/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to all

lala21
04-07-2015, 01:48 AM
Hi everyone!!

I found this forum by googling trying to learn more about Islam. I was raised a Catholic and in my younger years would go to church and pray a lot. When I turned 11 we moved to another town which didn't have any close by Catholic Churches so as time went on I've moved away from praying and talking about God. Now I'm 29 and 10 months ago I met the most amazing man ever. He is a bit older then me but does not look his age. Anyway he is actually a Muslim and he is the most amazing man I've ever had in my life. He sees me for who I am, he cares for me and loves me more then what I have ever experienced. This is why I'm here. I want to learn as much as I can on my own so that I can be the woman he needs and deserves. Being that I don't understand Arabic what is the best Quran for me to purchase. What's the best first step I can take on my end to learn more? Any advice I welcome. Thank you for reading.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bopfiles85
04-07-2015, 02:26 AM
The Noble Qur'an by Mushin Khan And Dr. Hilali

greenhill
04-07-2015, 03:52 AM
Welcome to the forum.

One of the moderators here (insanaah) has a leaflet she drafted which you can open up and download to give a basic understanding. It is called 'leaflet on islam'. It's in pink.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Muslim Woman
04-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Hello

Welcome here . Pl browse forum and ask about Islam in related threads . U may contact your local mosque and ask them for a free copy of holy Quran .

If u live in US , contact here for your free copy l

Only for non-Muslims and New-Muslims living in USA

"If you are in doubt about it, then bring a book like it."

A challenge from the Lord of the Worlds. . Read For Yourself - Free

http://www.allahsquran.com/free/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
04-07-2015, 08:57 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
......One of the moderators here (insanaah) has a leaflet she drafted which you can open up and download to give a basic understanding. It is called 'leaflet on islam'. It's in pink.

:peace:

http://www.leafletonislam.blogspot.co.uk/

The-Deist
04-07-2015, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lala21
Hi everyone!!

I found this forum by googling trying to learn more about Islam. I was raised a Catholic and in my younger years would go to church and pray a lot. When I turned 11 we moved to another town which didn't have any close by Catholic Churches so as time went on I've moved away from praying and talking about God. Now I'm 29 and 10 months ago I met the most amazing man ever. He is a bit older then me but does not look his age. Anyway he is actually a Muslim and he is the most amazing man I've ever had in my life. He sees me for who I am, he cares for me and loves me more then what I have ever experienced. This is why I'm here. I want to learn as much as I can on my own so that I can be the woman he needs and deserves. Being that I don't understand Arabic what is the best Quran for me to purchase. What's the best first step I can take on my end to learn more? Any advice I welcome. Thank you for reading.
That awkward moment.

When he shouldn't be freemixing.

Allahu Alam.

Watch lectures in YoutTube (Merciful Servant, The Daily Reminder, iLoveAllah. Listen to the Quran, Use this page for Quran if you want to learn Arabic http://alpha.quran.com/ and learn the Arabic alhabet to learn this.)

Allahu Alam

lala21
04-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Thank you all, greatly appreciate the information provided to me. :shade: Have a great Blessed day!

lala21
04-07-2015, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
That awkward moment.

When he shouldn't be freemixing.

Allahu Alam.

Allahu Alam
What is "That awkward moment.

When he shouldn't be freemixing." suppose to mean? aren't muslims allowed to have relations with females that are Christians?

The-Deist
04-07-2015, 07:06 PM

When he shouldn't be freemixing." suppose to mean? aren't muslims allowed to have relations with females that are Christians?

Not with any woman who is his non mahram.

Allahu Alam

lala21
04-07-2015, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Not with any woman who is his non mahram.

Allahu Alam
That doesn't make sense, if I look at what that means it still doesn't make sense.

sister herb
04-07-2015, 07:48 PM

They can but this Christian woman should have mahram when meet a muslim male.

It doens´t mean at all that Muslim man could have relations with Christian woman outside of marriage without mahram. There are just same rules if a Muslim man meets a Muslim woman or a Christian woman or a Jew woman.

sister herb
04-07-2015, 08:23 PM
My sister in humanity, my Christian sister

If you are interesting about Islam, you have to looking for information for yourself, not to please any man at all. This is the most common mistake with revert sisters - they meet nice muslim man and start to looking for more knowledge about islam to because of this man. They should always remember to looking for knowledge for themselves that they would understand Allah, not for other human.

My dear sister, I greet you when you take your the first step to the path of Islam. May it make yourself closer to your Creator. :statisfie

Insaanah
04-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Firstly, a warm welcome to the forum, Lala21.

I hope you'll stay here and learn lots, and enjoy being here.

Firstly, we seem to have gone off track a bit, from the learning of the fundamental beliefs about Islam, so will address a point and then your actual question.

The sister has made it clear that she's a non-Muslim, she doesn't understand Arabic, so there is no point in using Arabic terms such mahram (a man who one cannot legally marry, such as brother, father, son etc), non-mahram (a man who one can legally marry, eg most men, and cousins and distant relations), which she doesn't understand. If you are going to use terms such as these, then define/translate them, so that their meaning can be understood by people seeking knowledge of our faith.

Lala21, in Islam, we have guidelines on how we interact with the opposite gender. A Muslim man or woman is not allowed to be alone in the company of a member of the opposite gender. Both men and women should lower their gazes, and behave in an appropriate manner in necessary interactions with the opposite gender (all this applies to non-mahrams only as loosely above), and indeed, if he is serious about you, he should introduce you to his family, with a view to marriage. Boyfriend/girlfriend type relationships aren't allowed in Islam.

This is not very different from the pure character of Mary, the mother of Jesus (peace be upon them both):

And mention, [O Muhammad], in the Book, [the story of] Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place toward the east.
And she took, in seclusion from them, a screen. Then We sent to her Our Angel, and he represented himself to her as a well-proportioned man.
She said, "Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah." (Qur'an 19:16-18)

You will also notice that Muslim women who wear hijab (cover themselves), match more closely depictions of Mary (even though we do believe such depictions are wrong). You never see pictures of Mary (peace be on her) with uncovered hair.

As Muslims, we feel very close to Mary and Jesus (peace on them both), and you will find former Christians (including Catholics) who are now Muslim, say they feel closer to Mary and Jesus (peace be on them both) than they did when they were Christian.

The point here, though, is that you have asked for our help to learn about Islam, so that you can see what it entails, what are the beliefs, and practices, etc. Remember though, that if you accept Islam, which would be wonderful news, you need to be doing this because you truly believe in your heart Islam to be the truth.

Others have given some info above - I just want to add a couple of links on salvation and sin, which seems to be a sticking point sometimes among Christians interested in Islam.

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ation-sin.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post1587820

Please do continue to visit the forum and ask any questions you may have, and we will do our best to help.

May Allah make easy for you the path to the truth, ameen.

Peace.

lala21
04-11-2015, 03:49 AM
Thank you so much. Your insights and suggestions have been very helpful and it's helping me understand more and more. God Bless all. :-)

MuslimInshallah
04-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone!!

Greetings Lala,

(smile) Welcome to this Forum, and welcome to a beautiful journey. (smile) Not an easy journey, but a beautiful one, I think.

I was also raised Catholic, and I discovered the basic tenets of Islam when I was 17. And I am very thankful to God that I was slowly, slowly able to learn how to live my life in a way more pleasing to Him. (twinkle) Actually, I still haven't learnt everything yet; we never can. And even when I know what He wants of me, I can be negligent. But God just expects us to try. And it is this effort, this struggle to please God and get closer to Him, that makes us what we call Muslims. A Muslim, literally, is someone who is struggling to surrender to God's Will. And when we briefly succeed in surrendering, we feel inner peace and harmony, balance. (smile) But it's a continual struggle in this life. And it is this struggle that develops our full potential as human beings, I believe.

(smile) Well, this is how I understand Islam.

Regarding a translation, this thread may be of interest to you: http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...-consider.html

One thing sister herb said struck a chord with me: and that is: it is important to seek God for your own relationship with Him. I sincerely hope that everything may work out for you with the man in your life, and that you may have a full and joyful family life with this man. But life is full of ups and downs. The only thing that is really firm is God. And this is why we should only put our full trust in Him. If you seek God, you'll have a Friend and Helper for life. No matter what else will happen, you'll have the comfort of His Presence in your life.

Anyway, I hug you and hope we haven't bewildered you too much. (smile) Sometimes when we humans are enthusiastic and excited about something, we can be like happy and excited golden retrievers: we may knock others over without meaning to.

May God, the Loving and Generous, Help and Guide you in this journey called Islam.

Jannat Seeker
04-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the forum ! Hope you will find your stay beneficial...

Lisa921
05-06-2015, 04:51 AM
Salaam
There's no best Quran sis. Quran is the same everywhere.
But if you mean translations which are called mushafs then the best one would be the one written in your mother tongue and with a tone that speaks to you personally.
I prefer the translations by native English speakers myself

lala21
05-29-2015, 02:37 AM
I received my first Quaran and look forward to starting my journey into learning more about Islam and seeing if this is indeed the right path for me. Thank you all for your insights and suggestions. :-) you have no idea how helpful you all have been.

lala21
05-29-2015, 02:38 AM
Meant Quran. :-( autocorrect on phones. Sorry about that

Signor
05-29-2015, 05:55 PM
Greetings lala

I received my first Quaran and look forward to starting my journey into learning more about Islam and seeing if this is indeed the right path for me. Thank you all for your insights and suggestions. :-) you have no idea how helpful you all have been.
I am glad you have taken the first step in the right direction.

Men and and women were created to attracted to each other. So, it's natural if a man and a woman attracted to each other.But,the powerful feeling of being enamored can take you far way(I hope you are mature enough to know what I mean). This is why Islam emphasized on getting married to make those overwhelming emotions permissible.If the man in question is serious and responsible to get married,push him or at least put the idea of marriage in his ears to make things legal as early as possible.

This article provides basics on institution of marriage.
http://www.jannah.org/sisters/marr.html

And you can also check this thread for tips and realities,in case,you feel you need to more about the man:
http://www.islamicboard.com/family-a...s-dangers.html

Do not hesitate to ask more.

lala21
05-30-2015, 04:33 AM
Thank you so much this information is great [emoji4]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!