/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Weakening Iman + Shaytans Whispers

hisnameiszzz
04-20-2015, 03:39 PM
Salaams all,

I know some of you have been following my trials and tribulations with my neighbours which has been ongoing for such a long time, I forget how long it's been going on for! Looking for other properties, convincing my Mother to move, and getting my health sorted is all on the way but I know it will take time for something to be sorted out.

As time has gone on, I have found that my Iman is weakening (it could also be lethargy as I have not slept properly for a long time). For example, when I go to the Masjid for Salaah, I just feel like I am going through the motions and I do not feel a connection to Allah. Before when things were better, I would go to the Masjid and enjoy praying my Salaah and I felt a connection and I was happy and wanted to pray. Now it's totally the opposite. Also, I used to enjoy praying the Qura'an, but now that also seems like a chore. Plus Shaytan keeps whispering things in my ear like "Why bother praying, no one's going to listen to you!", "How long have you been praying for and what has changed?". I know I am not perfect, but I try and follow Islam the best I can: I pray, I look after my Mother, I help around at home, I don't hurt/upset anyone etc. Sometimes I get angry towards Allah, which I have no right in doing so, but tiredness and whispers in my ear are leading me down a very dark path.

I was wanting to know if anyone else has been through a phase like this and how they got over it. Also, is there anything I can pray or do to stop making me think and feel the way I am? I normally start praying Yaseen or praying various tasbeehs when things like this crop up in my mind, but the whispers seem to be taking over me. I know not what to do.

Also, if I contacted an Imam say from my Masjid or another local one, do you think they would judge me for thinking the way I am thinking and for saying the things I am saying? It's OK to do it on a forum as it is anonymous and no one knows me, but to do it face to face, I don't want to be thought of as some kind of hypocrite or have it held against me.

I hope someone might be able to give me some advice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alex_
04-20-2015, 07:29 PM
Wa alaikym asalaam,

Iman rises and falls. You kinda have to expect it. Long as the shaitan are botering you ya know your on the right path. When they completely leave you alone if when you need to worry because they know your on the path to hell and they find other targets.

There are multiple ways to minimize them however. The 4 quls (Kafiroon, Ikhlas, Falaq, Nas) can be a shield. Al-Nas speaks of refugre from the whispers specifically. Trying to be in a constant state of wudu helps. Also the dua "authu billah mini shaytan nir rajeem" combined with blowing to the left 3 times can help.

Be grateful to Allah (awj) at all times. There is no power in this world that operates without his will. When bad things come your way remember the most high decreed it and this life is only a test to see who is best in deed.

greenhill
04-21-2015, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Plus Shaytan keeps whispering things in my ear like "Why bother praying, no one's going to listen to you!", "How long have you been praying for and what has changed?". I know I am not perfect, but I try and follow Islam the best I can: I pray, I look after my Mother, I help around at home, I don't hurt/upset anyone etc. Sometimes I get angry towards Allah, which I have no right in doing so, but tiredness and whispers in my ear are leading me down a very dark path.
There's a lot to be learnt from the stories of the prophets. They are not just stories but acts also as a guide for us. For you I see 38:41 as specially relevant to your plight. It is about Nabi Ayob (pbuh) when he cried out to Allah :

And remember Our servant Job, when he called to his Lord, "Indeed, Satan has touched me with hardship and torment."

It was a desperate attempt by Satan to make him lose faith in Allah and be lead astray due to his frustrations. Very much like the situation you are going through.

On your question about whether anyone goes through phases like this and how they overcome it, really depends on the individual and their own reasoning. I have been going through a different kind of test for many years now and it has created a lot of suffering for a lot of people. All I think about is that whatever the situation, it will remain the situation and the effort still needs to be put in. There is not point in getting frustrated (to the point of it becoming destructive) on matters that is beyond your control. Just HAVE to remain patient and deal with the lousy situation as best you could (like Ayub (pbuh)). Hopefully, in being patient, Allah will wipe out our sins of past...rather than being impatient and still keeping the sins of past AND add further sins of the current times (by being impatient).

Does it make any sense to you?

:peace:

hisnameiszzz
04-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Thanks to both Alex and GREENHILL for your posts. Both of them make sense to me and I shall definitely be praying what you have suggested. I do appreciate the time and effort you have put into your replies.

Anyone else that has been through ups and downs? Anyone else had Shaytan whispering in their ears also?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
04-21-2015, 06:47 PM
yeah, me - i slapped him silly and sent him home :D

hisnameiszzz
04-21-2015, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
yeah, me - i slapped him silly and sent him home :D
You crack me up Uncle Scimi. It was nice to laugh. I've not laughed in such a long time. The cretins keep slamming doors and I keep jumping out of my skin. So annoying. +o(

Scimitar
04-21-2015, 11:54 PM
Alhamdulillah, I am pleased that I was able to bring a smile to your face brother. I am planning a bbq round mine for a few weeks time, you're more than welcome to join me bro :)

Scimi

hisnameiszzz
04-22-2015, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Alhamdulillah, I am pleased that I was able to bring a smile to your face brother. I am planning a bbq round mine for a few weeks time, you're more than welcome to join me bro :)

Scimi
Jazakallah, that's awfully kind of you, but with my current state of mind and tiredness, I would probably fall asleep on the BBQ and end up getting roasted. :embarrass:embarrass. Hope life is treating you well Uncle Scimi.

BeTheChange
05-03-2015, 08:50 PM
Walaikumasalaam

Please visit http://www.kalamullah.com/salah.html

33 Ways of developing Khushoo’ in Salaah

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!