/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Revising all the smaller Surahs daily in prayer

Insaanah
04-13-2015, 03:23 PM
:bism:

:salam:

This is a suggested timetable of what surah to recite in each rakat to cover all the shorter surahs of the 30th Juz daily.

I haven't included the ghayr mu'akkadah (non-compulsory) sunnah rakats or any nafls here.

R = rakat number.

Fajr

2 sunnahs

R1 al-Kaafiroon
R2 al-Ikhlaas

2 Fard

R1 (recitation of choice, preferably longer, but if this can't be done, you can choose surahs from the below)
R2 (recitation of choice, preferably longer, but if this can't be done, you can choose surahs from the below)

Dhuhr

4 sunnahs

R1 ad-Duhaa
R2 ash-Sharh (also known as Inshiraah)
R3 at-Teen
R4 al-Qadr

4 Fard (needs only two Surahs)

R1 az-Zalzalah (also known as Zilzaal)
R2 al-Aadiyaat

2 Sunnahs

R1 al-Qaariyah
R2 at-Takaathur

Asr

4 Fard (needs only two surahs)

R1 al-Asr (very apt!)
R2 al-Humazah

Maghrib

3 Fard (needs only two surahs)

R1 al-Fil
R2 al-Quraysh

2 Sunnahs

R1 al-Maa'oon
R2 al-Kawthar

Ishaa'

4 Fard (needs only two surahs)

R1 an-Nasr
R2 al-Masad (also known as Lahab)

2 sunnahs

R1 al-Falak
R2 an-Naas

3 Witr

R1 al'A'laa (not one of the shortest surahs, but as per sunnah)
R2 al-Kaafiroon
R3 al-Ikhlaas

Note that the day begins and ends with Surahs al Kaafiroon and al Ikhlaas (as per the Prophet's sunnah) :saws:

Doing the above revises a minimum of 21 short surahs daily.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
04-13-2015, 09:44 PM
This is nice! but why 4 on this?? I thought you are not supposed to do surahs in the 3rd & 4th rakats, unless I am missing something. As well as the witr..

format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

Dhuhr

4 sunnahs

R1 ad-Duhaa
R2 ash-Sharh (also known as Inshiraah)
R3 at-Teen
R4 al-Qadr

Insaanah
04-14-2015, 06:40 PM
Assalaamu alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
I thought you are not supposed to do surahs in the 3rd & 4th rakats, unless I am missing something. As well as the witr..
In the third and fourth fard rakats you don't read any surahs after Faatihah. But if you have a four rakat sunnah, then you read a surah after Faatihah in each rakah. And there is a Surah after Faatihah in each rakat of witr prayer.

crimsontide06
04-14-2015, 09:10 PM
Ohh ok. I did not know that. Thanks!

format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Assalaamu alaikum

In the third and fourth fard rakats you don't read any surahs after Faatihah. But if you have a four rakat sunnah, then you read a surah after Faatihah in each rakah. And there is a Surah after Faatihah in each rakat of witr prayer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!