/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does saying thanks is shirk

legendaryman
04-14-2015, 10:23 AM
I listen many scholars online and their videos help me a lot .does commenting "thanks " on their video is shirk as every thing we have from allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
04-14-2015, 06:58 PM
Assalaamu alaikum.

The following hadeeth might help:

Chapter: Regarding gratitude for acts of kindness

باب فِي شُكْرِ الْمَعْرُوفِ

Narrated Abu Hurayrah:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: He who does not thank the people is not thankful to Allah.

Arabic text of hadeeth:

حَدَّثَنَا مُسْلِمُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، حَدَّثَنَا الرَّبِيعُ بْنُ مُسْلِمٍ، عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ زِيَادٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ لاَ يَشْكُرُ اللَّهَ مَنْ لاَ يَشْكُرُ النَّاسَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Grade : Sahih (Al-Albani) صحيح (الألباني) حكم :
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 4811
In-book reference : Book 43, Hadith 39
English translation : Book 42, Hadith 4793
Link: http://www.sunnah.com/abudawud/43/39

You could also, when you write thanks, write a small dua for them, such as "May Allah reward you, ameen. "

greenhill
04-15-2015, 05:07 AM
I don't know for sure, but I reckon the culture of 'thanking' people has evolved to something else in this day and age.

Example:

The parents of the child who had undergone a major surgery (matter of life and death) thanked the Doctor profusely for a surgery. "Thank you Doctor for saving my child's life"......

Now this becomes syirk.

We have implied that the Doctor saved the life, not Allah.

In reality we should say something like, "Alhamdulillah! Thank you Doctor for your efforts...." kind of thing.

:peace:

smak
03-24-2016, 10:38 PM
No, its not Shirk. Don't worry at all

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
startingarabic
05-25-2016, 08:52 PM
I suggest you learn your deen. In it you should learn what Tawheed is and what shirk is.
So you do not fall in the trap of not knowing something so obvious. :facepalm:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ollection.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...ur-rahman.html

Serinity
05-26-2016, 09:36 AM
depends on intention.

Nothing can happen except by the will of Allah SWT. And it is only by Allah SWT's decree that some live, and some die. It is Allah SWT who decides.

So when you say "thank you for your kindness" just know in the back of your mind, that Allah SWT blessed you with kind people, etc. Remember EVERY creation is dependent on Allah SWT.

So every good and bad that happens, is willed by Allah SWT.

If you understand Qadr, you'd know that all good and bad comes from Allah SWT. Not to hurt you, but to test you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!