/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Myanmar Muslims persecuted and dying in ocean

OmAbdullah
05-14-2015, 07:58 PM
Numerous Muslims from Burma/ Myanmar running away in boats because they are persecuted in their country only because they are Muslims. Their boats are not allowed to enter Indonesia, Malaysia etc. We especially complain to the leaders of the Muslim countries, why are they so hard- hearted. If such is the case then we all must pray to Allah to bring Mahdi with full help, aameen. I think this is the time when we are in extreme need of Help from Allah to send us a leader to protect the Muslims all over the world. Alas! At such time there come unjust hard-hearted Christians on the forum and accuse the Muslims to be killers. Don't they see what is happening with the innocent Muslims at the hands kaafirs???

I advise those Muslim brothers and sisters who belong to the Muslim countries like Indonesia and Malaysia to write letters to their rulers to send planes to protect the suffering Muslims in the ocean near their land.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-16-2015, 03:49 PM
:sl:

yes , this is heart breaking . Many muslims are drinking their own urine because they don't have water .

Some died when they tried to catch food thrown from helicopters . May Allah have mercy on them and forgive us . We Muslims are sleeping when our sisters and brothers are in the ocean without food , water .

Muslim Woman
05-17-2015, 03:33 AM

"The spectacle of thousands of desperate Rohingya Muslim "boat people" being denied landfall in Southeast Asia has laid bare the region's religious and ethnic prejudices..."-http://www.npr.org/
Denied citizenship by national law, Myanmar's Rohingya are effectively stateless. They have limited access to education or adequate health care and cannot move around freely. They have been attacked by the military and chased from their homes and land by extremist Buddhist mobs in a country that regards them as illegal settlers." ‪#‎SaveRohingyas‬

Muslim Woman
05-17-2015, 03:59 AM

May Allah help the forgotten people of #‪#‎Rohingya‬. Please lobby your governments if you're in one of these countries to accept them and also donate to support burmese refugees through a recognized charity of your choice.

Some organizations in the states are Helping Hand, united Muslim Relief, Islamic Relief and others

Omar Suleiman

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
05-17-2015, 09:14 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by nbegam
I advise those Muslim brothers and sisters who belong to the Muslim countries like Indonesia and Malaysia to write letters to their rulers to send planes to protect the suffering Muslims in the ocean near their land.
Indonesian fishermen have rescued hundreds Rohingya refugees from the sea and will help other Rohingya refugees. On the land, people have collected donations for the refugees. This is what Indonesian people can do for Rohingya people.

Ironically Indonesian navy and Malaysian navy are 'playing ping pong' with the refugees as the ball. Indonesia navy just giving foods and fuel to Rohingya refugees who they find on the sea, and then order the refugees to go to Malaysia, while Malaysian navy are ordering Rohingya to leave Malaysian sea areas.

Should Indonesian and Malaysian people write letters to government to rescue the Rohingyas who still on the sea?. What the Rohingyas need is our dua. May Allah make Indonesian fishermen find other Rohingyas before the navy find them. If the Rohingyas have been rescued by people, then navy will not dare to send them back to the sea.

Rohingya refugees which rescued by Indonesian fishermen arrived in Langkat North Sumatra. May 15, 2015.

OmAbdullah
05-17-2015, 09:41 PM
وعليكم السلام و رحمة الله

May Allah bless you, us and all those who try to save them in any possible way, aameen.

الحمد لله that some are saved by the fishermen. May Allah give them power to save all of the suffering Muslims on the ocean-surface, aameen ya Allah!

Scimitar
05-17-2015, 10:08 PM
These were made a few years ago, but we all need a reminder once in a while.

Scimi

MuslimInshallah
05-17-2015, 10:15 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Ardianto,

As you are closer to what is happening, perhaps could you give us an idea as to what might be things that we can do to help? Muslim Woman suggested some aid agencies. Would you recommend these? Are there any local Indonesian agencies that we could contact that are involved in helping the Rohingya? Or helping the fisherfolk who are helping them?

These people have been suffering so much… and they are so hungry, obviously. Zakat-due time is coming up. Is there any way that we can help?

I'd also suggest that we can write letters to the editor of our various nations' papers. They do sometimes get published. And if the editors recieve a lot, they are more likely to look at the story, even if they don't publish the letters.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
Allah (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection: O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me.
It was related by Muslim.

http://sunnah.com/qudsi40/18

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ:
" إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ يَقُولُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ: يَا ابْنَ آدَمَ، مَرِضْتُ فَلَمْ تَعُدْنِي(1) قَالَ: يَا رَبِّ كَيْفَ أَعُودُكَ وَأَنْتَ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ؟ قَالَ: أَمَا عَلِمْتَ أَنَّ عَبْدِي فُلَانًا مَرِضَ فَلَمْ تَعُدْهُ؟ أَمَا عَلِمْتَ أَنَّكَ لَوْ عُدْتَهُ لَوَجَدْتَنِي عِنْدَهُ. يَا ابْنَ آدَمَ: اسْتَطْعَمْتُكَ فَلَمْ تُطْعِمْنِي، قَالَ: يَا رَبِّ وَكَيْفَ أُطْعِمُكَ وَأَنْتَ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ؟ قَالَ: أَمَا عَلِمْتَ أَنَّهُ اسْتَطْعَمَكَ عَبْدِي فُلَانٌ فَلَمْ تُطْعِمْهُ؟ أَمَا عَلِمْتَ أَنَّكَ لَوْ أَطْعَمْتَهُ لَوَجَدْتَ ذَلِكَ عِنْدِي. يَا ابْنَ آدَمَ: اسْتَسْقَيْتُكَ فَلَمْ تَسْقِنِي، قَالَ: يَا رَبِّ كَيْفَ أَسْقِيكَ وَأَنْتَ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ؟ قَالَ اسْتَسْقَاكَ عَبْدِي فُلَانٌ فَلَمْ تَسْقِهِ، أَمَا إِنَّكَ لَوْ سَقَيْتَهُ لَوَجَدْتَ ذَلِكَ عِنْدِي"
رواه مسلم
Arabic/English book reference : Hadith 18

May Allah, the Judge Who is Utterly Just, Help us to realize and fulfil our obligations to those in need.

Sakina'141
05-18-2015, 12:07 AM

Yeah I agree with you sister nbegam, its shocking that these MUSLIM countries are refusing to provide refuge to these poor, oppressed people, Im sure its their Islamic duty to provide safe refuge, shelter and food for these people. I do not understand why Islamic countries would send back such desperate people, I really do not understand, these countries have enough space, they can even use the Rainforests if they really have to create space, all they want is to be treated like human being with equal rights which really isn't impossible. I don't know how some muslim leaders sleep at night after turning away such desperate people, they should do something to help them then they should also take actions to stop all the oppression in Myanmar by bringing the matter to all international leaders forcing them to collectively go through negotiations with the country to stop the oppression of muslims and ethnic groups. Yes, it will be a lot of work but someone with the high and mighty power needs to take the right action and start a trend to save humanity by caring human rights of others outside their own nationality.

May Allah guide all the leaders of the world to do what is right to save humanity and end oppression and unavoidable suffering, Ameen.

Sakina'141
05-18-2015, 12:23 AM
SOmetimes, what I find even more annoying then these muslim leaders refusing to provide refuge to really desperate people is when stupid muslims in the west who do not know the meaning of suffering and pain but dares to look down on those who come to the west to seek refuge from so many troubled lands after being so traumatised from war and oppression, these particular stupid (putting it nicely) western muslims think its wrong for such people to seek a better life in counties that do give human rights and refuge. They have never been through what these refugees through, they had it so easy and only big problem they have is all the fitna in the west (kind of nothing compared to oppression and torture imo) and feel no sympathy never mind empathy for the refugees looking for a better life, I don't know how these judgemental western muslims sleep at night either frowning up on the actions of desperate people seeking a better life in a non-muslim land because they don't have much better options from muslim lands. May Allah give us real understanding of others suffering badly around the world and give us the means with guidance to help them in some way, Ameen.

Sakina'141
05-18-2015, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sakina07

Yeah I agree with you sister nbegam, its shocking that these MUSLIM countries are refusing to provide refuge to these poor, oppressed people, Im sure its their Islamic duty to provide safe refuge, shelter and food for these people. I do not understand why Islamic countries would send back such desperate people, I really do not understand, these countries have enough space, they can even use the Rainforests if they really have to create space, all they want is to be treated like human being with equal rights which really isn't impossible. I don't know how some muslim leaders sleep at night after turning away such desperate people, they should do something to help them then they should also take actions to stop all the oppression in Myanmar by bringing the matter to all international leaders forcing them to collectively go through negotiations with the country to stop the oppression of muslims and ethnic groups. Yes, it will be a lot of work but someone with the high and mighty power needs to take the right action and start a trend to save humanity by caring human rights of others outside their own nationality.

May Allah guide all the leaders of the world to do what is right to save humanity and end oppression and unavoidable suffering, Ameen.
*avoidable

Sakina'141
05-18-2015, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah

As you are closer to what is happening, perhaps could you give us an idea as to what might be things that we can do to help? Muslim Woman suggested some aid agencies. Would you recommend these? Are there any local Indonesian agencies that we could contact that are involved in helping the Rohingya? Or helping the fisherfolk who are helping them?

These people have been suffering so much… and they are so hungry, obviously. Zakat-due time is coming up. Is there any way that we can help?

I'd also suggest that we can write letters to the editor of our various nations' papers. They do sometimes get published. And if the editors recieve a lot, they are more likely to look at the story, even if they don't publish the letters.
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Indonesian fishermen have rescued hundreds Rohingya refugees from the sea and will help other Rohingya refugees. On the land, people have collected donations for the refugees. This is what Indonesian people can do for Rohingya people.

Ironically Indonesian navy and Malaysian navy are 'playing ping pong' with the refugees as the ball. Indonesia navy just giving foods and fuel to Rohingya refugees who they find on the sea, and then order the refugees to go to Malaysia, while Malaysian navy are ordering Rohingya to leave Malaysian sea areas.

Should Indonesian and Malaysian people write letters to government to rescue the Rohingyas who still on the sea?. What the Rohingyas need is our dua. May Allah make Indonesian fishermen find other Rohingyas before the navy find them. If the Rohingyas have been rescued by people, then navy will not dare to send them back to the sea.

Rohingya refugees which rescued by Indonesian fishermen arrived in Langkat North Sumatra. May 15, 2015.
Yes I agree, I think there should start a petition, Indonesian and Malaysian nationals should take control and encourage their governments to take action to help these people. May Allah make it successful, Ameen. I think the UN should really do something to stop the Buddhist extremism and oppression as well.

Muslim Woman
05-18-2015, 07:46 AM

i found a petition online

Rescue the Rohingyans

we've got 7,625 signatures, help us get to 10,000

The link to this petition is: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/250/2...the-rohingyas/

ardianto
05-18-2015, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah

Wa'alaikumsalam, MuslimInshallah.

Indonesian aid agencies Aksi Cepat Tanggap (ACT) and Mer-C are actively involved in helping Rohingyas, not only in Indonesia, but also in Myanmar and Bangladesh.
http://www.act.id/id/home - http://www.mer-c.org/index.php/id/
Charity organizations like Rumah Zakat, PKPU, Dompet Dhuafa, etc are also opening donation accounts to help Rohingyas.

But actually Rohingyas need more than just donations.

As we know, Rohingya is an ethnic that have lived in Myanmar since long time ago, before Myanmar got its independence. But Myanmar govt does not recognize them as their citizens. It makes the Rohingyas can't get access to proper job, proper education, and other civilian rights. The situation is becoming worse because racist attitude of Burmese that see Rohingya as enemy. Finally it made Rohingya people decide to leave Myanmar.

What the Rohingyas need is "home". Place where they can live safely and permanently, place where they can work to fulfill their own needs.

Yes, sis, put the Rohingyas in refugee shelter and fulfill their own needs is not the solution for the Rohingyas. It's just helping them for a while. The solution for Rohingyas is giving them a "safe home".

But where is the location of "safe home" that the Muslim world can give to the Rohingyas?.

There is reluctance among Muslim majority countries to accept Rohingya to become their citizens. Muslim majority countries prefer to push Myanmar govt to treat Rohingya people better and accept again Rohingya refugees who have left Myanmar. But the problem is, Myanmar govt still does not recognize them as Myanmar citizen.

The saddest reality of Rohingya people is, they are not accepted by Myanmar and also not accepted by other countries, including Muslim majority countries. This is why Rohingyas called as the most persecuted people. They don't have a "home" like other people.

InToTheRain
05-18-2015, 04:21 PM
The saddest reality of Rohingya people is, they are not accepted by Myanmar and also not accepted by other countries, including Muslim majority countries. This is why Rohingyas called as the most persecuted people. They don't have a "home" like other people.
:salam:

Yes it's sickening that there are individuals who claim to be Muslims yet turn away their Brothers and SIsters who are persecuted in this way. This is betrayal and treachery; not sure what remains of the Imaan who supports this...
well it's clear they only have a political agenda to enforce and not an Islamic one. May Allah Most High give them Hidaya.

When the people of Mecca were persecuted Mohammad(SAW) advised them to go to Negus the Christian King to avoid persecution. When they went their Negus refused to give the Muslims back despite the behest of the leaders of Mecca. Why? He gave no weight to the political tie with the leaders of Mecca over the tie that bonded him to the Muslims which was love for God and Isa(AS)! The King later in his life reverted to Islam.

M.I.A.
05-18-2015, 07:48 PM
I hope that those allowed to stay find there feet quickly..

That would go a long way towards dispelling the stigma surrounding them.

Although I'm sure they will encounter adversity either way.

Between beggers and slaves.. At least one gets to prove themselves.

Lisa921
05-18-2015, 09:17 PM
salaam alaykum
I think this is atrocious what is happening to these rohingya people and they deserve a home.
I will sign the petition that was posted in one of the previous posts and I will pray for these muslims
I am also a white muslim Canadian and am not opposed to refugees seeking asylum in western countries unlike what someone before me alluded too. I am more than happy to accept the refugees in my land if I had any power to do that.
I find the Bangladesh prime minister in the video to be a coward for denying the atrocities in her neighbour country when people much farther away can see whats really happening. How could she not see it? its awful and I will pray that allah guides her to the truth. amen
amen to the other duas too.
lisa

Muslim Woman
05-19-2015, 03:08 AM

just read in our local daily Indonesian Navy
warned Fishermen not to save anyone even if s/he
is drowning in front of them.

MuslimInshallah
05-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I found this UNHCR article. It shows the kindness of ordinary people who, it seems, have led their governements to change their position on the Rohingya (the latest news is that the governments of Indonesia and Malasia will allow the refugees to land… at least for a year. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle24507965/ )

After long ordeal at sea, Rohingya find humanity in Indonesia

News Stories, 18 May 2015

© UNHCR

A rescued boat woman and her two children eat some welcome food at a centre in Kuala Cangkoi, Indonesia.

LHOKSUKON, Indonesia, May 18 (UNHCR) – As governments in the region deliberate over what to do with boatloads of vulnerable people stranded at sea, the people of Indonesia have spoken.
In the last week, Indonesian fishermen have rescued more than 1,300 Bangladeshis and Rohingya from Myanmar after they drifted or swam to shore in the provinces of Aceh and North Sumatra. Local communities have mobilized donations of food, water as well as moral support – all desperately needed after the terrible ordeal the boat people have been through.
Fatimah*, aged 18 years, barely survived the journey. She decided to leave a camp housing displaced people in Sittwe, the capital of Rakhine state in Myanmar, after her fisherman husband was killed under mysterious circumstances over a year ago and she could no longer fend for herself and her two young daughters.
Hoping to join her sister in Malaysia, she gave everything she had – 200,000 kyats (US$180) – to board a smuggler's boat some three months ago. The boat made stops to transfer and take on more passengers, resulting in severe overcrowding. They were given food twice a day, sometimes rice, porridge, dried fish or potatoes. More than a week ago, the crew left on a speedboat and abandoned them in the open seas.
"The boat was then controlled by some of the passengers who knew how to steer one. We sailed until we ran out of gasoline," recalled Fatimah, noting that some people swam to get help. On May 10, the boat carrying 584 men, women and children from Myanmar and Bangladesh was rescued by local fishermen in Indonesia's Aceh.
"The fishermen and the local people are extremely helpful and kind to us," said Fatimah. "They took us to the closest mosque and allowed us to rest while providing us with food, water and snacks."
Her elder daughter, three-year-old Anwara, was sick from dehydration in the initial days. A local woman, Rusmawati, invited them home to clean up, and was worried to see that the little girl was still weak the next day.
"We speak a different language, it's very difficult to understand what they are saying, but I know that we have the same religion and we feel that they need to be helped," said Rusmawati, tearing up as she wished Anwara a quick recovery.
In the initial days the boat arrivals were housed in a sports hall in Lhoksukon under the coordination of Dinas Sosial, the district social and welfare office. As UNHCR worked to register the Rohingya among the group, food and clothes donated by the local people and government agencies kept flowing in. Three times a day local staff took turns to prepare meals for the group.
Ani, a second grade high school teacher who works an hour away, came with all her students and brought boxes of instant noodles and snacks. She later requested UNHCR staff to give a short sensitization session to explain why the refugees came and why people need to help them.
When it came time to move to another site last Wednesday, hundreds of locals gathered outside the sports hall, hoping to say goodbye to the people they'd cared so intensely for. The women shed tears of empathy and concern. Many of their unwitting guests shook their hands, trying to express gratitude for their generosity and affection.
"Anwara is better today," said Fatimah as she prepared to board the bus with her girls. "Only Allah can return their kindness to us."
More than 1,300 Rohingya and Bangladeshis have arrived in Indonesia's Aceh and North Sumatra provinces in the last week.
*Names changed for protection reasons
By Mitra Salima Suryono in Lhoksukon, Indonesia

Source: http://www.unhcr.org/5559efb36.html

MuslimInshallah
05-20-2015, 11:25 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I looked up the aid agency links provided by Ardianto. For those who have no knowledge of Indonesian (like myself), I'm putting in links to the English versions of the sites. There is still a fair bit of Indonesian on the site, but if you look around, you can get the info you need, and donate.

For ACT: http://translate.google.ca/translate...d/&prev=search

For MER-C: http://www.mer-c.org/index.php

(smile) We have cared enough to think about the problems of the Rohingya… (contesting injustice in the heart).

And we have cared enough to talk about the problems of the Rohingya… (contesting injustice by the tongue).

And now we can do a little something to help with the problems of the Rohingya (contesting injustice through actions).

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri said:
Marwan brought out the pulpit on 'Id. He began preaching before the prayer. A man stood and said: You opposed the sunnah, O Marwan. You brought out the pulpit on the 'Id, it was not brought out before: and you began preaching before the prayer. Abu Sa'id al-Khudri said: Wh is this (man) ? They (people) said: So-and so son of so-and-so. He has performed his duty. I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: He who observes and evil deed should change it with his hand if he can do so; if he cannot do, (he should change it) then with his tongue; if he cannot do then (he should change it) with his heart, and that is the weakest degree of the faith.

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْعَلاَءِ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا الأَعْمَشُ، عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ بْنِ رَجَاءٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيِّ، ح وَعَنْ قَيْسِ بْنِ مُسْلِمٍ، عَنْ طَارِقِ بْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيِّ، قَالَ أَخْرَجَ مَرْوَانُ الْمِنْبَرَ فِي يَوْمِ عِيدٍ فَبَدَأَ بِالْخُطْبَةِ قَبْلَ الصَّلاَةِ فَقَامَ رَجُلٌ فَقَالَ يَا مَرْوَانُ خَالَفْتَ السُّنَّةَ أَخْرَجْتَ الْمِنْبَرَ فِي يَوْمِ عِيدٍ وَلَمْ يَكُنْ يُخْرَجُ فِيهِ وَبَدَأْتَ بِالْخُطْبَةِ قَبْلَ الصَّلاَةِ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ أَبُو سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيُّ مَنْ هَذَا قَالُوا فُلاَنُ بْنُ فُلاَنٍ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ أَمَّا هَذَا فَقَدْ قَضَى مَا عَلَيْهِ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ مَنْ رَأَى مُنْكَرًا فَاسْتَطَاعَ أَنْ يُغَيِّرَهُ بِيَدِهِ فَلْيُغَيِّرْهُ بِيَدِهِ فَإِنْ لَمْ يَسْتَطِعْ فَبِلِسَانِهِ فَإِنْ لَمْ يَسْتَطِعْ فَبِقَلْبِهِ وَذَلِكَ أَضْعَفُ الإِيمَانِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Grade : Sahih (Al-Albani) صحيح (الألباني) حكم :

Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 1140
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 751
English translation : Book 2, Hadith 1136

To be sure, a little money is not enough to solve all the problems. (smile) But we human beings like to take things step by step. If we can open our wallets a little (a relatively small action), we may feel more connected to these people and look for ways to make bigger steps to help them in the future. (smile) InshAllah.

May Allah, the Numberer of All, Count us among those who follow His Guidence.

ardianto
05-20-2015, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

just read in our local daily Indonesian Navy
warned Fishermen not to save anyone even if s/he
is drowning in front of them.
Wa'alaikumsalam.

There is a misunderstanding. Actually what Navy said was, fishermen should not respond a tactic which someone jump from boat and act like drown himself. But if the situation is emergency like, the refugees boat will be sink, or refugess are floating without boat, fishermen should help them.

Yesterday, May 19, fishermen rescued more than 400 refugees again in Kuala Julok, Aceh, and Navy did not forbid them.

Muslim Woman
05-20-2015, 04:14 PM

Wa'alaikumsalam.

There is a misunderstanding. Actually what Navy said was, fishermen should not respond a tactic which someone jump from boat and act like drown himself. But if the situation is emergency like, the refugees boat will be sink, or refugess are floating without boat, fishermen should help them.

Yesterday, May 19, fishermen rescued more than 400 refugees again in Kuala Julok, Aceh, and Navy did not forbid them.
Alhamdulillah , may Allah reward them .

ardianto
05-20-2015, 04:51 PM
A video that show when Aceh fishermen rescued refugees on the sea.

MuslimInshallah
05-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) I've been having trouble donating on the ACT site. I have tried to contact them, but have heard no reply as yet. I also looked up the petition posted earlier by Muslim Woman. This is for Malaysian nationals and residents. I also contacted Avaaz. This is a large organization that runs various social justice campaigns, with a fair bit of success. (smile) It's also very easy to donate to!

They only process your donation if they are able to amass enough money to run the whole campaign.

This campaign is not just looking to help the Rohingya, but to work to help refugees in general, particluarly those at sea.

(smile) InshAllah, this will be of help!

JazakAllah khairan for caring.

ImageProxymvc?bicild&ampcanaryo8Fp2iyvUtusSo2DkHy4Oz2bI2bQcsjp2tiJ2bYCr iceZs3d0&ampurlhttp3a2f2favaaz imagess3amazonawscom2f15792 rohingya boat 3 200x100 -
Dear friends,

The most persecuted peoples on our earth are right now taking to ‘floating coffins’ to flee violence and seek sanctuary for their families. But instead of responding with humanity, our governments are closing their doors, letting them starve and drown at sea.

The Mediterranean and Andaman Seas are becoming graveyards.

Burma is driving the Rohingya out, and thousands of families are drifting helplessly at sea, forced to drink their own urine because Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia had turned them away. Syrians and Africans risk drowning every week off the coast of Southern Europe, braving the terrifying crossing as their last hope to escape torture, hunger, and traffickers.

We are facing the biggest refugees crisis since World War II, but so far governments have let them die in a climate of rising xenophobia. Now it has reached a crisis, and our community has a unique chance to jam the culture of fear with a wave of compassion.

If we each chip in a small amount now, we’ll help fund rescue operations at sea; build an Avaaz refugee team to assist those missions and resettlement, and create effective lobby cells to get leaders to open up borders; and launch ads to counter the racism.

Together we can help rescue refugees, and rescue our shared humanity.

Unless we act fast, 2015 could become the year of the boat people!

XXXXX -- pledge to urgently launch the Avaaz refugee campaign -- Avaaz will only process your donations if we raise enough to start saving lives:

Avaazers have already kick-started this campaign in the UK. The government has only allowed in 143 Syrians out of the 4 million refugees! In response, over 1,000 Avaazers have joined forces to challenge this disgraceful policy by offering to help refugees resettle, and calling on their local councils to give homes to 50 Syrian refugees each. Already 4 councils have agreed and with our pressure, we hope many more will too.

But this isn’t just a UK and Syria problem. It is a crisis of humanity when our planet’s most vulnerable are treated as criminals and left to die. Here’s a five point plan of the most critical actions Avaaz could take if we raise enough together:
  1. Support organisations that are bravely rescuing the refugees at sea.
  2. Launch Flotillas for Humanity with more private boats to assist rescue operations.
  3. Build an Avaaz refugee team to lobby governments, the EU and the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) to push for effective search and rescue operations, and increased numbers of refugee places.
  4. Support local groups in Europe and South East Asia to provide assistance to refugees arriving in reception centres, and into communities.
  5. Run hard hitting billboards and newspaper ads to counter the culture of xenophobia.

30 thousand refugees could drown in the Mediterranean this year. These families are fleeing terror and misery, and their choice to board a boat may be the only choice they have. Let’s join forces to stop these tragedies at sea. Pledge now:

Our community is one of the only in the world with millions of citizens in both the countries from which these families are fleeing and the countries they are seeking help. We have already funded extraordinary work to tackle Ebola and humanitarian work in Nepal. Now let’s take on this emergency and catalyse change with acts of inspired love and inspired bravery.

With hope and determination,

Alice, Ben, Oli, Diego, Mais, Emily, Dalia, Ricken and the Avaaz team

SOURCES:

Myanmar Muslim migrants abandoned at sea have been 'drinking their own urine' to survive (The Independent UK)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10249854.html

Syria Refugee Regional Response (UNHCR)
http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/regional.php

Mediterranean migrants: Details emerge of deadly capsize (BBC)
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32399433

Lost at sea, unwanted: The plight of Myanmar's Rohingya 'boat people' (CNN)
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/19/as...ips-explainer/

Stranded Rohingya migrants say: 'We're dying on board' (Al Jazeera)
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/0...130244345.html

ImageProxymvc?bicild&ampcanaryo8Fp2iyvUtusSo2DkHy4Oz2bI2bQcsjp2tiJ2bYCr iceZs3d0&ampurlhttp3a2f2fopenavaazorg2fact2fopen2f753336330 0 -

Avaaz.org is a 41-million-person global campaign network that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at www.avaaz.org/en/contact or call us at +1-888-922-8229 (US).

Too many newsletters? You can unsubscribe.

abuhafsa786
05-21-2015, 07:42 PM
Salams,

I cant not believe that the treachorous muslim rulers are not doing anything for our muslim brothers and sisters

Wasalam

MoKhan1924
05-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Asalamualaykum dear brothers and sister,

Recently, the Rohingyan Muslims have made the news and it seems that nobody has tried to help them. Why is this the case when the Muslim population is a great one and indeed, shouldn't we be helping our Muslim brothers and sisters. "The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs suffers, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." (Al-Bukhari and Muslim). It seems that not many Muslims are applying this hadith to the reality.

BeTheChange
05-21-2015, 08:05 PM
Asalamualykum

Ameen to the duas of everyone on this thread.

If it brings any comfort to anyone...

Praise be to Allaah.It is proven in the saheeh Sunnah that there are various kinds of martyrs who will attain the status of martyrdom in the Hereafter; this is by the grace and mercy of Allah. It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:

“The martyrs are five: the one who dies of the plague, the one who dies of a stomach disease,
the one who drowns, the one who is crushed beneath a falling wall, and the martyr who is killed for the sake of Allaah.”

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Ibn al-Teen said:

All of these are deaths which involve hardship. Allah has bestowed His grace upon the ummah of Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) by making them means of erasing their sins and increasing their rewards, and enabling them to attain the status of martyrdom.

ardianto
05-21-2015, 10:43 PM
Around 400 boat people who consist of single men will be deported to their country, Bangladesh.

Not all boat people who land in Indonesia are Rohingya from Myanmar. There are Bangladeshi job seekers too among them who depart from Cox Bazar with destination Malaysia. Their journey arranged by Thai human trafficking syndicate that also arranged journey for Rohingya asylum seeker who departed from Rakhine, Myanmar. They were joined on the sea. But after they arrived in Malaysian sea area, the syndicate left them without enough food and fuel.

Indonesian govt now decide to rescue the boat people who still on the sea, and will give shelter, co-operate with UNHCR, but only for Rohingya people who lived in Myanmar, while Bangladeshi job seeker or Rohingya who already live in Bangladesh will be deported to Bangladesh.

Now there are around 12,000 Rohingya people in Indonesia.

abuhafsa786
05-23-2015, 09:20 AM
Salams,

Please view this video and pass onto as many muslims as possible.

jazak allah

abuhafsa786
05-23-2015, 09:22 AM
As an ummah that is one ummah we should be doing so much more for our people instead of relying on the kuffar to fix the poblem-

Sakina'141
05-25-2015, 10:27 AM

i found a petition online

Rescue the Rohingyans

• target: The Federal Government of Malaysia
  • signatures: 7,625

we've got 7,625 signatures, help us get to 10,000

The link to this petition is:
Good Post! JazakAllah!

Around 400 boat people who consist of single men will be deported to their country, Bangladesh.

Not all boat people who land in Indonesia are Rohingya from Myanmar. There are Bangladeshi job seekers too among them who depart from Cox Bazar with destination Malaysia. Their journey arranged by Thai human trafficking syndicate that also arranged journey for Rohingya asylum seeker who departed from Rakhine, Myanmar. They were joined on the sea. But after they arrived in Malaysian sea area, the syndicate left them without enough food and fuel.

Indonesian govt now decide to rescue the boat people who still on the sea, and will give shelter, co-operate with UNHCR, but only for Rohingya people who lived in Myanmar, while Bangladeshi job seeker or Rohingya who already live in Bangladesh will be deported to Bangladesh.

Now there are around 12,000 Rohingya people in Indonesia.
Alhamdulillah, that is something! May Allah guide us all to the right path that pleases Allah and earns his love and blessings, Ameen.

Muslim Woman
05-28-2015, 04:04 PM

At first , a Bangladeshi Minister said there are very few BD people in the boats ( as if it's ok if few fellow citizens die in middle of sea without food , water ) . Still there is a confusion how many BD citizens are there among the boat people.

Later Prime Minister of Bangladesh said , besides
middlemen who arranged these trips - those who degraded the image of the country i. e. boat people , they also will be punished . imsad:omg:

A new item published in Daily Star , Bangladesh on May 25

Myanmar once again brands Rohingya Muslims as Bangladeshis

Myanmar's same old trick raises concern

Myanmar has once again banked on its old trick to describe Rohingya Muslims as "Bengalis" to avoid responsibilities amid growing international pressure on it to rescue thousands of boatpeople trapped at sea.

Following the rescue of 208 people from a boat on Thursday, Myanmar government officials claimed all of them were from Bangladesh and they would be deported to Bangladesh soon.
But government officials and experts on migrant issues in Dhaka termed it a “ploy” to push Rohingyas into Bangladesh.

Myanmar does not recognise the Rohingya population as its citizen.
Its claim came under fire as Reuters news agency found at least eight Rohingya Muslims among the 208, after interviewing a group of them at Kyauk Taw in Rakhine state where the rescued have been kept.

A team of Bangladesh officials will go there today or tomorrow to interview them, said a top foreign ministry official.
“If anyone is a confirmed Bangladeshi citizen, we'll instantly arrange for his repatriation,” the official added.

In another development, the Border Guard Bangladesh yesterday sought a complete list from Myanmar of those rescued.

Previously, the Myanmar authorities sent an “incomplete” list of 200 people, claiming they were Bangladeshis. The list does not contain particulars of those rescued in detail.

http://www.thedailystar.net/frontpag...ladeshis-86866

Muslim Woman
05-28-2015, 04:18 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by abuhafsa786
Salams,

Please view this video and pass onto as many muslims as possible.

jazak allah

pl. post again . Can't see any link.

ardianto
05-28-2015, 05:09 PM
At first , a Bangladeshi Minister said there are very few BD people in the boats ( as if it's ok if few fellow citizens die in middle of sea without food , water ) . Still there is a confusion how many BD citizens are there among the boat people.
:wa:

Not few, sis. From 1782 boat people that have landed in Aceh in May, 720 of them are Bangladeshis. It has been confirmed by Bangladeshi ambassador who has visited them. All of those Bangladeshis are adult males, young enough, and went 'alone'. I mean, they didn't go with their families. Different than the Rohingyas that consist of men and women, including children and old people. Many of the Rohingyas left Myanmar with their families.

Actually those boat people departed from two different places. The Bangladeshi departed from Cox Bazar, while mostly of the Rohingyas departed from Rakhine. But their journey were arranged by same syndicate, from Thailand. They met on the sea and moved to boats that provided by the syndicate. Their destination was Malaysia. However, when they arrived in Malaysia sea area, the syndicate left them because afraid of Malaysian navy.

Frankly, I wrote about those Bangladeshis because Indonesian govt will deport them soon. It could cause a misunderstanding if I didn't explain that those people are Bangladeshis, not Rohingyas. The Rohingyas themselves can stay in refugees shelter.

hisnameiszzz
05-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Salaams all,

Thank you to all that have posted on here about this atrocity. I must admit, I forgot about these poor people 2 years ago. It was brought to light 2 Ramadhans ago, but it seems everyone seems to have forgotten about them.

Thankfully the Imam at my Masjid mentioned it in his Jummah sermon today and my Masjid is going to be doing a Ramadhan month appeal for them. They have asked everyone to donate most of their Zakat to them which is what I will be doing. I've always had a special place in my heart for Gaza, but this year, Rohingiya will take preference for me. It truly is awful what is happening to them.

Please can everyone email/text/whatsapp their friends so they know what is going on in Rohingiya. If they can't or do not want to donate, at least they can say a special prayer for them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!