/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who Are My Mahrams

legendaryman
04-18-2015, 04:14 PM
AS YOU ALL KNOW ,IN MY PLACE NO ONE WILL PRACTICE ISLAM CORRECTLY:raging:, SO I WANTED TO BE CLEAN FROM MY SIDE SO THAT THEY CAN LEARN FROM AND THIS TOPIC I NEVER UNDERSTOOD FROM INTERNET ,IS THERE ANY SIMPLE WAY TO KNOW ABOUT MAHRAM AND NON MAHRAM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
04-18-2015, 04:25 PM
Most simplest way is from Qur'an itself:

Prohibited to you [for marriage] are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father's sisters, your mother's sisters, your brother's daughters, your sister's daughters, your [milk] mothers who nursed you, your sisters through nursing, your wives' mothers, and your step-daughters under your guardianship [born] of your wives unto whom you have gone in. But if you have not gone in unto them, there is no sin upon you. And [also prohibited are] the wives of your sons who are from your [own] loins, and that you take [in marriage] two sisters simultaneously, except for what has already occurred. Indeed, Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful.

Surat An-Nisā' - Verse 23

crimsontide06
04-18-2015, 05:11 PM
Mahram is someone that you can never marry

Non-Mahram is someone who you can marry; like a cousin.

It is confusing to me(the wording), like the words fiction & non-fiction. You would think fiction is real & non-fiction means not real....but fiction is made up stories & non-fiction is real.

sister herb
04-18-2015, 05:37 PM
Salam alaykum

Please legendaryman, take capslock off when you write!!!!

:heated:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Signor
04-18-2015, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
take capslock off when you write
In the on-line world where it is difficult to "hear" tone of voice, writing in All Caps is Like Shouting or Yelling.Please refrain from doing it.

Moshy
04-19-2015, 08:04 AM
Non - Mahrams are those people who you can marry.

You cannot marry a Mahram, such as brother sister mother.

strivingobserver98
04-25-2015, 11:22 PM
I remember I was confused too about this when I was young. Heres a list :)

Men

Mahrams:-

- Wife
- Father’s wives (Mother, Step mothers)
- Mothers and above (i.e. grandmothers, great grandmothers etc, maternal or paternal)
- Daughters and below (i.e. granddaughters, great granddaughters, etc, step daughter (only after the couple have consummated)
- Sisters (Real sister, Half sisters)
- Aunts (Paternal/Maternal, their half sisters)
- Nieces (Daughters of brother/sister and any half/ daughters)
- Foster* Mother (A lady by whom one was breast fed before the age of two)
- Foster* Sister (A female who was breastfed by the same lady as one was)
- Mother-in-law and above (i.e. grandmother-in-law, great grandmother-in-law etc, maternal or paternal)
- Daughter-in-law and below (i.e. son’s wife, grandson’s wife etc)

The women listed above are women he is not allowed to marry (exception of wife) therefore his mahram, any woman not mentioned are listed as ghayr mahram. Some women are temporarily a mahram, i.e a man can not marry his sister in law, but if his wife passes away, then that restriction is lifted, he is now able to marry.

Women

Mahrams:-

- Husband
- Step father (with the condition that both stepfather and one’s mother have consummated)
- Fathers and above (grandfathers, great grandfathers etc, maternal or paternal)
- Sons and below (grandsons, great grandsons, step sons)
- Brothers (real brothers, half brothers)
- Uncles (Paternal/Maternal, their half brothers)
- Nephews (Sons of brother/sister and any half daughters)
- Foster son (i.e. a boy who a lady has breastfed before the age of two)
- Foster Brother (i.e. a male who was breast fed by the same lady as one was)
- Father-in-law and above (i.e. grandfather-in-law, great grandfather-in-law etc, maternal or paternal)
- Son-in-law and below (i.e. daughters husband, granddaughters husband etc)

Similarly as men, The men listed above are men he is not allowed to marry (exception of husband) therefore his mahram, any man not mentioned are listed as ghayr mahram.

*Foster: Milk mothers who nursed you before the age of two. Whoever is made forbidden through genealogical relation is forbidden through fosterage. In simple terms, one’s foster mother is like one’s mother and her children become one’s foster brothers and sisters and her father becomes one’s foster grandfather and similarly all those types of people normally forbidden are also forbidden in fosterage (i.e. foster father/mother, foster brother/sister, foster uncle/aunt, foster daughter/son etc).

** A half brother or sister shares one parent biologically. A step brother or sister is where 2 people who already have kids, marry, there is no blood relation.

Source

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!