/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Heart hurts

o00III00oo
04-29-2015, 11:27 PM
Oh my brothers and sisters, I have a problem that has been bitting away at me for a very long time. Being a teen in a western world I have committed some bad sins. It's gotten to a point that when I commit I try to repent but shaytaan steers me to sin. For example I pray to Allah that when my alarm wakes me up for fajr I get up and do wudu. Instead my evil gets the best of me and I conditionally turns off the alarm and go back to sleep. I wake up and the thought of my sin hurts so much that I have pains in my chest area. At times I get angry at both myself and allah for not helping me fight temptation. But sometimes they get extinguished when I remind myself allah has given me more in life than I could ask for and that he will do what's right when the time is right. What should I do? When I get these agonising thoughts of "I have sinned and the angels have watched me" I feel as if my heart starts to pain and turn black. Jazakallah for taking the time to read 🙏

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-29-2015, 11:47 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by o00III00oo
For example I pray to Allah that when my alarm wakes me up for fajr I get up and do wudu. Instead my evil gets the best of me and I conditionally turns off the alarm and go back to sleep
That's why I put my alarm on the place that far enough from my bed. So I must wake up and walk leave my bed to turn off the alarm. I learn it from my experience. In the past I put my alarm near my bed. Then when alarm rang my hand automatically turned it off and I slept again.

By the way, where you put your alarm?. And it's better if you put two or more alarm to make you wake up. Yes, sometime I use two alarm, or even three.

o00III00oo
04-29-2015, 11:49 PM
Thank you for the reply. My phone is placed next to my bed so maybe that's why I automatically swipe to dismiss. I do use 2 alarms one at 4 and one at 4 15 however I only seem to remember dismissing one alarm

strivingobserver98
04-29-2015, 11:56 PM
Oh my brothers and sisters, I have a problem that has been bitting away at me for a very long time. Being a teen in a western world I have committed some bad sins.

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." - Surat Az Zumar [39:53]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
04-30-2015, 12:09 AM
Thank you for the reply. My phone is placed next to my bed so maybe that's why I automatically swipe to dismiss. I do use 2 alarms one at 4 and one at 4 15 however I only seem to remember dismissing one alarm
If you wake up and automatically turn off the alarm that set for 4:00, you may be will not wake up when the alarm that set for 4:15 is ringing, because your brain has ordered your ears to ignore the alarm ringing. That's why I always set all of my alarm for the same time, and I put them on separate places.

But the most important is niat (intention). With strong niat you can wake up at the time that you want, even without alarm. So, make dua before your sleep and saying niat that you want to wake up and perform salah at ... (time). Just try, In Sha Allah, it works.

:)

MuslimInshallah
04-30-2015, 01:22 AM
Assalaamu alaikum OOO,

(smile) You might try going to bed earlier, too, so you won't be so tired the next morning. (twinkle) Adolescents tend to go to bed really late.

May Allah, the Got-Forgiving and Kind, ease your pain.

o00III00oo
04-30-2015, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
If you wake up and automatically turn off the alarm that set for 4:00, you may be will not wake up when the alarm that set for 4:15 is ringing, because your brain has ordered your ears to ignore the alarm ringing. That's why I always set all of my alarm for the same time, and I put them on separate places.

But the most important is niat (intention). With strong niat you can wake up at the time that you want, even without alarm. So, make dua before your sleep and saying niat that you want to wake up and perform salah at ... (time). Just try, In Sha Allah, it works.

:)
Ok I will try that jazak'allah

o00III00oo
04-30-2015, 06:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum OOO,

(smile) You might try going to bed earlier, too, so you won't be so tired the next morning. (twinkle) Adolescents tend to go to bed really late.

May Allah, the Got-Forgiving and Kind, ease your pain.
Wa'alaikum salaam Muslim Insha'allah,

I try to but school work + the phone keeps me awake 😅 but thanks I will try to wrap things up earlier

greenhill
04-30-2015, 03:24 PM
I read the OP and have a question. If you really feel that bad about it, surely that should be enough for you to fight the temptation of continuing sleep. It should be amongst the first thoughts in the mind to fight the want to go back to sleep. So, my feeling is that it is a 'fancy' and perhaps not a serious intent. Because serious intent meeting a failure followed up by 'heart hurting' should lead to the compelling desire to do it. Just get up. Repeated failure despite having guilt pangs and regrets, means the ambition is not real. You, like mostly everyone else (myself included) have conscience, we know when we have done wrong, we also know when we could have done better. Sometimes we promise, and many times we break our promises. It is hardly surprising when we do not really intend to deliver that promise. Do you really want to do it? You can spent 15 minutes switching off all the alarms around your room and still go to bed without performing the solat..:peace:

o00III00oo
04-30-2015, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I read the OP and have a question. If you really feel that bad about it, surely that should be enough for you to fight the temptation of continuing sleep. It should be amongst the first thoughts in the mind to fight the want to go back to sleep. So, my feeling is that it is a 'fancy' and perhaps not a serious intent. Because serious intent meeting a failure followed up by 'heart hurting' should lead to the compelling desire to do it. Just get up. Repeated failure despite having guilt pangs and regrets, means the ambition is not real. You, like mostly everyone else (myself included) have conscience, we know when we have done wrong, we also know when we could have done better. Sometimes we promise, and many times we break our promises. It is hardly surprising when we do not really intend to deliver that promise. Do you really want to do it? You can spent 15 minutes switching off all the alarms around your room and still go to bed without performing the solat..[emoji14]eace:
Of course I do its just when the alarm awakes I don't how it's like I turn it off without conscience. However starting today I will start to store my phone far from me so when I get up I will be awake enough go do salah

greenhill
04-30-2015, 03:32 PM
I've noticed that using the phone, this post and my last one has somehow had its paragraphs merged into one giant paragraph. Hmmmm :peace:

BeTheChange
05-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Sometimes as human beings it helps to have a reason to do a certain act. Also, it helps if we understand why we need to pray.

Some of us pray in fear of Allah swa and some of us pray in love or to show obedience to Allah swa.

Whatever personal reason we have it's all good as long as we pray and the key to success is to be steadfast in our prayers. In this dunya when we are faced with interrogation, scrutinisation or when we have to justify ourselves to people, we want to look good, we want to (sometimes) impress the other human being etc - Imagine on the day of Qiymaat - Allah swa says to you in front of the whole world I am impressed with you and gives you your book in your right hand.

I read somewhere if we understood the blessings of prayers we would crawl to the masjid. We have legs, we have a brain, we have comfort etc (assuming) - Alhamdulilah, i know when i was revising for academic exams i was deprived of sleep - so if we do this for dunya - we should apply the same (more effort) for the akhira.

Why? because we want results - we need jannah in sha Allah

After a long and hectic day at work, how difficult it is for a tired person to stand on the prayer-mat and concentrate on his prayers to Allah Almighty. Snuggled in a warm and cozy bed, how difficult it is to get up at the call of Mu'adhdhin: "Come to prayer, come to success." The famous doctor and philosopher Ibn Sina (Avicenna), recalls such a moment in his life. Once cold and icy night, he and his slave were resting in an inn in a remote part of Khurasan. During the night he felt thirsty and shouted out to his slave to get him some water.

The salve had no desire to leave his warm bed, so he pretended not to hear Avicenna's call. But finally after repeated calls he reluctantly got up and went to fetch the water. A little while later, the melodious sound of the Adhan filled the air. Avicenna began to think about the person calling the believers to prayer. My slave Abdullah, he mused, has always respected and admired me. He seizes any opportunity to lavish praise and affection on me but tonight, he preferred his own comfort to my needs. On the other hand, look at this Persian slave of Allah. He left his warm bed to go out in the chilly night, he made ablution in the icy water of the stream, and then he ascended the high minaret of the mosque to glorify He Whom he truly serves.

"I bear witness that there is none to be worshipped except Allah." "I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."

Tonight, Avicenna records, I learned the essence of true love; that love which results in complete obedience. The love of Allah demands total and unconditional obedience.

Allah almighty says:
"Say (O Muhammad (pbuh) to mankind): 'If you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic monotheism, follow the Quran and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins.' And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (3:31)

If you wish to read more visit: http://kalamullah.com/why-do-we-pray.html

o00III00oo
05-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Thank you for the reply sometimes I get the feeling to stay up at night till fajr

BeTheChange
05-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Thank you for the reply sometimes I get the feeling to stay up at night till fajr

Do that to begin with if you find it extremely difficult to get up.

Then in sha Allah what will happen is you will value the time you have to sleep and this will in sha Allah encourage you to wake up.

Don't THINK about whether you should pray or not, this was my downfall too!!!

Just get up and pray - don't decide, just pray in sha Allah - otherwise if you start to think shaytaan will tempt you to take the bad path..

& you know what they say, tomorrow never comes!

Wish you succeed in this area Ameen!

o00III00oo
05-01-2015, 07:06 PM
Jazak'allah hope we all succeed in prayer Ameen!

saif-uddin
05-02-2015, 07:49 AM
Al-Quran, Surah An-Najm : Ayah 39
------------------------------------------
"That man can have nothing but what he strives for;"

if we want Jannah we gotta work for it.

:jz:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!