PDA

View Full Version : The Weakest Home | Domestic Violence

Signor
05-06-2015, 03:16 PM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
05-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Asalamualykum!

Domestic violence or any type of violence upsets me, especially when children are in the home to witness the violence!

This experience scars you for life. It really does. Not only that, it also affects how you are towards people and how you interact, form relationships, how you view yourself, your self-confidence, your self-respect etc.

I like this quote - shouting/physical violence is a weak man's/woman's interpretation of strength.

I think a lot of women experience domestic violence but they keep it hidden. These days there's many more support groups and sheltered accommodation for women who experience domestic violence. However, i do feel sorry for the brothers because not many people address domestic violence in the context of men. Although the numbers may be low (maybe because men don't report the crime due to shame and embarrassment etc), it still is an important social problem!

May Allah swa help all married people to treat each other with love, respect and care Ameen.

Lisa921
06-04-2015, 01:39 PM
salaam alaykum
Violence in the home is awful. It tears apart marriages and families and leaves everyone crippled. I think we need more people to speak out and help these families before its too late and they do things that cannot be taken back or fixed.
There is so much shame around this that people are afraid to speak out and ask for help especially the perpetrators of such violence. We need a little decorum around this issue and a confidenctial approach. Services are there but when the words get out to friends and family there is an all or nothing attitude toward the aggressor such that friends and family push the victim to extreme measures when things could be resolved confidentially and keep the family unit preserved. I know familys that have overcome aggression and gone on to live many years together. ITs not a problem that's anyones elses business beside the family unit and the care workers who try to help them.
People hold grudges for example the mother of a daughter who is abused or the father....and this is not their place to do so. The grudge is the right of the daughter in that case and if she has worked through the issue with her husband then who has the right to say anything?
I hope more people can come forward with positive examples of those who overcame aggression/abusive relationships either by leaving or by staying but in any case a positive reconciliation.
The media loves to show "horror stories"...this is such cheap entertainment in my opinion. Its much more entertaining to see a store of overcoming adversity then surrending...

that's just my two cents :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!