/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Friday - Day of Jumu'ah

Ridwaan Ravat
04-10-2015, 03:11 PM
[emoji177]Introspect, reflect [emoji177]

[emoji166]: [emoji253][emoji177]If we desire to blossom like a rose in the garden, then we must learn the art of adjusting with the thorns...
Difficulties will make U shine
"Do not let calamity shake U...
Ease comes after difficulty, just as the light of day comes after the darkness of night.
[emoji253][emoji177][emoji253][emoji177][emoji253][emoji177][emoji253]

May اللَّهُ Subhana Ta'ala remove all difficulties, bring ease & comfort to each & every Ummati of our beloved Nabi Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam

Allah Ta'ala grant u the best of this day of Jummuah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
04-11-2015, 04:53 PM
I went to Friday prayer yesterday & held a paper in my hand as I prayed(surahs). That's the first time I have done that while in the Mosque. I was going to pray 2 rakat when I went in but was way too shy :/ (social anxiety)

The rest I know without having to read anything but have to say it fast in my head because the imam at the Mosque does go quick in some parts of the prayer.

Question, when I go down in sujood..etc, is it ok to place the paper which has verses from the Quran, on the ground?

Ridwaan Ravat
04-26-2015, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
I went to Friday prayer yesterday & held a paper in my hand as I prayed(surahs). That's the first time I have done that while in the Mosque. I was going to pray 2 rakat when I went in but was way too shy :/ (social anxiety)

The rest I know without having to read anything but have to say it fast in my head because the imam at the Mosque does go quick in some parts of the prayer.

Question, when I go down in sujood..etc, is it ok to place the paper which has verses from the Quran, on the ground?
Assalamualykum.

Brother before discussing the point of putting the pages down, I suggest you read through the following written by mufti Adam of the UK regarding reading from the quraan in salaah.

seekershub.org/ans-blog/2009/06/18/reciting-from-a-copy-of-the-quran-mushaf-intarawih-and-other-prayers/

Jazakallah.

crimsontide06
05-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Thanks! ^

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ridwaan Ravat
05-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Sunnats of FRIDAY
[emoji818] - Sunnats of FRIDAY
[emoji818] Cut Nails.
[emoji818] Take Ghusl (bath).
[emoji818] Put on your Best Clothes.
[emoji818] Use Miswak.
[emoji818] Reach Masjid early
[emoji818] Read Surah Kahf
[emoji818] Recite lots of Durood/Salawaat
[emoji818] Do as much good as possible & refrain from evil
[emoji818] Loads of Dua

1 - Bathing (Ghusl) (Bukhari, 1951)

2 - To wear nice clothes (Abu Dawood)

3 - Use perfume and use the Miswaak (Ibn Majah)

4 - Going early to Jumuah Prayer (Bukhari, 929 & Muslim, 1964)

5 - Walking to masjid for Jumuah Prayer (Tirmidhi, 496)

6 - If the saffs (rows) are already filled, one should not jump over the shoulders of the musallies (worshippers) in order to get to the front (Abu Dawood)

7 - Try to sit as close as possible to the imam (ibn Majah, Tirmidhi)

8 - Listen attentively to khutba (sermon) (Bukhari, 934)

9 - Make a lot of du'a (supplication) (Bukhari, 893; Muslim, 852]

10 - Read Surat al-Kahf (before sun sets on Friday) [Saheeh al-Targheeb, 836]The Light (Noor):

"Whoever recites Surat al-Kahf on Friday, light shall shine forth for him between the two Fridays."
(Ibn Hajar, Talkhis al- Habir)

11 - Seek the hour: Rasulullah صلي الله عليه وسلم said:

"There is such an hour on Friday that if any Muslim makes dua (supplication) in it, his dua will definitely be accepted."
(Bukhari, Muslim)

12 - Increase sending Durood (Abu Dawood, Ibn Majah)

"Whoever revives a Sunnah from my Sunnah and the people practice it, will have the same reward of those who practice it without their reward diminishing."

(Sunan ibn Maajah, 209)

صلوا علي النبي!

صلى الله عليه وسلم
اللهم صل وسلم على نبينا محمد وعلى آله وأصحابه أجمعين

strivingobserver98
05-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Don't forget sa'at al istijabah (a time when du'a is answered) today.

All you have to do is make dua before Maghrib! Note: It's NOT 'Salat' (prayer), it's Sa'at (time) of istijabah (response).

Jâbir (may Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Prophet Sall Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: “Friday is comprised of twelve hours. There is one in which a Muslim who asks Allah for something will have it granted to him. Seek it in the last hour after `Asr.”

[Sunan Abî Dâwûd (1048), Sunan al-Nasâ’î (1389) and Mustadrak al-Hâkim(1032)]

strivingobserver98
10-09-2015, 08:46 AM
“O believers, when the call [emoji350] is proclaimed for the prayer on Friday, come to the remembrance of Allah and leave off business[emoji383], that is better for you if you but did know.” [Al-Jumuah, 62:9]

Etiquette of the day of Jumuah:

[emoji818]️Purifying and cleaning oneself
[emoji818]️Dressing well for Salat-al-Jumuah
[emoji818]️Reciting Surah al-Kahf
[emoji818]️Going early to the Masjid
[emoji818]️Going to the Masjid in a state of calmness and not being hurried.
[emoji818]️Walking to the Masjid whenever feasible as there is a reward for every step taken to the Masjid.
[emoji818]️Avoiding stepping over people to get to a particular spot in the Masjid.
[emoji818]️Avoiding dividing two people who are sitting together.
[emoji818]️Performing tahiyyat al-Masjid (The prayer of greeting the Musjid)
[emoji818]️Sitting in the front rows and close to the Imam whenever possible.
[emoji818]️Reciting Durood upon Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)
[emoji818]️Remaining quiet while the Imam is delivering the Khutbah. This actually includes listening to the Imam and not playing with anything while the Imam is speaking.

[emoji779]️…and remember…[emoji779]️ “The deeds most loved by Allah are those done regularly, even if they are small.”

Have a great Jumuah! [emoji4]

strivingobserver98
10-23-2015, 05:28 AM

strivingobserver98
10-30-2015, 01:02 PM

strivingobserver98
11-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Abu Lubabah bin Abdul Mundhir (RA) relates that Nabi (SAW) said,

‘Certainly the day of Jumu’ah is the best of days and most superior in the eyes of Allah. Its superiority supersedes the day of Eid ul Adhaa and Eid ul Fitr. There are five characteristics of this day. Allah created Adam (AS) on the day of Jumu’ah, He was brought down to the earth by Allah on the day of Jumu’ah, Adam (AS) passed away on this day, in it lies a moment that if the servant asks anything of Allah and his supplication coincides with that moment, Allah grants him whatever he asks for, as long as he does not ask for something which is Haraam, and the day of Reckoning will be on this day. There is no close angel of Allah, no heaven, no earth, no wind, no mountain and no sea except they love the day of Jumu’ah.’

(Ahmad, Ibne Majah)

strivingobserver98
11-13-2015, 11:51 AM

strivingobserver98
11-20-2015, 02:01 PM

strivingobserver98
11-27-2015, 06:31 AM
Jumuah Reminder

- Ghusl
- Miswaq
- Surat Al Kahf
- Increase Dua
- Increase Salawat on Prophet Mohammed ﷺ

T L
11-27-2015, 07:44 AM
Jumuah Mubarak!

strivingobserver98
12-04-2015, 09:12 AM
One of the blessings with which the Muslim nation has been endowed is the day of Jumu'ah, or Friday. The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “The best day the sun rises over is Friday; on it Allaah created Aadam. On it, he was made to enter paradise, on it he was expelled from it, and the Last Hour will take place on no other day than Friday.”[Ahmad and At-At-Tirmithi].

strivingobserver98
12-11-2015, 10:28 AM
May you all have a blessed day of Jumuah. Please remember me in your duas [emoji4].

جزاك اللهُ خيراً

strivingobserver98
12-18-2015, 03:53 PM
Don't forget Saa'at al Istijaabah (a time when du'aas are answered) today on Friday.

All you have to do is make dua before sunset!

Note: It's NOT 'Salat' (prayer), it's Saa'at (time) of istijabah (response).

Sayyiduna Jabir (radhiallahu anhu) relates that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: “Friday is comprised of twelve periods. (There is one in which) no Muslim asks Allah Azza wa Jalla for anything except that Allah Azza wa Jalla will grant it to him. Seek it in the last hour after `Asr.”

[Sunan Abi Dawud (1048), Sunan al-Nasa’i (1389) and Mustadrak al-Hakim(1032)]

Make the most of this blessed time and make du'aas for yourself, your family, the sender of this message and the whole Ummah.

strivingobserver98
01-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Alhamdulilah :).

strivingobserver98
01-14-2016, 11:31 PM
It is a Sunnah to invoke Salawāt upon our Prophet Muhammad ﷺ on the day of Jumu'ah and the night before.

﷽ "
إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّـذِينَ آَمَنُـوا صَلُّـوا عـَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا﴾"
"Allah and his angels surely send Salawāt upon the Prophet . O you who believe invoke Salawāt upon him and salutations of peace."
اللَّهُــمَّ صـَلِّ وَسَـــلِّمْ علـى نَبِيِّنَـــا مُحمَّد ﷺ

strivingobserver98
02-05-2016, 08:51 AM
Sunnah Acts of Jum'uah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

1.To take a bath. (Bukhari , Tirmidhi , Ibne Majah)

2.To wear nice and clean clothes. (Abu Dawood, Chapter of Ghusal on the day of Jumu’ah)

3.To proceed early to the Masjid.(Tirmidhi ,Ibne Majah)

4.To go to the Masjid on foot. (Ibne Majah)

5.To try to sit as close as possible to the Imaam. (Ibne Majah , Tirmidhi)

6.If the Saffs (rows) are already filled, one should not jump over the shoulders of the musallies in order to get to the front.(Abu Dawood)

7.One should not do any futile action eg. one should not fiddle with one’s clothes or fingers. (Ibne Majah)

8.To listen to the Khutba attentively. (Tirmidhi ,Ibne Majah)

9.The person who recites Surah Kahaf on Friday will be bestowed with a Noor( Spiritual light) from under the Arsh (The Throne of Allah Ta’ala) which will extend from the earth till the sky and will benefit him in the darkness of the Day of Qiyaamah. All his (minor) sins which he had committed from the previous Jumu’ah up to this Jumu’ah will be forgiven. (Behishti Zewar)

10. Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam is reported to have said, “Recite Durood upon me in abundance on the day of Jumua’h since they are presented to me.” (Ibne Majah)

11.On the day of Jumua’h it is Sunnat to apply oil to the hair and to use itr or any other sweet smelling fragrance. (Bukhari)

strivingobserver98
02-12-2016, 03:52 PM

al-Andalusi
02-18-2016, 10:01 AM
I've begun to feel bad about how often I miss Jumu'ah due to issues of transportation.

I used to live very near to a masjid that I could easily just walk a short distance to. Now I'm in a city with no masjid, and not really able to make the trip out of town to my old one every Friday.

strivingobserver98
02-26-2016, 03:04 PM
Don't forget sa'at al istijabah (a time when du'a is answered) today.

All you have to do is make dua before Maghrib! Note: It's NOT 'Salat' (prayer), it's Sa'at (time) of istijabah (response).

Jâbir (may Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Prophet Sall Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: “Friday is comprised of twelve hours. There is one in which a Muslim who asks Allah for something will have it granted to him. Seek it in the last hour after `Asr.”

[Sunan Abî Dâwûd (1048), Sunan al-Nasâ’î (1389) and Mustadrak al-Hâkim(1032)]

N'oubliez pas Sa'at al istijabah (un moment où du'a est accepté) aujourd'hui.

Tout ce que vous avez à faire c'est de faire dua avant Maghrib! Remarque: Il n'est pas «Salat» (prière), il est Sa'at (temps) de istijabah (réponse).

Jâbir (qu'Allah soit satisfait de lui) rapporte que le Prophète Sall Allahu alayhi wa sallam a dit: "Le vendredi est composé de douze heures. Il y a une dans laquelle un musulman demande quelque chose à Allah et Il lui accorde. Cherchez la dans la dernière heure après `Asr".

[Sunan Abî Dâwûd (1048), Sunan al-Nasa'i (1389) et Mustadrak al-Hâkim (1032)]

islamkingdom
02-28-2016, 12:44 PM
do not forget to read kahf(cave) on friday

Kiro
02-29-2016, 07:24 PM
i like this thread

strivingobserver98
03-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Jummah Reminder:

strivingobserver98
03-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Here's a Friday reminder to send extra salam on our Prophet (S) in this beautiful hadith, narrated by Abu Talha (R):

"The Messenger of Allah ﷺ came to us one day with a cheerful face. We said, “We see you smiling!”

The Prophet ﷺ said, “Verily, Jibreel came to me and he said: Oh Muhammad, your Lord has asked: 'Will you not be pleased that none send blessings upon you (Muhammad) but that he will be blessed ten times, and none send peace upon you but that he will be sent peace upon him ten times?”

— (Sunan An-Nasa’i 1283)

Send peace upon him, ﷺ, and bring peace upon yourselves!

- Abdul Nasir Jangda

strivingobserver98
03-11-2016, 10:33 AM
Alhamdulilah another day of Jumuah [emoji4]

strivingobserver98
03-24-2016, 09:46 PM
The Prophet :saws: said: “If you say to your companions: ‘Be quiet’ on a friday while the Imam is delivering the sermon, you have engaged in Laghw (idle talk or behaviour).” Ibn Majah

The Messenger of Allah :saws: said: “What if one of you were to take a flock of sheep and look for grass for them one or two miles away, but he cannot find any at that distance, so he goes further away? Then (the time for) friday comes but he does not attend it, then (another) friday comes but he does not attend it, and (another) friday comes but he does not attend it, until Allah places a seal on his heart.” Ibn Majah

Allah’s Messenger (p.b.u.h) talked about friday and said, “There is an hour (opportune time) on friday and if a Muslim gets it while praying and asks something from Allah, then Allah will definitely meet his demand.” And he (the Prophet) pointed out the shortness of that time with his hands. Bukhari

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Five prayers and one friday prayer to (the next) friday prayer are expiatious (for the sins committed in the intervals) between them. Sahih Muslim

The Prophet :saws: said, “When it is a friday, the angels stand at the gate of the mosque and keep on writing the names of the persons coming to the mosque in succession according to their arrivals. The example of the one who enters the mosque in the earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for jummah prayer) they (i.e. angels) fold their papers and listen to the Khutba.” Sahih Bukhari

“The Messenger of Allah :saws: said: ‘The best of your days is friday. On it Adam was created, on it the Trumpet will be blown, on it all creatures will swoon. So send a great deal of peace and blessings upon me on that day, for your peace and blessings will be presented to me.’ A man said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, how will our peace and blessings be shown to you when you will have disintegrated?’ He said: ‘Allah has forbidden the earth to consume the bodies of the Prophets.’” Ibn Majah

Once a Jew said to me, “O the chief of believers! There is a verse in your Holy Book Which is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed as a day of celebration.” ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab asked, “Which is that verse?” The Jew replied, “This day I have perfected your religion For you, completed My favor upon you, And have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” (5:3) ‘Umar replied,”No doubt, we know when and where this verse was revealed to the Prophet. It was friday and the Prophet was standing at ‘Arafat (i.e. the Day of Hajj)”. Sahih Bukhari

Abu Huraira said: I heard Allah’s Apostle (p.b.u.h) saying, “We (Muslims) are the last (to come) but (will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection though the former nations were given the Holy Scriptures before us. And this was their day (friday) the celebration of which was made compulsory for them but they differed about it. So Allah gave us the guidance for it (friday) and all the other people are behind us in this respect: the Jews’ (holy day is) tomorrow (i.e. saturday) and the Christians’ (is) the day after tomorrow (i.e. sunday).” Sahih Bukhari

strivingobserver98
04-01-2016, 12:47 AM
The Jumu’ah (Friday) Reminder

The Final Hour will be established on Jummah (Friday), so get prepared for it. Nothing can benefit you on that day but your good deeds, so earn as many as you can.
Change your life and turn to the call of Islam. Prepare yourself for every prayer of everyday like you prepare yourself for on Friday.

The Prophet Muhammad :saws: said: “The Hour will not be established except on the day of Jumu’ah.”
رسول ﷺ نے ارشاد فرمایا کہ قیامت جمعہ کے روز قائم ہو گی۔

strivingobserver98
04-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Short Jumuah Reminder:

strivingobserver98
04-15-2016, 04:49 AM
Friday Reminder: Make time for Surat Al-Kahf, lots of Duas and asking Allah (swt) to send His peace & blessings upon the Messenger ﷺ.

strivingobserver98
04-22-2016, 12:58 AM
“O believers, when the call is proclaimed for the prayer on Friday, come to the remembrance of Allah and leave off business, that is better for you if you but did know.” [Al-Jumuah, 62:9]

Etiquette of the day of Jumuah:

• Purifying and cleaning oneself
  • Dressing well for Salat-al-Jumuah
  • Reciting Surah al-Kahf
  • Going early to the Masjid
  • Going to the Masjid in a state of calmness and not being hurried.
  • Walking to the Masjid whenever feasible as there is a reward for every step taken to the Masjid.
  • Avoiding stepping over people to get to a particular spot in the Masjid.
  • Avoiding dividing two people who are sitting together.
  • Performing tahiyyat al-Masjid (The prayer of greeting the Musjid)
  • Sitting in the front rows and close to the Imam whenever possible.
  • Reciting Durood upon Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)
  • Remaining quiet while the Imam is delivering the Khutbah. This actually includes listening to the Imam and not playing with anything while the Imam is speaking.

…and remember… “The deeds most loved by Allah are those done regularly, even if they are small.”

strivingobserver98
04-22-2016, 03:11 PM
Almighty. On this blessed Friday, help us change our ways to get closer to You. Help us stay clear of sin & change for the better! Aameen.
- Mufti Ismail Menk

strivingobserver98
04-29-2016, 11:17 AM

abumuslim82
05-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Salaam All

abumuslim82
05-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Bump, cum on people

Umm Abed
05-05-2016, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abumuslim82
Bump, cum on people
Everyone sleeping:D.

Yes I like these reminders, it helps to keep up.

abumuslim82
05-05-2016, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Everyone sleeping:D.

Yes I like these reminders, it helps to keep up.
Salaam sister,

Lol, yip looks like everyone's in for an early night, all fresh for fajr inshaALLAH

strivingobserver98
05-13-2016, 10:58 AM
Today is Friday – increase in sending salaat and salaam upon the Habib al-Mustafa. - Yasir Qadhi

:saws:

strivingobserver98
05-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Jumuah Reminder: Keep quiet during the Khutbah.

strivingobserver98
05-27-2016, 12:18 PM

strivingobserver98
06-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Another day of Jumuah. Last Jumuah before Ramadan!

Keep entire Ummah in your duas.

InToTheRain
11-17-2016, 10:19 PM
:salam:

Seeing as it's Friday night:
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/37272

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!