/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Montana
05-04-2015, 02:18 PM
I am a convert to Islam from Christianity. I converted after listening to an audio book version of the Holy Quran about 3 and a half years ago. I live in a rural part of Montana and the nearest Mosque is a little over 200 miles away. I haven’t gotten a chance to visit it yet, since I don’t get to go to Billings very often. I don’t have any Muslim friends, I haven’t even met another Muslim. My parents are Christians and they are accepting of me being a Muslim. I showed them the Quran and they accept that Muhammad (pbuh) was a prophet and that the Quran is the truth, but they are older and set in their ways of worshiping God. Most of the people that live around here are very averse to Islam. I started to take religion a lot more seriously since my conversion. I have started becoming very distant from my old friends, who are for the most part not religious. Many of them are only interested in material things and drinking/partying. I have lost interest in much of those types of things. I really like listening to the Quran. The first time I heard it I knew that it was the truth. It made perfect sense to me, since the deification of Christ always seemed strange to me. I like all the scientific miracles that are throughout it also. I am excited to learn more about Islam, from what I’ve seen this board seems like a great source of information.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
05-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Salaams to you.Welcome to the forum. How blessed your situation seem for you. What's important for your own growth is there, your accepting parents. The rest is manageable. Nearest mosque is 200 miles away is a downer but I'd take parental tolerance over anything. Wishing you a great stay. :peace:

Muslim Woman
05-04-2015, 03:08 PM
:sl:

brother , welcome to Islam .

Pl. browse the forum and feel free to ask in related threads. Keep giving dawah to your parents and others . May Allah bless you.

strivingobserver98
05-04-2015, 09:10 PM
:sl:

Welcome to IB! :)

Wonderful story. Hope you find this forum beneficial to you :ia:.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
05-05-2015, 06:33 AM
Salam and welcome to the forum:)

You have chosen the best religion!

May Allah keep you strong in Islam.

sister herb
05-05-2015, 06:34 AM
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum and thanks about your story. Hopely you will find good muslim friends from this site and a lot of information about Islam too.

Scimitar
05-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Assalaam alaikum bro Montana :)

friends come and go - family stays :) Muslims are one BIG extended family :) welcome brother.

Scimi

Jannat Seeker
05-05-2015, 05:13 PM
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Welcome to the forum ! Hope you will find your stay beneficial...
May ALLAH makes it easy for you to know more about Islam & follow it.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Brothers & Sisters here on IB are really helpful.

Lisa921
05-06-2015, 04:39 AM
Mabrook. May Allah bless you. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!