/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking

mr2299muslim
05-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Salam,
I have a grave problem where i consistently throughout the day am thinking about my past,future,present,friends that i dislike,negative thoughts and other irrelevant depressing things, so much ao it gets to a point where i literally feel that my brain will explode! Always have butterflys in my stomach for no good reason, and am always stressed out which has resulted in a 24/7 headache and general pain and discomfort in the body, are there any dua's or advice pleasee,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
05-03-2015, 02:37 PM
:sl:

For duas read the one I posted on this thread here :ia:: http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-a...ml#post2845628

Ridwaan Ravat
05-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Assalamualykum.

What you are feeling are whispers from the devil.

When overcome by depressing thoughts immediately recite

اعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم

And

لا حول و لا قوة إلا بالله

Also try and remain in the state of wudhu and continue asking Allah for assistance.

BeTheChange
05-03-2015, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mr2299muslim
Salam,
I have a grave problem where i consistently throughout the day am thinking about my past,future,present,friends that i dislike,negative thoughts and other irrelevant depressing things, so much ao it gets to a point where i literally feel that my brain will explode! Always have butterflys in my stomach for no good reason, and am always stressed out which has resulted in a 24/7 headache and general pain and discomfort in the body, are there any dua's or advice pleasee,
Walaikumaslaam,

Wishing you the best of health!

I think it is normal for us all as human beings to think about our past, present and future. However, the important thing here, like anything else is to have a balance! Why are you consumed with thoughts of the past? Is it feelings of guilt? Is it feelings of regret? Is it wish you did this and wish you didn't do this? Remember, If only is the path of shaytaan!

Whatever you feel towards your past you should leave the past where it belongs. Only contemplate about your past if it is going to help you in a particular situation. The only power the past has is the power you give it. Concentrate on your present. How do you do this? You do this by setting yourself daily goals i.e start with the compulsory acts - today i need to pray my 5 times a day, today i also need to work, today i also need to do this etc.

If you want to achieve something set yourself goals and keep practising and in sha Allah you will succeed.

Thoughts about friends that you dislike? If you still hang around with these friends stop hanging around with them. If they have done something hurtful to you, you have to learn how to let go and move on otherwise, it will torment you for the rest of your life. Not only that, you've given the friends that you dislike the power to control your inner thoughts and waste precious time!!

Dealing with Worries and Stress

Muhammad Salih al-MunajjidIt is the nature of this life that people will suffer from worries and stress, because this world is the place of disease, hardship and suffering. It is also the nature of this life that people have to put with suffering and hardship for various reasons. So people feel regret for what has happened in the past, anxious about that may happen in the future, and worried about what is going on in the present. The things that cross our mind and make us feel distressed are things in the past that have caused grief, things in the future that we are worried about, and things in the present which concern us.

People react differently to stress and worries, depending on how many things are concerning them, whether the worry is continuous or not, and on whether they have faith in their hearts or are rebellious and sinful. We may describe people's hearts as being of two types: either the heart is the throne of Allaah, filled with light, life, happiness, joy and all the treasures of goodness; or it is the throne of Shaytaan, wherein is distress, darkness, death, grief, worry and anxiety.

Visit (& you can download the e-book) >>> http://kalamullah.com/personality.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
05-04-2015, 03:35 PM
It will take discipline to change. If you feel that is a problem then yes, dua. But it cannot be just that. You must also act. • with regards to your thinking overdrive, let's assume you can't stop. So consider channelling it towards something constructive as opposed to destructive. Is the thought on something within your control to do, improve etc or is it really non of your business to be thinking about it anyway.. start removing the worries that do not concern you, and things that are beyond your control. :peace:

mr2299muslim
05-09-2015, 08:48 PM
May Allah Bless u All for Your advice

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!