at a time and then he would not proceed until they fully understood those 10 verses and acted upon them. In this way he made them great scholars. All of the high moral character of the companions as well as that of the whole Muslim society was the result of the teachings of Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) and he did it by the guidance of Allah Almighty!

OmAbdullah
09-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Some of the beautiful names / titles given to the Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) in the Holy Qur’aan are:

He was Nadheer and Basheer. Nadheer means warner who informs and warns about the Hell-Fire. Basheer means the one who gives glad tidings about Paradise.

Here is the translation of verse 19 of surah Al-Maidah:

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad SAW) making (things) clear unto you, after a break in (the series of) Messengers, lest you say: "There came unto us no bringer of glad tidings and no warner." But now has come unto you a bringer of glad tidings and a warner. And Allah is Able to do all things.

Nadheerun-Mubeen, It means plain / manifest warner. Here is the translation of the following verses of surah Al-Mulk:

25. They say: "When will this promise (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) come to pass? if you are telling the truth."

26. Say: "As to the knowledge of the time, it is with Allah alone: I am (sent) only to warn plainly in public."

He was Ra’oofur-Raheem, it means kind and merciful

Here is the translation of the verse 128 of surah Al-Tawbah:

There has certainly come to you a Messenger from among yourselves. Grievous to him is what you suffer; [he is] concerned over you and to the believers is kind and merciful.

Siraajan-Muneera, it means an illumunating lamp. ( Allah also used the name siraja for the sun. Giving this name “Siraja” to Muhammad sall Allaho alaihi wa sallam gives us the understanding of the vast nature of the light spreading from Muhammad sall Allaho alaihi wa sallam. It is the light of Islam i.e. the light of the Holy Qur’aan and the Sunnah.

O Prophet (MuhammadSAW )! Verily, We have sent you as witness, and a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner,

46. And as one who invites to Allah [Islamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allah (Alone)] by His Leave, and as a lamp spreading light (through your instructions from the Quran and the Sunnah the legal ways of the Prophet SAW ).

OmAbdullah
10-14-2015, 05:58 PM
I explain it once again in the light of the verses of the Holy Qur’aan that in spite of all that high status given to the Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) by Allah Almighty, he was a human being. He had only that knowledge which was given to him by Allah, he used to eat and drink, he used to become ill and took treatment, he would feel happy or sad according to circumstances. In short, he had all qualities of a normal human being. Here is the English translation of some verses in this regard:

Surah Bani-Isra’eel verses 90-94 (this surah is also called Al-Isra);

And they say, "We will not believe you until you break open for us from the ground a spring.
91. Or [until] you have a garden of palm tress and grapes and make rivers gush forth within them in force [and abundance]
92. Or you make the heaven fall upon us in fragments as you have claimed or you bring Allah and the angels before [us]
93. Or you have a house of gold or you ascend into the sky. And [even then], we will not believe in your ascension until you bring down to us a book we may read." Say, "Exalted is my Lord! Was I ever but a human messenger?"
94. And what prevented the people from believing when guidance came to them except that they said, "Has Allah sent a human messenger?"
95. Say, "If there were upon the earth angels walking securely, We would have sent down to them from the heaven an angel [as a] messenger."

Surah Al-A’raaf verse 188:

Say, "I don’t have the power to bring any good or avert any harm from myself, except what Allah has willed. And if I had the knowledge of the unseen, I would have acquired many benefits for myself, and no harm would have touched me. I am merely a warner and a bringer of good tidings to a people who believe."

Surah Al-An’aam verse 50:

50. Say (O Muhammad SAW): "I don't tell you that with me are the treasures of Allah, nor (that) I know the unseen; nor I tell you that I am an angel. I but follow what is revealed to me by inspiration." Say: "Are the blind and the one who sees equal? will you not then take thought?"

Surah Al-Furqaan verses 7---16

7. And they say, "What is this messenger that eats food and walks in the markets? Why was there not sent down to him an angel so he would be with him a warner?

8. Or [why is not] a treasure presented to him [from heaven], or why does he not have a garden from which he eats?" And the wrongdoers say, "You follow not but a man affected by magic."
9. See how they coin similitudes for you, so they have gone astray, and they cannot find a (Right) Path.
10. Blessed is He Who, if He will, will assign you better than (all) that, - Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise) and will assign you palaces (i.e. in Paradise).
11. Nay they deny the hour (of the judgment to come): but We have prepared a blazing fire for such as deny the hour:
12. When it (Hell) sees them from a far place, they will hear its raging and its roaring.
13. And when they are cast, bound together into a constricted place therein, they will plead for destruction there and then!
14. [They will be told], "Do not cry this Day for one destruction but cry for much destruction."
15. Say, "Is that better or the Garden of Eternity which is promised to the righteous? It will be for them a reward and destination.
16. For them there will be therein all that they desire, and they will abide (there forever). It is a promise binding upon your Lord that must be fulfilled.

The verses are very clear, they need no explanation. In short, the kaafirs and idolaters made excuses to reject the Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him). They said that a human being with all human needs, qualities and habits cannot be a prophet. They wanted an angel prophet with supernatural powers. All of their arguments were clearly answered.

Allah sent human prophets to guide human beings with the Divine Books. This was to fulfill the requirements of justice. On the Day of Judgment, when Hell is presented, with its raging Fire to mankind in the field of gathering, the huge crowd of all mankind will give a push in the opposite direction. At that time the criminals and sinners will start making many excuses to protect themselves from Hell. If Allah had sent angels prophets to mankind, it would be an easy and a valid excuse that the divine message was easy for the angel prophets to follow but it was impossible for human beings to act upon the message. So Allah sent Human Prophets for human beings and guided them to follow the Divine Revelations. The Divine Books were not sent as full Books at one time. Rather they were revealed little by little according to circumstances and the Prophets explained them orally and practically. The Holy Qur’aan was sent down in small portions (as a surah or as a few verses of a surah) when needed until its revelation got completed in a long period of 23 years. Thus the sinners and criminals will have no valid excuse to escape Justice and Punishment in the Hereafter.

OmAbdullah
11-05-2015, 07:59 AM
The commands of Allah regarding the marriages of Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam

Sometimes some ignorant non-Muslim objects about the marriages of Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam. Although Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam had done many marriages but there were special reasons for his marriages. Therefore, it is important to explain this topic in the light of the Holy Qur’aan.

When Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam was a young man of 25, he married Khadijah rAa. She was a 40 years old widow. The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) lived with her for 25 years until she passed away and that was the year of grief. All of his children, except Ibraheem alaihi sallm, were from her.

After the death of Khatijah rAa, He married an aged divorced woman Sawdah rAa in 3 before Hijrah to give her and her children shelter. Then Abu Bakar Siddeeq rAa gave him the proposal of Ayishah rAa and he accepted it. Her nikah was done with him in Makkah in 3 before Hijrah but the marriage was done in Shawaal 1 Hijrah. When the daughter of Umar rAa became widow and her iddah was completed, he gave proposal to Abu Bakar Siddeeq rAa to marry his daughter Hafsah rAa, but he didn’t get any answer. Then he went to Uthmaan rAa, whose wife, daughter of Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi sallam, had passed away and gave him proposal to marry Hafsah rAa. He replied that his heart didn’t want marriage. So Umar rAa went to the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) to complain about the two companions who rejected his proposal. The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) said that he would marry his daughter. So Hafsah rAa got married to him in Sha’baan 3 Hijrah. After that the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) gave shelter to another widow and her children, she was Um Salmah rAa.

Now the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) had 4 wives when Allah ordered him to take Zainab rAa binti Jahsh in mairrage. Her marriage was done directly by Allah and that was to invalidate the wrong law of mutabanna. (In Arab there was a custome to adopt a son called mutabanna. The rights of mutabanna were the same as that of the real son. Allah wanted justice therefore Allah invalidated the human made laws for adopted son.). One of those laws was that the widow or divorced wife of adopted son was not lawful for the father in law. Allah has made the law for real sons that he inherits from his real father and in case he divorces his wife or she becomes widow, the father-in-law cannot marry her. The same laws were applied for the adopted son. Zaid bin Harithah was the adopted son of the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him). He divorced his wife Zainab rAa binti Jahash because she considered him to be a slave and didn’t give him the respect of husband. ( In fact Zaid bin Harthah was the slave of Khadijah rAa in the pre Islamic time. When she got married to Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam, she gave her slave to him and he freed him, and advised him to go to his father. But he (Zaid rAa ) wanted to live with him due to his nice behavior, i.e he preffered him to his father. Then the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) adopted him as son and so people started calling him Zaid ibn Muhammad. Then Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam did his marriage with Zainab rAa and gave her a lot of mahar. Zainab rAa was the first cousin of Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam i.e. she was from a great family. She didn’t like this marriage as Zaid rAa was originally a slave of their family but she and her family had to accept the proposal given by the prophet of Allah. Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam wanted to give an equal status to a slave but later the marriage couldn’t succeed as Zainab rAa looked down at her husband due to his previous slavery. So Allah ordered HIS Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) to marry Zainab rAa to cancel the wrong, unjust law made by the those people. This marriage was very difficult for Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam. He hesitated that the idolaters would say wrong things about Islam but Allah did that marriage above in the heavens and the false law was negated. You can see this story in surah Al-Ahzaab. Note the starting of the surah Al-Ahzaab, it has strict words for the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) due to his hesitation in obeying Allah’s Command. The English translation of the first verses of surah Al-Ahzaab is:

Surah Al-Ahzaab 1—3:

1. O Prophet, fear Allah and do not obey the disbelievers and the hypocrites. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.

2. And follow that which is inspired in you from your Lord. Verily, Allah is Well Acquainted with what you do.

3. And put your trust in Allah, and enough is Allah as a disposer of affairs.

As you can see these verses are strict in nature and are advising and encouraging Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam to do what is he ordered to. In fact, as the relations between Zaid bin Haaritha and his wife were disturbing, he (Zaid rAa) was informing Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam about the situation and his decision to divorce Zainab rAa. Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam understood and may be that he knew from Allah through inspiration that in case Zaid divorced her, he would have to marry her. Being a human being and sincere for Islam, he was worried that if that happened, the kaafirs would get a chance to defame Islam saying that look, he got married with his daughter in-law. So he again and again tried to advise Zaid rAa to be patient and keep away from divorcing her. So in these very first verses of the surah Al-Ahzaab, Allah strictly advised him to obey Allah and forget about the kaafirs’ response; and trust Allah, every thing will be alright. So Zainab rAa got divorced from Zaid and got married to Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam directly by Allah’s Command. No nikah (marriage contract) was done on the earth. Zainab rAa used to say with pleasure that her marriage was done with Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam in the heavens.

Although in Isalm poor, rich all are equal but in case of marriage it is important to see that man/boy must be of equal or higher status. This is important to protect the family from breaking and the rule is taken from this case where Zainab rAa couldn’t live with a husband who was a slave in the past.

The verses which mention this marriage are 37--38 of surah Al-Ahzaab, their English translation is:

And (remember) when you said to him (Zaid bin Harithah, the freedslave of the Prophet SAW) on whom Allah has bestowed Grace (by guiding him to Islam) and you (O Muhammad SAW too) have done favour (by manumitting him) "Keep your wife to yourself, and fear Allah." But you did hide in yourself that which Allah will make manifest, you did fear the people whereas Allah had a better right that you should fear Him. So when Zaid had accomplished his desire from her (i.e. divorced her), We gave her to you in marriage, so that (in future) there may be no difficulty to the believers in respect of (the marriage of) the wives of their adopted sons when the latter have no desire to keep them (i.e. they have divorced them). And Allah's Command must be fulfilled.

There is no blame on the Prophet in that which Allah has obligated upon him. [This is] the established way of Allah with those [prophets] who have passed on before. And ever is the command of Allah a destiny decreed.

Now there were 5 wives with the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam. So he was worried that the kaafirs might put waswasa in the Muslims that they could keep 4 wives while he himself got 5 wives. Then Allah Almighty revealed the verse 50 of surah Al-Ahzaab which made it very clear that the marriages of the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam were by Allah’s Command. The English translation of verse 50 of surah Al-ahzaab is:

O Prophet, indeed We have made lawful to you your wives to whom you have given their due compensation and those your right hand possesses from what Allah has returned to you [of captives] and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who emigrated with you and a believing woman if she gives herself to the Prophet [and] if the Prophet wishes to marry her, [this is] only for you, excluding the [other] believers. We certainly know what We have made obligatory upon them concerning their wives and those their right hands possess, [but this is for you] in order that there will be upon you no discomfort. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

To explain the verse 50 of surah Al-Ahzaab, I am posting the Exp. Note 90 from Tafheemul Qur’aan of S.ABUL A’LA MAUDUDI:

90. This is the reason why Allah made the Prophet (peace be upon him) an exception to the general rule. “That there should be no difficulty (restraint) upon you.” does not mean that he was, God forbid, a very lustful person, and therefore, he was permitted to marry several wives so that he might not feel any hindrance due to the restriction to four wives. This meaning will be understood only by the person who, blinded by prejudice, forgets that the Prophet (peace be upon him) at the age of 25 married a lady who was 40 years old, and lived a happy, contented married life with her for full 25 years. Then, when she died, he marred another old lady Saudah, who remained his only wife for the next four years. Now, no sensible and honest person can imagine that when he became over fifty-three he was suddenly filled with lust and needed to have more and more wives. In fact, in order to understand the meaning of “no restraint”, one should, on the one hand, keep in view the great task whose responsibility Allah had placed on the Prophet (peace be upon him), and on the other hand, understand the conditions and circumstances under which he had been appointed to accomplish the great task. Anyone who understands these two things with an unbiased mind, will certainly realize why it was necessary to grant him freedom in respect of the wives and what hindrance was there for him in the restriction to four wives.

The task entrusted to the Prophet (peace be upon him) was that he should mold and chisel by all-round education and training an uncouth, uncultured nation which was not uncivilized only from the Islamic point of view but from a general viewpoint as well, into a highly civilized, refined and virtuous nation. For this purpose an unbiased mind will certainly realize why it was necessary to grant him freedom in respect of the wives and what hindrance was there for him in the restriction to four wives. For this purpose it was not enough only to train men but the training of the women was also equally necessary. However, the principles of social life and civilization which he had been appointed to teach forbade free mixing of the sexes together, and it was not possible for him to impart direct training to the womenfolk without violating this rule. Therefore, for imparting education to the women the only alternative left for him was that he should marry several women of different ages and mental capabilities and should prepare them by education and training to become his helpers, and then employ them to give religious instructions to the young, middle-aged and old women of the city and desert and teach them the new principles of morality and civilization. Moreover, the Prophet (peace be upon him) had also been appointed to abolish the system of life of the pre-Islamic days of ignorance and replace it with the Islamic system of life practically. For the accomplishment of this task a conflict was inevitable with those who upheld the system of ignorance, and this conflict was being encountered in a country where the tribal system of life was prevalent with all its peculiar customs and traditions. Under these conditions, besides other devices, it was also necessary that the Prophet (peace be upon him) should marry in different families and clans in order to cement many ties of friendship and put an end to enmities. Thus, the selection of the ladies whom he married was to some extent determined by this object besides their personal qualities. By taking Aishah and Hafsah as wives he further strengthened and deepened the relations with Abu Bakr and Umar. Umm Salamah was the daughter of the family to which Abu Jahl and Khalid bin Walid belonged, and Umm Habibah was the daughter of Abu Sufyan. These marriages neutralized the enmity of these families to a large extent; so much so that after Umm Habibah’s marriage Abu Sufyan never confronted the Prophet (peace be upon him) on the battlefield. Safiyyah, Juwairiah and Raihanah belonged to Jewish families. When the Prophet (peace be upon him) married them after setting them free, the hostile Jewish activities against him subsided. For according to the Arab traditions when the daughter of a clan or tribe was married to a person, he was regarded as the son-in-law of not only the girl’s family but of the entire tribe, and it was disgraceful to fight the son-in-law.

Practical reformation of the society and abolition of its customs of ignorance was also included among the duties of his office. Therefore, he had to undertake one marriage for this purpose also, as has been related in detail in this Surah Ahzab itself.

For these reasons it was essential that there should be no restriction for the Prophet in respect of marriage so that in view of the requirements of the great mission entrusted to him he could marry as many women as he wanted.

This also brings out the error of the view of those people who think that polygamy is permissible only under special personal requirements and apart from these there can be no other object for which it may be permissible. Evidently, the reason for the Prophet (peace be upon him) to marry more wives than one was not that the wife was sick, or barren, or that he had no male child, or that there was the question of the bringing up of some orphans. Without these restrictions, he married all his wives either in view of the educational requirements, or for the reformation of society, or for political and social objectives. The question is, when Allah Himself has not kept polygamy restricted to a few particular needs, which are being mentioned these days and the Messenger of Allah took several wives for many purposes other than these, how is another person entitled to propose some restrictions in the law and then claim that he is imposing these in accordance with the Shariah? As a matter of fact, the root cause for the imposition of these restrictions is the Western concept that polygamy is an evil in itself. That very concept has given rise to the idea that this unlawful thing can become lawful only in case of extreme circumstances. Now, however hard one may try to label this imported concept with Islam artificially, it is entirely unknown/foreign to the Quran and Sunnah and the whole Muslim literature.

Now to make it short, I am giving the names of the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him)’s wives:

1.Khadijah Tahira rAa
2. Sawdah rAa bint Zam’a
3. Aishah Siddiqa rAa
4. Hafsah bint Umar rAa
5. Zainab rAa bint Jahsh
6. Salama rAa bint Umayya
7. Zainab rAa bint Khuzaimah
8. Raihaana rAa
9. Juwairiyya rAa bint Haarith
10. Safiyya rAa bint Huyahh
11. Umi Habeeba rAa bint Sufyaan
12. Maimoona rAa bint Harith
13. Mariah-Al-Qabtia rAa

From these wives 4 were given to him as slave girls. They were No. 8, 9, 10 and 13. The Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam freed three of them and did marriage with them. But Umm Mariah-Al-Qabtia, who was sent to him by Maqooqis of Egypt, “remained as what right hand possesses”. He wanted to free her and do marriage with her like with a free girl/woman, but he couldn’t do it because Allah ordered him that he couldn’t do any other marriage and also he couldn’t devorce any of those wives. Ibraheem alaihi salaam, the last son of Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam, was born from Mariah-Al-Qabtiah rAa. Unlike common Muslim men, the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam didn’t have the authority to divorce his wives. This happened after Allah had ordered HIS Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam to ask his wives whether they choose Allah, HIS Messenger and the Al-Aakhirah or this worldly life? The Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam had asked them one by one and every one of them had chosen Allah, HIS Messenger salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam and the Al-Aakhirah (the Hereafter). These verses are also from surah al Ahzaab, their English translation is:

O Prophet (Muhammad SAW)! Say to your wives: If you desire the life of this world, and its glitter, Then come! I will make a provision for you and set you free in a handsome manner (divorce).
29. But if you desire Allah and His Messenger, and the home of the Hereafter, then verily, Allah has prepared for AlMuhsinat (gooddoers) amongst you an enormous reward.

And finally the verse with the Command of Allah that he couldn’t change or increase his wives i.e. he couldn’t do any more marriage nor could he divorce his wives:

52. It is not lawful for you (to marry other) women after this, nor to change them for other wives even though their beauty attracts you, except those (captives or slaves) whom your right hand possesses. And Allah is Ever a Watcher over all things.

All of the above mentioned verses of the Holy Qur’aan (surah Al-Ahzaab) prove that the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam was obligated to do what Allah ordered him to do and his extra marriages were by the Will and Command of Allah Almighty. There were many good purposes behind those many marriages. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing and All-Wise!!!

OmAbdullah
12-23-2015, 07:10 PM
The Prophet Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam was, like the Sun, a shining source of Guidance for all nations and all times till the end of this world.

Allah said in the verses 45—46 of surah Al-Ahzaab:

يٰۤـاَيُّهَا النَّبِىُّ اِنَّاۤ اَرۡسَلۡنٰكَ شَاهِدًا وَّمُبَشِّرًا وَّنَذِيۡرًا ۙ‏ 45

(33:45) O Prophet,81 We have sent you forth as a witness,82 a bearer of good tidings, and a warner,83

وَّدَاعِيًا اِلَى اللّٰهِ بِاِذۡنِهٖ وَسِرَاجًا مُّنِيۡرًا46

(33:46) as one who calls people to Allah by His leave,84 and as a bright, shining lamp.

Here in verse 46 the word Siraaj is used for him salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam. In surah Al-Nabaa (read as An-Nabaa) verse 13 Allah said:

وَّ جَعَلۡنَا سِرَاجًا وَّهَّاجًا ۙ‏13

(78:13) and placed therein a hot, shining lamp,10

Here is the exp. note 10:

10. A bright, blazing lamp: the sun. The word wahhaj used for the sun means both intensely hot and intensely bright. Hence our rendering. In this brief sentence, allusion has been made to a most wonderful and glorious sign of Allah Almighty’s power and wisdom which the sun is. Its diameter is 109 times that of the earth’s and its size more than 333,000 times that of the earth’s. Its temperature is 14,000,000°C. In spite of shining 93,000,000 miles away from the earth, its light and brightness is dazzling, and man can look at it with the naked eye only at the risk of losing his eye-sight. As for its heat, temperature in some parts of the earth reaches 140°F because of its radiation. It is only Allah Who by His wisdom has placed the earth at the right distance from it, neither it is too hot for being close to it, nor too cold for being very far away from it. For this very reason life of man, animal and vegetable became possible on it. Measureless treasures of energy from it are reaching the earth and sustaining life. It helps ripen our crops to provide sustenance to every creature; its heat causes vapors to rise from the seas, which spread to different parts of the earth by means of the winds and fall as rain. In the sun Allah has kindled such a mighty furnace that has been constantly radiating light, heat and different kinds of rays throughout the entire solar system since millions and millions of years.

In the above verse the word Siraaj is used for the Sun as is clear from the Exp. note 10.

In surah al-Furqaan verse 51 Allah Almighty said:

وَلَوۡ شِئۡنَا لَبَـعَثۡنَا فِىۡ كُلِّ قَرۡيَةٍ نَّذِيۡرًا ​ۖ 51

(25:51) Had We so willed, We would have raised up in every town a warner.66

Exp.note 66

66. That is, if We had willed, We could have sent a separate Prophet to every habitation but We did not do so, because like the sun, Our Last Prophet suffices to enlighten the entire world.

This verse and the exp. note makes it clear why is the Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) called Siraaj in the verse 46 of surah Al-Ahzaab.

(( The commentators say that the first maakhidh (source) of tafseer is the Quraan itself as one can find the explanation of one verse in other verses at some other place in the Holy Quraan. Here in the tafseer of the above-mentioned verses is an example of this principle.))

There were nations to whom more than one messengers alaihim salaam were sent at one and the same time. For e.g. we see in surah Yaseen verses 13 and 14 when Allah Almighty sent 2 messengers to a tribe, the people of the tribe rejected them. Then Allah sent them a third Messenger Alaihi salaam along with the first two. But the tribe belied all of them. Then a pious Muslim came to them from the far part of the city and advised them to follow the Messengers of Allah (alaihim salaam). The aggressive unbelievers killed him. Thus for the revenge of that pious man Allah Almighty sent a single sound that killed the whole tribe/nation! Allah honored the martyred Muslim and made him a dweller of Paradise. The story is in the verses 13---29 of surah Yaseen.

This is an astonishing fact that Allah Almighty sent three messengers alaihim salaam to a single tribe on one hand and sent a single messenger Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam to the whole world until the Last Day on the other hand!!! But now we can see it well that Allah, The All-Knowing, All-wise had a wonderful plan to bless this Ummah with the modern technological developments, so much so that the whole world is like a field. It is so easy now to send the Message and Commands of Islam from one part of the world to the other. In fact it is true to say that due to the modern technology, now the conveyance and implementation of Islam is very easy. It was never so esy as it is now! But, alas! The technological blessings are used for the pleasure of Satan and mankind is earning the Anger of Allah Almighty! Surely, Allah had the Power to make only one Messenger / Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) sufficient for the whole world and all times---like the Sun which is sufficient to provide light and heat to the whole world.

ali.javed
12-30-2015, 09:45 AM
thanks for sharing the information

OmAbdullah
01-06-2016, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ali.javed
thanks for sharing the information

And thanks for sharing.

OmAbdullah
01-22-2016, 12:52 AM

Allah Almighty had given great wisdom to HIS Prophet Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam, so much wisdom that a single disobedience to His advice caused a catastrophe and the conquest of the Battle of Uhud changed into terrible loss of precious lives of the 70 great companions radiya-Allaho anhum (rAa)!

I will post some of the related verses of surah Aali-Imraan with their exp. notes to give a short story of the Battle of Uhud:

(3:121) (O Messenger!94 Remind the Muslims of the occasion) when you went forth from your home at early dawn (to the battlefield of Uhud) and placed the believers in battle arrays. Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.

Exp. note 94

94. This marks the beginning of the fourth discourse of this surah. It was revealed after the Battle of Uhud and contains comments on it. The previous section ended with the assurance: 'But if you remain steadfast and mindful of Allah their designs will not cause you harm.' (See verse 120 above.) The Muslims did suffer a setback in the Battle of Uhud precisely because of this lack of patience, and because of a few mistakes committed by some of them which were indicative of insufficient piety. This discourse, therefore, is quite appropriate and warns the Muslims against such weaknesses.

The discourse contains a precise and instructive commentary on all the main events connected with the Battle of Uhud. In order to appreciate this it is appropriate to refresh our minds as to the situational context of its revelations. In the beginning of Shawwal 3 A.H., the Quraysh attacked Madina with an army of three thousand men. In addition to their numerical superiority they were also much better equipped. Moreover, they sought to avenge their losses in the Battle of Badr. The Prophet (peace be on him) and his closest Companions were of the opinion that they should defend themselves from within the boundaries of Madina, There were, however, several young people who longed for martyrdom and felt aggrieved at, not having had the opportunity to fight in the Battle of Badr. They insisted that the enemy should be resisted outside the confines of Madina. The Prophet gave in to their demands and decided to march out of the city to meet their enemies. A thousand people accompanied him. Of these, 'Abdull-Allah bin. Ubayy broke away along with his three hundred followers after reaching the place called Shawt. This, happening as it did just before the commencement of the battle, created such perplexity and confusion that the people of Banu Salamah and Banu Harithah wanted to turn back, and it took some effort on the part of the Companions to persuade them not to.

The Prophet advanced with the remaining seven hundred Muslims and lined up his troops at the foot of Mount Uhud (a distance of approximately four miles from Madina) in such a manner that the mountain was behind and the Quraysh army in front of them. There was only one mountain pass from where the Muslims could be subjected to a surprise attack. The Prophet posted fifty archers there as guards under the- command of 'Abdull-Allah b. Jubayr, instructing him neither to let anyone approach nor to move away from that spot. 'Even if you see birds fly off with our flesh', the Prophet said, 'still you must not move away from this place'. (For such instructions from the Prophet see Ibn Sa'd, Tabaqat, vol. 2, pp. 39-40 and 47, and Waqidi, Maghazi, vol. 1, pp. 224 and 229 - Ed.) Then the battle commenced. In the beginning the Muslims proved the better side but instead of maintaining their onslaught until they had assured complete victory, they were overcome by the temptation of booty and turned to collecting the spoils. When the archers whom the Prophet had posted to repel the attack of the enemy from the rear saw that the enemy had taken to its heels and that people were collecting booty, they too joined the melee and began to do the same.

'Abd Allah b. Jubayr tried to persuade them not to leave their posts by reminding them of the Prophet's directive. Hardly anyone heeded him. Khalid b. Walld, who was at that time an unbeliever and who commanded the Quraysh cavalry, seized his opportunity. He rode with his men around Mount Uhud and attacked the flank of the Muslim army through the pass. 'Abd Allah b. Jubayr's depleted forces tried unsuccessfully to resist the attack.

The fleeing soldiers of the enemy also returned and joined the attack from the front and the scales of the battle turned against the Muslims. The suddenness of these attacks, from both the rear and the front, caused such confusion that many fled. Then the rumour spread that the- Prophet, himself, had been martyred. This news shattered whatever presence of mind the Companions had left, and led many who had stood firm to lose courage altogether. At this moment there remained around the injured and bleeding Prophet (peace be on him) no more than ten or twelve loyal persons who had staked their lives for his sake. Defeat seemed inevitable. Fortunately, however, the Companions realized that the Prophet was still alive. They therefore advanced towards him from all sides, rallied around him, and led him to the safety of the mountain. (For an account of the Battle of Uhud in early Islamic sources, see Ibn Hisham, Slrah, yol, 1, pp. 61 ff., Waqidi, Maghazi, vol. 1, pp. 199 ff., especially pp. 224, 229 f. and 237 ff., and Ibn Sa'd, Tabaqat, vol. 2, pp. 36-48, etc. - Ed.)

It remains a mystery why the unbelievers of Makka held back when victory was within their grasp. The Muslim ranks were in such disarray that they would have been hard pushed to resist further. (Cf. the account and conclusion of W. M. Watt regarding the Battle of Uhud in Muhammad at Medina, Oxford University Press, 1956, pp. 21 ff., especially pp. 26-9 -Ed.)

(3:122) And recall when two groups from among you were inclined to flag95 although Allah was their protector; it is in Allah that the believers should put their trust.

Exp. note 95
95. This refers to Banu Salamah and Banu Harithah, whose morale had been undermined as a result of the withdrawal of 'Abd Allah b. Ubayy and his followers.

(3:123) For sure Allah helped you at Badr when you were utterly weak. Beware, then, of Allah; perhaps you will be thankful.

(3:124) And recall when you said to the believers: 'Will it not suffice you that your Lord will aid you by sending down three thousand angels?96

Exp. note 96
96. When the Muslims saw that their enemies numbered three thousand while three hundred out of their army of one thousand had departed they began to lose heart. It was on this occasion that the Prophet spoke these words to them.

(3:125) If you are steadfast and mindful of God, even though the enemy should suddenly fall upon you, your Lord will help you even with five thousand marked angels.

(3:126) Allah has reminded you of this only as a glad tiding to you and so as to let your hearts be at rest. Help can only come from Allah, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.

(3:127) And Allah provided this aid to you in order to cut off a part of those who disbelieved and frustrate them so that they retreat in utter disappointment.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

From the translation of the verses given above and some of the exp. notes we can understand the situation very well. (For further understanding you can go to tafheem.net and open “towards understanding Quraan”.

When the Muslims made the mistake by not following the advice of the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) and most of the 50 appointed soldiers left the valley, Khalid bin Waleed (kaafir at that time) came through the valley, killed the leader Abdullah bim Jubair and attacked the Muslims who were busy in collecting the war spoils. The conquest of the Muslims changed into disaster. The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) got seriously wounded and got disappeared among some people. I read in some other book that Ali rAa thought that perhaps Allah got angry and took up the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him). So to please Allah he attacked the crowd of the kaafirs and proceeded to enter it by using his sword on the crowd. As he reached the center, he saw Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam, covered by a companion who was defending him by taking the arrows of the kaafirs on his back. The kaafirs dispersed due to fear of Ali rAa and the companions came to know that the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) was alive. Thus they regained courage. Allah’s very special Help caused the kaafirs to retreat and run away for the second time.

The true Muslims were extremely sad. Although Abdullah bin Ubayyah had gone back with 300 munafiqeen (hypocrites) but a party of them was still left behind among the fighters to cause the firnah (mischief) and all that trouble had come due to their mischief.

Due to the false news of the death of the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) the Muslims had gone into chaos, Allah then revealed verses to guide them in such circumstances. Some of those verses (their English translation is):

(3:144) Muhammad is no more than a Messenger, and Messengers have passed away before him. If, then, he were to die or be slain will you turn about on your heels?103 Whoever turns about on his heels can in no way harm Allah. As for the grateful ones, Allah will soon reward them.

Exp.note 103

103. When the rumour of the Prophet's martyrdom spread during the battle, it disheartened most of the Companions. The hypocrites who were in the Muslim camp began to advise the believers to approach 'Abd Allah b. Ubayy so that he might secure protection for them from Abu Sufyan. Some went so far as to say that had Muhammad really been the Messenger of God he would not have been put to death, and for that reason they counselled people to revert to their ancestral faith. It is in this context that the Muslims are now told that if their devotion to the truth is wholly bound up with the person of Muhammad (peace be on him), and if their submission to God is so lukewarm that his demise would cause them to plunge back into the disbelief they had cast off, then they should bear in mind the fact that Islam does not need them.

(3:145) It is not given to any soul to die except with the leave of Allah, and at an appointed time.104 And he who desires his reward in this world, We shall grant him the reward of this world; and he who desires the reward of the Other World,105 We shall grant him the reward of the Other World. And soon shall We reward the ones who are grateful.106

Exp. note 104

104. The purpose of this directive is to bring home to the Muslims that it would be futile for them to try to flee from death. No one can either die before or survive the moment determined for death by God. Hence one should not waste one's time thinking how to escape death. Instead, one should take stock of one's activities and see whether one's efforts have either been directed merely to one's well-being in this world or to well-being in the Hereafter.

(3:146) Many were the Prophets on whose side a large number of God-devoted men fought: they neither lost heart for all they had to suffer in the way of Allah nor did they weaken nor did they abase themselves.107 Allah loves such steadfast ones.

(3:147) And all they said was this: 'Our Lord! Forgive us our sins, and our excesses, and set our feet firm, and succour us against those who deny the Truth.'

(3:148) Thereupon Allah granted them the reward of this world as well as a better reward of the World to Come. Allah loves those who do good.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

(In the last 3 verses Allah gave the example of the Muslims who were the followers of the other prophets before Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam.)

That was the great encouragement and advice given to Muslims, in these verses, by Allah The All-Knowing and All-Wise. When the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) completed His life term and became near death due to some illness, the companions were extremely sad, until when He salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam passed away, the companions couldn’t tolerate the news of His death. I read that at that time Umar rAa took sword in his hand and said, “Anyone who said that the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) died, I will cut off his head”.

It seems like they couldn’t be ready to part away with the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him). Right at that time of extremely shocking grief, Abu Bakar Siddeeq rAa came to the sad companions and read the above mentioned verses 144—148 of the surah Aali-Imraan and said: “Those who worshipped Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam must know that he passed away. And those who worship Allah, must know that Allah will never die”.

The great companions became patient realizing that they were the worshippers of One God Allah, and that the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) being a human being, was surely going to leave this world.

saif-uddin
03-22-2016, 08:16 AM
Just to add ...

Rasulullah salallahu عليه السلام‎ is the Best of Creation,

سبحان الله

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!