/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it mentioned in Quran that responsibility of getting Son married is with parents

anonymous
05-14-2015, 09:06 PM
Where in the Quran is it mentioned in Quran that responsibility of getting Son married is with parents ? The parents continue to look for super rich families to marry which they dont find ( in a country where most muslims are poor) and son keeps getting older and goes out of marriage market.

On Judgement day will Allah hold the parents accountable for their greed for money if they fail to get their son married and son dies a bachelor all alone

Will Allah punish these monsterous parents in hell ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
05-15-2015, 02:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Where in the Quran is it mentioned in Quran that responsibility of getting Son married is with parents ?
I don't think there's anything specific like that.. The parents are responsible for the upbringing of the child. Where he ends up working, marrying or living is entirely up to the children. Sometimes parents just like the idea of authority and feel that they are 'owed' for the sacrifices they put and hence demand absolute allegiance from their children. SOme to the point of not allowing their married child leave the house... there's nothing in the Quran that says parent have that right, but situations of every family is different and it is the dynamics internally that defines how and what happens within that family.

On Judgement day will Allah hold the parents accountable for their greed for money if they fail to get their son married
Not my position to say.

Wow! Wishing for your parents hell? Are they really that monstrous? (Don't answer that please! Just for your reflection) Are they that controlling in every aspect of your life or just on marriage? Are they cruel or just fussy? Are they hypocrites by setting a different standard for you while they have non for themselves etc etc.. I mean sometimes, we overlook at all the other good in parents and only see the one bad thing they do and as a result, they are the WORSE of parents!

You should perhaps make lots of due and prayers (hajat) to seek Allah's favor and perhaps to have your parents change their ways... You've got to be patient and appeal to Allah ... and remain patient. Don't wish hell for your parents.. please

:peace:

anonymous
05-15-2015, 10:42 AM
As i asked earlier , how will Allah judge the parents and whether they will be dealt with for their misdeed ? acccording to islam , Are the parents committing a sin due to their greed ? Is the marriage not an obligatory thing for the man or is it just a sunnah and so therefore parents will get away scott free it after causing the son to die like a dog in his old age ? please provide the proof and answer the questions asked , please .

Alpha Dude
05-15-2015, 07:16 PM
I don't say this to mock you but - grow a pair. Take responsibility for your own life. You are old enough to see see right from wrong. If you feel your parents are being unjust to the extent that you wish your parents hell - hello, wake up - that's way worse than "disobeying" them and marrying of your own accord.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
05-15-2015, 07:36 PM
Assalaamu alaikum

If you are the same anonymous who has created multiple threads before, asking where's the evidence from Qur'an for this that and the other, making a mockery of the purpose and guidance of the Qur'an, and then getting angry when people try to get you to see sense, then this thread won't go far.

Please refer to your parents in terms of respect.

As i asked earlier , how will Allah judge the parents and whether they will be dealt with for their misdeed ?
Nobody here is Allah, or can speak on his behalf as to how he will judge two particular people, whom none of us know, save the awful terms in which their son has referred to them.

please provide the proof and answer the questions asked , please .
Again, we don't know the ins and outs of your situation. This is not something that lay strangers on the internet can advise you on, nor should you seek such advice.

It is better if you seek help and advice and reconciliation locally, but if that cannot be done, then it is better if you go to a fatwa site, run by people of knowledge, explaining your situation in detail. Even then, the aim should not be a fatwa, as to how your parents will be dealt with, but something to help reconciliation and to help you all move forward.

May Allah ease and rectify your affairs, and grant us all the tawfiq to honour our parents, ameen.

Ridwaan Ravat
05-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Wa alaikum salaam.

Nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم has encouraged parents to marry their children off when they reach a suitable age. Nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم has encouraged righteous spouses.

The son should make duaa and ask allah for help and with wisdom and diplomacy make his parents understand.
All effort should be made not to be disrespectful, try and get a senior scholar to speak to them.

May Allah make it easy. Aameen

anonymous
05-15-2015, 07:53 PM
If you feel your parents are being unjust to the extent that you wish your parents hell - hello, wake up - that's way worse than "disobeying" them and marrying of your own accord.
You are just putting words into my mouth, Where did i say that i wished hell ? I only asked how Allah will deal with them and if there is something in the Quran and hadith to suggest the punishment that would be given because I know that Allah is just and make sure evil-doers dont get away with what they are doing and will either punish them in this world,grave or in hell.

And its you who needs to wake up and see that parents are not God and do not oppress children.
Dont know which world you are coming up. For eg : Go and read how many have killed their own children and then come back to me.I suppose even then they need to be embraced .You seem to think all parents have been created to be Angels and incapable on wrong .Grow up.

Alpha Dude
05-15-2015, 08:49 PM

You are just putting words into my mouth, Where did i say that i wished hell ? I only asked how Allah will deal with them and if there is something in the Quran and hadith to suggest the punishment that would be given because I know that Allah is just and make sure evil-doers dont get away with what they are doing and will either punish them in this world,grave or in hell.

And its you who needs to wake up and see that parents are not God and do not oppress children.
Dont know which world you are coming up. For eg : Go and read how many have killed their own children and then come back to me.I suppose even then they need to be embraced .You seem to think all parents have been created to be Angels and incapable on wrong .Grow up.

You said:
The obvious implication of that for anyone with half a brain cell is that you wish your parents hell, given the context of your thread. If you intended otherwise, you should have worded your question and post in a better way.

Secondly, your rant about parents not being perfect etc. is completely misplaced as I never said parents are angels and that they can do no wrong.

Alpha Dude
05-15-2015, 08:49 PM
And I repeat what I said, grow a pair brother. It will solve your problem.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!