/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayers

Eesaa_F
04-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Salaam everyone. Please forgive me if this is the millionth time a thread like this is created.

I'm newly converted and I'll be honest, I haven't been praying 5 times a day. However, it is my goal to be doing so before Ramadan.
I have been burning through A LOT of literature, and learning a ton about Islam in depth but I'm finding it difficult to remember and recite during the salaah.

To the point... I found this great app on the play store where they're teaching the user to make salaah, they recite everything out loud and I was wondering if it would be permissible for me to use this app and make salaah as if I were in mosque (with someone leading), at least until I can memorise everything.

Thanks
Eesaa.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
04-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Welcome to islam and the forum. :D

Whichever way that suits you to learn. I used to pray, nearly 4 months, reciting everything out loud so that my son can hear me and like it or not, he ended up memorising the whole prayer. Eventually you will wean off the thing. Some people put largely written notes on the floor.

I find spoken out loud easier to remember than having to read it.

Wishing you a great stay. I see you are already answering questions. :shade:

:peace:

Eesaa_F
04-28-2015, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Welcome to islam and the forum. :D

Whichever way that suits you to learn. I used to pray, nearly 4 months, reciting everything out loud so that my son can hear me and like it or not, he ended up memorising the whole prayer. Eventually you will wean off the thing. Some people put largely written notes on the floor.

I find spoken out loud easier to remember than having to read it.

Wishing you a great stay. I see you are already answering questions. :shade:

[emoji14]eace:
Thank you so much for your reply. Just from listening to it over and over I started memorizing a lot of it.

Muslim Woman
04-28-2015, 12:08 PM
:wa:

bro , Welcome to Islam .

I read in few convert stories that they found it useful to play audio / video while offering salat . Rules are relaxed for new Muslims . So , don't worry about it .

Try to learn slowly and be steady . Also try to go to mosque whenever it is possible for u .

Make dua for the Ummah. May Allah bless you and us .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!