/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need help and Duaa

LiveForFaith
04-16-2015, 06:18 AM
Hello brothers and sisters,

I'm the eldest of 3 boys and my father is very ill with cancer, recently he has not been able to come home and has been in the hospital for days at a time. I know everything happens for a reason and Allah SWT has everything written, I trust in him and I am beginning to come back to him after a long time of being away.

I have not always been the best Muslim I can be and my prayer has been on and off for a long time, more so off, though I have decided to dedicate my effort to be a good Muslim and pray consistently again as of recently. It is very hard to see my father sick and the only thing I feel that helps me is to pray to Allah.

I would like to ask if there is anyway you can all do duaa for my father, he is a very strong and god fearing man, also a Hajj, and I hope inshallah that we can get through this test. It is very hard to be the oldest and remain strong knowing everything can fall upon my shoulders god forbid, so I would really appreciate any duaa you can say for my father Jamal ibin Ali.

Thank you all

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
04-16-2015, 08:19 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry that your first post is a sad one. Yes being the eldest is not so easy. At least you have found your way back. Alhamdulillah.

Perhaps your dad's suffering is a way for Allah to wash away his sins and have him purified before bring called back. .

It is a hard situation to be in. Be patient and keep your dua...

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Muhammad
04-16-2015, 06:47 PM
:salamext: our dear brother,

Of course we will make du'a. You are right that your strength lies in your connection to Allaah :swt:. Maintain this connection no matter how weak it may have been, and do your best to remain steadfast. We ask Allaah :swt: to grant complete and swift shifaa' to your father, to protect him, purify him, and to grant you and your family strength to endure this trial, Aameen. Don't lose hope, brother.

hisnameiszzz
04-16-2015, 08:38 PM
Salaams LFF,

I have been in your position. My Father died from Cancer about 7 years ago. It was awful to see him suffering so much, but in the end, I came to accept that we all came from Him and to Him we will return.

I will definitely say a prayer for you, as I am sure everyone else on here will also. Keep your patience and please keep supporting your family. At a time like this, you all have to stick together and be there for each other. I am sure your extended family will also be there for you. My Mother's brothers and sisters were so helpful and supportive when my Father actually passed and if it wasn't for them, we would not have known what to do.

Please don't think that it will all fall on your shoulders as you are the eldest. I am the youngest of 3 sons and it all fell on my shoulders (which I guess is a blessing as it's meant to make me a stronger person). I have my ups and downs, but I came across Islamic Board (thanks to brother Scimitar) and I have come across some really supportive and friendly people, especially sisters MuslimInshallah and Aisha who, bless their souls, go out of their way and make time for me to keep in touch, and keep me sane. You are part of the Islamic Board family now, so please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on. You are in our thoughts.

Also, you are more than welcome to pm me if you want to get anything off your chest.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LiveForFaith
04-17-2015, 09:46 AM
Thank you all very much, it's a very tough situation to be in and my extended family is being very helpful, though in the end a part of me is still hoping for him to get healthy inshallah.

I am still young, the eldest at 25 with younger siblings, therefore it pains a great deal to think of not having my father anymore in my life though I am hopeful, and through prayer I am asking for strength and health for all those I know.

Thank you all again.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!