/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ...google

Scimitar
05-17-2015, 10:04 PM
... I absolutely love the way google runs as an umbrella to other globally recognised digital platforms, and am amazed at the speed by which it managed to successfully launch all it has in such short a time frame...

Now they're thinking about putting a "Buy Now" button on their advertising streams and search results - when I read about this, I thought "WOW". I mean, I wish I had thought of that... as for their ability to provide stability and reliability to digital media platforms, I have to admit, for a small browser based search engine which was a bit of a running joke to begin with - it turned into a house giant - a real elephant in the room. Companies such as netscape had to ditch their navigator browser and since then google have gone from strength to strength, often pushing out the competition in the process as it re-writes the way we engage digitally...

is Google a game changer though?

I did wonder if google would ever compete with the digital megastores such as ebay and amazon... judging by the way Google is approaching the marketplace - I'm starting to wonder if ebay and amazon will still be around in 10 years time - will Google be the new ebay/amazon? A BUY NOW button sure does sound like a healthy threat.

Only time will tell, and Allah knows best.

What do you think about Google?

Scimi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
05-17-2015, 10:52 PM
Google is king of the search engines. It processes 3.5 billion searches per day! :omg:

I don't think Google will ever dominate everything so it's all one big monopoly. But they are always hitting new areas, for example Gmail, Chrome, Google maps etc. It is kind of scary the rate they are growing.

Imagine how much data we are giving this company. Our searches, messages, photos and more. Looks like soon they will know everything about us from A-Z.

Sakina'141
05-17-2015, 11:43 PM
I love google, I depend on it on daily basis for all sorts of random things to research work topics, grammar, languages, shopping, cooking, maps...so many countless things. But I don't think they can do everything though, in my opinion its not really possible to cover everything (so any different areas) effectively by one company alone...its just too broad so I personally think ebay and amazon do not have much competition from google in the future. But Google is an excellent search engine and I think it will always be.

BeTheChange
05-20-2015, 09:11 PM
I agree with brother Farhan on this one. Am always concerned about the information big companies have about us. Not that we have anything to hide, but it is a matter of personal privacy and i think we all know privacy doesn't exist in the online world. Everything you do is stored, saved and even if it's deleted there's ways of retrieving the deleted files.

Same goes with mobile phones. I think this is why i avoid smart phones. I've recently brought a tablet - nexus one and i wasn't impressed because the first thing you need to do is log in using your google account :-( Now, everything i do on my tablet is saved and stored by google. Not impressed at all - hugely disappointing but nothing i can do about that.

Like i say, i don't have anything to hide. Just concerned about the power that google (& other companies) have with our information.

We're living in an information age...

On the positive side, google has the answer to nearly every question!

May Allah swa help us use the internet to our advantage Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!