/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Guiding stars - Abdullah Bin Mas'ood R.A

Ridwaan Ravat
05-09-2015, 03:45 PM
GUIDING STARS[emoji93]

ABDULLAH BIN MAS'OOD R.A

Abdullah Bin Mas'ood r.a was the sixth person to accept Islaam.
As a teenager, he grazed the sheep of Uqbah Bin Abi Mu'ait on the outskirts of Makkah. One day, he was approached by two men (Naby s.a.w and Abu Bakr r.a), asking for some milk to drink.
"Yes, I do have" he replied, "but, it has been entrusted to me , I do not have the right to offer it to you. "
Naby s.a.w then asked: "Do you have a goat that hasn't mated?" Obviously, such a goat will not give milk. Naby s.a.w then passed His hands on its udders, recited few verses and milk began to flow. All three drank to their fill and this was the the turning point of Abdullah Bin Masood r.a ,when he entered the beautiful religion of Islam. When Abdullah Bin Masood r.a later asked Naby s.a.w what those verses were, Naby s.a.w passed His blessed hands on Him and made dua:
May Allah have mercy on you. You will have a bright future and you will reach the pinnacle of knowledge.

The effect of this dua is seen till today where we all benefit from the knowledge of Abdullah Bin Masood r.a.
Masrooq, a Taabiee said: "6 Sahaba possessed the joint knowledge of all the Sahaba, and the knowledge of these were possessed by two, Abdullah Bin Masood r.a and Ali r.a."
Naby s.a.w said "Learn the Quraan from 4 people..." and the first name mentioned was that of Abdullah Bin Masood r.a.
Umar r.a said "Abdullah Bin Masood r.a may be small in size but he is like a small utensil that is brimming and overflowing with the knowledge and understanding of Dean."
His students in Kufah alone totalled to 4000.

He stuck to Naby s.a.w just like a person's shadow is attached to him. He use to keep the shoes and pillow of Naby s.a.w and attended to the different needs of Naby s.a.w like kept His wudhu requirements ready,awoken Him, veiled Him when He bathed etc
This is what earned Him the glad tidings of Jannah.

He even had the honour of killing the person who inflicted the most harm to Naby s.a.w and the Sahaba r.a , ie ABU JAHAL ,during the battle of Badar.

Once, during a journey, Naby s.a.w required a miswaak, Abdullah Bin Masood r.a immediately responded by climbing a tree and breaking a miswaak for Naby s.a.w. As He climbed up, His shins were exposed and the other Sahaba began to smile.(Abdullah Bin Masood r.a had a very short and thin built.) Naby s.a.w said : "I take an oath that these shins of Abdullah Bin Masood r.a will be weightier on the scales of the day of Judgement than the vast mountain range of Uhud."

Naby s.a.w said :
"I like for my ummah what Abdullah Bin Masood r.a likes for them and I dislike for them what he dislikes for them."

During His final sickness, Uthmaan r.a visited Him and offered to give him some money from the public treasury. Abdullah Bin Mas'ood r.a refused and when Uthmaan r.a suggested Him leaving the money for his daughters, Abdullah Bin Masood r.a answered "Do you fear poverty to afflict my daughters? This is not my concern as I heard Naby s.a.w say , "The person who reads surah waaqiah every night ,Allah will never allow poverty to come to him." I have taught this to my daughters.

A few days before Abdullah Bin Masood r.a passed away, a man told him "I saw a dream in which Naby s.a.w was standing on a pulpit and you were standing below Him. Naby s.a.w said to you, "O Ibnu Mas'ood, hurry to me since you have undergone many difficulties in life after my demise."

Abdullah Bin Masood r.a passed away in the year 32 A.H at the age of 63 and was buried in Jannatul Baqee.

May Allah be pleased with Him r.a and grant us the knowledge of deen and piety that he possessed.

Another true role model for us all.

*Written by my wife

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!