/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saying hello to all

colinberry1
05-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Hi I was born in Malaysia and lived here in the UK since I was 11 years old.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimInshallah
05-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Greetings Colin,

(smile) I see you've started adding your 2 cents worth (twinkle. Or penny's worth, in your currency, I suppose!). Welcome to this Forum. I hope to have the pleasure of reading more from you.

May God, the Kind, Bless you and Bring you ever closer to Him.

Scimitar
05-11-2015, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by colinberry1
Hi I was born in Malaysia and lived here in the UK since I was 11 years old.
Studio Liverpool? :) wipEout - or am I speaking nonsense?

Ok let me explain - I know of a game developer of the same name.

Welcome btw

Scimi

BeTheChange
05-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Hi Colin,

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the answers you're looking for (if your looking for anything at all)!

Wish you well. If there's any clarification or answers you need - feel free to ask.

Happy posting.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
05-11-2015, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Hope you had good memories of Malaysia..

:peace:

colinberry1
05-11-2015, 10:14 PM
Hi to you all for responding to me, being a 24 7 carer for my wife does not give me a lot of time to myself, but just have to talk to someone sometimes to break the monotony of chores I have to carry out stringently.

I do feel humble a monks you all who have such strong commitments to God, unfortunately I seem to hold a position that seemed to attract the devil who claims to be helping me in my time of need, it calls itself a lawyer a barrister and even the judiciary.

I am not a religious person but do believe in a creator that you call God, I say to my wife I just pray that God will have sympathy for you, and help you cope and make it easier for me to handle trying to manage our situation.

Please feel free to communicate with me and ask freely whatever you would like to know, I enjoy honesty, to me it is God's fresh air, so rare in this world today. I will try to answer all of you in due course, please be patient remind me if I fail to answer you

colinberry1
05-12-2015, 12:34 AM
Scimi, I think you mistake me for somebody else, just Google my name and you will find out everything about me.

BeTheChange, thanks, yes I do hope that I find the answers I'm looking for, I am always looking for Enlightenment never can get enough of it, life is a lesson, probably not the lessons you think, I have a different outlook to life.

Greenhill, it's nice to have someone from Malaysia on here, yes I have some fond memories of Malaysia very close to my heart, missed the food tremendously.

As a child I always wondered why did we have religion, it only served to divide us, I can remember all my friends we use to play together until religion time, and we all went our separate ways. I am from KL which part of Malaysia are you from.

greenhill
05-12-2015, 03:12 AM
As a child I always wondered why did we have religion, it only served to divide us
As a child I did wonder similarly... I was more concern with a lesson taught then that all non believers were destined to burn in hell.... and my best friend was a Chinese boy... But now, no longer a child (having children of my own) I have learnt that the purpose of life is to find Allah. All religions teach good. All religion tells us to avoid bad. The question then becomes, with so many, which is it? There is only one that has a 'guide' which remains untampered since revelation, the Quran.

Hence it is important to have these religion time as you call it, otherwise it is very easy to dismiss the message. I was amongst those people that had to take a break from the activities of fun with my friends to go to these classes (much to my dismay then) but has helped keep me grounded in my adult years..

I am from KL which part of Malaysia are you from.
I live very near KL, just on the outskirts in the hills surrounding the city.

colinberry1
05-12-2015, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
As a child I did wonder similarly... I was more concern with a lesson taught then that all non believers were destined to burn in hell.... and my best friend was a Chinese boy... But now, no longer a child (having children of my own) I have learnt that the purpose of life is to find Allah. All religions teach good. All religion tells us to avoid bad. The question then becomes, with so many, which is it? There is only one that has a 'guide' which remains untampered since revelation, the Quran.

Hence it is important to have these religion time as you call it, otherwise it is very easy to dismiss the message. I was amongst those people that had to take a break from the activities of fun with my friends to go to these classes (much to my dismay then) but has helped keep me grounded in my adult years..
Greenhill, yes I agree with everything you're saying, the problem is today society is so corrupt that one would have to tow the line or lose your job or even imprisoned for being truthful, example Edward Snowden, Bradley Manning, it just goes on and on and on, do you think that Islam is any different, or do you blame the individual, can I pick a Muslim Solicitor and feel sure that I have someone I could trust, or that trustworthy Muslim Solicitor have lost his job or ability to get on in the practice.

Do you think it is an impossibility today to get on without being corrupted, I know from my own children and how much they have change, from when they were 12 years old, now in their middle to late 30s holding good jobs in the city, I know they are not the same children that I taught, it seems to me that the devil runs the world and all of our society, he pays those who listen to what he says extremely well, money from all of our pockets that he collect in our name but we seem to be blind to what he's up to, or is it that people are corrupted and do not want to admit to it, that is why they still go out to vote the devil into power.

strivingobserver98
05-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Welcome to IB.

Enjoy reading and posting. :)

greenhill
05-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Heavy questions on the intro page, I say. But I'd be happy to share my thoughts. It's just horrible doing it on a phone. . So for now I'd just say that Islam is perfect, the people aren't. I believe when Allah says he test everyone and none will be given more than he can handle. I believe our level of intelligence also determines the intensity of our tests. All we should do is to accept it with patience.

A trustworthy person is a trustworthy person, I find, regardless of religion. Trust must be earned.

colinberry1
05-12-2015, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
A trustworthy person is a trustworthy person, I find, regardless of religion. Trust must be earned.
Well I think that answers it all, it doesn't matter if it was ET or some barbarian that walk this planet, to us individual that is all that matters, I can live with that, a trustworthy entity, yes I can live with that rather than all the promises that some denominations make, and give us a live of hell.

Umm Abed
05-20-2015, 07:34 AM
I hope you are well and I wish you a pleasant stay on IB forums:)

colinberry1
05-20-2015, 07:55 AM
Hi Umm Abed, thanks for the welcome, yes I do hope that we all could gain something from me being here in the forum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!